gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680884 Posts in 27618 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims May 02, 2024, 04:18:05 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Look cover (instrumental, of course, or else it would be Song For Children)  (Read 1512 times)
egon spengler
« on: January 15, 2012, 11:40:22 AM »

http://soundcloud.com/adwolf16/beach-boys-look-song-for (and a youtube link: www.youtube.com/watch?v=uNhBvss1D2k)

I'm going to record the vocals as part of my SMiLE cover soon, but I'm so happy with how the backing track turned out that I had to post it (plus it was instrumental for almost 40 years, so I'll give myself a pass).  I'll probably make a few changes to the final product as I live with this version for a while, but I just think it sounds darn neat. That's me on everything--electric guitar, keyboards (piano, harpsichord, glockenspiel), fretless bass, fender bass, drums, muted trumpet, clarinet, french horn (which, by the magic of modern technology, doubles as a tuba), flute, tambourine, and sleigh bells. Let me know what you think!
« Last Edit: January 15, 2012, 12:54:02 PM by egon spengler » Logged
FatherOfTheMan Sr101
Smiley Smile Associate

I made a game

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2012, 12:40:36 PM »

This is amazing. You are my new idol, as a 15 year old multi-instrumentalist and producer, I think this is absolutely astounding.

I played it over the phone to my friend, he told me he loves that song, I told him it was a cover and he was like "Holy F*ck!"

egon spengler
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2012, 12:59:46 PM »

This is amazing. You are my new idol, as a 15 year old multi-instrumentalist and producer, I think this is absolutely astounding.

I played it over the phone to my friend, he told me he loves that song, I told him it was a cover and he was like "Holy F*ck!"

That's quite the high praise! I seriously wish I was as interested in learning other instruments when I was your age--the only training I have is in percussion, and it gets a lot harder to find time to learn new things when you don't have an entire class or two devoted to music. Keep up all your work, too.. your stuff is incredible, especially for a young'un!  Cool
« Last Edit: January 15, 2012, 01:11:16 PM by egon spengler » Logged
seltaeb1012002
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2012, 04:10:32 PM »

Great job bro!!!
dmcguire70
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2012, 12:47:45 AM »

Fantastic job i wish i had you musicals talents.

"I loaned you money when the funds weren't too cool"

"The ocean scares me."
..................................Brian Wilson, 1976
egon spengler
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2012, 05:57:44 PM »

thanks, guys!
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx