-->
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 10, 2024, 07:40:39 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
News: Bellagio 10452
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  The Smiley Smile Message Board
|-+  Non Smiley Smile Stuff
| |-+  The Sandbox
| | |-+  Sandy Hook Elementary School Shootings
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Sandy Hook Elementary School Shootings  (Read 65372 times)
rab2591
Smiley Smile Associate

"My God. It's full of stars."

View Profile
« Reply #200 on: January 16, 2013, 09:50:49 AM »

What offends me is that democrats will wage war on guns (especially in inner-cities (Chicago, New York City)) but they don't go after the real problem.

Why are kids picking up guns in the first place? Because their home life sucks, because their education was a sham, because they finally woke up and realized that selling drugs was the only realistic way they could make money. How do we solve this problem? Give our society a goal. Give children hope: let them peer into a beautiful/realistic future. Put the money we put towards wars into NASA and watch the benefits come soaring in. Stop regulating school curriculum (to a point, I agree that standards need to be met, but many teachers can't properly do their job because of these ridiculous guidelines). Don't push kids through school (and in America, it is looked down upon (and pretty much impossible) to fail a student, especially in inner-cities). Legalize marijuana (a drug that is virtually harmless - far less harmful than alcohol - yet the city streets in Mexico and America are filled with blood every day because of the underground market).

BUT. Politicians (Republican or democrat) don't want a free-thinking society. They want idiots: the more idiots roaming the streets the more easily they'll gain their votes.

Bill Tobelman's SMiLE site

God must’ve smiled the day Brian Wilson was born!

"ragegasm" - /rāj • ga-zəm/ : a logical mental response produced when your favorite band becomes remotely associated with the bro-country genre.

Ever want to hear some Beach Boys songs mashed up together like The Beatles' 'LOVE' album? Check out my mix!
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #201 on: January 16, 2013, 09:58:09 AM »

Rock!

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
Jason
« Reply #202 on: January 16, 2013, 10:16:04 AM »

These gun control measures seem to imply that the Obama regime wants the entire United States to be as broken down and dangerous as Chicago or Detroit.

On Rab's point about education - I agree, but get the government out of education. Government is not made up of teachers; therefore government has no business dictating curriculum in schools. Schools need to be regulated by themselves or by the school districts; this means parents and teachers working together to ensure their children are properly educated.

The space program should be privatized.

All drugs should be legalized in order to put the black market down.
rab2591
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #203 on: January 16, 2013, 10:43:00 AM »

I don't want to live in a society full of idiots. I know a lot of parents who would gladly have teachers teach creationism to their kids Angry. A friend of mine was taught nothing but creationism and you can't have a rational discussion with him about science he is so far gone. I think the government overseeing education is a good thing (especially when many citizens are still living under a rock).

If we're looking at the benefits for mankind, let NASA keep doing its job with taxpayer money. Many everyday items you use, TRBB, have originated at NASA. Just because it's a taxpayer funded program doesn't make it bad. I'm not putting down privatized space companies (and many of them are revolutionizing the way our future in space will look), but NASA is a great way for fast funding and great results, as the past has shown.

"ragegasm" - /rāj • ga-zəm/ : a logical mental response produced when your favorite band becomes remotely associated with the bro-country genre.

Ever want to hear some Beach Boys songs mashed up together like The Beatles' 'LOVE' album? Check out my mix!
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #204 on: January 16, 2013, 11:03:22 AM »

It's been a couple of tough years for NASA .

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
Bean Bag
Smiley Smile Associate

Right?

View Profile
« Reply #205 on: January 16, 2013, 11:07:59 AM »

Excellent points.  Gun control.  Eduction control.  Drug control.  Overbearing parents.  No faith, no trust.  And the "results graph" usually responds in the opposite direction as intended.  Prediction?  By virtue of their increased "action" on guns shouldn't we expect gun violence to grow?  I personally guarantee it.  Let me guess... Chicago has the MOST gun laws.  Right?  I'm just guessing... 

Be afraid.  The Government's here to save us.  Or pour gas on the fire... I forget which.  Razz

Speaking of "results graph"...what about the election map?  Democrats own it -- they own the inner cities.  Pretty much all of them.  Overtime, those maps have always changed.  Might change be coming?
http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/United_States_presidential_election_maps

rab2591
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #206 on: January 16, 2013, 11:13:42 AM »

It's been a couple of tough years for NASA .

Indeed. It's sad that every president since Kennedy has snubbed NASA for the most part. Every president since has been controlled, more or less, by the military industrial complex. A politician doesn't want astronauts, he wants soldiers. He doesn't want scientists creating life-finding robots, he wants them creating life-killing robots.

We have so much hope as a society, but the stupidity of the masses and the corruption of the few make space exploration a near-impossible endeavor.

Pinder's Gone To Kokomo And Back Again
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #207 on: January 16, 2013, 11:52:43 AM »

These gun control measures seem to imply that the Obama regime wants the entire United States to be as broken down and dangerous as Chicago or Detroit.

On Rab's point about education - I agree, but get the government out of education. Government is not made up of teachers; therefore government has no business dictating curriculum in schools. Schools need to be regulated by themselves or by the school districts; this means parents and teachers working together to ensure their children are properly educated.

The space program should be privatized.

All drugs should be legalized in order to put the black market down.

I completely agree.....
Bean Bag
Smiley Smile Associate

Right?

View Profile
« Reply #208 on: January 16, 2013, 12:25:02 PM »

Speaking of space program...

White House: NRA ad 'repugnant,' 'cowardly'
http://www.politico.com/politico44/2013/01/wh-nra-ad-repugnant-cowardly-154358.html

Jay Carney:  "...the safety of the president's children the subject of an attack ad is repugnant and cowardly.”

What planet are they on?  Is this the f*cking twilight zone?!

You can't make this stuff up!   LOL

Jason
« Reply #209 on: January 16, 2013, 12:36:44 PM »

Well, he doesn't want anyone to be able to protect their children while his own have no such worry.
Bean Bag
Smiley Smile Associate

Right?

View Profile
« Reply #210 on: January 16, 2013, 01:06:00 PM »

Apparently, that's an awfully "repugnant" thing to say, TRBB.  And it's "cowardly."  No one is allowed to say the Presidents kids are safely guarded!  That's cowardly repugnant!!  LOL

Yet (here's where I'm stuck, please help me) this man is allowed to use the unsafely guarded children in his political theater.  Where -- get this -- the outcome of said theater makes them less SAFE!*  That's some BIGAZZ balls right there, America!!  Right before your eyes!!!!

Do I care about your kids?  No, no...

*As stated earlier, by me Wink  the size of government involvement is directly related to the opposite outcomes.  EXAMPLE:  Chicago.  More gun laws = more gun violence.

18thofMay
Smiley Smile Associate

Goin to the beach

View Profile
« Reply #211 on: January 16, 2013, 01:09:01 PM »

Dont want to inflame things but if you Americans think that having an Automatic weapon in your house will protect your children your all f***ed in the head. You guys just dont get it!

The land of the "free" so ingrained with fear perpetrated by their "rights".

It’s like he hired a fashion consultant and told her to make him look “punchable.”
Some Guy, 2012
"Donald Trump makes Mike Love look like an asshole"
Me ,2015.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #212 on: January 16, 2013, 01:17:04 PM »

It's not about protecting their kids. If "danger" visits their house, these guys will probably accidentally shoot their own kids while trying to load their guns.... It's about being into guns..... Fair enough. I have no issue with being really into guns, but they should be honest about it.
Bean Bag
Smiley Smile Associate

Right?

View Profile
« Reply #213 on: January 16, 2013, 01:34:38 PM »

...if you Americans think that having an Automatic weapon in your house will protect your children your all f***ed in the head. You guys just dont get it!
We're definitely F***ed in the head.  But if not guns, what do you suggest?  Tanks?  You're a tank guy aren't you.

So... wait... my rights are perpetrating fear?  Damn.  Sh-t, take them away... I don't want no rights!  Get them away from me!!!!!   Ahhh!

Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #214 on: January 16, 2013, 01:36:25 PM »

Didn't the military blast AC/DC to drive Noriega out of his compound?

Have we finally stumbled upon a practical use for Summer In Paradise???
Jason
« Reply #215 on: January 16, 2013, 02:00:59 PM »

Dont want to inflame things but if you Americans think that having an Automatic weapon in your house will protect your children your all f***ed in the head. You guys just dont get it!

You're Piers Morgan and I claim my Mickey Mouse bills of British pounds.
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #216 on: January 16, 2013, 05:22:35 PM »

America runs on paranoia now, I am really pissed off that some people believe sandy hook was a hoax for more gun control.

Jason
« Reply #217 on: January 16, 2013, 05:26:24 PM »

America runs on paranoia now, I am really pissed off that some people believe sandy hook was a hoax for more gun control.

http://fellowshipofminds.wordpress.com/2013/01/08/sandy-hook-ripdonation-webpages-created-before-the-massacre/
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #218 on: January 16, 2013, 05:33:30 PM »

http://fellowshipofminds.wordpress.com/2013/01/08/sandy-hook-ripdonation-webpages-created-before-the-massacre/
I don't believe that at all, I think it is insulting to the parents of the victims that people think it was hoax.

Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #219 on: January 16, 2013, 05:35:40 PM »

!!! How do I become a professional crisis actor? I'd imagine the pay must be off the hook in order for me to keep my mouth shut. Not to mention my super powers of making sure no one will know it's the same guy in several pictures!
Jason
« Reply #220 on: January 16, 2013, 05:35:50 PM »

I don't think Sandy Hook was a hoax, but if that Facebook page creation date is true...it's suspect. But I don't think it was a false flag.
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #221 on: January 16, 2013, 05:39:18 PM »

I don't think Sandy Hook was a hoax, but if that Facebook page creation date is true...it's suspect. But I don't think it was a false flag.
It  probably had been an unrelated page created before the event and changed to a sandy hook theme.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2013, 05:55:07 PM by SMiLE Brian » Logged

Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #222 on: January 16, 2013, 05:48:05 PM »

It was probably had been an unrelated page created before the event and changed to a sandy hook theme.

But hey! Never discount ANYTHING completely. And everyone has the right to believe what they want. I've certainly gone to bat for some seriously nutty lefty stuff in my time.
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #223 on: January 16, 2013, 05:56:55 PM »

It was probably had been an unrelated page created before the event and changed to a sandy hook theme.

But hey! Never discount ANYTHING completely. And everyone has the right to believe what they want. I've certainly gone to bat for some seriously nutty lefty stuff in my time.
Agreed, I am just pissed that people I know rambled about it all day on facebook and claimed obama planned it for gun control. This paranoia is creeping me out....

18thofMay
Smiley Smile Associate

Goin to the beach

View Profile
« Reply #224 on: January 16, 2013, 05:58:25 PM »

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/01/16/rick-perry-claims-prayer-not-gun-control-keep-children-safe_n_2490672.html?utm_hp_ref=fb&src=sp&comm_ref=false

f***ed in the head.

Just how free are you guys? Free to "CARRY"Huh Becasue you fear a violent attack.

Your country is f***ed in the head!!

It’s like he hired a fashion consultant and told her to make him look “punchable.”
Some Guy, 2012
"Donald Trump makes Mike Love look like an asshole"
Me ,2015.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11   Go Up
Print
Jump to: