-->
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 05, 2024, 09:39:08 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
News: Carnival Of Sound
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  The Smiley Smile Message Board
|-+  Non Smiley Smile Stuff
| |-+  The Sandbox
| | |-+  Oops
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Oops  (Read 88798 times)
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #125 on: June 08, 2016, 04:11:36 PM »

.  I don't see that post anymore, another victim of the delete button so popular in this section. LOL  That might have been the one with your invitation to come to the Oops thread to discuss things calmly.  If so, I see why you would remove that.  Or did a mod do that for you? That kind of order doesn't seem to be possible right now.

We can't delete posts.

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
feelsflow
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #126 on: June 08, 2016, 04:43:42 PM »

Who you callin' a Jarhead? Smiley

I don't know who you are (that's what name-changing can do) but maybe you were here when the "in" thing was to use the word Jarhead in one's alias. (Not everyone did it, of course.)

And now the same thing's happening with the word Douche. So you see, there's nothing personal in my remark.Cool Guy     
John,  Ya gotta spend more time in the Sandbox!  Bullets came up with the idea, others followed.  Deadpool was even funnier, with his hitlist.  Hitlists are also popular recently.  Everybody is getting one.

Sure Rei is amused by your mention.  I saw someone confusing Rei the other day, saying there are other Rei posters.  So, where does that leave the Curb Your Enthusiasm guy?  They just want to make your life a mess.

Hi, Will. Good to see a familiar face these days. :=)

My social life is already a mess, so if it's me they're after they're wasting their time, hahaha.

As for the Sandbox, I probably spend too much time there already. Either posting in the "Cats" topic or casting a baleful eye at the "Moderation" thread. And... there's a new BB palindrome brewing. So it's "all systems go" over there right now. The Sandbox rocks! Grin     

Hey John,  I'm coming here everyday.  Posting, not so much.  My last two addressed to you actually.  I'm just hanging on the fringes of Smiley waiting for things to cool down.  That doesn't look to be any time soon.  Nearly three years since I joined, all that seems to be left is anger and hostility.  How can you talk about music (the reason I came here in the first place) with all the fist swinging going on?  We used to play fun games like Survivor, boy, those days are over.  There is too much duck-n-cover.  Too many hit lists.  I don't do well in that kind of environment.  Research?  Another of my favorite pastimes, hard to do with most of historians out the door, some eliminating the past as they leave.  Have you checked Steve Mayo's post history lately?  It's gone.  All those wonderful magazine articles and pictures going back to the 60's, poof.  Who else has or will do the same thing?  They read the same stuff I do.  The scariest thing I've read here since Andrew's ban is from the Chairman of the Board himself.  That he could and would brush everything away, close down Smiley with the wave of a hand.  That would include all my hard work sharing my research.

As for the Sandbox, after over a month of reading the arguments, I probably should not go there.  I did this morning to read Josh's goodbye note.  Others don't even leave notes, they just leave.  Most of my friends have moved on.  And I don't mean to PSF.  Many too many have stopped posting anywhere.  Like Ray said all those years ago, "Where Have All the Good Times Gone?"

I saw your post here the other day about me rushing through Welcomes at PSF.  Everybody is welcome there.  It's fresh starts all around.  I don't see that post anymore, another victim of the delete button so popular in this section. LOL  That might have been the one with your invitation to come to the Oops thread to discuss things calmly.  If so, I see why you would remove that.  Or did a mod do that for you? That kind of order doesn't seem to be possible right now.

I must sound down, but I am not out.  As I said before, I will still post here - in the General Music and Music Makers sections.  See you here in the Oops and there. -Will

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O6uBHxCwdek

Thank you, Chris.  I'm touched.  We'll make it through these rough waters. -Will

...if you are honest - you have no idea where childhood ends and maturity begins.  It is all endless and all one.  ~ P.L. Travers        And, let's get this out of the way now, everything I post is my opinion.  ~ Will
feelsflow
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #127 on: June 08, 2016, 04:46:58 PM »

.  I don't see that post anymore, another victim of the delete button so popular in this section. LOL  That might have been the one with your invitation to come to the Oops thread to discuss things calmly.  If so, I see why you would remove that.  Or did a mod do that for you? That kind of order doesn't seem to be possible right now.

We can't delete posts.

I don't know how much power you have.  I do know for a fact that mods have asked that posts Be removed.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2016, 04:47:48 PM by feelsflow » Logged

...if you are honest - you have no idea where childhood ends and maturity begins.  It is all endless and all one.  ~ P.L. Travers        And, let's get this out of the way now, everything I post is my opinion.  ~ Will
feelsflow
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #128 on: June 08, 2016, 07:25:03 PM »

2 feelsflow: I just checked Steve Mayo's posts - they aren't deleted. Not sure why you say they're gone. Do you mix him up with smb. else?

And please, john and everybody, let's not discuss the pet sounds forum. They set (ridiculous) rule never discuss the Smiley board, let's do the same.
john called feelsflow inviting newbies "heart-warming", I didn't find it very nice when he referred to us in general "SS haters". Just telling you, john, what I read he wrote.

As for post removal - why would a mod ask to do that? Anybody feels free to delete their posts here, in the Welcome. john obv. removed it himself. Let's not create stuff, Will.

♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #129 on: June 08, 2016, 07:37:05 PM »

Ok I stand corrected...it let me delete the last post. Yet most of the if I try to do it, it gives me an error message.

No offense for the post deletion...I was just testing it out.

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
feelsflow
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #130 on: June 08, 2016, 08:11:05 PM »

2 feelsflow: I just checked Steve Mayo's posts - they aren't deleted. Not sure why you say they're gone. Do you mix him up with smb. else?

And please, john and everybody, let's not discuss the pet sounds forum. They set (ridiculous) rule never discuss the Smiley board, let's do the same.
john called feelsflow inviting newbies "heart-warming", I didn't find it very nice when he referred to us in general "SS haters". Just telling you, john, what I read he wrote.

As for post removal - why would a mod ask to do that? Anybody feels free to delete their posts here, in the Welcome. john obv. removed it himself. Let's not create stuff, Will.

Billy, I quoted that post so that I could look back it.  The posts disappear in this section at an alarming rate.  I've known Mari since the day I joined Smiley, before really, as she was one my favorites in the years I just guested here.  Her name is in my very first post.  I don't think she would mind if I capture one of her replies, especially since it is directed directly at me.  I take no offense.  It took away a little bit of history, tho.   

♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #131 on: June 08, 2016, 08:12:07 PM »

I'm actually trying to restore it, and had been since I deleted ir

♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #132 on: June 08, 2016, 08:15:47 PM »

Quote from: RangeRoverA1 on Today at 05:30:56 PM

You had quoted that and responded with a period.  I'm actually trying to restore the actual post but am having issues
« Last Edit: June 08, 2016, 08:16:49 PM by ♩♬ Billy C ♯♫♩ » Logged

♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #133 on: June 08, 2016, 08:17:55 PM »

♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #134 on: June 08, 2016, 08:24:21 PM »

Yay!!! I did it!!!

I found a 'hidden' board that was part of the board's coding but wasn't active. I was curious to see what it was so I enabled it. When I did I saw what I thought were duplicate posts. Nope...turns out when a post gets deleted, it moves there. So I merged it with this topic, and not only did it restore the post, it moved it to its original spot.

That's pretty cool.

Jay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #135 on: June 08, 2016, 08:36:03 PM »

Should we be worried that you're only discovering this now, ten years later?  Grin

A son of anarchy surrounded by the hierarchy.
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #136 on: June 08, 2016, 08:37:52 PM »

LOL

What's the real thing is I also found the old Male Ego subforum that we had for a brief period of time. Man, all of this stuff is archived!

And what is darkly hilarious is I found this quite by accident, in a thread named 'oops'

Jay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #137 on: June 08, 2016, 08:41:56 PM »

You're your own " Way Back Machine".  Grin

A son of anarchy surrounded by the hierarchy.
Emily
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #138 on: June 08, 2016, 08:58:42 PM »

Yay!!! I did it!!!

I found a 'hidden' board that was part of the board's coding but wasn't active. I was curious to see what it was so I enabled it. When I did I saw what I thought were duplicate posts. Nope...turns out when a post gets deleted, it moves there. So I merged it with this topic, and not only did it restore the post, it moved it to its original spot.

That's pretty cool.
Hey Billy, people have been saying that people leaving have been deleting their old material.
Two questions: is the board backed up regularly so the data that's been recently deleted can be recovered?
And, is there a way that you can set posts to be uneditable after a certain window of time so people can't go back to historical posts and delete their text/images?
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #139 on: June 08, 2016, 09:03:11 PM »

Yay!!! I did it!!!

That's pretty cool.
Hey Billy, people have been saying that people leaving have been deleting their old material.
Two questions: is the board backed up regularly so the data that's been recently deleted can be recovered?
And, is there a way that you can set posts to be uneditable after a certain window of time so people can't go back to historical posts and delete their text/images?

Looks like EVERY post that has ever been deleted is there, dating back to 2006. 

No way to set posts to uneditable, sadly.

Emily
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #140 on: June 08, 2016, 09:08:05 PM »

Yay!!! I did it!!!

That's pretty cool.

That's too bad. One person said people were deleting "threads". I don't know if that's possible. From what's said above it sounds like people are editing out images from old posts, like images or articles or other collectibles. Which, because they are editing, not deleting, I would guess would not end up on the deleted items board.
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #141 on: June 08, 2016, 09:10:10 PM »

Yay!!! I did it!!!

That's pretty cool.

That's too bad. One person said people were deleting "threads". I don't know if that's possible. From what's said above it sounds like people are editing out images from old posts, like images or articles or other collectibles. Which, because they are editing, not deleting, I would guess would not end up on the deleted items board.

Correct.

feelsflow
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #142 on: June 08, 2016, 09:41:25 PM »

Yay!!! I did it!!!

That's pretty cool.

Gone is gone.  History stored here that is gone.  Let's hope that nobody else decides to.  It could get hard on us researchers.  What Smiley was built on.  That foundation could easily crumble.  Think about it.  The thread where all the historians are sitting around discussing who sang what, where, and when on all the Beach Boys songs.  Just one example, I don't need a second.  If some of the participants are not banned, but still have open accounts...  All they have to do is log-on and go to work.

"I will now proceed to entangle the entire area."

feelsflow
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #143 on: June 08, 2016, 09:51:32 PM »

And then there are the Guests Ghosts.  They have no history, unless you stumble upon one of their posts within a thread.  I call that almost gone.  You could try search, but how would you know what you are searching for.  Common names can be tricky to getting good results.  Next time you see one that says Guest, try to click on their post history.

Emily
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #144 on: June 08, 2016, 10:32:28 PM »

And then there are the Guests Ghosts.  They have no history, unless you stumble upon one of their posts within a thread.  I call that almost gone.  You could try search, but how would you know what you are searching for.  Common names can be tricky to getting good results.  Next time you see one that says Guest, try to click on their post history.
Yeah, I've noticed that. Once an account is deactivated, you can't see that account's post history. It's frustrating.
Smilin Ed H
« Reply #145 on: June 08, 2016, 11:39:02 PM »

Deleted.  Grin
Emily
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #146 on: June 08, 2016, 11:44:35 PM »

Billy, I quoted that post so that I could look back it.  The posts disappear in this section at an alarming rate.  I've known Mari since the day I joined Smiley, before really, as she was one my favorites in the years I just guested here.  Her name is in my very first post.  I don't think she would mind if I capture one of her replies, especially since it is directed directly at me.  I take no offense.  It took away a little bit of history, tho.   
I don't mind but strange thing you didn't address my points...which is what the quoting is for, no? You said Steve Mayo's post history is gone - tell me where do you see that? I checked it twice to make sure & it's there, it is clickable, went back to the very 1st posts & they are there. I don't see either where "people have been saying", according to Emily, that posters deleted their old material. In this thread, only feelsflow said that, incorrectly. & he mostly refers to this thread's post deletion.

NB: everybody can delete any post in the Welcome & Album, Book Reviews subforums. Regarding the thread deletion - it is possible in some cases for original poster to delete the entire thread. Locking thread is available for every case, unless the moderator decides to re-open it.

Therefore, going back to post removal in this topic, john deleted them himself, I did as well. Nobody can delete the posts of other people. It's as easy as this, no suspicious actions. Btw, Will, didn't you delete some of your posts in the "Hey everybody" thread? Why you're surprised?
In the moderation thread, someone referred to people 'deleting threads.' I don't know if anyone has; I hope not. Billy, would a deleted thread be on your deleted stuff board?
Referring to post deletions, I assume the reference above was to Steve Mayo deleting his excellent scans from this thread:
http://smileysmile.net/board/index.php/topic,10376.0.html
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #147 on: June 09, 2016, 12:19:06 AM »

I don't mind but strange thing you didn't address my points...which is what the quoting is for, no? You said Steve Mayo's post history is gone - tell me where do you see that? I checked it twice to make sure & it's there, it is clickable, went back to the very 1st posts & they are there. I don't see either where "people have been saying", according to Emily, that posters deleted their old material. In this thread, only feelsflow said that, incorrectly. & he mostly refers to this thread's post deletion.

NB: everybody can delete any post in the Welcome & Album, Book Reviews subforums. Regarding the thread deletion - it is possible in some cases for original poster to delete the entire thread. Locking thread is available for every case, unless the moderator decides to re-open it.

Therefore, going back to post removal in this topic, john deleted them himself, I did as well. Nobody can delete the posts of other people. It's as easy as this, no suspicious actions. Btw, Will, didn't you delete some of your posts in the "Hey everybody" thread? Why you're surprised?
In the moderation thread, someone referred to people 'deleting threads.' I don't know if anyone has; I hope not. Billy, would a deleted thread be on your deleted stuff board?
Referring to post deletions, I assume the reference above was to Steve Mayo deleting his excellent scans from this thread:
http://smileysmile.net/board/index.php/topic,10376.0.html

It might be. 

feelsflow
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #148 on: June 09, 2016, 12:54:17 AM »

Very interesting.  She managed to do it on my Welcome thread as well.

The post on your thread seems completely harmless.  Why would the Mods find reason to delete it, leaving no foot-print?

It should be a ". post" at most.

Old Times, Good Times.  And in this very thread.  My Welcome thread, which I am very proud of, the only thread I have ever made here at Smiley, had to be reconstructed.  I had to make some edits, so that it made sense.  When posts are deleted with no explanation it causes confusion, and changes history.  As you can see by this quoted reply, I didn't know how it was happening.

Tonight I found out it could be done.  I'm very glad my . post has been put back in it's proper place.  -thanks

feelsflow
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #149 on: June 09, 2016, 01:15:35 AM »

. posts do say something.  puts my thoughts in a holding pattern, wondering why usually.  I don't labor the point, it is the way it is.  things change.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9   Go Up
Print
Jump to: