gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
681047 Posts in 27629 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims May 17, 2024, 08:30:54 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Bo Diddley R.I.P  (Read 4407 times)
Mooger Fooger
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: June 02, 2008, 11:20:01 AM »

Just heard the news.

What a legendary pioneer.
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

"Too dumb for New York City, too ugly for L.A."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2008, 11:29:10 AM »

No way !?!?! I didn't expect this. So sad, one of the greatest.

To keep it on topic, Carl played backup in an all-star-band along Ronnie Wood and others for Bo Diddley.

a diseased bunch of mo'fos if there ever was one… their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons.

- Lester Bangs on The Beach Boys

PRO SHOT BEACH BOYS CONCERTS - LIST

To sum it up, they blew it, they blew it consistently, they continue to blow it, it is tragic and this pathological problem caused The Beach Boys' greatest music to be so underrated by the general public.

- Jack Rieley
8o8o
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2008, 02:15:11 PM »

So sad to hear this, he surely was a true original, in every sense of the word.

His heart has stopped, but his beat will last forever. R.I.P.
MBE
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2008, 06:20:44 PM »

Man I have most of his original Checker LP's he was so good in the fifties and sixties.
Ron
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2008, 04:29:52 AM »

They played a clip of him on the radio yesterday, and he said that his approach was he was always trying to find a new rhythm, a new beat that would fit in a song and that's what he was most proud of.  He did have some clever grooves.   

HEYYYY BO DIDDLEY!!
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2008, 05:01:15 AM »

Man I have most of his original Checker LP's he was so good in the fifties and sixties.

Did you hear his funk-stuff from the early 70s? Awesome music !

a diseased bunch of mo'fos if there ever was one… their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons.

To sum it up, they blew it, they blew it consistently, they continue to blow it, it is tragic and this pathological problem caused The Beach Boys' greatest music to be so underrated by the general public.

- Jack Rieley
MBE
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2008, 10:02:30 PM »

It's not bad, I have a couple of those LP's. I am more into his 55-65 stuff though. He did do a great remake for the La Bamba soundtrack of Who Do You Love in 1987.
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2023, 09:29:51 AM »

Bo Diddley - Legend of - Intro & Full movie ( feat. Marshall Chess interview)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VIx7jzsWCq0

The Legend of Bo Diddley produced by Marshall Chess in 1966 with film makers Gary Sherman & Peter Weiner of IIT & University of Chicago.
This is the most unique recorded documented movie of Bo Diddley recording at the famous 2120 Sth Michigan Ave., Chicago Chess studios.
Also featuring Ron Malo legendary Chess engineer, Gene Barge and key Chess artist staff.
Listen to the intro by Marshall Chess how the movie was made.
See footage of Bo Diddley, the Gems, Minnie Riperton and his earliest memories of Chicago and Chess Records founders Len & Phil Chess.
Introduction produced by Marshall Chess & Richard Ganter.
Film conversion & Edit  by Induna Entec Productions.
Courtesy of Marshall Chess.

- Jack Rieley
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx