gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680975 Posts in 27625 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims May 11, 2024, 06:26:54 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Rock Band  (Read 8808 times)
The Heartical Don
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 06, 2010, 03:37:25 AM »

The Beach Boys are probably not "cool" enough to have a rock band made for them.

Because there are many people who just dont realize what good music is!

What she said! (no disrespect to the Fabs, they were a fairly decent band, I guess...) Smiley

THANK YOU! OMG, someone who agrees!! I seriously thought I was the only one lol.

Guitar music is on the way out.

80% Of Success Is Showing Up
The infamous Baldwin Organ
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 06, 2010, 12:41:56 PM »

The Beach Boys are probably not "cool" enough to have a rock band made for them.

Because there are many people who just dont realize what good music is!

What she said! (no disrespect to the Fabs, they were a fairly decent band, I guess...) Smiley

THANK YOU! OMG, someone who agrees!! I seriously thought I was the only one lol.

For a large part of America, I would say it pretty much is. The bulk of 'popular' music is more about sequencers, and I'd say it's been that way for a time. I don't care for it, but even as I guitar player myself, I personally don't care for the guitar bands that have been coming out lately either. And to remake old sounds never lasts beyond brief revival periods. It's at least good to try for something different.
Dr. Tim
Smiley Smile Associate

"Would you put a loud count on it for us please?"

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 06, 2010, 05:03:14 PM »

Actually it's Rock Band that's on the way out, it's so 2007.   Nice that the Beatles finally got around to OK'ing the game, but they are a good three years too late for it to be the sensation it might have been.

A funny byproduct of Rock Band is that the people who wrote the Rock Band mainstays like Aerosmith songs hella SUCK at Rock Band.  Because the game gear is set up for gamers, not musicians.  Joe Perry can't help but play Walk This Way like he's played it for decades - on a real guitar fretboard.  Which is not how the game guitar fretboard works.  So Game Guy could smoke him at playing the game.  Then Game Guy has to go do his shift as a McDonalds french fry cook.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2010, 05:04:20 PM by Dr. Tim » Logged

Hey kids! Remember:
mono mixes suck donkey dick
gfx
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx