gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680903 Posts in 27619 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims May 07, 2024, 08:41:45 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Summer's Gone...  (Read 9287 times)
SBonilla
« Reply #25 on: August 09, 2012, 12:56:37 PM »

No!  Jeff has a very good point.  This thread should be deleted by a Mod.  We need LMS2 to stay alive!
Why? I saw what they were posting. There was a generous amount of commercially available material, including complete box sets.  They weren't doing the artists any favors. Skeezies in denial.
Mikie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 09, 2012, 01:48:04 PM »

Huh?  You callin' me a Skeezie, Bonilla?

I, I love the colorful clothes she wears, and she's already working on my brain. I only looked in her eyes, but I picked up something I just can't explain. I, I bet I know what she’s like, and I can feel how right she’d be for me. It’s weird how she comes in so strong, and I wonder what she’s picking up from me. I hope it’s good, good, good, good vibrations, yeah!!
The Real Barnyard
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: August 09, 2012, 02:13:57 PM »

They will be back.

LMS2: Almost Summer

insert YouTube link here

Do you think it's a bright idea to be talking about a place such as LMS on such a public board that is known to be read by insiders and Capitol suits?

Sorry, I edited my post.
But the title of this thread itself isn't a great idea either...

SBonilla
« Reply #28 on: August 09, 2012, 02:18:33 PM »

Huh?  You callin' me a Skeezie, Bonilla?
Not knowingly.

I didn't like the site or the vibe there.  I never went back. I did not know who was who. When I was there people had names like LMS05.

On the level they were making files available, to call it sharing is denial. And by skeezy I refer to anyone  who is lazy and greedy and feels entitled to any musical file that they can lay there hands on, as long as it's free.

« Last Edit: August 09, 2012, 02:19:46 PM by SBonilla » Logged
Chocolate Shake Man
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 09, 2012, 02:22:11 PM »

Not knowingly.

I didn't like the site or the vibe there.  I never went back. I did not know who was who. When I was there people had names like LMS05.

On the level they were making files available, to call it sharing is denial. And by skeezy I refer to anyone  who is lazy and greedy and feels entitled to any musical file that they can lay there hands on, as long as it's free.

You're right. That privilege really should be restricted to music company owners.
The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: August 09, 2012, 02:58:08 PM »

Okay title changed... Tho we are talking about a place that nO longer exists as "powers that be " have shut it down anyways.

“We live in divisive times.”
Mikie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 09, 2012, 06:25:02 PM »

Not knowingly.

Most of the files offered up I already had on vinyl or CD/DVD or Flac/Mp3's anyway. Sometimes I grabbed it just to have it conveniently available on the hard drive even if I had it already. Every once in awhile something interesting came up or stuff that was long out of print or I never bothered to pick up over the years (ie, the Sagittarius, Boettcher, Johnston, and Parks albums). Quite a bit of nice live shows were put up there and I enjoyed Djole's "Life's A Beach" series, a comp of SOT and other 60's rare tracks all in one spot.

Some of that stuff was unreleased and never will be. So why not add it to the ol' collectione? I keep it to myself, don't sell it, and nobody gets hurt. C'mon, Steve, that original 20/20 and '64 concert program I bought from you at your record store back in the 70's - you made at least triple what the Beach Boys made off of those items.  Grin

LMS03 Mike

I, I love the colorful clothes she wears, and she's already working on my brain. I only looked in her eyes, but I picked up something I just can't explain. I, I bet I know what she’s like, and I can feel how right she’d be for me. It’s weird how she comes in so strong, and I wonder what she’s picking up from me. I hope it’s good, good, good, good vibrations, yeah!!
Aegir
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: August 10, 2012, 10:32:25 AM »

man, this site sounds like it was amazing!

Every time you spell Smile as SMiLE, an angel's wings are forcibly torn off its body.
Domino
Smiley Smile Associate

Hypnotize me, Van Dyke

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 10, 2012, 02:24:27 PM »

man, this site sounds like it was amazing!

It sure does...

Brian on why he loves God Only Knows: "Because Paul McCartney said it was his favourite song"

"New rule: Having anything to do with the creation of a punk rawk version of "All You Need Is Love" (never with the horn part because lol hornz are silly and dumb) gets you the death penalty. No questions, no trial, it's your fault, pick out your coffin." - runnersdialzero
SBonilla
« Reply #34 on: August 10, 2012, 02:45:59 PM »

Not knowingly.

Most of the files offered up I already had on vinyl or CD/DVD or Flac/Mp3's anyway. Sometimes I grabbed it just to have it conveniently available on the hard drive even if I had it already. Every once in awhile something interesting came up or stuff that was long out of print or I never bothered to pick up over the years (ie, the Sagittarius, Boettcher, Johnston, and Parks albums). Quite a bit of nice live shows were put up there and I enjoyed Djole's "Life's A Beach" series, a comp of SOT and other 60's rare tracks all in one spot.

Some of that stuff was unreleased and never will be. So why not add it to the ol' collectione? I keep it to myself, don't sell it, and nobody gets hurt. C'mon, Steve, that original 20/20 and '64 concert program I bought from you at your record store back in the 70's - you made at least triple what the Beach Boys made off of those items.  Grin

LMS03 Mike
I'm not hardcore about it. I have acquired lots of interesting audio files from blogs and various places. My problem was that they were intentionally avoiding getting popped by hiding behind a Members Only door. I didn't want to be part of that;  it felt uncomfortable. That's all.
NatureShowInStereo
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 10, 2012, 07:16:23 PM »

Someone should PM me some resources (future forums, still-running forums). Summer's Gone sounds like it rolled up SmileySmile and smoked it. And then peed on its ashes.
runnersdialzero
Smiley Smile Associate

I WILL NEVER GO TO SCHOOL

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 10, 2012, 08:31:55 PM »

Thus why you said "smoked" and not "smokes." The Smiley Smile board is still here for sharing through PMs, not openly, and the other board isn't.

CAREFULLY REGARD THE LAWS OF THE LAND, NATURESHOWINSTEREO.

Tell me it's okay.
Tell me you still love me.
People make mistakes.
People make mistakes.
lance
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: August 11, 2012, 11:20:54 PM »

Never heard of it. But now feel like I've missed out.
Gertie J.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 12, 2012, 12:43:28 AM »

Oh lord, first time I opened the thread thought it's about That's Why God's song Summer's Gone. Huh

dj, blogger, and hanger-on
Lookit
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 14, 2012, 11:53:51 AM »

Wow, never even knew about this...feel like I missed out Sad

I talked your folks out of making you cut off your head.
gfx
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx