gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
681081 Posts in 27629 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims May 22, 2024, 06:01:44 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 Go Down Print
Author Topic: New album project incorrectly described in online article.  (Read 49185 times)
Alan Smith
Smiley Smile Associate

I'm still here bitches and I know everything. –A

View Profile
« Reply #100 on: January 04, 2015, 10:33:01 PM »

Al Jardine spills the beans its a non-starter! LOL
+1.That's exactly what I'm holding out for LOL

ESQ - Subscribe Now!!!

A new Beach Boys forum is here! http://beachboys.boards.net/
shelter
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #101 on: January 05, 2015, 12:47:39 AM »

The fact that Mike lost that lawsuit over a disc that was labeled as "the Beach Boys' Brian Wilson" would mean he's allowed to release an album under "the Beach Boys' Mike Love," so he would be permitted to mention that association in some way.  That Daily Mail Brian Wilson CD also included photos of the original Beach Boys on the cover, including Mike.  So, presumably Mike is legally allowed to include photos of the original Beach Boys on any CD cover, including pictures of Brian. Even without Brian being on the recording or Brian's permission. 

I'm no expert when it comes to legal issues, but there's probably a difference between what you can get away with on a UK only freebie, and a commercial worldwide release.
Lonely Summer
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #102 on: January 05, 2015, 12:52:36 AM »

First thing I thought when I saw this topic was "Mike is finally going to do that followup to SIP he mentioned back in 1993, 'Masterpiece'."
phirnis
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #103 on: January 05, 2015, 01:20:29 AM »

The follow-up to SIP was going to be called Masterpiece?! Seriously, WTF... LOL
Cam Mott
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #104 on: January 05, 2015, 05:01:59 AM »

I still don't see where it means just M & B making an album.

If you were going to have a C55 album and tour now would be when you were planning it wouldn't it?

"Bring me the head of Carmen Sandiego" Lynne "The Chief" Thigpen
filledeplage
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #105 on: January 05, 2015, 05:32:29 AM »

Full Access Magazine and posted by ESQ, "...Following their tour state-side and a tour overseas in 2015, fans can expect The Beach Boys to put forth a new album in 2017."

Plain language looks to me that there will be an album in 2017 by The Beach Boys.  I'm not seeing anything vague or unclear (as long as the source is credible, and ESQ seems to be that) and it surely appears to be  an announcement.  

Sounds good to me!  Wink
« Last Edit: January 05, 2015, 05:50:04 AM by filledeplage » Logged
The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« Reply #106 on: January 05, 2015, 05:56:05 AM »

Full Access Magazine and posted by ESQ, "...Following their tour state-side and a tour overseas in 2015, fans can expect The Beach Boys to put forth a new album in 2017."

Plain language looks to me that there will be an album in 2017 by The Beach Boys.  I'm not seeing anything vague or unclear (as long as the source is credible, and ESQ seems to be that) and it surely appears to be  an announcement. 

Sounds good to me!  Wink

The implication being therefore that here will also be a full line-up tour before the album's release.

Planet Beach Boy is surely in alignment with Jupiter, Hersheys and Skaro right now…

“We live in divisive times.”
filledeplage
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #107 on: January 05, 2015, 06:15:08 AM »

Plain language looks to me that there will be an album in 2017 by The Beach Boys.  I'm not seeing anything vague or unclear (as long as the source is credible, and ESQ seems to be that) and it surely appears to be  an announcement. 

Sounds good to me!  Wink

The implication being therefore that here will also be a full line-up tour before the album's release.

Planet Beach Boy is surely in alignment with Jupiter, Hersheys and Skaro right now…
The "implication" is beyond the statement.  The statement is clear (as long as it is credible) but a studio offering doesn't necessarily mean a contemporaneous tour (although we'd surely love it!)  LOL
Please delete my account
Smiley Smile Associate

Please delete my account

View Profile
« Reply #108 on: January 05, 2015, 06:39:18 AM »

In any case this is terrible journalism. The writer has either misunderstood what was said, or she has been handed a massive scoop to which she has failed to make the necessary follow-up questions, and has hidden it away in the middle of article.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2015, 07:12:20 AM by unreleased backgrounds » Logged

Please delete my account
filledeplage
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #109 on: January 05, 2015, 06:56:58 AM »

In any case this is terrible journalism. The writer has either misunderstood what was said, or she has been handed a massive scoop to which she has failed to make the necessary follow-up questions, and has hidden away in the middle of article.
Has it been officially rebutted?
rab2591
Smiley Smile Associate

"My God. It's full of stars."

View Profile
« Reply #110 on: January 05, 2015, 07:02:10 AM »

In any case this is terrible journalism. The writer has either misunderstood what was said, or she has been handed a massive scoop to which she has failed to make the necessary follow-up questions, and has hidden away in the middle of article.

Agreed. There's also the possibility that there were follow up questions, but Mike had nothing to add...Perhaps Kittykat is right and this is some "challenge", a last ditch effort for Mike to get the real talent back in The Beach Boys (if this is the case then no doubt information about the project would be scarce or non-existent).

Brian is always talking about recording a rock-n-roll record, right? One with covers and originals? Maybe Mike is trying to woo Brian back by subtly saying "Hey, we're up for recording Pleasure Island...you interested, Brian?"
« Last Edit: January 05, 2015, 07:03:59 AM by rab2591 » Logged

Bill Tobelman's SMiLE site

God must’ve smiled the day Brian Wilson was born!

"ragegasm" - /rāj • ga-zəm/ : a logical mental response produced when your favorite band becomes remotely associated with the bro-country genre.

Ever want to hear some Beach Boys songs mashed up together like The Beatles' 'LOVE' album? Check out my mix!
Please delete my account
Smiley Smile Associate

Please delete my account

View Profile
« Reply #111 on: January 05, 2015, 07:15:03 AM »

Not as far as I know but my point is that even if the information is true it has been carelessly conveyed.

Please delete my account
urbanite
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #112 on: January 05, 2015, 07:22:29 AM »

The new album will be recorded and released after the movie, new BW album and new BW tour are over?   Seems strange that men in their 70's will wait 2 years to record and release an album.
filledeplage
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #113 on: January 05, 2015, 07:23:58 AM »

Not as far as I know but my point is that even if the information is true it has been carelessly conveyed.
Well, I'm not "shooting the messenger." 

ESQ tends to have cred.  Wink
job
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #114 on: January 05, 2015, 07:28:48 AM »

SIP II...yeah baby!!!!!!!
Please delete my account
Smiley Smile Associate

Please delete my account

View Profile
« Reply #115 on: January 05, 2015, 07:32:06 AM »

ESQ's credibility doesn't come into it. David Beard makes no comment on the story's accuracy, he has simply passed it onto us for what it is worth. Well done to him for spotting the crucial nugget of information that the original writer so carelessly tossed away.

Please delete my account
filledeplage
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #116 on: January 05, 2015, 07:36:49 AM »

ESQ's credibility doesn't come into it. David Beard makes no comment on the story's accuracy, he has simply passed it onto us for what it is worth. Well done to him for spotting the crucial nugget of information that the original writer so carelessly tossed away.
Time will tell.  Wink
job
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #117 on: January 05, 2015, 07:41:13 AM »

The greatest thing about this thread is that AGD once again proved that he is the Cliff Claven of the board...constantly prattling on with inaccurate info.
Quincy
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #118 on: January 05, 2015, 07:46:14 AM »

The greatest thing about this thread is that AGD once again proved that he is the Cliff Claven of the board...constantly prattling on with inaccurate info.
LOL
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #119 on: January 05, 2015, 07:46:42 AM »

M&B can only use the BBs name for touring. This is just Mike talking out of his ass again and saying something really stupid. You are a sick man for wanting SIP part two. Shocked

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
filledeplage
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #120 on: January 05, 2015, 07:49:05 AM »

M&B can only use the BBs name for touring. This is just Mike talking out of his ass again and saying something really stupid. You are a sick man for wanting SIP part two. Shocked
Are you sure?
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #121 on: January 05, 2015, 07:54:38 AM »

AGD has the answer http://smileysmile.net/board/index.php/topic,19513.msg491447.html#msg491447

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
filledeplage
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #122 on: January 05, 2015, 07:58:54 AM »

No, that isn't the answer.

We know (generally) the parameters of the Touring Band. Andrew has provided that info. That is credible.

The issue is the announcement of a 2017 album.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2015, 07:59:51 AM by filledeplage » Logged
Mendota Heights
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #123 on: January 05, 2015, 08:20:08 AM »

The new album will be called Take One Last Sip.

I have been dubbed Mr. Pet Sounds and Mr. Country Love by polite and honored board member Smile Brian. I hope I live up to those esteemed titles.
bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #124 on: January 05, 2015, 08:22:20 AM »

No, that isn't the answer.

We know (generally) the parameters of the Touring Band. Andrew has provided that info. That is credible.

The issue is the announcement of a 2017 album.

Don't be so obtuse

Nothing I post is my opinion, it's all a message from God
gfx
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx