gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680903 Posts in 27619 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims May 06, 2024, 09:12:09 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Nice article on Brian in the Washington Times  (Read 1836 times)
Swamp Pirate
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: November 30, 2007, 10:20:44 AM »

http://washingtontimes.com/article/20071130/ENTERTAINMENT/111300029/1007

"I like performing solo much better than I did with the Beach Boys," he says. "It's always an emotional experience, but I've gotten used to it. It's second nature."

"Mike Love and Al Jardine have wrangled for several years over the use of the band's name: Mr. Love claims exclusive rights to it, while Mr. Jardine has appeared variously as "Al Jardine, Beach Boy" and "Al Jardine of the Beach Boys."

Asked for his take on his former bandmates' use of the name, he doesn't take sides, saying simply, "I'm OK with it."
Magic Transistor Radio
Smiley Smile Associate

Bill Cooper Mystery Babylon

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2007, 05:46:38 PM »

That is interesting. I've never heard Brian's take on the Love/Jardine feud. Sounds like Brian in the 70s refusing to take sides in the Love/Wilson feud.

"Over the years, I've been accused of not supporting our new music from this era (67-73) and just wanting to play our hits. That's complete b.s......I was also, as the front man, the one promoting these songs onstage and have the scars to show for it."
Mike Love autobiography (pg 242-243)
Aegir
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2007, 07:12:14 PM »

I can't believe Lucky Old Sun was referred to as a followup to GIOMH.

Every time you spell Smile as SMiLE, an angel's wings are forcibly torn off its body.
49ersphil
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2007, 11:20:09 AM »

I can't believe Lucky Old Sun was referred to as a followup to GIOMH.

Do ya suppose anybody read that and thought to themselves "Oh yeah, I liked that one. Must buy the new one?"
 LOL

Close your eyes and lean back and listen to wind chimes
the captain
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2007, 11:37:10 AM »

Do ya suppose anybody read that and thought to themselves "Oh yeah, I liked that one. Must buy the new one?"
 LOL

Honestly, yeah. If there's one thing I've learned from this and other similar boards about music fans, it's that there are all kinds out there.

Demon-Fighting Genius; Patronizing Twaddler; Argumentative, Sanctimonious Prick; Sensationalist Dullard; and Douche who (occasionally to rarely) puts songs here.

No interest in your assorted grudges and nonsense.
Daniel S.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2007, 01:45:21 PM »

There are a lot of wackos on the MIU album section of this board. I bet they'd be ecstatic if he took MIU or L.A. on the road to perform in its entirety.

Let us all stay teenage gamblers listening to the radio.
the captain
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2007, 01:47:40 PM »

I bet they'd be ecstatic if he took MIU or L.A. on the road to perform in its entirety.

But Brian's probably never heard either one yet...

Demon-Fighting Genius; Patronizing Twaddler; Argumentative, Sanctimonious Prick; Sensationalist Dullard; and Douche who (occasionally to rarely) puts songs here.

No interest in your assorted grudges and nonsense.
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx