gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680945 Posts in 27622 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims May 09, 2024, 02:17:43 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 ... 47 Go Down Print
Author Topic: 50th Anniversary Tour Dates (as they roll out) (*UPDATED, Feb 15th*)  (Read 230457 times)
STE
Smiley Smile Associate

"I'm not on top like I used to be"

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: January 05, 2012, 01:57:03 AM »

Damn it!
Every time I see the NEW sign next to this thread's title I always hope new dates have been added.

Embarrassed

absinthe_boy
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: January 05, 2012, 04:42:19 AM »

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE , PRETTY PLEASE , ANNOUNCE A UK Date/Dates as my life and diary ( work , Gigs with Bands , Discos , life in general ) is currently on hold  Huh

Please announce a London date and for god's sake NOT during the Olympics (getting as far out of town as I can during those 2 weeks).

And yes, I too hope for new tour dates every time I see a new post has been added to this thread...which is why I have refrained from posting!
CarlTheVoice
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: January 05, 2012, 10:32:43 AM »

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE , PRETTY PLEASE , ANNOUNCE A UK Date/Dates as my life and diary ( work , Gigs with Bands , Discos , life in general ) is currently on hold  Huh

Please announce a London date and for god's sake NOT during the Olympics (getting as far out of town as I can during those 2 weeks).

And yes, I too hope for new tour dates every time I see a new post has been added to this thread...which is why I have refrained from posting!

With you on the UK dates, I think people will want to avoid London during that time so it could backfire. Imagine trying to get to and from venues around then. Uh. Early/mid July or Aug please!
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #78 on: January 05, 2012, 10:50:31 AM »

I know the BB have now and then demonstrated some questionable decision making... but I think that even they'd know about the London Olympics this year.

However, I guess you're right - if they were invited to take part in the event, it would be best for us if they declined.

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
Shady
Smiley Smile Associate

I had to fix a lot of things this morning

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: January 05, 2012, 12:25:13 PM »

Damn it!
Every time I see the NEW sign next to this thread's title I always hope new dates have been added.

Embarrassed

Me too  Undecided

According to someone who would know.

Seriously, there was a Beach Boys Love You condom?!  Amazing.
absinthe_boy
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: January 06, 2012, 01:02:49 AM »

I know the BB have now and then demonstrated some questionable decision making... but I think that even they'd know about the London Olympics this year.

However, I guess you're right - if they were invited to take part in the event, it would be best for us if they declined.

Either Al or Bruce said they specifically wanted to play the Olympics. I get the attraction, and it's certainly not unknown for the M&B Show to play at major sporting events....but for people who are BB/music enthusiasts and not interested in the Olympics it would be a waste if they only played during those two weeks. the prediction is that most other tourism will sharply decline during the Olympics and Paralympics. The people who visit London for theatre, concerts, shopping and sight-seeing will stay clear.

Don't get me wrong, I am proud that we've got the Olympics and I hope we do a great job. I just have no interest in witnessing the event live, I work very close to one of the venues and already know I need to take at least 6 days off as it will be literally impossible transport-wise for me to get to work. The wife and I have made the decision to be well away from London for the entire two weeks.

Seeing as it's sort of a second home for Brian, I'd vote for the RFH either before the Olympics in June or well after in September.
Smilin Ed H
« Reply #81 on: January 06, 2012, 07:55:32 AM »

London... Overpriced, small hotel rooms at the best of times. Imagine what it'll be like during the Olympics...
absinthe_boy
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: January 06, 2012, 10:29:39 AM »

London... Overpriced, small hotel rooms at the best of times. Imagine what it'll be like during the Olympics...

You're staying in the wrong hotels, then. While London is an old city and therefore space is at a premium, there are large hotel rooms to be had - and not at exhorbitant prices. Try The Grange, The Tower, Club Quarters, The City Hotel, any Holiday Inn.

But it's true there are rooms much smaller than you'd find even in the budget sector in the USA. Pretty much the same across western Europe.

However I shall be avoiding London during the games.
Mikie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: January 06, 2012, 11:05:12 AM »

What a way to kick off the the Boys' 50th Anniversary tour.  The New Orleans Jazz Festival is gonna be a real humdinger!  The Beach Boys, The Eagles, Tom Petty.........The Four Skins.........what a wing-ding!

http://seatgeek.com/blog/concerts/new-orleans-jazz-fest-lineup-2012-tickets

I, I love the colorful clothes she wears, and she's already working on my brain. I only looked in her eyes, but I picked up something I just can't explain. I, I bet I know what she’s like, and I can feel how right she’d be for me. It’s weird how she comes in so strong, and I wonder what she’s picking up from me. I hope it’s good, good, good, good vibrations, yeah!!
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

"Too dumb for New York City, too ugly for L.A."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #84 on: January 06, 2012, 11:11:41 AM »

What a way to kick off the the Boys' 50th Anniversary tour.  The New Orleans Jazz Festival is gonna be a real humdinger!  The Beach Boys, The Eagles, Tom Petty.........The Four Skins.........what a wing-ding!

http://seatgeek.com/blog/concerts/new-orleans-jazz-fest-lineup-2012-tickets

Not too shabby ! Hope it will bring out the best of the boys.

BTW, here's what some have mentioned as a possible problem. This talks about the reunion tour yet only one of the dates is really part of that. The other ones are concerts by Mike & Bruce:

http://seatgeek.com/blog/concerts/beach-boys-reunion-tour-dates-2012-tickets

a diseased bunch of mo'fos if there ever was one… their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons.

- Lester Bangs on The Beach Boys

PRO SHOT BEACH BOYS CONCERTS - LIST

To sum it up, they blew it, they blew it consistently, they continue to blow it, it is tragic and this pathological problem caused The Beach Boys' greatest music to be so underrated by the general public.

- Jack Rieley
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #85 on: January 06, 2012, 11:47:34 AM »

There are two sections - one says Beach Boys tickets, the other says, quite explicitly, Beach Boys Reunion Tour Dates and lists the three known shows. Granted, one date is common to both, but I feel even the dimmest BB fan on the planet can discern the difference.

Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #86 on: January 06, 2012, 12:09:19 PM »

There are two sections - one says Beach Boys tickets, the other says, quite explicitly, Beach Boys Reunion Tour Dates and lists the three known shows. Granted, one date is common to both, but I feel even the dimmest BB fan on the planet can discern the difference.

Right, I didn't see that you could scroll down further. The text doesn't make it clear though, because it's only talking about the reunion. To a non fan this could be irritating. And it looks like Brian wrote a few songs with Kevin Love  Cheesy
« Last Edit: January 06, 2012, 12:15:04 PM by Rocker » Logged

a diseased bunch of mo'fos if there ever was one… their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons.

To sum it up, they blew it, they blew it consistently, they continue to blow it, it is tragic and this pathological problem caused The Beach Boys' greatest music to be so underrated by the general public.

- Jack Rieley
guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

"Barba non facit aliam historici"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #87 on: January 06, 2012, 12:21:12 PM »

Wondering if there will be cases of a well-meaning spouse or family member ordering reunion tickets as a "surprise" for their favorite Beach Boys fan, only to find the real surprise happens when that person gets the gifted tickets and they're for the Mike and Bruce show instead... Razz

Maybe they should book the reunion gigs as The Pendletones.

"All of us have the privilege of making music that helps and heals - to make music that makes people happier, stronger, and kinder. Don't forget: Music is God's voice." - Brian Wilson
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #88 on: January 06, 2012, 02:31:44 PM »

I just saw on facebook that there are "rumours Boston and Houston have confirmed" Beach Boys reunion dates. Maybe we'll have an official statement soon

- Jack Rieley
Smilin Ed H
« Reply #89 on: January 07, 2012, 01:39:55 AM »

"But it's true there are rooms much smaller than you'd find even in the budget sector in the USA. Pretty much the same across western Europe."

Which was my point...

absinthe_boy
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: January 07, 2012, 05:16:24 AM »

"But it's true there are rooms much smaller than you'd find even in the budget sector in the USA. Pretty much the same across western Europe."

Which was my point...

I love to be pedantic...and yo said "small hotel rooms at the best of times" which is not true.

There are large hotel rooms to be had in London. I've stayed in a suite with superking bed, conference table, two huge TV's and 17 armchairs in central London for £120 a night.
Justin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: January 07, 2012, 11:06:06 AM »

Damn it!

Embarrassed

Me too  Undecided

Slim Shady, when the tour dates finally roll out...you think you could update the subject line of the thread to announce that....maybe even adding the date of the new update could help signify that some new information has surfaced...that would be most appreciated!
Shady
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: January 07, 2012, 03:38:20 PM »

Damn it!

Embarrassed

Me too  Undecided

Slim Shady, when the tour dates finally roll out...you think you could update the subject line of the thread to announce that....maybe even adding the date of the new update could help signify that some new information has surfaced...that would be most appreciated!

I will do that..

I'm checking every nook and cranny for dates every day but nothing new yet  Undecided

♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #93 on: January 08, 2012, 01:42:49 AM »

I just saw on facebook that there are "rumours Boston and Houston have confirmed" Beach Boys reunion dates. Maybe we'll have an official statement soon

Houston?! OH MY GOD...I think I need a pacemaker.

And a mop.

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
Jason
« Reply #94 on: January 08, 2012, 05:21:37 PM »

Get those pennies and dimes ready, Billy!  LOL
ArchStanton
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: January 09, 2012, 05:38:27 PM »

I know good ole Omaha is very unlikely, but hoping they at least come to either Denver, Minneapolis, or KC, and preferably not when I'm supposed to be in California for a wedding!
Shady
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: January 09, 2012, 09:53:11 PM »

Well Coachella's not on the itinerary anyway

The Heartical Don
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: January 12, 2012, 03:08:39 AM »

I'll pay top dollar for even the slightest unconfirmed rumor on a Dutch date by some untrustworthy guy on Death Row... please...Huh  Embarrassed

80% Of Success Is Showing Up
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #98 on: January 12, 2012, 05:35:30 AM »

I'll pay top dollar for even the slightest unconfirmed rumor on a Dutch date by some untrustworthy guy on Death Row... please...Huh  Embarrassed

There may, or may not, be a Dutch date, or dates. Send me your 'top dollar' now and should they be announced, I will purchase tickets for you. Possibly.

The Heartical Don
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #99 on: January 12, 2012, 06:10:40 AM »

There may, or may not, be a Dutch date, or dates. Send me your 'top dollar' now and should they be announced, I will purchase tickets for you. Possibly.

Grin Grin Grin (3 times = highest accolade in my book)

80% Of Success Is Showing Up
gfx
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 ... 47 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx