gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
681017 Posts in 27627 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims May 16, 2024, 01:51:47 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 ... 58 59 60 61 62 [63] 64 65 66 67 68 ... 75 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Mike and Bruce Tour 2015  (Read 395600 times)
Jim Rockford
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1550 on: July 24, 2015, 05:49:02 PM »

They canceled the concert for tomorrow around my area. I was looking forward to it too. :/
Emdeeh
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1551 on: July 25, 2015, 09:09:44 AM »

They played "Let Him Run Wild" in Atlanta. It was a splendid surprise.
MyDrKnowsItKeepsMeCalm
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1552 on: July 26, 2015, 03:59:16 AM »

They canceled the concert for tomorrow around my area. I was looking forward to it too. :/
Bummer. Why was it cancelled?

Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1553 on: July 26, 2015, 06:14:51 AM »

Where, and when was the gig cancelled ?

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
Jim Rockford
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1554 on: July 26, 2015, 08:15:18 AM »

Somerset, Kentucky. It was a free show at a car show. Somernites Cruise was the name of the show. They announced it back in May and I guess the deal fell through.
guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

"Barba non facit aliam historici"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1555 on: July 26, 2015, 08:36:24 AM »

Attention Cruisers:
Somernites Cruise regrets to announce that due to circumstances beyond control, the concert previously scheduled for July 25th has been cancelled. We understand your disappointment. However, Somernites Cruise remains committed to offering premium entertainment to you our loyal cruise participants, at future shows.
Cruise on!

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=977345835630038&id=203471236350839

"All of us have the privilege of making music that helps and heals - to make music that makes people happier, stronger, and kinder. Don't forget: Music is God's voice." - Brian Wilson
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1556 on: July 26, 2015, 08:46:56 AM »

Somerset, Kentucky. It was a free show at a car show. Somernites Cruise was the name of the show. They announced it back in May and I guess the deal fell through.

Thanks for that, and sorry you didn't get to see them.

The LEGENDARY OSD
Smiley Smile Associate

luHv Estrangement Syndrome. It's a great thing!

View Profile
« Reply #1557 on: July 26, 2015, 09:31:19 AM »

I'd say you were the recipient of devine intervention sparing you from a M&B show even if it was free which is as it should be anyway. Now you can concentrate on seeing the real deal-Brian Wilson's incredible band with three real actual Beach Boys, not one and a half Beach Boys.   Hello Hello

myKe luHv, the most hated, embarrassing clown the world of music has ever witnessed.
elnombre
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1558 on: July 26, 2015, 09:59:42 AM »

You forgot to call him Myke LUHV. Pity, I enjoy that. Very witty.
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1559 on: July 26, 2015, 10:03:22 AM »

I'd say you were the recipient of devine intervention sparing you from a M&B show even if it was free which is as it should be anyway. Now you can concentrate on seeing the real deal-Brian Wilson's incredible band with three real actual Beach Boys, not one and a half Beach Boys.   Hello Hello

Spelling (and grammar) not your strong suit, is it ?  That and the ability to make interesting posts...  Grin

elnombre
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1560 on: July 26, 2015, 10:06:39 AM »

I wonder what divine intervention caused Brian to cancel the UK tour my sister was taking me to for my 30th birthday, yet the M&B&D show I saw a couple of months ago went ahead and was great...God truly does work in mysterious ways!   Roll Eyes
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1561 on: July 26, 2015, 10:21:37 AM »

talk about divine intervention with a BW show in Easton, PA in October. Cool Guy

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1562 on: July 26, 2015, 10:27:57 AM »

Talk about a shitty venue of a car show. Roll Eyes

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
The LEGENDARY OSD
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1563 on: July 26, 2015, 10:40:16 AM »

Spelling (and grammar) not your strong suit, is it ?  That and the ability to make interesting posts...  Grin

Well, if you're dumb enough to read my posts, there's no helping you. Must be comparable to listening to music you hate, huh?  Razz

myKe luHv, the most hated, embarrassing clown the world of music has ever witnessed.
Emdeeh
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1564 on: July 26, 2015, 10:46:11 AM »

I saw both groups' shows in the space of one month -- that's five Beach Boys. Now, if only David Marks would show up somewhere nearby....
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1565 on: July 26, 2015, 10:50:35 AM »

Well, if you're dumb enough to read my posts, there's no helping you. Must be comparable to listening to music you hate, huh?  Razz

It amuses me immensely to watch you digging that hole ever deeper. Funny little man.  Grin

SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1566 on: July 26, 2015, 10:58:00 AM »

Well Mike's PR manager sure has his panties in a bunch today. Evil

Gohi
« Reply #1567 on: July 26, 2015, 11:27:05 AM »

I'm not exactly a Mike Love superfan (if we had to split into two sides then I would be on the "Brianista" side) but OSD and Smile Brian are clearly way more annoying than AGD and their tagteam posting is tiresome and needs to be stopped.  police
SurfRiderHawaii
Smiley Smile Associate

Add Some Music to your day!

View Profile
« Reply #1568 on: July 26, 2015, 11:47:02 AM »

I'd say you were the recipient of devine intervention sparing you from a M&B show even if it was free which is as it should be anyway. Now you can concentrate on seeing the real deal-Brian Wilson's incredible band with three real actual Beach Boys, not one and a half Beach Boys.   Hello Hello

Spelling (and grammar) not your strong suit, is it ?  That and the ability to make interesting posts...  Grin
He who cast the first stone......
« Last Edit: July 26, 2015, 02:04:47 PM by OregonRiverRider » Logged

"Brian is The Beach Boys. He is the band. We're his f***ing messengers. He is all of it. Period. We're nothing. He's everything" - Dennis Wilson
mikeddonn
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1569 on: July 26, 2015, 01:54:13 PM »

I'm not exactly a Mike Love superfan (if we had to split into two sides then I would be on the "Brianista" side) but OSD and Smile Brian are clearly way more annoying than AGD and their tagteam posting is tiresome and needs to be stopped.  police

I feel the same.  I discussed this kind of thing on another post.  I don't want to get personal but SMiLE Brian you have over 5000 posts.  Surely, they can't all be about how crap Mike Love is?  It all seems rather childish.

For the record, I also prefer Brian and think he's better off doing is own thing, but I would still (and have) gone to see Mike and Bruce.  Why the hatred for people I'm assuming you have never met?
Cyncie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1570 on: July 26, 2015, 02:34:41 PM »

Talk about a shitty venue of a car show. Roll Eyes

It's actually no worse than other festival type venues Mike and Bruce play. Somernites Cruise is a huge, monthly car show event in the summer that draws over 1000 show cars, trucks and motorcycles from all over the country.  That doesn't include the vendors and the people who come from all over to see the cars. They've had national coverage and July 25th was supposed to be a big anniversary celebration. The city of Somerset was going to sponsor the concert, so admission would have been free. Given that, the 'Boys would have been playing to several thousand people. Not sure what fell through, but there you go.
Marty Castillo
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1571 on: July 26, 2015, 05:11:34 PM »

Now you can concentrate on seeing the real deal-Brian Wilson's incredible band with three real actual Beach Boys, not one and a half Beach Boys.   Hello Hello

I would love to hear your reasoning for Blondie being considered a full member (I assume) and Bruce only count as half.

Also, as much as I enjoyed Blondie when I saw him live earlier this month with BW, his 30 minutes total on stage grossly underutilized him.
The LEGENDARY OSD
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1572 on: July 26, 2015, 05:39:23 PM »

Now you can concentrate on seeing the real deal-Brian Wilson's incredible band with three real actual Beach Boys, not one and a half Beach Boys.   Hello Hello

I would love to hear your reasoning for Blondie being considered a full member (I assume) and Bruce only count as half.

Also, as much as I enjoyed Blondie when I saw him live earlier this month with BW, his 30 minutes total on stage grossly underutilized him.
Fair question. Bruce was called in to be Brian's stand in or replacement for shows. Blondie and Ricky were made permanent members until, of course, they left. They were not "yes" men like Bruce which is one of the reasons he's still around. Plus it's easy money playing the same songs, clapping, and myKe adjusting night after night.

CenturyDeprived
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1573 on: July 26, 2015, 05:54:32 PM »

Fair question. Bruce was called in to be Brian's stand in or replacement for shows. Blondie and Ricky were made permanent members until, of course, they left. They were not "yes" men like Bruce which is one of the reasons he's still around. Plus it's easy money playing the same songs, clapping, and myKe adjusting night after night.

If Anna Lee had ventured into chiropractic work, would she herself have been considered a Myke-adjuster?
Marty Castillo
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1574 on: July 26, 2015, 07:03:08 PM »

So, Bruce was never a full member?
gfx
Pages: 1 ... 58 59 60 61 62 [63] 64 65 66 67 68 ... 75 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx