gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
681220 Posts in 27630 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims May 29, 2024, 01:35:19 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
doinnothin and 18 Guests are viewing this topic.       « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 112 113 114 115 116 [117] 118 119 120 121 122 ... 286 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Thread for various insignificant questions that don't deserve their own thread!  (Read 1419283 times)
I. Spaceman
Smiley Smile Associate

Revolution Never Again

View Profile
« Reply #2900 on: September 27, 2012, 09:43:59 PM »

in "Brian Is Back" when Mike says "you fell in love with a pretty cheerleader", who is he referring to? Did Brian have any flings before Marilyn?

Quite a few flings.

Nobody gives a sh*t about the Record Room
Rocky Raccoon
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2901 on: September 27, 2012, 11:43:04 PM »

Why did Billy Hinsche leave the touring band and why was Jeff Foskett initially fired?

hypehat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2902 on: September 28, 2012, 02:30:19 AM »

in "Brian Is Back" when Mike says "you fell in love with a pretty cheerleader", who is he referring to? Did Brian have any flings before Marilyn?

Balling cheerleaders is the American dream iirc.

All roads lead to Kokomo. Exhaustive research in time travel has conclusively proven that there is no alternate universe WITHOUT Kokomo. It would've happened regardless.
What is this "life" thing you speak of ?

Quote from: Al Jardine
Syncopate it? In front of all these people?!
dwtherealbb
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2903 on: September 28, 2012, 05:51:09 PM »

OK here are some more

1. Why wasn't Marks invited back in 65? He seemed like a pretty nice guy and with Murry out, I would think he would want back in. If not then, why not invite him after Bruce bailed in 71?
2. did Carl and Murry get along? He had to actually live with the guy until he was 18 (which would have been a few months after he was fired). It seemed that Murry wasn't as harsh on Carl.
3. What is the premise of the Help Me Rhonda sessions? Wasn't Murry already fired by then? How did he get in the studio?
4. Why did Mr Rovell not object about letting his sixteen year old daughter sleep with a 21 year old guy? Was it a $$$ issue?
5. is it really true that Carl got expelled from high school for sneaking into the girls locker room?
« Last Edit: September 28, 2012, 05:52:03 PM by dwtherealbb » Logged
halblaineisgood
« Reply #2904 on: September 28, 2012, 06:57:04 PM »

what can I do?HuhHuh
« Last Edit: September 28, 2012, 07:01:57 PM by halblaineisgood » Logged
halblaineisgood
« Reply #2905 on: September 28, 2012, 07:01:16 PM »

relax.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2012, 07:36:45 PM by halblaineisgood » Logged
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2906 on: September 29, 2012, 11:48:14 AM »

OK here are some more

1. Why wasn't Marks invited back in 65? He seemed like a pretty nice guy and with Murry out, I would think he would want back in. If not then, why not invite him after Bruce bailed in 71?
2. did Carl and Murry get along? He had to actually live with the guy until he was 18 (which would have been a few months after he was fired). It seemed that Murry wasn't as harsh on Carl.
3. What is the premise of the Help Me Rhonda sessions? Wasn't Murry already fired by then? How did he get in the studio?
4. Why did Mr Rovell not object about letting his sixteen year old daughter sleep with a 21 year old guy? Was it a $$$ issue?
5. is it really true that Carl got expelled from high school for sneaking into the girls locker room?

1. Read Jon's book

2. Well enough, I guess.

3. Murry was invited down by Brian. It's on the tape.

4. Mae said (I paraphrase) "I'd rather it happened under our roof than in the back of some car."

5. No. Legend says he was expelled for going to the bathroom without permission. Hopefully not at his desk.

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
sheknowsmetoowell
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2907 on: September 30, 2012, 06:37:42 AM »

What's up with "Don't Let Her Know She's An Angel"? I'm not talking about the Sweet Insanity version. I have two versions, both just vocal and piano. One sounds like Brian, and the other one is in a higher voice. Is this someone else or has the pitch been adjusted? When did this song originate?
Gertie J.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2908 on: September 30, 2012, 10:36:46 AM »

Bruce is historical, Brian is adult child, Dennis is the menace. And what about others? Carl, Mike, Al, Dave?

dj, blogger, and hanger-on
stack-o-tracks
Smiley Smile Associate

The baker man

View Profile
« Reply #2909 on: September 30, 2012, 11:00:31 AM »

Love is A Woman

David is the Marksman

No mas, por favor.
punkinhead
Smiley Smile Associate

what it means to be human

View Profile
« Reply #2910 on: September 30, 2012, 01:14:48 PM »

What's up with "Don't Let Her Know She's An Angel"? I'm not talking about the Sweet Insanity version. I have two versions, both just vocal and piano. One sounds like Brian, and the other one is in a higher voice. Is this someone else or has the pitch been adjusted? When did this song originate?
have I seen this post somewhere before?  Wink

To view my video documentation of my Beach Boys collection go to www.youtube.com/justinplank

"Someone needs to tell Adrian Baker that imitation isn't innovation." -The Real Beach Boy

~post of the century~
"Well, you reached out to me too, David, and I'd be more than happy to fill Bgas's shoes. You don't need him anyway - some of us have the same items in our collections as he does and we're also much better writers. Spoiled brat....."
-Mikie

"in this online beach boy community, I've found that you're either correct or corrected. Which in my mind is all in good fun to show ones knowledge of their favorite band."- punkinhead
Gertie J.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2911 on: September 30, 2012, 01:21:50 PM »

Love is A Woman

David is the Marksman

Grin

dj, blogger, and hanger-on
Shady
Smiley Smile Associate

I had to fix a lot of things this morning

View Profile
« Reply #2912 on: September 30, 2012, 01:33:39 PM »

Love is A Woman

David is the Marksman

*dead*

LOL LOL

According to someone who would know.

Seriously, there was a Beach Boys Love You condom?!  Amazing.
dwtherealbb
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2913 on: September 30, 2012, 03:08:27 PM »

compared to the wilson brothers and Al, was Mike from the "School of Hard Knocks" in comparison?

From what I know, Mike went to Dorsey high, which was/is in the inner city of LA. He also came from a family of six so I'd assume he grew up the poorest out of them all. He also (allegedly) got kicked out of the house from his mom when he was still young and threw his belongings out the window.
Cabinessenceking
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2914 on: September 30, 2012, 03:14:40 PM »

why don't people on this board like the stereo Smiley version of 'Good Vibrations'? I thought it was pretty dandy with the tannerin to the left and cello to the right. I mean, splitting up the backing track was the most important aspect as vocals were mostly mono. Why don't people dig that?
halblaineisgood
« Reply #2915 on: September 30, 2012, 05:54:08 PM »

compared to the wilson brothers and Al, was Mike from the "School of Hard Knocks" in comparison?

From what I know, Mike went to Dorsey high, which was/is in the inner city of LA. He also came from a family of six so I'd assume he grew up the poorest out of them all. He also (allegedly) got kicked out of the house from his mom when he was still young and threw his belongings out the window.

I thought that Milt & Glee were fairly well off, well into Mike's early adult years. Milt  lost his business at some point, and Mike
sang Doo-wop while showering with black dudes, but that doesn't really qualify as "hard knocks". Or do it? One never knows, do one....
« Last Edit: September 30, 2012, 05:56:19 PM by halblaineisgood » Logged
halblaineisgood
« Reply #2916 on: September 30, 2012, 05:56:26 PM »

Also, his sister played the harp.
EgoHanger1966
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2917 on: September 30, 2012, 05:57:52 PM »

why don't people on this board like the stereo Smiley version of 'Good Vibrations'? I thought it was pretty dandy with the tannerin to the left and cello to the right. I mean, splitting up the backing track was the most important aspect as vocals were mostly mono. Why don't people dig that?

I don't dislike it, but I think the thing was that there are a couple fan mixes that board members prefer. The backing track had already been mixed to stereo long before this release on the Good Vibrations Anniversary EP in 2006, so we've had a chance to hear the instruments seperated for a while.

Hal Blaine:"You're gonna get a tomata all over yer puss!"
Brian: "Don't say puss."
hypehat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2918 on: October 01, 2012, 01:43:37 AM »

Untilthe family fell upon hard times, the Love's were better off than the Wilson's if I do recall. Big old house. Murry was quite jealous of them.

All roads lead to Kokomo. Exhaustive research in time travel has conclusively proven that there is no alternate universe WITHOUT Kokomo. It would've happened regardless.
What is this "life" thing you speak of ?

Quote from: Al Jardine
Syncopate it? In front of all these people?!
Rocky Raccoon
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2919 on: October 01, 2012, 09:43:27 AM »

Is there any video of Brian accepting his Grammy in 2005?

dwtherealbb
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2920 on: October 02, 2012, 09:48:47 PM »

does the song "Friends" remind anyone of "This Guy Is In Love With You" by Herb Alpert? Both songs came out around the same time too.
EgoHanger1966
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2921 on: October 03, 2012, 10:06:25 AM »

Here's a video of the Beach Boys slot machine in action. Looks pretty fun to play! The moving footage (for instance - Dennis drumming) seems to be from the TAMI show, but in color.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GLnRqYbYddo

Hal Blaine:"You're gonna get a tomata all over yer puss!"
Brian: "Don't say puss."
Shady
Smiley Smile Associate

I had to fix a lot of things this morning

View Profile
« Reply #2922 on: October 03, 2012, 11:12:01 AM »

Here's a video of the Beach Boys slot machine in action. Looks pretty fun to play! The moving footage (for instance - Dennis drumming) seems to be from the TAMI show, but in color.

Pretty cool.

No Bruce or David though, just the classic line up

« Last Edit: October 03, 2012, 11:15:30 AM by Slim Shady » Logged

According to someone who would know.

Seriously, there was a Beach Boys Love You condom?!  Amazing.
bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #2923 on: October 03, 2012, 02:42:08 PM »

Pretty cool.

No Bruce or David though, just the classic line up

Hopefully , they'll be included in the revised version, after Mike sues

Nothing I post is my opinion, it's all a message from God
halblaineisgood
« Reply #2924 on: October 03, 2012, 06:59:00 PM »

Michael Edward Love, will you please force Bruce Johnston to play bass during encores?
Respectfully Yours,

Halpert Bleighnuss-Goode III
« Last Edit: October 03, 2012, 09:03:04 PM by halblaineisgood » Logged
gfx
Pages: 1 ... 112 113 114 115 116 [117] 118 119 120 121 122 ... 286 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx