gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680903 Posts in 27619 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims May 07, 2024, 09:03:12 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 27 28 29 [30] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Mike and Bruce Tour 2014  (Read 149919 times)
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #725 on: December 04, 2014, 09:34:44 AM »

It's okay to hate a member of a group and like the overall group. Especially when the member is a lesser guy who did not do anything near what BW did for the BBs. Mike was BW's voice to be used during the surf fad.

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #726 on: December 04, 2014, 09:52:50 AM »

Like I said earlier: southern cracker... evolution. No point in trying to reason with such a closed mind.

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
ontor pertawst
Smiley Smile Associate

L♡VE ALWAYS WINS

View Profile WWW
« Reply #727 on: December 04, 2014, 09:54:12 AM »

Especially when your argument falls apart if you get within a few feet of it.
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #728 on: December 04, 2014, 10:00:13 AM »

Hey, AGD wanted an answer and I gave it. Using your logic, do you not like the BBs because you think BW is a washed up zombie controlled by others?

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #729 on: December 04, 2014, 10:24:10 AM »

I don't know if i'd call Mike 'sad', but 'insecure ' could certainly apply to pretty much all of the band at various times.

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
Fire Wind
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #730 on: December 04, 2014, 10:40:07 AM »

If Brian die-hards are 'Brianistas', Mike die-hards are 'Kokomao-ists',
:D

Here's what I don't get.  Is anyone actually a die-hard Mike Love fan?  A fan of Mike alone and his talents?  As opposed to simply being a fan of the group?  If I could be bothered to post about this sort of thing, I'd probably end falling into the Kokomaoist category, willingly or not.  I've been slagged off in other places for defending him.  But I'm not a die-hard Mike Love fan.  I've never met one.  I'm just a Beach Boys fan who gets a touch tired at all the flak that gets unjustly thrown at Mike, elsewhere, like in the comments underneath every article about him in the mainstream press.  To defend him wouldn't be partisanship, or being anti-Brian, but merely offering a balanced perspective.  This place is a breath of fresh air, compared to everywhere else, simply because the anti-Mike brigade view is actually challenged here.

I still can taste the ocean breeze...
Dancing Bear
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #731 on: December 04, 2014, 10:48:59 AM »

It's okay to hate a member of a group and like the overall group. Especially when the member is a lesser guy who did not do anything near what BW did for the BBs. Mike was BW's voice to be used during the surf fad.

I'm sorry that you have to torture yourself listening to the Beach Boys... Poor boy. So young and so much hate.  Cheesy

Buy Mike's book. It may help opening your mind.

I'm fat as a cow oh how'd I ever get this way!
Dancing Bear
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #732 on: December 04, 2014, 10:55:18 AM »

I don't know if i'd call Mike 'sad', but 'insecure ' could certainly apply to pretty much all of the band at various times.

I don't know if you can say that the core of the band is a bunch of deeply flawed human beings... or if they're average fallible guys who get their lives scrutinized way way way too much by some obssessive fans.

I wonder how ANYONE posting here would do if scrutinized the way we do with Mike, Dennis and Brian... And to a lesser extant Al, Bruce and Carl.

Probably better not to go there. I'd say that we care much more about things that happened 50 or 40 oe 2 years ago than the surviving Beach Boys.

I'm fat as a cow oh how'd I ever get this way!
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #733 on: December 04, 2014, 11:01:30 AM »

Hey, AGD wanted an answer and I gave it. Using your logic, do you not like the BBs because you think BW is a washed up zombie controlled by others?

No, because I've never said that. He's not washed up, he's not a zombie and - when he wants to, as he's demonstrated in the past more than once - when he wants to do something his way, it gets done his way. True, there have been times when he patently could care less about the project in hand - the other 2004 album, the 2008 UK mini-tour to name but two: probably the Christmas album as well - but in the main, he just goes along with the flow.

Unlike you and the other recently (and lamentably) returned blinkered individual, I have a balanced view of Brian, and the rest of the band. Must be terrible to be such a bigot*, even on thyis unimportant subject.

[*  a person who has strong, unreasonable beliefs and who thinks that anyone who does not have the same beliefs is wrong: actually, that's most posters here at times, but my premise holds true for those in whom the condition is chronic]
« Last Edit: December 04, 2014, 11:02:56 AM by The Legendary AGD » Logged

SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #734 on: December 04, 2014, 11:09:13 AM »

Using the word bigot has nothing to do with this topic. But honestly you believe BW is control since you always talk about Mike's "room", which implies BW has people keeping him away from him. But to be real, BW has no interest in dealing with a slimy cousin who will lie, cheat, and steal to rewrite the BBs legacy. M&B are a sick parody of the BBs and you need to stop carrying water for them.Mike Love is honestly using you as his pawn here to sell his book.

♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #735 on: December 04, 2014, 11:10:59 AM »

Do you know any of them personally?

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #736 on: December 04, 2014, 11:20:07 AM »

To use an old phrase, " someone who would know"

Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #737 on: December 04, 2014, 12:30:45 PM »

Using the word bigot has nothing to do with this topic. But honestly you believe BW is control since you always talk about Mike's "room", which implies BW has people keeping him away from him. But to be real, BW has no interest in dealing with a slimy cousin who will lie, cheat, and steal to rewrite the BBs legacy. M&B are a sick parody of the BBs and you need to stop carrying water for them. Mike Love is honestly using you as his pawn here to sell his book.

To repeat: a bigot is someone who has strong, unreasonable beliefs and who thinks that anyone who does not have the same beliefs is wrong... which describes the attitude of both you and OSD towards Mike down to three decimal places, so you can't dispute the accuracy of my using it. When discussing Mike on this forum, you're both bigots. fact.

As for Mike "using" me to sell his book... as it's currently unwritten, never mind unpublished, that's a laughably stupid statement. Plus, I don't need to sell it. Lot of folk here will buy it and I'm pretty sure the publishing house has an excellent publicity department. His co-author is a well-known writer in the field of American culture, who wrote the first authorised biography of Willie Mays. If nothing else the book will be readable and well researched. But, just because said tome doesn't yet exist, don't feel you can't condemn it out of hand.

As for calling Mike "a slimy cousin who will lie, cheat, and steal to rewrite the BBs legacy"... you really don't want to post here very much longer, do you ? I'd say you're on strike two and counting. Billy ?

Niko
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #738 on: December 04, 2014, 12:34:15 PM »

Didn't you call everyone who disagreed with you a "mental midget" a few pages back?
And also compared them to ignorant "crackers"

Hmm...

Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #739 on: December 04, 2014, 12:42:56 PM »

Didn't you call everyone who disagreed with you a "mental midget" a few pages back?
And also compared them to ignorant "crackers"

Hmm...

Nope - I said I was "beset by mental midgets", and the cracker referred to someone with whom a reasoned debate was impossible. Three guesses.  Grin

There are a lot of fine people post here, who make useful contributions to both the board and BB history. Then, there are the bigots and mental midgets, who post only to derail, carp, cannot be reasoned with and spin once more the old, cracked record. You have to wonder if they're fans of the band at all.

♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #740 on: December 04, 2014, 01:07:22 PM »

This entire thread reminds me of why i keep to myself offline.

I'm locking this at this point and may have to have some individual conversations after i get home from work.

This is my final statement on this matter... I couldn't care less who likes or dislikes which member. I do however have an issue when it gets into personal attacks, whether it's a board member or band member, especially if that person isnt around to defend themselves, and especially if it's not based on personal interaction.

gfx
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 27 28 29 [30] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx