gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
681035 Posts in 27628 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims May 17, 2024, 01:43:03 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 ... 37 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Al joining Mike and Bruce for Jones Beach show  (Read 183405 times)
Mikie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #650 on: June 27, 2014, 12:22:30 PM »

Rob was -- and is -- a quality guy and real fan of long standing, as are Andrew Hickey, TDHabib, and a bunch of people who used to post.  I can't speak to the circumstances of their departure (although I recall that some were treated quite nastily), but they are missed. And the departure of informed, well-spoken fans from a forum like this should never be celebrated.

Poor McCabe. Too bad he was a quality guy and a real fan with a bad habit of harassing other folks through Private Messages. May he rot wherever he is.

That ain't nice at all. Maybe he said something bad to you or your family on a personal level to warrant that hostile bitterness? Otherwise, it sure is easy to defame or discredit someone who doesn't have the ability to respond to your accusations in this public forum.

I, I love the colorful clothes she wears, and she's already working on my brain. I only looked in her eyes, but I picked up something I just can't explain. I, I bet I know what she’s like, and I can feel how right she’d be for me. It’s weird how she comes in so strong, and I wonder what she’s picking up from me. I hope it’s good, good, good, good vibrations, yeah!!
Pinder's Gone To Kokomo And Back Again
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #651 on: June 27, 2014, 02:05:34 PM »

Guys! Can we please stop acting like we're The Beach Boys or something?
Dancing Bear
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #652 on: June 27, 2014, 02:26:58 PM »

Rob was -- and is -- a quality guy and real fan of long standing, as are Andrew Hickey, TDHabib, and a bunch of people who used to post.  I can't speak to the circumstances of their departure (although I recall that some were treated quite nastily), but they are missed. And the departure of informed, well-spoken fans from a forum like this should never be celebrated.

Poor McCabe. Too bad he was a quality guy and a real fan with a bad habit of harassing other folks through Private Messages. May he rot wherever he is.

That ain't nice at all. Maybe he said something bad to you or your family on a personal level to warrant that hostile bitterness? Otherwise, it sure is easy to defame or discredit someone who doesn't have the ability to respond to your accusations in this public forum.

He can respond sending me a PM..... Wait, he's banned for life! Good riddance!  Grin

I'm fat as a cow oh how'd I ever get this way!
Dancing Bear
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #653 on: June 27, 2014, 02:31:35 PM »

You only are in this band because you owned a mellotron!

I'm fat as a cow oh how'd I ever get this way!
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #654 on: June 27, 2014, 02:37:47 PM »

Hey, it's in the garage somewhere :/
Mujan, 8@$+@Rc| of a Blue Wizard
Smiley Smile Associate

SMiLE is America: Infinite Potential Never Reached

View Profile WWW
« Reply #655 on: June 27, 2014, 03:33:27 PM »

Thanks Ray for a touch of sanity. I hope people read it and realize it is not just another opinion to be weighted equally with the ramblings of people who have NO idea.

I appreciate the post by Ray but...

This forum truly confounds me sometimes.  Lets put some more people down.

For real. Why sh!t on people for discussing their opinions on a DISCUSSION FORUM. I thought Sheriff was very respectful and sincere about vocalizing some genuine concerns. I'd argue his, and other posts similar, are not without merit.

Here are my SMiLE Mixes. All are 2 suite, but still vastly different in several ways. Be on the lookout for another, someday.

Aquarian SMiLE>HERE
Dumb Angel (Olorin Edition)>HERE
Dumb Angel [the Romestamo Cut]>HERE

& This is a new pet project Ive worked on, which combines Fritz Lang's classic film, Metropolis (1927) with The United States of America (1968) as a new soundtrack. More info is in the video description.
The American Metropolitan Circus>HERE
[
RioGrande
« Reply #656 on: June 27, 2014, 06:17:11 PM »

Hey, it's in the garage somewhere :/

You rang?
RioGrande
« Reply #657 on: June 27, 2014, 06:20:58 PM »

Few of them have also been outright banned.

OSD was not banned for being anti-Mike. Nobody here has ever been banned for having an opinion, and as long as I'm here, nobody ever will be.

So, for what?
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #658 on: June 27, 2014, 06:30:28 PM »

Numerous things that I don't care to get into at this point*...it was his third time being banned (first  one was 7 days, 2nd was several months). As for the others mentioned as being banned...I don't know the particulars, because I'm not the one who banned them. IIRC, Andrew H was suspended along with another member for a week for the same thing, although he never returned. I for one do miss his input.

*= for the same reason why the digs at Rob McCabe above need to stop...if a former member is not here to defend themselves, it's bad form to keep throwing digs at them. Just my two cents.

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
RioGrande
« Reply #659 on: June 27, 2014, 06:42:54 PM »

I tallied the rabid Brian bashers here and found, much to my surprise, that they are probably less than 10. They are so loud and obnoxious, and they post so much, that I was thinking they were more like 20/25.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2014, 06:44:21 PM by RioGrande » Logged
RioGrande
« Reply #660 on: June 27, 2014, 06:43:38 PM »

Numerous things that I don't care to get into at this point*...it was his third time being banned (first  one was 7 days, 2nd was several months). As for the others mentioned as being banned...I don't know the particulars, because I'm not the one who banned them. IIRC, Andrew H was suspended along with another member for a week for the same thing, although he never returned. I for one do miss his input.

*= for the same reason why the digs at Rob McCabe above need to stop...if a former member is not here to defend themselves, it's bad form to keep throwing digs at them. Just my two cents.

Thanks for the answer.
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #661 on: June 27, 2014, 06:52:12 PM »

I tallied the rabid Brian bashers here and found, much to my surprise, that they are probably less than 10. They are so loud and obnoxious, and they post so much, that I was thinking they were more like 20/25.

I don't know of any off the top of my head, although to be perfectly honest, if it was recent then I probably missed it. Haven't been on as much because the negativity is driving me nuts. Anybody who's known me for a while knows that members are generally warned through PM by me as opposed to being called out on the board, and I've had to do far too much of that lately. My God, we're talking about my favorite band in the world, but a band that has been around for over 50 years...with a band with that kind of longevity and such a vast catalogue, there's not going to be a universal consensus. So, for f*ck's sake, be more respectful to each other, please. Friendly debate is fine, but I'm tired of people being dicks to each other. Last comment on the matter...back to the subject!

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
Mujan, 8@$+@Rc| of a Blue Wizard
Smiley Smile Associate

SMiLE is America: Infinite Potential Never Reached

View Profile WWW
« Reply #662 on: June 27, 2014, 07:31:14 PM »

I don't know of any off the top of my head, although to be perfectly honest, if it was recent then I probably missed it. Haven't been on as much because the negativity is driving me nuts. Anybody who's known me for a while knows that members are generally warned through PM by me as opposed to being called out on the board, and I've had to do far too much of that lately. My God, we're talking about my favorite band in the world, but a band that has been around for over 50 years...with a band with that kind of longevity and such a vast catalogue, there's not going to be a universal consensus. So, for f*ck's sake, be more respectful to each other, please. Friendly debate is fine, but I'm tired of people being dicks to each other. Last comment on the matter...back to the subject!

Just wanted to say that I think it's very good form of you to give warnings in private and not take part in any kind of public shaming. I respect that.

That blog post that was linked to a while back is very interesting. "You mean, you don't want a Number One?" Classic Brian.

Here are my SMiLE Mixes. All are 2 suite, but still vastly different in several ways. Be on the lookout for another, someday.

Aquarian SMiLE>HERE
Dumb Angel (Olorin Edition)>HERE
Dumb Angel [the Romestamo Cut]>HERE

& This is a new pet project Ive worked on, which combines Fritz Lang's classic film, Metropolis (1927) with The United States of America (1968) as a new soundtrack. More info is in the video description.
The American Metropolitan Circus>HERE
[
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #663 on: June 27, 2014, 08:30:12 PM »

Agreed, which is why Brian's new album's sessions see Brian apparently working his ass off. Even at this stage he still thinks of having hits, and that's something he's always thought of.

Nicko1234
« Reply #664 on: June 27, 2014, 09:15:09 PM »

I agree that it`s a shame when any long standing fan chooses not to post anymore but it would be wrong to say that any group of fans are particularly responsible for that. It would be great it Andrew Hickey started posting regularly again, for example, but he made it clear at the time that he was unhappy with general negativity (both anti-Mike and anti-Brian) so it can`t be pinned anyone in particular.
Nicko1234
« Reply #665 on: June 27, 2014, 09:34:42 PM »

To get back on topic, AGD has stated on another board (I trust it`s ok to post it here) that after chatting with Mike and Bruce the other day his impression was that, `bridges have been burnt beyond rebuilding.`

If that turns out to be true and Al does never perform again with these guys then it will be a shame but maybe not really a surprise any more.
HeyJude
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #666 on: June 27, 2014, 11:57:58 PM »

To get back on topic, AGD has stated on another board (I trust it`s ok to post it here) that after chatting with Mike and Bruce the other day his impression was that, `bridges have been burnt beyond rebuilding.`

If that turns out to be true and Al does never perform again with these guys then it will be a shame but maybe not really a surprise any more.

I'm hoping maybe Howie Edelson, or Al in an interview, or someone can at some point shed more light on this. It would have to be something pretty heinous to burn bridges beyond repair.

I'm especially curious if Bruce has expressed that attitude, as that would take some balls for someone to be outraged when they have no control or stake in the situation and are just following what another band member does.

THE BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE IS ON FACEBOOK!!! http://www.facebook.com/beachboysopinion - Check out the original "BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE" Blog - http://beachboysopinion.blogspot.com/
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #667 on: June 28, 2014, 12:13:21 AM »

Concisely, I brought up the topic of the Jones Beach Massacre and the ambient temperature immediately dropped about 15f and the subject was changed. Got the distinct impression that what I've said here in previous posts isn't that far off the mark. That aside, great show and fine times meeting up with the band again: the soundcheck was a hoot, although Scott might dispute that. I'd second the notion that Cowsill is the best drummer they've ever had. Jeff fit in seamlessly. Great songs, great band, great sound. What's not to like (assuming you have an open mind) ?

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #668 on: June 28, 2014, 12:13:55 AM »

What exactly constitutes "Brian bashing?"

I don't even mean in comparison to Mike bashing because that simply raises the bar too high.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2014, 12:17:46 AM by Pinder Goes To Kokomo » Logged
JohnMill
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #669 on: June 28, 2014, 12:19:57 AM »

Concisely, I brought up the topic of the Jones Beach Massacre and the ambient temperature immediately dropped about 15f and the subject was changed.

Thanks for sticking your neck out for the rest of us Andrew.  Sorry to hear that you didn't get more positive news (to celebrate).

God Bless California
For It Marks My Faith To See
You're The Only State With The Sacred Honor
....to sink into the sea
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #670 on: June 28, 2014, 01:06:36 AM »

May be talking with Mike at greater length - and on the record - next month. I think the topic may crop up again.

Nicko1234
« Reply #671 on: June 28, 2014, 01:19:15 AM »

I'm hoping maybe Howie Edelson, or Al in an interview, or someone can at some point shed more light on this. It would have to be something pretty heinous to burn bridges beyond repair.

I'm especially curious if Bruce has expressed that attitude, as that would take some balls for someone to be outraged when they have no control or stake in the situation and are just following what another band member does.

I don`t know... Al hasn`t appeared on stage with Mike and Bruce for a regular concert (C50 excluded) since 1998 I guess. Now if M&B feel that they`ve been let down then you can imagine it might be years, which they may not have, before Al is invited to appear with them again.
Alan Smith
Smiley Smile Associate

I'm still here bitches and I know everything. –A

View Profile
« Reply #672 on: June 28, 2014, 01:38:31 AM »

May be talking with Mike at greater length - and on the record - next month. I think the topic may crop up again.
+1 on the thanks for asking, LAGD - I'm looking forward to hearing the on the record chat - are you working on something for an upcoming ESQ or otherwise?

ESQ - Subscribe Now!!!

A new Beach Boys forum is here! http://beachboys.boards.net/
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #673 on: June 28, 2014, 02:05:48 AM »

Not sure, but I have a few questions to ask.

Oh, btw, the shows that were posted on mikelove.com then swiftly removed are still set to happen.

ToneBender631
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #674 on: June 28, 2014, 03:27:02 AM »

Not sure, but I have a few questions to ask.

Oh, btw, the shows that were posted on mikelove.com then swiftly removed are still set to happen.

Thanks for asking the tough questions in a situation where that must've been more than a bit uncomfortable. That takes a brass set and I'm sure the rest of the fan base is grateful that you put yourself out there for it. Smiley
gfx
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 ... 37 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx