gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680996 Posts in 27625 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims May 14, 2024, 04:43:51 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 Go Down Print
Author Topic: NY Observer: 'Beyond the Life of Brian: The Myth of the ‘Lesser’ Beach Boys'  (Read 32324 times)
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #150 on: July 22, 2015, 11:32:33 AM »

This Mike defending is getting tiresome, the people who are defending him to death have a vested interest in him. The main evidence of this is the M&B fanboy website BBB where most of them post as well.

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
filledeplage
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #151 on: July 22, 2015, 11:39:39 AM »

This Mike defending is getting tiresome, the people who are defending him to death have a vested interest in him. The main evidence of this is the M&B fanboy website BBB where most of them post as well.
Smile Brian - that is a pretty inflammatory and accusatory statement.  Those who would like to see some balance as opposed to statements that are hopelessly hateful.  Hope you can back that up. 
HeyJude
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #152 on: July 22, 2015, 11:42:09 AM »

Secondly, anyone who is arguing that Mike may be too upset by the harm caused to Brian to watch Love and Mercy, must surely doubt his sincerity and sensitivity when he seems not to mind reminding people of things that Brian did wrong decades ago.

Not only that, but Mike Love is the same man who just a few weeks ago called the Evan Landy Daily Mail article an interesting read. THE Evan Landy article where not only does it drone on for pages about the abuse Brian endured during his time with Landy, but Evan was also given a pulpit to say that Landy had Brian's best interests at heart.

If Mike is too sensitive about the subject of the Landy years why the hell is he reading and commenting about a multiple page article about the Landy era? Come on guys. You'll scrape the bottom of the barrel, seemingly scrape through the bottom of the barrel, to defend the guy. Hilarious LOL
Let's not forget who had court ordered control...his Daddio.

And calling something "interesting" does not necessarily mean "agreement."  I seem to recall in the movie, in the scene where Brian and Melinda jump off the boat, Evan's character seemed fearful saying something like, "SH**...my dad is going to kill me!" More power and control to Gene. 

The weird bit where Mike cited the Evan Landy article (which he clearly DID take the time to read; he can’t listen to a three-minute Brian/Al track, but he can read a borderline-tabloid piece sympathetic to Evan and Gene Landy) was, well, weird. “Interesting” may not connote strong support; but it does not connote a condemnation either. And while Evan Landy and Alexandra Morgan and anybody who was there can certainly be pried for some pertinent and interesting basic information/data about those years in Brian’s life, to not fully condemn a piece written to defend (mostly via ignoring the bad stuff) Eugene Landy was a bad move on Mike’s part.

Please read Howie Edelson’s to-the-point post about all of the people in that Landy circle, *including* Evan:

http://smileysmile.net/board/index.php/topic,21876.msg521413.html#msg521413

THE BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE IS ON FACEBOOK!!! http://www.facebook.com/beachboysopinion - Check out the original "BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE" Blog - http://beachboysopinion.blogspot.com/
filledeplage
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #153 on: July 22, 2015, 11:58:10 AM »

Secondly, anyone who is arguing that Mike may be too upset by the harm caused to Brian to watch Love and Mercy, must surely doubt his sincerity and sensitivity when he seems not to mind reminding people of things that Brian did wrong decades ago.

Not only that, but Mike Love is the same man who just a few weeks ago called the Evan Landy Daily Mail article an interesting read. THE Evan Landy article where not only does it drone on for pages about the abuse Brian endured during his time with Landy, but Evan was also given a pulpit to say that Landy had Brian's best interests at heart.

If Mike is too sensitive about the subject of the Landy years why the hell is he reading and commenting about a multiple page article about the Landy era? Come on guys. You'll scrape the bottom of the barrel, seemingly scrape through the bottom of the barrel, to defend the guy. Hilarious LOL

And calling something "interesting" does not necessarily mean "agreement."  I seem to recall in the movie, in the scene where Brian and Melinda jump off the boat, Evan's character seemed fearful saying something like, "SH**...my dad is going to kill me!" More power and control to Gene. 

The weird bit where Mike cited the Evan Landy article (which he clearly DID take the time to read; he can’t listen to a three-minute Brian/Al track, but he can read a borderline-tabloid piece sympathetic to Evan and Gene Landy) was, well, weird. “Interesting” may not connote strong support; but it does not connote a condemnation either. And while Evan Landy and Alexandra Morgan and anybody who was there can certainly be pried for some pertinent and interesting basic information/data about those years in Brian’s life, to not fully condemn a piece written to defend (mostly via ignoring the bad stuff) Eugene Landy was a bad move on Mike’s part.

Please read Howie Edelson’s to-the-point post about all of the people in that Landy circle, *including* Evan:

That Howie post makes sense.  Landy held the cards.  A judge decided to give him control.  Try to follow the progression. 

Evan might have "known" but what kind of power did he have?  None.  Was there a law or statute in place to report abuse of a patient in California at the time that would have helped report this, even anonymously? I don't know.

What I do know is there is a tendency to goad balanced fans, who have grown up with and have seen this band, for 50+ years, into hating the Touring Band and all it represents, on this board.  It is non-productive.  Some of us are unmoved by the hate and will continue to support the music, in any form it takes. 
Terry
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #154 on: July 22, 2015, 11:58:41 AM »

I'm not at all sure how the nuts and bolts work when it comes to BRI. But in order to approve/disapprove a soundtrack directly related to The Beach Boys wouldn't Mike Love have to watch the film in question? So if Pohlad and the producers wanted to release a soundtrack (which Polhad has expressed numerous times he has wanted) wouldn't Mike be given ample opportunities to see the film or be sent a copy if such a viewing opportunity didn't arise?

Where the dickens do you get this ludicrous notion that Mike - or anyone,in fact - can approve/veto the soundtrack ? It's simple - you pay the appropriate licensing fee for the songs you want to use, and you can use them. I guess if said songs were used in an unsavoury context, or ridiculed, you might have a case for withdrawing the license. Mike has no say in how the movie turns out, any more than Alan, Bruce, Carl's estate, unless they feel they've been defamed. Brian, being the subject, and authorising the movie, is of course a different case entirely.

I was referring to an actual physical release of the soundtrack. According to Howie Edelson:

There IS a movie soundtrack. From everything I know about its (non)release, it needs to be signed off on by ALL the partners of BRI.
As of April 23rd, 2015, that has not happened.

The work by Atticus Rose is brilliant and important and breathtaking. High art from high art. Why would anybody choose not to sign off on that?

People need to know that the rounding of third began long ago.
How one finishes is how history remembers them.

There's a right side and a wrong side to history.
(I'm both amazed -- and sadly used to -- the people choosing the wrong side.)

And it would seem obvious to me that Mike would want to see the film before signing off on such a soundtrack release (in case he felt the movie cast an unsavory light on the Beach Boys or any other reason)...thus I would be hard pressed to believe that Pohlad, the producers didn't give Mike ample opportunities to view this film.

What Howie said - and l defer to his far superior knowledge - was true three months ago: that Pohlad has stated much more recently a soundtrack will be out soon after the movie's release indicates to me that all hurdles have been cleared. As ever, l stand to be corrected, especially if it gets the music out.

That the hurdles have possibly been cleared is great news. My point still stands that I'd be hard pressed to believe that Pohlad/producers didn't give Mike ample opportunities to view this film, especially if the release of the soundtrack possibly hinged on it.

I heard from a pretty reliable source that a vinyl version of the soundtrack was coming out on Black Friday.
HeyJude
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #155 on: July 22, 2015, 12:10:49 PM »

That Howie post makes sense.  Landy held the cards.  A judge decided to give him control.  Try to follow the progression. 

Evan might have "known" but what kind of power did he have?  None.  Was there a law or statute in place to report abuse of a patient in California at the time that would have helped report this, even anonymously? I don't know.

What I do know is there is a tendency to goad balanced fans, who have grown up with and have seen this band, for 50+ years, into hating the Touring Band and all it represents, on this board.  It is non-productive.  Some of us are unmoved by the hate and will continue to support the music, in any form it takes. 

Once again, the “touring band” is not a part of the conversation nor the current round of posts. It’s about Mike and his interviews, attitudes about Landy, getting around to watching the L&M film, etc. You have attempted several times to drag the “touring band” into the conversation, nobody else.  Nobody is disparaging Mike’s band by disagreeing with something he says in an interview. 

THE BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE IS ON FACEBOOK!!! http://www.facebook.com/beachboysopinion - Check out the original "BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE" Blog - http://beachboysopinion.blogspot.com/
HeyJude
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #156 on: July 22, 2015, 12:14:49 PM »

I heard from a pretty reliable source that a vinyl version of the soundtrack was coming out on Black Friday.

Interesting, though I would hope a CD release would be in the offing as well. Not sure how much they tend to push vinyl on “Black Friday” (versus, say, “Record Store Day”). I dig vinyl, but frankly it’s a pain in the ass in some cases and only sounds better if you have a pretty good, not inexpensive rig set up. A digital release would be acceptable, and much more convenient. But hopefully an actual CD would materialize. (And please, no “vinyl only” or “iTunes exclusive” tracks either, if at all possible.)

filledeplage
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #157 on: July 22, 2015, 12:28:35 PM »

Once again, the “touring band” is not a part of the conversation nor the current round of posts. It’s about Mike and his interviews, attitudes about Landy, getting around to watching the L&M film, etc. You have attempted several times to drag the “touring band” into the conversation, nobody else.  Nobody is disparaging Mike’s band by disagreeing with something he says in an interview. 
Hey Jude - this is a constant anti-Mike barrage and negative attitude on this board.  It is damned if he does or not. His reflections, are sought out, then roundly attacked.  He cannot win.

The title of the thread concerns "lesser" (whatever that means) Beach Boys.  That would include some members of the Touring Band.
Terry
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #158 on: July 22, 2015, 12:29:53 PM »

Interesting, though I would hope a CD release would be in the offing as well. Not sure how much they tend to push vinyl on “Black Friday” (versus, say, “Record Store Day”). I dig vinyl, but frankly it’s a pain in the ass in some cases and only sounds better if you have a pretty good, not inexpensive rig set up. A digital release would be acceptable, and much more convenient. But hopefully an actual CD would materialize. (And please, no “vinyl only” or “iTunes exclusive” tracks either, if at all possible.)

I'm assuming a CD release will fall closer to the release of the DVD.
CenturyDeprived
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #159 on: July 22, 2015, 12:37:15 PM »

Hey Jude - this is a constant anti-Mike barrage and negative attitude on this board.  It is damned if he does or not. His reflections, are sought out, then roundly attacked.  He cannot win.

The title of the thread concerns "lesser" (whatever that means) Beach Boys.  That would include some members of the Touring Band.

Wrong. Mike can indeed win by simply not saying backhanded compliments, and by simply saying some nice words without adding in dressed-up bile. Guy just needs to learn the definition of tact.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2015, 12:38:08 PM by CenturyDeprived » Logged
drbeachboy
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #160 on: July 22, 2015, 12:40:16 PM »

I find it a little funny how upset everyone got over Mike's "autotune" comment.

"I haven't heard the song yet, I am sure with Al's voice and hopefully no autotune, the song will be great."

Isn't this precisely what fans on this board were saying in anticipation of listening to Brian's album? If anything, Mike's comment could be viewed as a nod to this board.

I think Mike was making a dig at Joe Thomas for the horrific 'tuna job he did on TWGMTR and especially the C50 Live cd.

While I agree there were instances of autotune that were less than stellar, do you really think he'd be saying that kind of stuff if the reunion went well, if TWGMTR went to #1, the "room" happened, and they continued recording together? Do you really think it's not sour grapes since Joe Thomas was the guy who was playing interference for Brian, and in effect prevented the magical "room" scenario from happening?

No, I don't have a portal into anyone's brain, but doesn't logic dictate that is more likely the case? Sour grapes against Brian (and Joe, I suppose) of a rather large order. It reminds me of Jeff Beck, who when things didn't go the way he wanted them to go on the tour, all of a sudden THEN he goes and talks smack about Brian in interviews. If autotune was such a big problem for Mike, one would think he'd have said something during the 2012 reunion in a group interview setting. But Mike saves his insults and backhanded compliments for when Brian's not in the room.
Horse dooky! TWGMTR debuted at #3, no small feat for a Beach Boys album. I doubt Mike had much say production-wise regarding the album. Brian & Joe were calling the shots. If I were Mike I'd be upset, no, very upset with the way the live album turned out. Prior to this album, I didn't really get all the autotune complaining that was going on in here and elsewhere, but the Live album convinced me of it's evil influence over Joe Thomas.

I agree the live CD sucked due to autotune, so much so that it remains the only BB album that I refuse to purchase. But again... I am not buying the idea that all of a sudden Mike had a revelation that Joe waved his hand and gave us autotune in a poor manner. I think he was looking for something critical to say, something that could be said without that comment being quantified as outright "false", and he found it, because to give an outright compliment without a backhanded insult just seems not possible and against his nature... unless of course that product was written in a "room", in which case you can bet your bottom dollar that he'd not be saying the same autotune criticisms.

Find me a quote where any of Brian's solo material is complimented by Mike without being accompanied by a backhanded insult.  Maybe something exists, but I sure haven't read/heard it...

Granted, it's one thing if we all say something to the effect of wishing the autotune was held back a bit as fans on a messageboard... but one would think that a bandmate and relative would not try and slip in jabs like that, out of good taste and simply being a bigger person.

And BTW, #3 apparently was a small feat for a BB album, according to Mike who poo-pooed that chart placement after the fact. Those grapes are so sour.
He didn't poo-poo it with me. I think he was quite surprised and happy about it and that was in mid-June 2012.

The Brianista Prayer

Oh Brian
Thou Art In Hawthorne,
Harmonied Be Thy name
Your Kingdom Come,
Your Steak Well Done,
On Stage As It Is In Studio,
Give Us This Day, Our Shortenin' Bread
And Forgive Us Our Bootlegs,
As We Also Have Forgiven Our Wife And Managers,
And Lead Us Not Into Kokomo,
But Deliver Us From Mike Love.
Amen.  ---hypehat
filledeplage
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #161 on: July 22, 2015, 12:42:58 PM »

Hey Jude - this is a constant anti-Mike barrage and negative attitude on this board.  It is damned if he does or not. His reflections, are sought out, then roundly attacked.  He cannot win.

The title of the thread concerns "lesser" (whatever that means) Beach Boys.  That would include some members of the Touring Band.

Wrong. Mike can indeed win by simply not saying backhanded compliments, and by simply saying some nice words without adding in dressed-up bile. Guy just needs to learn the definition of tact.
And "backhanded" is a value judgment. That is someone's personal interpretation. 
CenturyDeprived
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #162 on: July 22, 2015, 12:44:49 PM »

And "backhanded" is a value judgment. That is someone's personal interpretation.  

Ok, fair enough. Can I ask you what YOU personally think is an example of a backhanded compliment? Can you type out a made-up example (not even necessarily related to this band) of what would qualify (to you) as one?
filledeplage
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #163 on: July 22, 2015, 12:50:18 PM »

Ok, fair enough. Can I ask you what YOU personally think is an example of a backhanded compliment? Can you type out a made-up example (not even necessarily related to this band) of what would qualify (to you) as one?
"You throw ok, for a girl."

CenturyDeprived
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #164 on: July 22, 2015, 01:24:36 PM »

Yeah, that is indeed a backhanded compliment. No doubt.

And what I'm hearing from these interviews with backhanded compliments is essentially saying to Brian "you make ok music (when I actually take the time to listen to it), for a guy with a time and drug-ravaged voice who is out of shape and medicated/controlled, and whose music is deficient of the talents of brilliant Mike Love". I do not believe that to be a giant leap from the various interviews we've heard, either.

That's basically a Mike Love quote mixtape.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2015, 01:29:22 PM by CenturyDeprived » Logged
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #165 on: July 22, 2015, 01:28:52 PM »

CD!!!!!! Grin

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
Lee Marshall
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #166 on: July 22, 2015, 02:25:03 PM »

I'll repeat that I am glad Mike didn't do the foot in mouth thing in THIS interview.  He deserves credit.  Bruce's I'll watch it in an airplane thing was pretty damn lame though.  That they haven't watched the movie yet strikes me as VERY highly unlikely.  The guy who wrote the piece is a complete dick.

Looking forward to the Beach Boys Aug 8.  I want them to be great.  Everyone at the show will deservce nothing but exactly THAT.  I am confident that THAT is exactly what we'll get.  The band has had more that enough time to rehearse.

Filled...You defend Mike when he doesn't need it.  The only thing I regret is that David likely won't be here.  THAT is a real 100% shame.  HE is the ONLY Beach Boy I've NEVER seen.

"Add Some...Music...To Your Day.  I do.  It's the only way to fly.  Well...what was I gonna put here?  An apple a day keeps the doctor away?  Hum me a few bars."   Lee Marshall [2014]

Donald  TRUMP!  ...  Is TOAST.  "What a disaster."  "Overrated?"... ... ..."BIG LEAGUE."  "Lots of people are saying it"  "I will tell you that."   Collusion, Money Laundering, Treason.   B'Bye Dirty Donnie!!!  Adios!!!  Bon Voyage!!!  Toodles!!!  Move yourself...SPANKY!!!  Jail awaits.  It's NO "Witch Hunt". There IS Collusion...and worse.  The Russian Mafia!!  Conspiracies!!  Fraud!!  This racist is goin' down...and soon.  Good Riddance.  And take the kids.
startBBtoday
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #167 on: July 22, 2015, 02:30:20 PM »

Yeah, that is indeed a backhanded compliment. No doubt.

And what I'm hearing from these interviews with backhanded compliments is essentially saying to Brian "you make ok music (when I actually take the time to listen to it), for a guy with a time and drug-ravaged voice who is out of shape and medicated/controlled, and whose music is deficient of the talents of brilliant Mike Love". I do not believe that to be a giant leap from the various interviews we've heard, either.

That's basically a Mike Love quote mixtape.

Why paraphrase Mike's backhanded compliments if there are so many examples of them? Copy and paste them here.
Ang Jones
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #168 on: July 22, 2015, 03:26:47 PM »

I don't want to have to quote masses of previous stuff but suffice to say that I've been a fan for 46 years and I started as a Beach Boys' fan. My becoming more of a Brian Wilson fan was based not on growing up with the Beach Boys but waking up to the Beach Boys and want was going on. I'm not suggesting it was all bad but there were serious problems and only someone who was deliberately ignoring the situation could have failed to notice them.

The music is wonderful and mostly that was created by Brian Wilson. I prefer his presentation and so I go to see his shows whenever I can. Those who want to continue to see the touring Beach Boys are welcome. I'm not suggesting they are disbanded or turned into something else. But I don't want to see Brian and his band turned into something else either. It isn't my call of course. But that doesn't stop me hoping that it goes on the way that it is at the moment, with Brian and his own band.
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #169 on: July 22, 2015, 03:51:02 PM »

But I don't want to see Brian and his band turned into something else either.

Such as... ?  And who, pray, has been threatening to turn Brian & his band "into something else" ?

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
Wirestone
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #170 on: July 22, 2015, 03:56:27 PM »

I'm not at all sure how the nuts and bolts work when it comes to BRI. But in order to approve/disapprove a soundtrack directly related to The Beach Boys wouldn't Mike Love have to watch the film in question? So if Pohlad and the producers wanted to release a soundtrack (which Polhad has expressed numerous times he has wanted) wouldn't Mike be given ample opportunities to see the film or be sent a copy if such a viewing opportunity didn't arise?

Where the dickens do you get this ludicrous notion that Mike - or anyone,in fact - can approve/veto the soundtrack ? It's simple - you pay the appropriate licensing fee for the songs you want to use, and you can use them. I guess if said songs were used in an unsavoury context, or ridiculed, you might have a case for withdrawing the license. Mike has no say in how the movie turns out, any more than Alan, Bruce, Carl's estate, unless they feel they've been defamed. Brian, being the subject, and authorising the movie, is of course a different case entirely.

I was referring to an actual physical release of the soundtrack. According to Howie Edelson:

There IS a movie soundtrack. From everything I know about its (non)release, it needs to be signed off on by ALL the partners of BRI.

The work by Atticus Rose is brilliant and important and breathtaking. High art from high art. Why would anybody choose not to sign off on that?

And it would seem obvious to me that Mike would want to see the film before signing off on such a soundtrack release (in case he felt the movie cast an unsavory light on the Beach Boys or any other reason)...thus I would be hard pressed to believe that Pohlad, the producers didn't give Mike ample opportunities to view this film.

What Howie said - and l defer to his far superior knowledge - was true three months ago: that Pohlad has stated much more recently a soundtrack will be out soon after the movie's release indicates to me that all hurdles have been cleared. As ever, l stand to be corrected, especially if it gets the music out.

I would pipe up here to say that I think you're somewhat mistaken. Howie posted three months ago. The interview with Bill Pohlad that you cite is here (http://consequenceofsound.net/2015/06/interview-director-bill-pohlad/) and was published June 2, not "much more recently." Indeed, it's from nearly two months ago.

These were his words: "We’re working on it now. Unfortunately, these things get complicated when you’ve got a lot of bits from different songs and different eras, but we’re working through it, and it should be out soon after the film."

While he seems to promise a soundtrack, that's far from a ringing declaration. Given that the movie has been released in the U.S. and the U.K., and given that it is now, indeed, "soon after" the film's release, I think it's fair to note that no soundtrack has been announced or scheduled, or even shown up as an Amazon Germany listing.

Thus, it's not a far hop to say it's not coming out, and likewise that it's most likely Mike (the most jealous, vengeful and litigious individual in BRI at the moment) who has decided to deep six it. He hasn't had qualms about hiring Brian's band members out from under his nose, trashing his solo album and cozying up to the son of the man who abused BW for a decade, so preventing a soundtrack release is par for the course of his recent actions.

Sorry, but that's the way things look without evidence to the contrary.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2015, 03:57:58 PM by Wirestone » Logged
CenturyDeprived
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #171 on: July 22, 2015, 04:02:34 PM »

I would pipe up here to say that I think you're somewhat mistaken. Howie posted three months ago. The interview with Bill Pohlad that you cite is here (http://consequenceofsound.net/2015/06/interview-director-bill-pohlad/) and was published June 2, not "much more recently." Indeed, it's from nearly two months ago.

These were his words: "We’re working on it now. Unfortunately, these things get complicated when you’ve got a lot of bits from different songs and different eras, but we’re working through it, and it should be out soon after the film."

While he seems to promise a soundtrack, that's far from a ringing declaration. Given that the movie has been released in the U.S. and the U.K., and given that it is now, indeed, "soon after" the film's release, I think it's fair to note that no soundtrack has been announced or scheduled, or even shown up as an Amazon Germany listing.

Thus, it's not a far hop to say it's not coming out, and likewise that it's most likely Mike (the most jealous, vengeful and litigious individual in BRI at the moment) who has decided to deep six it. He hasn't had qualms about hiring Brian's band members out from under his nose, trashing his solo album and cozying up to the son of the man who abused BW for a decade, so preventing a soundtrack release is par for the course of his recent actions.

Mark my words: even if it's proven that this assumption is in fact 100% correct, and if the soundtrack never comes out, the same handful of people will defend Mike and think it's just dandy that he made the soundtrack evaporate for all times.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2015, 04:16:49 PM by CenturyDeprived » Logged
Terry
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #172 on: July 22, 2015, 04:09:21 PM »

A soundtrack IS coming out.
sea of tunes
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #173 on: July 22, 2015, 04:12:53 PM »

Trying hard to have faith. 

Husband. Father. Quadragenarian.
CenturyDeprived
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #174 on: July 22, 2015, 04:17:25 PM »

Let's certainly hope so.
gfx
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx