gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680877 Posts in 27617 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims May 01, 2024, 02:18:07 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 ... 79 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Stephen Desper Thread  (Read 724658 times)
Stephen W. Desper
Honored Guest

Maintain Dynamics - Keep Peaks below 100%

View Profile WWW
« Reply #275 on: February 02, 2006, 07:30:14 PM »

I'm pretty sure it saves the actual picture and not the address to the host for it.

Mr Desper,

At times i'll have a lot of trouble with my self-confidence while recording a song. I do believe I have decent enough equipment to attain decent recordings so I can assume it's just my perceptions of the recording not being "as good" as it "could be". I'm wondering if you've ever been dissatisfied with any recordings you've done? Also were there ever a time when any Beach Boy, or the whole group together felt that something could've been recorded better, sung better, or played better?

I've read about Brian disliking his voice on "Let Him Run Wild", and he being ticked off about the chorus in "California Girls" sung slightly off beat, but i'm more interested in the days of which you spent with the group.
Isn't that the driving force behind progress?  Our dissatisfaction with the present?  Of course who hasn't been displeased with their performance -- that is why there is a "backspace" key on your keyboard, a rewind key on your tape recorder, and an eraser at the end of your pencil.  We all strive to do better than we did the last time -- we push ourselves. Take one, Take two, Take three, Take four, Take five.  Who gets it on the first take?  Very few.  Then there is LIVE.  No rewind at a concert or for that matter in life.

Perhaps this is an occation to reprint something I wrote to someone else a time ago about this topic:

FROM  THE ESSAY ARCHIVES:

Engineering and the Art of Life, by Stephen Desper

Comment to Bob Hanes & Mitchell -

Thank you for taking the time to send your kind words.

Upon further reflection, I'll tell you what works for me. Maybe it will give you a few more pointers.

I learned early on not to say no. If you think you might be able to do some task when asked, say YES. Opportunity only comes knocking as long as it is not turned away.

Several examples from my past. When a student in High School my coach, knowing me not to be much of an athlete, asked me if I could make the football field sound system better for Friday night school games. Now I had never actually installed a PA system before, but I knew about them, how they worked, and a few basics - so I said YES. I got to work in the school library doing research, went to the downtown library for more in-depth knowledge. I went on weekends and after school. I wrote (via a manual typewriter) to manufactures and got spec sheets and helpful tips or "how to do it yourself" material from certain manufactures. I assembled a parts list. I got some of my fellow nerds to help me with labor. I submitted a proposal to the coach and won approval to buy what I needed. We worked after school and installed everything - it worked great and pleased all concerned. Why? Because I said YES, dug in and applied myself. Remained Positive. Ask for help when I did not understand something. And, of course, had a wise teacher/coach.

When my parents built a house in Florida we wanted a Hi-Fi system in the house. I wanted to build a (then) new stereo system - not many of those were known at the time. They said YES and I said YES. They gave me a budget and I built all the components from kits - Heathkits and Dynaco Kits. Thus saving money to spend on better speakers. That was over 40 years ago, and that all-tube system is still working and sounding as good as anything today. Plays records, reel-to-reel tapes and I later added a CD player. Today the equipment is considered "vintage" and some components are fetching thousands of dollars. Again I wrote to manufactures and read lots of articles on Hi-Fi. I had to work hard to do it right but the investment in time paid off with many years of good music reproduction for our family.

When I entered the Army into a motion picture making unit of the Signal Corps, I chance came along for me to operate a movie sound recorder. I had never seen one in person; only in books. The Captain asked me if I could operate the unit and I said YES. During a smoke break I reviewed the manual. I, more or less, bulls--ted my way along, but I did make it work. For the next three years of duty I traveled around Europe making movies for Uncle Sam. I took advantage of the opportunity when it was presented.

While working as a lowly tape machine operator at MGM the opportunity came along one summer to help with a sound system for some group called The Beach Boys. I knew little about them or their music. I liked classical. I was about a far away from Surf Music as you could get. But I said YES. I bought some of their records and did a crash listening session one weekend. I found I liked the music. I went on tour. One day the opportunity came for me to mix a concert. I said YES. I had never done that before but I took advantage of the opportunity. Soon I was asked if I could design a half-million dollar touring system. I had never done anything like that since that simple system in High School. But I said YES. Again I researched and studied all I could find out about this area, found an equipment builder (Quad-Eight) who also, of all the ones I interviewed for the job was the only one that kept saying YES. They got the contract. One day Carl asked me if I thought I could handle a recording session. I said YES even though I had never run a mixing board before. When opportunity knocks like this, you best not say no or you will never get anywhere. With Carl's help I did OK. OK enough to be called again and again. I remember not knowing what the hell everyone meant by this term "ping-ponging." I was desperate to find out but afraid to ask such a basic question. Finally a few days later, I overheard some discussion and figured it out. Wow that was close, but I got the answer just in time. Things work out to those who believe.

More recently I needed a lot of capital to start a company to manufacture my invention. Big money. Someone said, lets borrow it from the public - let's go public on NASDAQ. I thought, me? A corporate executive? But I said OK and we did start the company and made money for us and for some investors. Like anything in the stock market some investors lose to the ones that make profit so there are always winners and losers, but many people in on the ground floor made millions of dollars - and the invention went on to be sell 40 million chips.

So first of all don't doubt yourself or your ability. A famous architect was once asked what was the most difficult part of designing a building. His response - getting the contract. So when the contract is presented, take it! If there is any change you believe you can pull it off - say YES. Expect hard work. Then do the hard work. This idea that you can excel to great heights in some profession without hard work is a Hollywood movie script. It only happens in your dreams. Life is hard.

Never stop learning. Don't become complacent. Technology, knowledge, and developments move along at an incredible pace. Keep up with your knowledge. Build on what you know with what you can know. As they say, the more you learn the more you find out you need to learn more. Therefore it is important to...

Follow your bliss. Get into a field of work that you enjoy. Otherwise you will spend all your life waiting to retire away from a job you hate. That's a stupid way to life your life, so whatever you like to do - do it. I did, and I know that if I ever had to "go to work" I'd rather die. My work has been like play all the time. Not because it's the entertainment business. The same principle holds true for any endeavor. Every profession, cooking, cleaning, medical, teaching, candlestick making - all have their experts, people on top of the situation.

Don't be afraid to ask for help and guidance. You will be surprise how willing people are to help. If you don't understand something, ask your fellow student, teacher, manager, fellow worker, or friends for help. Humble yourself. Be proud of work but not boisterous. Always respect the other fellow's point of view - even if you don't understand or agree. On the other side of the coin, always help when asked. It is most rewarding. Remember we are all in this thing we call "life" together. Most of us are just keeping our heads above the water.

Therefore, be kind to people. You never know how many problems the next guy may be dealing with. A few kind words will go a long way to ease the other person's load. Smile at people and smile back at those who smile. Don't be too quick to admonish or criticize. Be gentle if you need to correct.

If you are wronged, forgive and forget. Holding grudges gets you nowhere.

And above all, express gratitude. Be thankful for what you have and express that gratitude to God in prayer, to your teachers, to your parents, to your friends, and to yourself. Keep a constant mental vigil that you do not become victim to excessive complaining or envy of the other person's possessions or position. Be grateful for what you have. As the truism says, I once complained because I had no shoes, until I met a man who had no legs. Try to see as many God-like qualities in all those you meet and in the things you create as you can.

It has worked for me. Hope this helps, ~Stephen W. Desper

Stephen W. Desper
Honored Guest

View Profile WWW
« Reply #276 on: February 02, 2006, 07:34:29 PM »

For those who wanna know: I've found out that the tune Sail On Sailor is in perfect pitch, like f.e. A=440
As history tells it , I believe it was the only song completely recorded in the USA, unlike the rest, in Holland.

All the other songs of the album are slightly lower in pitch ( I cannot play along with it, on a normal tuned piano)
Undoubtedly the pitch change is due to the electricity frequency standards between Europe and USA.  Especially if voltage convertors were used by Mofet at the studio in Holland. Also there is a difference in international A frequency used in studios for tuning the piano and in concert work.  But I think it was probubly something to do with the mains frequency. ~swd
Stephen W. Desper
Honored Guest

View Profile WWW
« Reply #277 on: February 02, 2006, 07:53:11 PM »

Steven this has been discussed a few times before and speculated on, but can you offer any insights as to why Brian didn't sing lead on "A Day In The Life of a Tree"?  Most of us figure that it was just too personal and sad for him to want to go anywhere near it.  I'd be really curious to hear any thoughts you may have.  Thanks!
No he was not sad.  Rather he was very into the song.  His production meetings concerning 'tree were some of the most intensive and meaningful of any.  He had his ideas about the song and what he wanted it to evoke in the llstener.  All the guys tried to sing parts of it including  Brian, but he was looking for something else -- some other feel.  He even had his upstairs maid try out for the lead. When Jack reluctently tried out the part at Brian's insistance, Brian felt the amature, shaky and untrained vocal Jack sang was more in keeping with the theme of the song, so he continued to work with Jack all through the song.  Van Dike happened by one day and also got pulled into singing.  You can read more about this song in my book and in the archives.  I wrote extensivily about this song on Susan's old thread, but her webmaster trashed over 150 pages of comments by me.  I've still got them but they are in some code form (that excaped a virus) that I don't know how to undue.  So all those pages are locked in a file waiting on the day that I learn how to decode them. I wrote a lot when my memory was sharper.   ~swd 
Stephen W. Desper
Honored Guest

View Profile WWW
« Reply #278 on: February 02, 2006, 07:55:53 PM »

He and I both stated how Blondie had pulled off such a Carl-like sounding vocal, even to the pronunciation of the words.  But he assured me it was Blondie.  Some of the tracks were from before but the lead was re-sung.  So, that ends that debate -- at least in my head.[/b]  ~swd

Mr. Desper,

Have you closely compared your vocal only track and the Holland "Sail On Sailor" track? I have a hard time hearing "Carl" in the official release, to me it sounds unmistakingly like a Blondie lead. Furthermore, if you were out of the picture when the Blondie lead was recorded after the band returned from Holland, how could you have access to a vocals only mix?

Surely, it's way possible that 1. I don't know squat about Carl's and Blondie's voices and 2. You werent working with the Beach Boys anymore but you could have been given the vocals only mix of Sail on Sailor by Carl as a gift in 1973.

I apologize If I'm bothering you with a subject that's already closed.
I've done all that.  I even played the tracks for some of the people who post here.  It remains a puzzle.  The tape is from before Holland. I guess Blondie just emulated Carls original lead after the fact. ~swd
I. Spaceman
Smiley Smile Associate

Revolution Never Again

View Profile
« Reply #279 on: February 02, 2006, 07:57:53 PM »

Great, great stuff Stephen.
Are there any really cool Al Jardine anecdotes you could share offhand? No one seems to talk about him much, and he seems like a pretty cool head to me.
Thanks in advance!

Nobody gives a sh*t about the Record Room
Reverend Joshua Sloane
Smiley Smile Associate

Since I cannot rouse heaven I intend to raise hell

View Profile
« Reply #280 on: February 02, 2006, 08:22:30 PM »

Isn't that the driving force behind progress?  Our dissatisfaction with the present?  Of course who hasn't been displeased with their performance -- that is why there is a "backspace" key on your keyboard, a rewind key on your tape recorder, and an eraser at the end of your pencil.  We all strive to do better than we did the last time -- we push ourselves. Take one, Take two, Take three, Take four, Take five.  Who gets it on the first take?  Very few.  Then there is LIVE.  No rewind at a concert or for that matter in life.

Thank you for the reply. I've read the essay you posted many times as well and it has been a great source of inspiration to me.

Did it ever occur to you, Cable, how wise and bountiful God was to put breasts on a woman? Just the right number in just the right place. Did you ever notice that, Cable?
Chris Brown
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #281 on: February 02, 2006, 08:43:48 PM »

Thank you very much for the reply Steven!  Very interesting that Brian really thought Jack's voice was best for the song...I can hear his production touch all over it but I really thought the weight of the song was the reason he didn't sing it.  Tree is one of my favorites so I appreciate the info!
Stephen W. Desper
Honored Guest

View Profile WWW
« Reply #282 on: February 02, 2006, 08:53:44 PM »

Hi Mr Desper,

I got two questions which I hope haven't been asked before.
First, I know many BBs-fans who ould like to know if that "sex sound" on the coda to "All I want to do" from 20/20 was a fake or real. Normally I would say "fake", but ith Dennis nothing seems so sure I believe...
And second, how came that you and the BBs used this radically different sound on Sunflower compared to the album before (20/20) ? Sunflower sounds like from another world compared to the "old class"-sound of 20/20. Had it anything to do with the change to Warner?

20/20 was cut in various studio around the world.  Starting with Sunflower, was cut in one studio at the house where I had complete control and much time.  Thus two production values can be heard.

I wrote a complete story about the f--k sound at the ending of All I Want To Do. That writing was one of those lost from Susan's old website.  So I'll retell the story -- AND YOU GUYS OWE ME ONE!  :D

I still have the isolated 1/4 stereo 15 IPS segment of that part.  Do it again is about a repeat climax!  All I Wanna Do is about . . . Dennis liked sex, what can I say.

One afternoon, if I remember correctly -- yes, that's right because I remember it was still daylight outside -- we were adding some parts to the song, Do It Again.  We were booked into Capitol studio one or two. Don't remember which one but they are both very large rooms and Sanatra amoung others have recorded whole albums in that studio.  The control room has a large window that looks out into the studio but the control room is not as spacious as others. We were booked into this large studio because it was the only one available that day.  I think all we were doing was adding a guitar part.  It was Denny's session and he and I were the only ones there -- along with the token Capitol union engineer. We finished sweetening the song with the guitar but had some time left on our booking.  Dennis had an idea for the end of All I Wanna Do (or maybe he was just horny). He pulled me off to the side and told me what he had in mind. Now the equipment doors -- double sound doors -- opened to the parking lot or street outside the Capitol tower from this studio, so you could get to the street and bypass the normal security guards at the entance to the tower.  So Dennis' idea was that he wanted to add some sex sounds to the end of 'wanna do and fade out with them.  (Sounds like a ploy to get some afternoon delight huh?)  So as Dennis slipped out the equipment doors I began to arrange for his plan.  There were plenty of hookers (this is pre-AIDS) a block away on Hollywood Blvd and further down on the Sunset strip from the tower -- an easy walk in the afternoon California sun.  So off he went.  In the meantime I mounted the multi-track for 'wanna do. Then I got a large violiin raiser that was about two feet off the floor and six feet by eight feet, carpeted, and put it in the center of the studio.  I got several acoustic padding blankets and spread them over the riser to give some softness to the carpet.  I moved two Neuman U67 condenser mics, mounted on long booms, positioned to hover over the riser.  I moved the mikes horizontal or parallell to the floor and about 30 inches above the riser.  I got two sets of headphones. Then I got another violin riser and upended it so that it was blocking the view from the control room of the "action" riser.  In about half an hour the door cracked open and in came Dennis with a girl -- nice looking too!!  Obviously they had come to some pre-arrangement because they both were undressing as I moved back into the control room.  So from now on I'm running the session blind.  We decided to just play the song over the headphones from the beginning and record from the top. To later edit out the best sounds and then wild-track them back into the song at the end.  So I ask Dennis to give me some levels.  He groaned for me. OK. We started the song, and he started his task.  All in time to the beat.  That was the whole idea -- or hole idea --  Smiley  As the song progressed, so did Dennis' action and responses.  What a ham!  Fairly soon, I noticed that visitors were stopping by the control room.  Soon there were many executives at this Beach Boy session -- word was spreading quickly throughout the tower. The song ended and I ask the common question of the performer, "Was that good for you?"  Trying to maintain a somewhat professional composure, Dennis said it was, especially the last part.  I replied, ya it seemed to get more animated toward the end. To which he said that he wanted to overdub a second pass.  So before I could get the tape backed up Dennis and friend were already starting. This time he heard the song with his first take coming back into the headphone mix to give a little encouragement to the second passes performance. As soon as the music started he got right into the beat -- drummer you know! Again played the entire song until reaching the end, this time he was satisfied.  After some hasty dressing, Dennis came out from around the riser.  The girl did not stay and left the way she came -- came into the studio that is.  Actually I think she was a little embarressed as I asked her to sign a release -- didn't want a lawsuit later.  Then Dennis came into the control room to a round of applause -- dirty old men -- and we listened to a mix with both tracks included -- isolating just the f--k tracks from time to time.  I don't think you get to hear this type of activity in an acoustic enviornment with Neuman's capturing every nuance of detail in real up close sound stereo, very often.  It was quite a thing to hear and it was all on two seperate stereo tracks.  Then we found the parts he liked and edited it to the right length.  Wild tracking it into the multi-track reqired that you start the seperate tracks at just the right time so the beats line up.  It took a few tries but we got it and you hear it at the end of All I Want To Do as Dennis really is Doing It Again. 

Good Listening, ~Stephen W. Desper   

« Last Edit: February 03, 2006, 08:57:57 AM by Stephen W. Desper » Logged
Stephen W. Desper
Honored Guest

View Profile WWW
« Reply #283 on: February 02, 2006, 09:06:28 PM »

Thank you very much for the reply Steven!  Very interesting that Brian really thought Jack's voice was best for the song...I can hear his production touch all over it but I really thought the weight of the song was the reason he didn't sing it.  Tree is one of my favorites so I appreciate the info!
I agree. I think 'tree is very undervalued by most -- I guess because it has no BB voices.  It was like a little story production for Brian. In fact that is how we outlined the production of the song, using storyboards for each segment.  I wish someone would put animation to it.  Brian was quite enviornmentally concerned when he wrote it. While everyone was discussing the loss of forests, aged oak trees, and the needless consuption of paper for so many things, Brian took the position of the tree itself and told this story from the tree's perspective. How imaginative!  We must have talked two hours about his feelings for the various parts of the song and what he wanted the sound of the song to convay.  If you read about it in my book you will understand more.  And, by the way, it was a very expensive song to produce.  Several special instruments were rented at great costs.  ~swd
Charles LePage @ ComicList
Chairman Of The Board

Hit me with your pet shark.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #284 on: February 02, 2006, 09:36:14 PM »

http://smileysmile.net/, click on "Desper"

It's the beginning of a long process, enjoy the evolution.

"quiet here, no one got crap to say?" - bringahorseinhere
LaurieBiagini
Smiley Smile Newbie

Songwriter/Singer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #285 on: February 02, 2006, 10:33:15 PM »

Thank-you for the "Do It Again" story, Stephen.  :D

Check out my music on my website: http://www.myspace.com/lauriebiaginimusic
mike thornton
« Reply #286 on: February 02, 2006, 11:02:53 PM »

as a musician who never tires of people commenting on my work, good or bad,  Wink i must say stephen that you're a true original and a vibrant asset to the human community.
Susan
Honored Guest

View Profile
« Reply #287 on: February 03, 2006, 03:13:29 AM »

I've read this story before, and it always makes me laugh.  As an English teacher, i must compliment you on your use of detail, Stephen - Neuman U67 condensor mics, not just "microphones!"
;-)

All of My Dad's Truck's on-line tracks all in one place!
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

"Too dumb for New York City, too ugly for L.A."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #288 on: February 03, 2006, 04:11:01 AM »

Yeah, thanks Mr Desper. You really got into detail. I didn't expect this, but I'm very grateful for that.
And you're right, we owe you one.....

a diseased bunch of mo'fos if there ever was one… their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons.

- Lester Bangs on The Beach Boys

PRO SHOT BEACH BOYS CONCERTS - LIST

To sum it up, they blew it, they blew it consistently, they continue to blow it, it is tragic and this pathological problem caused The Beach Boys' greatest music to be so underrated by the general public.

- Jack Rieley
Roger Ryan
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #289 on: February 03, 2006, 06:31:04 AM »

Thanks Mr. Desper - that was certainly the full "widescreen - surround sound" version of the special Dennis session story! Just for accuracy's sake (and so some don't think that Dennis' sexual escapades involved hammers and saws!), this session was for the tag to "All I Want To Do", not "Do It Again" (despite Dennis' repeat performance).
Stephen W. Desper
Honored Guest

View Profile WWW
« Reply #290 on: February 03, 2006, 06:42:41 AM »

Thanks Mr. Desper - that was certainly the full "widescreen - surround sound" version of the special Dennis session story! Just for accuracy's sake (and so some don't think that Dennis' sexual escapades involved hammers and saws!), this session was for the tag to "All I Want To Do", not "Do It Again" (despite Dennis' repeat performance).
Literary License?  or my mental awareness at two in the morning.  I've got to stop those early morning postings.  Made approprate changes -- thanks. ~swd
« Last Edit: February 03, 2006, 08:51:41 AM by Stephen W. Desper » Logged
Jonas
Smiley Smile Associate

I've got the Beach Boys, my friends got the Stones

View Profile
« Reply #291 on: February 03, 2006, 08:02:27 AM »

ive been listening to Do it Again all morning and wondering where the hell the 'lovin' was...i was thinkin dennis must have been into a dominatrix or something, haha

We would like to record under an atmosphere of calmness. - Brian Wilson
--
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g1IgXT3xFdU
Big Bri
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #292 on: February 03, 2006, 10:06:56 AM »

Stephen,
  Click on this:  http://www.martylog.com/films/   
  Marty White DID animate "Tree" and did a remarkable job as well.
 Or,go on the "Day In The Life Of A Tree short film" on the
  General Topic Thread.
Happy viewing & listening!!  You'll love it Steve.
Bri
c-man
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #293 on: February 03, 2006, 10:25:52 AM »

<<ive been listening to Do it Again all morning and wondering where the hell the 'lovin' was...i was thinkin dennis must have been into a dominatrix or something, haha>>

I think it's really "All I Want To Do", from the same album...
listen to the fadeout...
Reverend Joshua Sloane
Smiley Smile Associate

Since I cannot rouse heaven I intend to raise hell

View Profile
« Reply #294 on: February 03, 2006, 03:53:49 PM »

ive been listening to Do it Again all morning and wondering where the hell the 'lovin' was...i was thinkin dennis must have been into a dominatrix or something, haha

Haha!

Did it ever occur to you, Cable, how wise and bountiful God was to put breasts on a woman? Just the right number in just the right place. Did you ever notice that, Cable?
Aegir
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #295 on: February 03, 2006, 04:10:33 PM »

Actually, you can hear someone yelp during the Workshop sequence at 2:18..

Every time you spell Smile as SMiLE, an angel's wings are forcibly torn off its body.
Jonas
Smiley Smile Associate

I've got the Beach Boys, my friends got the Stones

View Profile
« Reply #296 on: February 03, 2006, 04:35:22 PM »

Actually, you can hear someone yelp during the Workshop sequence at 2:18..

That was my first clue! lol...but then after Roger Ryan's post I got to listen to the real deal Wink

We would like to record under an atmosphere of calmness. - Brian Wilson
--
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g1IgXT3xFdU
Susan
Honored Guest

View Profile
« Reply #297 on: February 05, 2006, 03:42:39 PM »

Thanks to Dan Lega for supplying them, and Andrew Gladwin for posting them, we've got more Desper archives over at Cabinessence.net: 
http://www.surfermoon.com/essays/desperarchive2.html

All of My Dad's Truck's on-line tracks all in one place!
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #298 on: February 06, 2006, 08:21:13 PM »

st for accuracy's sake (and so some don't think that Dennis' sexual escapades involved hammers and saws!)

Yikes...what if it HAD?  Shocked

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
Dan Lega
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #299 on: February 07, 2006, 07:22:21 AM »

Thanks to Dan Lega for supplying them, and Andrew Gladwin for posting them, we've got more Desper archives over at Cabinessence.net: 
http://www.surfermoon.com/essays/desperarchive2.html

It's not much that I had to offer, but I guess every little bit helps.  You'll find the new posts are near the end of the archive, in November 2002, and then the very last couple of posts, which are in December.

Love and merci,   Dan Lega
gfx
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 ... 79 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx