gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
681063 Posts in 27629 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims May 19, 2024, 03:48:53 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 ... 88 89 90 91 92 [93] 94 95 96 97 98 ... 286 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Thread for various insignificant questions that don't deserve their own thread!  (Read 1416582 times)
MBE
« Reply #2300 on: April 30, 2012, 06:12:46 AM »

Re Sandy. From the Summer Days... sessions.

Was the song never completed, as the sessions i have suggest? How come Brian abandoned it? Seems like it would've made for a lovely track.
I think it was never completed, until the seventies. No idea why it was abandoned. Agreed it would have been an awesome addition to SDSN.

He also revisited In the Back of my Mind...now that would be nice to hear.

I've never understood the Sandy/Sherri she needs me story...It'd never addressed in books or anything else...Same thing with Terri She needs me...only heard rumors.
My book will have the story though there's not that much to tell other than Brian didn't finish it in 1965 and re-recorded it in a slighty altered forum in 1976 abd 1997 or 1998.
Ovi
Smiley Smile Associate

They know I'm rock 'n' roll through and through.

View Profile
« Reply #2301 on: April 30, 2012, 07:02:45 AM »

Does anybody know the exact date on which Landy was called in action for the second time?
Paulos
« Reply #2302 on: April 30, 2012, 10:52:50 AM »

Can anyone point me to the YouTube clip of Gary Griffin playing the keyboard with the stand collapsed at a Brian solo show.

Have searched the board/you tube and can't find it.

Here you go son, I was at that gig so knew what to look for on youtube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=idYZgsoCezE
Sie W
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2303 on: April 30, 2012, 11:15:58 AM »

Can anyone point me to the YouTube clip of Gary Griffin playing the keyboard with the stand collapsed at a Brian solo show.

Many thanks, been after that for awhile
D409
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2304 on: April 30, 2012, 11:37:00 AM »

Many thanks, been after that for awhile
Thanks for posting, I was at this gig too, standing directly in front of Gary Griffin when this happened, can only add that he recovered well, but received a couple of glares from Brian ! Met Foskett before the gig as well, and he was a gent...
« Last Edit: April 30, 2012, 11:40:01 AM by D409 » Logged
Bedroom Tapes
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2305 on: April 30, 2012, 02:03:12 PM »

There's an interview of the Beach Boys from the early 80's and in the interview Brian says "I like food" and it gets a big laugh.  Does anybody know where I can find/watch this interview?
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2306 on: April 30, 2012, 02:50:46 PM »

There's an interview of the Beach Boys from the early 80's and in the interview Brian says "I like food" and it gets a big laugh.  Does anybody know where I can find/watch this interview?

That was the short-lived 1980 TV show "Goin' Platinum" - not sure if the whole thing's up on YouTube.

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
Jay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2307 on: April 30, 2012, 09:40:58 PM »

Has anybody seen or have a copy of the Entertainment Tonight special from 1982 that talks about Brian's "nurse/girlfriend" being arrested for drug possession?

A son of anarchy surrounded by the hierarchy.
MarcellaHasDirtyFeet
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2308 on: May 01, 2012, 12:00:42 PM »

I have a question about "'Til I Die-- alternate mix" from the Endless Harmony Soundtrack.

At about 3:47, suddenly my left speaker sounds like it's just kicking in, right when Mike's vocal starts. Is that a "problem," or is it an intentional part of the remix (essentially, an unfortunate side effect of cutting apart the original recordings to obtain the new mix?)

Also, do I understand properly that Mr. Desper did this remix at the time Endless Harmony was released as sort of his fantasy mix?

I've seen this covered in bits and pieces before, but the search function just wasn't working for me. Sorry if it's been covered many times before.
Slow In Brain
Smiley Smile Associate

Rainbow Eyes

View Profile
« Reply #2309 on: May 02, 2012, 05:21:26 AM »

Are there any photos Brian from that time he shaved his hair off in shame around 1977? There are photos when his hair was really short, must have been not long afterwards.

"When the time comes an American can't tell the truth because the Government doesn't, that's the time to give the country back to the Indians, if they'll have it." - Sam Holland

"What draws us all closer and makes us all care. Is not what we have, but the things that we share." - Jill Wolf
I. Spaceman
Smiley Smile Associate

Revolution Never Again

View Profile
« Reply #2310 on: May 02, 2012, 08:38:14 AM »

Also, do I understand properly that Mr. Desper did this remix at the time Endless Harmony was released as sort of his fantasy mix?

He created the mix in 1970.

Nobody gives a sh*t about the Record Room
hapman
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2311 on: May 02, 2012, 08:45:29 PM »

Hi all,
just a question that has been bugging my for years: there's a rather disturbing audio recording of Brian singing Barbara Ann and he's obviously under the influence of some substances (coke I guess). Plus he calls Van Dyke Parks "the biggest b*tthole in the universe". Someone told me on an old yahoo BBs group years ago that it was recorded on a Ringo Starr birthday party. But could any of you guys tell me the exact year? My guess is sometimes in the mid-to late 70s. Oh, and what's was his problem with VDP?
Here's the recording for those who haven't heard it yet:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fgAMHVL9hBQ
Al Jardine: Pick Up Artist
Smiley Smile Associate

I am an asexual walrus

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2312 on: May 02, 2012, 08:54:48 PM »

I don't have an answer, but holy crap that is a weird recording.

Which song: Inappropriate relationship with sister-in-law

Which song: Gonna straight up bang you with "the wood".

Which song: Weather conditions make me horny

Which song: Lack of proper shoes leads to potential blood poisoning and death.

Which song: Who needs church? Let's do it on the couch.

Dennis: "Holy sh*t, Al, you're finally showing signs of developing facial hair!!!"
Heysaboda
Smiley Smile Associate

Son, don't wait till the break of day....

View Profile
« Reply #2313 on: May 02, 2012, 09:03:14 PM »

In regards to the album:

The Beach Boys (1985)

The wiki page says "Male Ego" is on this album, but my copy of the two-fer (with KTSA) does NOT have "Male Ego" on it.  What happened to it, and is it on a comp?

Thanks!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Beach_Boys_%28album%29

Son, don't wait till the break of day 'cause you know how time fades away......
Jay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2314 on: May 02, 2012, 09:16:03 PM »

In regards to the album:

The Beach Boys (1985)

The wiki page says "Male Ego" is on this album, but my copy of the two-fer (with KTSA) does NOT have "Male Ego" on it.  What happened to it, and is it on a comp?

Thanks!

Some versions seem to have it, and others don't. My copy does have it, but it's not listed on the back cover. It's a "hidden" track. I've seen a picture of somebody's twofer(posted on here) where the song is on the disc, and it's also listed. I don't think we ever figured out why.

A son of anarchy surrounded by the hierarchy.
Wirestone
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2315 on: May 02, 2012, 09:23:25 PM »

Hi all,
just a question that has been bugging my for years: there's a rather disturbing audio recording of Brian singing Barbara Ann and he's obviously under the influence of some substances (coke I guess). Plus he calls Van Dyke Parks "the biggest b*tthole in the universe". Someone told me on an old yahoo BBs group years ago that it was recorded on a Ringo Starr birthday party. But could any of you guys tell me the exact year? My guess is sometimes in the mid-to late 70s. Oh, and what's was his problem with VDP?

It is from the early- to mid-90s. Brian is not on any drugs. He is simply tipsy.

In regards to the album:

The Beach Boys (1985)

Thanks!

Some versions seem to have it, and others don't. My copy does have it, but it's not listed on the back cover. It's a "hidden" track. I've seen a picture of somebody's twofer(posted on here) where the song is on the disc, and it's also listed. I don't think we ever figured out why.

I believe Male Ego is actually on all copies, it is just a hidden track on some. The reason is because it wasn't officially on the LP release of the album in 1985 -- it was a CD-only "bonus track." The series was reissuing the original LPs. Therefore, they just tucked it in there as an unlisted goodie.
Heysaboda
Smiley Smile Associate

Son, don't wait till the break of day....

View Profile
« Reply #2316 on: May 02, 2012, 09:56:31 PM »

Thanks!

I'll look for it!

Son, don't wait till the break of day 'cause you know how time fades away......
Disney Boy (1985)
« Reply #2317 on: May 03, 2012, 01:16:32 AM »

The only decent Brian song on the entire album and they relegate it to an obscure hidden track. Man, they made some unusual decisions over the years...
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2318 on: May 03, 2012, 02:06:01 AM »

In regards to the album:

The Beach Boys (1985)

The wiki page says "Male Ego" is on this album, but my copy of the two-fer (with KTSA) does NOT have "Male Ego" on it. 

You've obviously not actually listened to the CD... or read the liners.

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
MBE
« Reply #2319 on: May 03, 2012, 02:24:26 AM »

Hi all,
Actually it's 1996 or 1992
Bedroom Tapes
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2320 on: May 03, 2012, 01:58:30 PM »

^  I know I'm probably in the minority but I love hearing Brian at his worst.
seltaeb1012002
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2321 on: May 03, 2012, 02:08:14 PM »

^ They need to release that as a single b/w Teardrops In My Bed.
sheknowsmetoowell
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2322 on: May 03, 2012, 05:38:11 PM »

When was "Brian's Back" recorded? I read on some website that it was a Love You outtake, but it doesn't seem like it fits into the same production value as the rest of that album.
I. Spaceman
Smiley Smile Associate

Revolution Never Again

View Profile
« Reply #2323 on: May 03, 2012, 08:51:12 PM »

Nobody gives a sh*t about the Record Room
stack-o-tracks
Smiley Smile Associate

The baker man

View Profile
« Reply #2324 on: May 03, 2012, 09:50:07 PM »

^  I know I'm probably in the minority but I love hearing Brian at his worst.

I wouldn't say he's at his worst right there. Definitely at his "loosest"

I do love it though.

No mas, por favor.
gfx
Pages: 1 ... 88 89 90 91 92 [93] 94 95 96 97 98 ... 286 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx