gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680888 Posts in 27619 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims May 03, 2024, 02:29:39 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 ... 26 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Brian Wilson Taping Soundstage Special With Special Guests  (Read 166282 times)
atroxi
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: December 11, 2014, 10:18:27 AM »

Audience stacking notwithstanding, I'm just happy to be going to a Brian Wilson concert where it's a 25 minute drive instead of the usual four hours.

(granted, it took moving to Vegas for that to happen but still...)
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #51 on: December 11, 2014, 10:26:28 AM »

Yes, I mentioned Melinda Wilson and Jean Sievers because you said managers. Who are you referring to if not them? Colonel Tom Parker? Salman Rushdie? Alan Partridge? Drop the coy act and say what you mean. If you're going to point fingers and blame people, at least have the courage to name them.

I said I look forward to it, Mr. Doe. Obviously referring to the future as I somehow get the impression you're going to be making these snide comments about those women for years to come!

Was that confirmation you'll be working on Mike's book, then?

You keep on putting the words in my mouth, I'll keep on spitting them straight out again (I said "management", not "managers"). What a funny little man you are.  Grin

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
ontor pertawst
Smiley Smile Associate

L♡VE ALWAYS WINS

View Profile WWW
« Reply #52 on: December 11, 2014, 10:27:36 AM »

Ok, Mr. Doe. Who... do... you... mean... by... management... if not... Jean Sievers... and Melinda Wilson. Cat got your tongue? Is it some state secret? It's not like naming them is going to make their opinion of you any lower, right?
« Last Edit: December 11, 2014, 10:36:22 AM by ontor pertawst » Logged
Mikie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 11, 2014, 10:29:16 AM »

They've done this with countless other artists/venues. Didn't they do the same with the Smile DVD? I have concerts by McCartney, Fogerty, Eagles, and others. No fat chicks in the front rows.  Tongue

I, I love the colorful clothes she wears, and she's already working on my brain. I only looked in her eyes, but I picked up something I just can't explain. I, I bet I know what she’s like, and I can feel how right she’d be for me. It’s weird how she comes in so strong, and I wonder what she’s picking up from me. I hope it’s good, good, good, good vibrations, yeah!!
Wirestone
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 11, 2014, 10:30:16 AM »

Yes, I mentioned Melinda Wilson and Jean Sievers because you said managers. Who are you referring to if not them? Colonel Tom Parker? Salman Rushdie? Alan Partridge? Drop the coy act and say what you mean. If you're going to point fingers and blame people, at least have the courage to name them.

I said I look forward to it, Mr. Doe. Obviously referring to the future as I somehow get the impression you're going to be making these snide comments about those women for years to come!

Was that confirmation you'll be working on Mike's book, then?

You keep on putting the words in my mouth, I'll keep on spitting them straight out again (I said "management", not "managers"). What a funny little man you are.  Grin

As far as I know, Brian has no management apart from Melinda and Jean. I believe Ray has said as much. So who are you referring to then, Andrew? I am honestly curious.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2014, 12:58:12 PM by Wirestone » Logged
ontor pertawst
Smiley Smile Associate

L♡VE ALWAYS WINS

View Profile WWW
« Reply #55 on: December 11, 2014, 10:38:15 AM »

He just wants to do his cutesy little act. Attack those two women but vaguely hint at sinister, dark, manipulative forces that don't have Brian Wilson's best interests at heart. Obviously he does, tho. Naturally. Why, he'd have Brian Wilson's career running even better! If it weren't for that damn management...

Enough of that bullshit. If you're not blaming Melinda and Jean, clear it up. Who are you blaming exactly? Who is "management," then? Stop hiding behind those asinine smiley faces and tell us what the hell you're talking about.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2014, 10:46:23 AM by ontor pertawst » Logged
Bubba Ho-Tep
« Reply #56 on: December 11, 2014, 11:12:39 AM »

What, no Deanna Carter?
wantsomecorn
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: December 11, 2014, 11:35:13 AM »

Do we know if Joe Thomas even has anything to do with this? Is he the one producing the special?

On our way through this "backstage" maze, Bruce joined up with the group and said hello, singing "It Never Rains in Southern California" and joking with some of the older ladies. I'm not sure if they knew he was a Beach Boy or simply an enthusiastic elderly gay gentleman.
bossaroo
Smiley Smile Associate

...let's be friends...

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: December 11, 2014, 11:45:53 AM »

It's total common practice to plant the audience with some eye candy for TV.

at least Brian's not putting it onstage with him (cheerleaders, girls in bikinis, Stamos, etc.)
wantsomecorn
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: December 11, 2014, 12:30:45 PM »

It's total common practice to plant the audience with some eye candy for TV.

at least Brian's not putting it onstage with him (cheerleaders, girls in bikinis, Stamos, etc.)

I feel like embellishing your show is more sincere than playing to fake fans.

On our way through this "backstage" maze, Bruce joined up with the group and said hello, singing "It Never Rains in Southern California" and joking with some of the older ladies. I'm not sure if they knew he was a Beach Boy or simply an enthusiastic elderly gay gentleman.
RiC
Smiley Smile Associate

One and Only

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: December 11, 2014, 12:36:47 PM »

What the heck is this fuzz about? Brian Wilson on tv with hot women, what's the problem? I don't see one. For once could you just be excited and happy that this stuff even happens?
Wirestone
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: December 11, 2014, 12:59:01 PM »

Do we know if Joe Thomas even has anything to do with this? Is he the one producing the special?

Since it's Soundstage, I would say most definitely yes.
Sheriff John Stone
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: December 11, 2014, 01:06:35 PM »

Well, Brian's people are consistent. You gotta give them credit for that. First they select people to come and sing for him, then they select people to come and clap for him.
Emdeeh
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: December 11, 2014, 01:07:51 PM »

In my case, I'd just rather see fans of the performers up front instead of professional actors (in this case, extras), simple as that.

(Full disclosure, I used to work for a PBS outlet.)

Debbie Keil-Leavitt
« Reply #64 on: December 11, 2014, 01:16:51 PM »

What the heck is this fuzz about? Brian Wilson on tv with hot women, what's the problem? I don't see one. For once could you just be excited and happy that this stuff even happens?

It's called television folks and it is absolute common practice - done all the time.  It was made clear to me by one segment producer, who trusted me enough to tell me the truth, that at a live-on-tape show with another well-known performer, I - at age 50 - wouldn't be sitting in the front like I had in the past. That was not a Brian Wilson show.  Yes, it's eye candy in the midst of the real fans and at a certain age, you're not the eye candy anymore.  Famous people, young pretty people - they get the cameras for the audience shots - with the occasional child mouthing the words with the older people, so you see that the artist appeals to all ages.  I can't imagine getting upset about it, unless you want to get mad at Hollywood in general, or the aging process.
Mendota Heights
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: December 11, 2014, 01:17:59 PM »

I so wished I could have been in Vegas.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2014, 01:40:14 PM by The Legendary Swedish Frog » Logged

I have been dubbed Mr. Pet Sounds and Mr. Country Love by polite and honored board member Smile Brian. I hope I live up to those esteemed titles.
Mendota Heights
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: December 11, 2014, 01:26:16 PM »

Well, Brian's people are consistent. You gotta give them credit for that. First they select people to come and sing for him, then they select people to come and clap for him.

Well, Mike selected Bruce to handclap for him.

I have been dubbed Mr. Pet Sounds and Mr. Country Love by polite and honored board member Smile Brian. I hope I live up to those esteemed titles.
ontor pertawst
Smiley Smile Associate

L♡VE ALWAYS WINS

View Profile WWW
« Reply #67 on: December 11, 2014, 01:58:13 PM »

In my case, I'd just rather see fans of the performers up front instead of professional actors (in this case, extras), simple as that.

(Full disclosure, I used to work for a PBS outlet.)

Well, you'll have to deal with my mug, then.
The LEGENDARY OSD
Smiley Smile Associate

luHv Estrangement Syndrome. It's a great thing!

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: December 11, 2014, 02:16:47 PM »

Well, Mike selected Bruce to handclap for him.
LOL and to entertain the audience by showing of his expertise at adjusting microphone stands. Cheesy

myKe luHv, the most hated, embarrassing clown the world of music has ever witnessed.
Debbie Keil-Leavitt
« Reply #69 on: December 11, 2014, 03:05:10 PM »

Gee, a person might come to the conclusion that you were trying to bait someone into saying something that would get them in thrown off the Board with a ridiculous comment like that...
alf wiedersehen
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: December 11, 2014, 04:02:02 PM »

I was just sent an email telling me that my seats had been upgraded free of charge due to my original section becoming obstructed. So, that's pretty cool.
Mr. Cohen
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: December 11, 2014, 04:09:42 PM »

You guys don't get it. If Brian is gonna win the Bieber set - and he will - he needs the young people front and center.
The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: December 11, 2014, 04:32:19 PM »

I was just sent an email telling me that my seats had been upgraded free of charge due to my original section becoming obstructed. So, that's pretty cool.

Assume you're under 24 and qualify as eye candy?Huh Smiley

“We live in divisive times.”
Niko
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: December 11, 2014, 04:41:55 PM »

Ok, Mr. Doe. Who... do... you... mean... by... management... if not... Jean Sievers... and Melinda Wilson. Cat got your tongue? Is it some state secret? It's not like naming them is going to make their opinion of you any lower, right?

Here's the recipe. You should save it for future use.
1: correct something meaningless
2: be condescending/insulting
3: DISSAPEAR

Sheriff John Stone
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: December 11, 2014, 05:17:31 PM »

Gee, a person might come to the conclusion that you were trying to bait someone into saying something that would get them in thrown off the Board with a ridiculous comment like that...

Go ahead, make my day.
gfx
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 ... 26 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx