gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680908 Posts in 27619 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims May 07, 2024, 10:47:51 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Hate my posts: Now hate my music!!! j/k  (Read 2829 times)
Pinder's Gone To Kokomo And Back Again
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: July 30, 2009, 06:49:09 PM »

none of this stuff is really Beach Boys inspired but I guess the only reason I ever took up music is Because of The BBs, so.......

http://www.myspace.com/httpwwwmyspaceerik
the captain
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2009, 07:03:53 PM »

I look forward to hating your music!

Demon-Fighting Genius; Patronizing Twaddler; Argumentative, Sanctimonious Prick; Sensationalist Dullard; and Douche who (occasionally to rarely) puts songs here.

No interest in your assorted grudges and nonsense.
the captain
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2009, 07:18:17 PM »

Aw f***, I ended up liking it. Nice choice on "I'm Set Free,"  by the way--a great song. Are you guitar-Erik, or drums-Erik? (Or by some fancy magic, both?) The sound is spectacularly edgy. The things like mics popping here and there or background sounds are the things I'd have considered changing (I know you talked about recording roughly and quickly), but the engineering itself worked great. I even liked the double-tracked guitar on "Let a Little Light In," with the two tracks not quite in tune.

Demon-Fighting Genius; Patronizing Twaddler; Argumentative, Sanctimonious Prick; Sensationalist Dullard; and Douche who (occasionally to rarely) puts songs here.

Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2009, 07:55:47 PM »

Ah, Luther, you're killing me, but I love it! Being a drummer (yes, I'm both Erik guitar/Erik drums) .... it's hard to find any encouragment other than to show up and play drums and stay there!!!! so it's lovely to read such kind words.

I do plan on going back and fixing some of those small (but I feel important) things like mics popping and such. I'm a real newbie at recording my own stuff, but I'm finding my feet!

Most of those songs, I wrote and recorded in the same sitting and haven't attempted to play since, but it's about time to go back and twiddle a bit.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2009, 07:57:40 PM »

The background noises I do intend to fix, but I recorded a version of "I'll Be Your Mirror" where I SWEAR you can hear an organ playing a long at a couple of points!!! (or something that sounds like one) I swear it!

Let me see if i can find it and, if so, I'll put it up!
the captain
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2009, 08:42:49 PM »

If it makes you feel better, I dislike the name Wolvez. But really, the music hit the spot. I listened to all the songs in their entirety, which I admit is a rarity in this section for me. If you're going to release anything, PM me.

matt-zeus
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2009, 11:52:34 AM »

I enjoyed it, and liked your voice

Disco, disco, discotheque mama...

My music: http://www.thebrigadier.co.uk
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx