gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680984 Posts in 27625 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims May 11, 2024, 09:39:42 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Beach Boys On Simpsons  (Read 8015 times)
Amanda Hart
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 02, 2014, 08:18:49 AM »

All Summer Long was my favorite use of a BB song on the Simpsons.. I don't remember Good Vibes though, anyone know what episode that was? I know "ASL" was on the ending of the season finale episode of season 7, way back in 1996.. I loved the use of it there, since the episode was about a summer beach house.

They used All Summer Long as a reference to American Graffiti. The Simpsons used to do marvelous movie send ups. The way they treat pop culture subjects then vs. now is one of the reasons the show has lost so much, although the biggest reason, I think, is the inconsistencies in the characters and their relationships. I don't think there's anyway to maintain the integrity of television characters over that long a span.

What I don't understand is why the Simpsons which is way past it's prime is still going and Futurama, which is a far better show now, gets cancelled?!

It was Futurama's time too. The movies and the new run on Comedy Center had some good moments, but it just wasn't the same. Maybe if they never got cancelled on Fox in the first place it would be a different story, but Fox never gave them a chance. How many successful shows have run at 7:00pm EST? When Futurama was good, it was goooood. Seasons 2 and 3, not a dog in the bunch.
gfx
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx