gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
681017 Posts in 27627 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims May 15, 2024, 04:09:38 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
MyDrKnowsItKeepsMeCalm and 32 Guests are viewing this topic.       « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Stagecoach: Mike & Bruce BBs live (28 April)  (Read 1161 times)
juggler
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: April 28, 2024, 04:48:06 AM »

Heads up...
I notice that the 3-day Stagecoach country music festival is streaming live on 2 channels on Amazon Prime.
I mention this because the Beach Boys touring band is playing a set on Sunday, 28 April at 19:20 Pacific Time.

I'm kinda curious to see how the BB set goes over with the crowd . I assume very well, as so much the music, of course, transcends genres and generations.
(BTW, if you think Mike & Bruce are the oldsters of this hootenanny, think again, as nonagenarian Willie Nelson has them backed off the map)
« Last Edit: April 28, 2024, 04:49:18 AM by juggler » Logged
juggler
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2024, 03:44:55 AM »

I posted about this yesterday... and then it slipped my mind, so I missed most of the set but caught the tail end.
Mike & Bruce & Co. were joined by Stamos and Mark McGrath.  Credit where credit is due... Mike Love is doing really well for 83.
The crowd seemed to love 'em.  

One side note... I notice that Mike L was sporting rosary beads....  is that a new thing for him? Has he converted to Catholicism in his old age?
Emdeeh
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2024, 03:54:43 AM »

Everybody missed most of the set. The coverage started in the last third of their set, just the big hits they save for last. No surfing songs, no PS songs -- those were played earlier in the part of the show we didn't get to see.
juggler
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2024, 04:15:33 AM »

Thanks for that clarification, MD.  Granted, I understand when Amazon has 2 channels going and there are acts happening on 3 stages, something must be cut... but, seriously, the BBs?!  Gotta wonder what kind of philistine whippersnappers are running the show at Amazon music
Zenobi
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2024, 01:37:58 AM »

Probably the same kind of philistine whippersnappers who run the show at Amazon Prime Video...
acedecade75
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2024, 12:19:37 AM »

I think this is the first time I've posted something negative, but I am really disappointed with what I'm seeing from Mike & Bruce's group.  John Stamos and Mark McGrath just bounce around the stage like hyperactive kids.  I think John Stamos literally has to try out every microphone on stage.  They add nothing but nonsense to the show.  I also thought the vocals were quite weak.  The overall sound reminds me of a bar band that really doesn't care that much.  They know that everybody is just there to party.  I really wish the music was being given more respect.  I know Mike and Bruce aren't young anymore, but they could put together a much better show that what they are giving people.
MyDrKnowsItKeepsMeCalm
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2024, 12:59:04 AM »

I think this is the first time I've posted something negative, but I am really disappointed with what I'm seeing from Mike & Bruce's group.  John Stamos and Mark McGrath just bounce around the stage like hyperactive kids.  I think John Stamos literally has to try out every microphone on stage.  They add nothing but nonsense to the show.  I also thought the vocals were quite weak.  The overall sound reminds me of a bar band that really doesn't care that much.  They know that everybody is just there to party.  I really wish the music was being given more respect.  I know Mike and Bruce aren't young anymore, but they could put together a much better show that what they are giving people.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tLjx3YOtpkc

Hard to argue. Whew.

Pretty Funky
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2024, 06:38:40 PM »

Cringe. 😬
Robbie Mac
Smiley Smile Associate

Carl Wilson is not amused.

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2024, 10:28:11 PM »

That band took a massive hit when Totten & Cowsill left. It shows it, too.

The world could come together as one
If everybody under the sun
Adds some 🎼 to your day
acedecade75
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2024, 01:09:52 AM »

It's an entirely different sound, and it's not good.  The effort seems to go into cheap theatrics with little care as to the quality of the music.
Zenobi
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2024, 05:04:16 PM »

Stamos and McGrath should return to whichever hell they came from.
Sadly, all this was to expect when the excellent Totten and Cowsill were "let go".

The romantic in me hopes that Scott and John left the first time they saw Stamos and McGrath together.
« Last Edit: Yesterday at 10:26:13 AM by Zenobi » Logged
HeyJude
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: Yesterday at 03:33:17 PM »

Sadly, all this was to expect when the excellent Totten and Cowsill were "let go".

The romantic in me hopes that Scott and John left the first time they saw Stamos and McGrath together.

Unfortunately, no. The Stamos/McGrath pairing happened at least as early as 2017. But it did result in this Magnum Opus of our time:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AdYbymafUd0

THE BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE IS ON FACEBOOK!!! http://www.facebook.com/beachboysopinion - Check out the original "BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE" Blog - http://beachboysopinion.blogspot.com/
MyDrKnowsItKeepsMeCalm
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Yesterday at 05:49:41 PM »

Unfortunately, no. The Stamos/McGrath pairing happened at least as early as 2017. But it did result in this Magnum Opus of our time:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AdYbymafUd0

LOL  LOL  LOL

"THAT'S MIKE LOVE!" [twirls]

Zenobi
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Yesterday at 06:16:46 PM »

I had removed that from my memories...
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to: