gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680987 Posts in 27625 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims May 12, 2024, 07:00:23 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: SMiLE Bootlegs Source  (Read 907 times)
Iron Horse-Apples
« on: November 06, 2011, 02:26:25 PM »

I'm wondering how the bootleggers got hold of some of the material supposedly locked in a vault. I'm thinking of the really bad quality stuff, like H&V sessions vol 2 , and SMilE Bits and Pieces. Copies of copies of copies by the sound of it, but what (who) was the source?
Jason
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2011, 02:51:54 PM »

Definitely a case of copies of copies etc., but the alleged source had to have been someone with all kinds of access to both the Brother and Capitol vaults. Trouble is, of course, the fact that the vaults don't have any kind of recorder, which means that one was either smuggled in (highly doubtful) or the tapes in question were removed (logical) and (sometimes) replaced after dubbing.

The other alternative is that tapes or dubs were in the possession of someone who already had the access and that is how they became bootlegs; for example, the Time To Get Alone bootleg is allegedly sourced from tape copies made on a 2-track slave recorder during the sessions for Chuck Britz's and Brian's reference; I'm not saying Chuck was the source and don't even think he would have done such a thing.
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx