gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
681063 Posts in 27629 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims May 19, 2024, 10:15:43 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Kevin Thow & SU....John Morton & GV  (Read 1245 times)
rn57
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: November 13, 2012, 04:57:29 PM »

Well - hard to figure if this is worth a thread, but just in case...

Brian's Twitter feed just posted a link to a video a fellow named Kevin Thow did that went on Youtube some months back. In it, he tries to re-create Surf's Up with his guitar, what's on his laptop, Garage Band, and a few odds and ends he says he found online.  I haven't listened to it all the way thru so will withhold judgement.

But what caught my eye was a comment I saw attached to the Tweet as posted on Facebook. It was from one John Morton. "You probably don't remember me Brian," it began, and I thought that it was going to be another of those stories connected to a gig or running into Brian at the Omaha Steaks warehouse or wherever he gets his beef. But this time, such was not the case.

Morton stated that, long ago, in a universe etc, he was hitchhiking with his girlfriend when Brian picked them up. As it happened, he was on his way to the studio to work on GV, and asked the hitchers if they'd like to come along.  They did, and when it came time for the tapes to roll, Brian handed Morton a tambourine.

No telling which of the GV sessions this might have been, and I have the distinct feeling this guy's name is on no sheets, but mayhap somebody may care to message him at FB and see if he has a funny story or two to tell...maybe even one that might pinpoint when it happened.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2012, 05:08:58 PM by rn57 » Logged
Cabinessenceking
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2012, 02:50:03 AM »

Brian lived in Bevery Hills at that time right? I thought hitch hiking was a rural thing
rn57
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2012, 08:15:11 AM »

In the days when vaguely drawn vagrancy laws were on the books that made it possible to arrest people just for hitchhiking, the paradoxical thing is that there were far more hitchhikers in America than there are now, and they were all over the place. Plenty of the clubgoers on the Sunset Strip in those days hitched there and hitched their way home or wherever they were crashing. That part of John Morton's story sounds quite plausible.
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx