gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680894 Posts in 27619 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims May 04, 2024, 04:31:28 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Dennis Wilson Movie News  (Read 40376 times)
Jay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #100 on: October 21, 2011, 09:09:38 PM »

Bruce Dern as oldsurferdude??

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y8Tw0_tXIfQ

There's no need to disrespect Bruce Dern. Cool
Brother Theodore!!  Grin I love that guy. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AbaeNRZJm-I&feature=related  LOL

A son of anarchy surrounded by the hierarchy.
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #101 on: October 22, 2011, 01:37:07 AM »

I think the real question is: who will be playing MIKE LOVE?Huh?
Close your eyes and lean back...visualize a metal container of ham-open the can and remove the cold meat.  Position it as sitting up with the pointed part on top-then place a hat (or turban) on the top of the ham. This will take care of the Myke Luhv part of the movie. Razz
Honestly what is your beef with Mike Love? Granted he isn't the greatest person in the world and can be a jerk at times, but why do you always got to trash the man excessively all the time when everybody here knows you hate him. Let go of your anger and just join into conversations constructively. Wink

OldSurferDude is somewuht of a troll, but I don't mynd him. From what I can tell, he only averages 3 anti-mike love posts a month, and the rest of his posts are on-topic....this compared to Phil Cohen's daily onslaught of bullsh*t is quite nice. So he's really not a troll I guess, just a guy with a serious bent towards one of rock-n-roll's greatest lyricists.

Actually, his OSD's dislyke of Mike Love makes me appreciate Mike Love that much more. Grin
Don't remind me of Phil Cohen's glory days on the smile sessions thread where AGD was rightly pissed at the crap he was saying non-stop. LOL

Speaking of whom, PC is currently banned from no less than three MBs - here, the Hoff and Imwan. That's no mean achievement.  Grin

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #102 on: October 22, 2011, 01:20:31 PM »

Close your eyes and lean back...visualize a metal container of ham-open the can and remove the cold meat.  Position it as sitting up with the pointed part on top-then place a hat (or turban) on the top of the ham. This will take care of the Myke Luhv part of the movie. Razz
Honestly what is your beef with Mike Love? Granted he isn't the greatest person in the world and can be a jerk at times, but why do you always got to trash the man excessively all the time when everybody here knows you hate him. Let go of your anger and just join into conversations constructively. Wink

OldSurferDude is somewuht of a troll, but I don't mynd him. From what I can tell, he only averages 3 anti-mike love posts a month, and the rest of his posts are on-topic....this compared to Phil Cohen's daily onslaught of bullsh*t is quite nice. So he's really not a troll I guess, just a guy with a serious bent towards one of rock-n-roll's greatest lyricists.

Actually, his OSD's dislyke of Mike Love makes me appreciate Mike Love that much more. Grin
Don't remind me of Phil Cohen's glory days on the smile sessions thread where AGD was rightly pissed at the crap he was saying non-stop. LOL

Speaking of whom, PC is currently banned from no less than three MBs - here, the Hoff and Imwan. That's no mean achievement.  Grin
By the end of the year he will be banned from the internet, and ranting at the local library or soapbox. Grin

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #103 on: October 23, 2011, 02:48:05 AM »

By the end of the year he will be banned from the internet, and ranting at the local library or soapbox. Grin

Thanks. The bill for cleaning a mouthful of tea from my laptop, wall and bookshelf will be coming your way shortly.  LOL

hypehat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #104 on: October 23, 2011, 03:38:05 AM »

LOL

All roads lead to Kokomo. Exhaustive research in time travel has conclusively proven that there is no alternate universe WITHOUT Kokomo. It would've happened regardless.
What is this "life" thing you speak of ?

Quote from: Al Jardine
Syncopate it? In front of all these people?!
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #105 on: October 23, 2011, 01:26:59 PM »

Thanks. The bill for cleaning a mouthful of tea from my laptop, wall and bookshelf will be coming your way shortly.  LOL
Your welcome LOL

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
tony p
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #106 on: November 08, 2011, 04:26:31 PM »

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/11/08/aaron-eckhart-rum-diary-frankenstein_n_1082057.html

new interview with Aaron Eckhart where he discusses a little about 'The Drummer'

Brigham Young? Are you a fan of Mitt Romney?

I don't know. I'm studying for two movies right now -- "I, Frankenstein" and "The Drummer," which is about Dennis Wilson of The Beach Boys -- so I am sort of underwater right now. I am trying to figure out how to play the drums and piano, and to be a monster.

Tell me more about studying to be a Beach Boy.

I don't know how many people know this, but Dennis Wilson, the drummer for The Beach Boys, was at the end of his life and he died young after having finished his second solo album. His first solo album came out this soulful, dark personal piece of music that was highly acclaimed by the critics of the time.

After Brian Wilson started going into his malaise, Dennis had to take over song-writing duties and came to realize he was a good songwriter. The movie is about his journey and it is financed by the guy who produced his album, so we have all of Dennis' unreleased music. It's a big challenge and I am sort of freaking out, because it is going to be a lot of work, including learning to play the piano and the drums and sing.

Is someone going to have to kick you in the balls again?

No, thank the Lord, because Dennis' range is down there.

I gotta heart that just wont stop beating for you, I gotta love that just can’t stop feeling for you
rab2591
Smiley Smile Associate

"My God. It's full of stars."

View Profile
« Reply #107 on: November 08, 2011, 05:15:18 PM »

Thanks for the update!

I'm looking forward to it.

Bill Tobelman's SMiLE site

God must’ve smiled the day Brian Wilson was born!

"ragegasm" - /rāj • ga-zəm/ : a logical mental response produced when your favorite band becomes remotely associated with the bro-country genre.

Ever want to hear some Beach Boys songs mashed up together like The Beatles' 'LOVE' album? Check out my mix!
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #108 on: November 09, 2011, 01:26:30 AM »

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/11/08/aaron-eckhart-rum-diary-frankenstein_n_1082057.html

new interview with Aaron Eckhart where he discusses a little about 'The Drummer'

I don't know. I'm studying for two movies right now -- "I, Frankenstein" and "The Drummer," which is about Dennis Wilson of The Beach Boys -- so I am sort of underwater right now. I am trying to figure out how to play the drums and piano, and to be a monster.

I don't know how many people know this, but Dennis Wilson, the drummer for The Beach Boys, was at the end of his life and he died young after having finished his second solo album. His first solo album came out this soulful, dark personal piece of music that was highly acclaimed by the critics of the time.

After Brian Wilson started going into his malaise, Dennis had to take over song-writing duties and came to realize he was a good songwriter. The movie is about his journey and it is financed by the guy who produced his album, so we have all of Dennis' unreleased music. It's a big challenge and I am sort of freaking out, because it is going to be a lot of work, including learning to play the piano and the drums and sing.

Greg Jakobsen ??!?

Bleachboy
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #109 on: November 09, 2011, 03:55:00 AM »

so I am sort of underwater right now.
That's really clever
Jon Stebbins
Honored Guest

View Profile
« Reply #110 on: November 09, 2011, 07:47:18 AM »

Greg Jakobsen ??!?

Switch those initials around and you've got it.
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #111 on: November 09, 2011, 08:37:52 AM »

OK... well that gives me a glimmer of hope that it won't be a complete snow job. Just a glimmer.

drbeachboy
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #112 on: November 09, 2011, 08:46:55 AM »

OK... well that gives me a glimmer of hope that it won't be a complete snow job. Just a glimmer.
Andrew, so you think JWG will treat this endevour with respect? Jon, have you been asked to help out? Same goes for Ed?
« Last Edit: November 09, 2011, 03:23:37 PM by drbeachboy » Logged

The Brianista Prayer

Oh Brian
Thou Art In Hawthorne,
Harmonied Be Thy name
Your Kingdom Come,
Your Steak Well Done,
On Stage As It Is In Studio,
Give Us This Day, Our Shortenin' Bread
And Forgive Us Our Bootlegs,
As We Also Have Forgiven Our Wife And Managers,
And Lead Us Not Into Kokomo,
But Deliver Us From Mike Love.
Amen.  ---hypehat
Jon Stebbins
Honored Guest

View Profile
« Reply #113 on: November 09, 2011, 08:48:25 AM »

Jon, have you been asked to help out?
No
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #114 on: November 09, 2011, 08:53:58 AM »

That thud you just heard ? My hopes, hitting the floor.

tony p
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #115 on: November 09, 2011, 01:48:28 PM »

youd think the producers would use the 'Real Beach Boy' book as some sort of reference point

but i just dont get it - how can you make a movie about the life of DW without consulting the author of the definitive book about his life and close friend?

Jon, would you ever offer your services as some sort of consultant on the movie, or is it a case of "if they dont ask, im not offering"

I gotta heart that just wont stop beating for you, I gotta love that just can’t stop feeling for you
tony p
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #116 on: November 09, 2011, 01:51:06 PM »

W2 Media has made a seven-figure advance for international sales on The Drummer, a biopic about the Beach Boys drummer Dennis Wilson that stars Aaron Eckhart.

The project, which is being shopped to buyers at AFM, looks at the final six years of Wilson’s life, which ended when he drowned in Marina del Rey in 1983. Randall Miller is directing from a screenplay by Miller and Jody Savin, the pair behind Bottle Shock. They are producing with Brad Rosenberger under the group’s Unclaimed Freight banner.

James William Guercio of Caribou Records and Don Mandrik of Georgia Production Finance are executive producing; Wilson’s children Carl and Jennifer are on board as co-producers. Shooting is set to start after Eckhart finishes filming Lionsgate’s I Frankenstein, and the filmmakers expect to announce the rest of the cast soon.

Jon Stebbins
Honored Guest

View Profile
« Reply #117 on: November 09, 2011, 02:05:14 PM »

youd think the producers would use the 'Real Beach Boy' book as some sort of reference point
Jon, would you ever offer your services as some sort of consultant on the movie, or is it a case of "if they dont ask, im not offering
Using the book as a reference would seem likely. I contacted the producers last year when the film project was first announced... but I got no response.
southbay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #118 on: November 09, 2011, 02:15:32 PM »

a bit strange.  Jon, I read your book and have it at home but it has been awhile and I don't recall right now...did Guercio and Dennis' children participate/cooperate in your book?  They certainly know of your work and knowledge of the subject matter, can't believe they would have anything but positive feelings about it.

Summer's gone...it's finally sinking in
Zander
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #119 on: November 09, 2011, 02:50:46 PM »

Don't worry - I believe the producers are in the process of lining up John Stamos for artistic direction....  Roll Eyes

Heh heh heh!  Cool Guy
« Last Edit: November 09, 2011, 03:25:54 PM by Zander » Logged

They say I got brains but they ain't doing me no good, I wish they could...
Jon Stebbins
Honored Guest

View Profile
« Reply #120 on: November 09, 2011, 03:08:47 PM »

a bit strange.  Jon, I read your book and have it at home but it has been awhile and I don't recall right now...did Guercio and Dennis' children participate/cooperate in your book?  They certainly know of your work and knowledge of the subject matter, can't believe they would have anything but positive feelings about it.
They've been very complimentary about both the book and the documentary. Guercio helped me with both, and I've always had a good relationship with Dennis' ex-wives and his sons. I think the filmmakers have their own direction they want to pursue...or something like that. I can only guess because no one has really told me anything.
bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #121 on: November 09, 2011, 07:21:12 PM »

They've been very complimentary about both the book and the documentary. Guercio helped me with both, and I've always had a good relationship with Dennis' ex-wives and his sons. I think the filmmakers have their own direction they want to pursue...or something like that. I can only guess because no one has really told me anything.

But, of course; if they start talking to you they leave themselves open to having to pay you a fee, or risking a lawsuit over the content of their screenplay

Nothing I post is my opinion, it's all a message from God
Chocolate Shake Man
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #122 on: November 10, 2011, 07:49:45 AM »

so I am sort of underwater right now.
That's really clever

LOL

How unintentionally offensive.
PongHit
Smiley Smile Associate

AVOID MISSING BALL FOR HIGH SCORE • JeffWinner.com

View Profile WWW
« Reply #123 on: December 18, 2011, 09:53:02 AM »

"THE WRESTLER," "THE BOXER," "THE HELP," "THE ARTIST,"… and now, the Dennis movie — "THE DRUMMER."  What's up with these movie titles??  If Spielberg were starting his career now, the studio would force him to make, "THE SHARK."

''Only more damage can arise from this temporary, fleeting image of success known as The Beach Boys.''
—MURRY WILSON

''People are thinking Mike Love is crazy.''
—MIKE LOVE

''Mike Love? He's Crazy.''
—BRIAN WILSON
Fall Breaks
Smiley Smile Associate

How it really got to my soul

View Profile
« Reply #124 on: December 19, 2011, 06:12:50 AM »

"THE WRESTLER," "THE BOXER," "THE HELP," "THE ARTIST,"… and now, the Dennis movie — "THE DRUMMER."  What's up with these movie titles??  If Spielberg were starting his career now, the studio would force him to make, "THE SHARK."
Which, incidentally, is the exact title (translated into Swedish) that Jaws has in Sweden.

"I think people should write better melodies and sing a little sweeter, and knock off that stupid rap crap, y’know? Rap is really ridiculous" -- Brian Wilson, 2010
gfx
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx