gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680988 Posts in 27625 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims May 12, 2024, 08:20:15 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Show 48: Scotiabank Saddledome - Calgary, AB 7/11/12  (Read 30974 times)
SIP.FLAC
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 11, 2012, 10:48:32 PM »

Other things of note:
-You had to be listening for it, but Brian's piano was audible. Especially during Do It Again. Al's guitar was audible, but I only noticed it when he played a few leads on Sail On Sailor.
-When given the bass for Barbra Ann, Brian shook his head, pulled out a fretless and played Jaco Pastorius's entire discography.

Youre not allowed to have a picture in your signature so imagine this : Tony Montana shooting a machine gun (his little friend), but the face is actually Mike Love haha.
Generation42
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 11, 2012, 10:59:34 PM »

The Birthday Concert really is something, huh?
Ron
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 11, 2012, 11:05:18 PM »

As recently as maybe "What I Really Want For Christmas", Brian was saying matter of factly in interviews that his favorite album was Love You.  You'd think one of those songs would pop up everyonce in a while, especially Mona!  It's such a fanboy favorite, you'd think he'd do it.  You'd think one of the band members (other than Jeff apparently) would get in his ear and at least get him on tape somewhere playing it on a piano. 

Now.  After you've imagined that.... imagine the band doing the "MONNNNNA!" backup vocals on stage behind him.  How this hasn't happened yet is beyond me.
Doo Dah
Smiley Smile Associate

One man's troll is another man's freedom fighter.

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 12, 2012, 07:28:10 AM »

That period of time...that moment of pure uncertainty when the possibility existed in the minds of many that three new tracks had hit the setlist, was akin to the period of time when the Lunar Module orbited the dark side of the moon.

"Come in Eagle, this is Houston...do we have MONA? Please confirm, roger..." Razz

AGD is gone.
AGD is gone.
Heigh ho the derry-o
AGD is gone
Lowbacca
Smiley Smile Associate

please let me wonder

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 12, 2012, 09:19:12 AM »

Menace Wilson
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: July 12, 2012, 09:27:43 AM »

-When given the bass for Barbra Ann, Brian shook his head, pulled out a fretless and played Jaco Pastorius's entire discography.

LOL

"Jeff, you care." --BW
Justin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 12, 2012, 09:44:47 AM »

I wanted to make sure the shmuck that reported the songs earlier was getting a beating over at the bloo and I'm glad to see that he's getting an earful from a few members.  He's still keeping the charade up even adding a few other songs that "they played."  The guy is a total wacko. 

Sorry to all for the false alarm last night!
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

"Too dumb for New York City, too ugly for L.A."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: July 12, 2012, 09:52:36 AM »

I wanted to make sure the shmuck that reported the songs earlier was getting a beating over at the bloo and I'm glad to see that he's getting an earful from a few members.  He's still keeping the charade up even adding a few other songs that "they played."  The guy is a total wacko. 

I guess it's Al

a diseased bunch of mo'fos if there ever was one… their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons.

- Lester Bangs on The Beach Boys

PRO SHOT BEACH BOYS CONCERTS - LIST

To sum it up, they blew it, they blew it consistently, they continue to blow it, it is tragic and this pathological problem caused The Beach Boys' greatest music to be so underrated by the general public.

- Jack Rieley
Cabinessenceking
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 12, 2012, 10:20:25 AM »

I WANT:
ALL I WANNA DO
MONA
THE NIGHT SO YOUNG

RIGHT NOW! DAMN YOU MIKE LOVE AND YOUR FILTHY MECHANICAL LEANINGS, I HATE 409 AND WENDY, EVERYONE HATES THEM.
ontor pertawst
Smiley Smile Associate

L♡VE ALWAYS WINS

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: July 12, 2012, 10:24:30 AM »

bwhahah! What a great Brian pose. Looks like he lost some weight since the start of the tour, too.
Smilin Ed H
« Reply #35 on: July 12, 2012, 10:32:54 AM »

The sight of Bruce's knees would make me shed a few pounds too.
baseball95
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 12, 2012, 11:47:01 AM »

real setlist:

Do It Again
Catch a Wave
Hawaii
Don't Back Down
Surfin Safari
Surfer Girl
Getcha Back
Wendy
This Whole World
Then I Kissed Her
Please Let Me Wonder
Come Go with Me
Why Do Fools Fall in Love
When I Grow Up (to Be a Man)
Disney Girls
Kiss Me, Baby
It's OK
Cotton Fields
Good Timin'
Isn't It Time
Be True to Your School
Don't Worry Baby
Little Deuce Coupe
Shut Down
I Get Around

Intermission:
Pet Sounds
Add Some Music to Your Day
Heroes and Villains
I Just Wasn't Made for These Times
Sloop John B
Wouldn't It Be Nice
In My Room
All This Is That
That's Why God Made the Radio
Sail On Sailor
Forever
God Only Knows
Good Vibrations
California Girls
All Summer Long
Rock and Roll Music
Barbara Ann
Surfin USA
Kokomo
Do You Wanna Dance?
Fun Fun Fun
Aegir
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: July 12, 2012, 11:59:53 AM »

RIGHT NOW! DAMN YOU MIKE LOVE AND YOUR FILTHY MECHANICAL LEANINGS, I HATE 409 AND WENDY, EVERYONE HATES THEM.
409, whatever, it's kinda silly.

but Wendy? I LOVE WENDY! so ahead of its time. it could've been on Today! (yeah I know that's only a year but every year in the 60s is like 5 years of cultural development)

Every time you spell Smile as SMiLE, an angel's wings are forcibly torn off its body.
Jon Stebbins
Honored Guest

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 12, 2012, 12:11:29 PM »

409, whatever, it's kinda silly.

but Wendy? I LOVE WENDY! so ahead of its time. it could've been on Today! (yeah I know that's only a year but every year in the 60s is like 5 years of cultural development)
People who don't like 409 are pussies.
Bubba Ho-Tep
« Reply #39 on: July 12, 2012, 12:14:47 PM »

People who don't like 409 are pussies.

Finally a voice of reason.

Justin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 12, 2012, 12:14:57 PM »

"409" is one of Mike's badass vocals.  Good stuff in every concert.  Pure swag
Jon Stebbins
Honored Guest

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 12, 2012, 12:35:48 PM »

You start taking the garage rockers like 409 out of the set and you end up with no balls. BTW the band loves playing this song.
southbay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 12, 2012, 01:01:40 PM »

So then it's settled--we want 409 and Wendy left in. Too bad Honda and Darlin' were back out last night...

Summer's gone...it's finally sinking in
punkinhead
Smiley Smile Associate

what it means to be human

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 12, 2012, 02:01:28 PM »

So I know this is prolly old news, but the backing band is playing the instrumental to Pet Sounds? That's really awesome. What to the guys do during that? does Brian conduct? Mike get out the sax?  Wink Bruce and Al play?

To view my video documentation of my Beach Boys collection go to www.youtube.com/justinplank

"Someone needs to tell Adrian Baker that imitation isn't innovation." -The Real Beach Boy

~post of the century~
"Well, you reached out to me too, David, and I'd be more than happy to fill Bgas's shoes. You don't need him anyway - some of us have the same items in our collections as he does and we're also much better writers. Spoiled brat....."
-Mikie

"in this online beach boy community, I've found that you're either correct or corrected. Which in my mind is all in good fun to show ones knowledge of their favorite band."- punkinhead
Wirestone
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 12, 2012, 02:12:36 PM »

So I know this is prolly old news, but the backing band is playing the instrumental to Pet Sounds? That's really awesome. What to the guys do during that? does Brian conduct? Mike get out the sax?  Wink Bruce and Al play?

The guys are not onstage. Except for Dave, who plays the lead guitar part,
Emdeeh
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: July 12, 2012, 02:15:53 PM »

It looks like the Love You songs trolling on the bloo has been removed.
Jon Stebbins
Honored Guest

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 12, 2012, 02:16:06 PM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x9ljtWVMoqQ&feature=related
Lowbacca
Smiley Smile Associate

please let me wonder

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 12, 2012, 02:21:37 PM »

I don't see any of the BBs in that clip, aside from DM?
LostArt
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 12, 2012, 02:36:24 PM »

So I know this is prolly old news, but the backing band is playing the instrumental to Pet Sounds? That's really awesome. What to the guys do during that? does Brian conduct? Mike get out the sax?  Wink Bruce and Al play?

Correct.  This one starts the second set.  After this one they all come out and do Add Some Music around Brian's piano.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2012, 02:37:56 PM by LostArt » Logged
Lowbacca
Smiley Smile Associate

please let me wonder

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 12, 2012, 02:40:41 PM »

So I know this is prolly old news, but the backing band is playing the instrumental to Pet Sounds? That's really awesome. What to the guys do during that? does Brian conduct? Mike get out the sax?  Wink Bruce and Al play?

Correct.  This one starts the second set.  After this one they all come out and do Add Some Music around Brian's piano.
Yeah, I know. I just thought Jon wanted to post a clip where the BBs can be visible during "Pet Sounds" - since that clip (and nothing more) was his response to punkinhead.
gfx
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx