gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680987 Posts in 27625 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims May 12, 2024, 06:52:09 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Poll
Question: Should this discussion be moved to the Sandbox?
Naahh, Beach Boys, SMiLE and drugs is as on-topic as can be - 99 (67.8%)
It's about time, I've requested this at least 20 pages back - 27 (18.5%)
Who cares, it isn't going to be released anyway - 11 (7.5%)
I don't like drugs and I don't like SMiLE, we might as well delete this discussion - 2 (1.4%)
The SMiLE music and drug use cloud this discussion - 7 (4.8%)
Total Voters: 138

Pages: 1 ... 339 340 341 342 343 [344] 345 346 347 348 349 ... 380 Go Down Print
Author Topic: SMiLE Sessions box set!  (Read 1741591 times)
Heysaboda
Smiley Smile Associate

Son, don't wait till the break of day....

View Profile
« Reply #8575 on: October 31, 2011, 10:00:47 AM »

A product shortage doesn't surprise me. The drastic steps that Capitol took to avoid having the music leak, probably included keeping the product out of the hands of distributors until 2 days before release date. I'm angered by the product shortage....but not surprised.

As a customer who ordered from Amazon, I won't have any of the "Smile" product for the foreseeable future. I'll find somebody to burn me a copy of the set. Capitol has themselves to blame if consumers who want to buy the product find it is unobtainable.

Seriously Phil, that's not Capitols fault. It's Amazon's for underestimating how many copies they should order.

I suppose you'll blame them if your postman arrives late, too?
Phil's postman is taking the day off, listening to SMiLE!!

Grin

Son, don't wait till the break of day 'cause you know how time fades away......
Shady
Smiley Smile Associate

I had to fix a lot of things this morning

View Profile
« Reply #8576 on: October 31, 2011, 10:00:58 AM »

I knew buying on-line would bite me in the ass  Undecided

According to someone who would know.

Seriously, there was a Beach Boys Love You condom?!  Amazing.
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #8577 on: October 31, 2011, 10:05:42 AM »

SMiLE is blowing my mind to the point where i can't function in human society anymore. Head Spin Listening

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
Heysaboda
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #8578 on: October 31, 2011, 10:06:46 AM »

sh*t! Pet Sounds store in Stockholm have the box in store now. Does anyone know if it's possible to cancel my Amazon.de order? I've already paid for it!

You can cancel, if is not packed yet. If not, you can send the shipment back.

Go to "Mein Konto" --> "Meine Bestellungen" --> "Artikel zurückschicken"
You need a reason for sending back ("Grund der Rücksendung"), but they have a lot to select from:
- keinen Grund angeben (don't want to say reason)  Grin
- Gefällt mir nicht mehr (Don't like it anymore)
- Günstigeren Preis entdeckt (Found a better price)

You have a store called "Pet Sounds" in Stockholm? How cool is that?

Old joke from my high school German class:

One man encountered another man, apparently drowning in a lake.

Drowning man: "Ich habe keinen Grund, Ich habe keinen Grund!"

Other man: "Also, warum schreist du?"

The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« Reply #8579 on: October 31, 2011, 10:08:13 AM »

Harrumph…  box is still sat in a shed near Preston.  Been on to Amazon and they now inform me that despite their estimated delivery date it'll probably be tomorrow.

Funny… been waiting since I was 12 for this… now one day hurts.   ;(
« Last Edit: November 01, 2011, 01:31:44 AM by John Manning » Logged

“We live in divisive times.”
MD
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #8580 on: October 31, 2011, 10:09:59 AM »

In case anyone hasn't ordered their copies yet...

Deepdiscount.com has all 3 versions at good prices...

Box set...$115.98

2CD set...$19.99

2 LP set...$19.99

FREE shipping with orders over $15...

No MP3 downloads the only downer...
hypehat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #8581 on: October 31, 2011, 10:10:50 AM »

Harrumph…  box is still sat in a shed near Preston.  Been on to Amazon and they now inform me that despite their estimated delivery date it'll probably be tomorrow.

Funny… been waiting since I was 12 for this… now  day hurts.   ;(

Sorry, mate  Sad

All roads lead to Kokomo. Exhaustive research in time travel has conclusively proven that there is no alternate universe WITHOUT Kokomo. It would've happened regardless.
What is this "life" thing you speak of ?

Quote from: Al Jardine
Syncopate it? In front of all these people?!
hypehat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #8582 on: October 31, 2011, 10:12:11 AM »

Don't know if this has been pointed out, but in a neat touch the tracklisting for the LPs in the book tells you to 'see label for correct playing order'  Grin

This package is just beautiful. IT'S WONDERFUL

All roads lead to Kokomo. Exhaustive research in time travel has conclusively proven that there is no alternate universe WITHOUT Kokomo. It would've happened regardless.

SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #8583 on: October 31, 2011, 10:15:04 AM »

Harrumph…  box is still sat in a shed near Preston.  Been on to Amazon and they now inform me that despite their estimated delivery date it'll probably be tomorrow.

Funny… been waiting since I was 12 for this… now  day hurts.   ;(

Sorry, mate  Sad
Damn that sucks, Amazon shipped early to me for some reason. Huh

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
Jonas
Smiley Smile Associate

I've got the Beach Boys, my friends got the Stones

View Profile
« Reply #8584 on: October 31, 2011, 10:31:52 AM »

My back is sitting right next to me...here at work...3D

We would like to record under an atmosphere of calmness. - Brian Wilson
--
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g1IgXT3xFdU
37!ws
Smiley Smile Associate

All baggudo at my man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8585 on: October 31, 2011, 10:34:29 AM »

Better see a chiropractor about that, Jonas!

Check out my podcasts: Tune X Podcast (tunex.fab4it.com) and Autobiography of a Schnook (SchnookPodcast.com); there are worse things you can do!
Shady
Smiley Smile Associate

I had to fix a lot of things this morning

View Profile
« Reply #8586 on: October 31, 2011, 10:34:56 AM »

My back is sitting right next to me...here at work...3D

You might have a problem

According to someone who would know.

Seriously, there was a Beach Boys Love You condom?!  Amazing.
Emdeeh
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #8587 on: October 31, 2011, 10:38:21 AM »

My order status has changed to "shipping soon" -- woohoo!

hypehat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #8588 on: October 31, 2011, 10:40:33 AM »

H&V stereo sections - THIS SH*T SOUNDS INSANE

guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

"Barba non facit aliam historici"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8589 on: October 31, 2011, 10:41:18 AM »

A product shortage doesn't surprise me. The drastic steps that Capitol took to avoid having the music leak, probably included keeping the product out of the hands of distributors until 2 days before release date. I'm angered by the product shortage....but not surprised.

As a customer who ordered from Amazon, I won't have any of the "Smile" product for the foreseeable future. I'll find somebody to burn me a copy of the set. Capitol has themselves to blame if consumers who want to buy the product find it is unobtainable.

Seriously Phil, that's not Capitols fault. It's Amazon's for underestimating how many copies they should order.

I suppose you'll blame them if your postman arrives late, too?
Phil's postman is taking the day off, listening to SMiLE!!

Grin

Cheesy

I picture a foggy, Fellini-esque film scene of a man walking through his neighborhood and finding everything closed and the streets deserted, from the local cafe, to the corner bakery, to old Mr. Giacomo's produce stand. "Where is everyone?", he asks worriedly. Spinning around on his heels, he runs back to his own block, finding nothing but drawn curtains and locked doors, not a neighbor or person in sight, everything having been drawn up and pulled tight. Stopping to catch his breath, he hears the faint sounds of exotic music somewhere in the background, seeming to come from all the houses he assumed had been deserted..."Wait, is that a...marimba, with tape echo???" "That sounds like, could it be, why it's Mike Love recording a Cabinessence vocal! It's here, it has finally arrived! Everyone is listening! I've got to get home..."

Now running toward his own house, he knows, just KNOWS, the postman will surely appear, and be waiting for him with his box set delivery as well. Getting closer and closer, running out of breath, he can barely make out through a haze of dense fog a uniform-clad figure clutching a package. It HAS TO BE, he mutters under his breath, it just HAS to be that postman! Barely able to stop as he approaches the uniformed man, he hears him say "I thought I'd missed you, I know you've been waiting for this. All I need is for you to sign this sheet...". Grabbing the pen and clipboard, out of breath and on the verge of tears, he scribbles something illegible then grabs the parcel. Forgetting to thank the postman, not able to speak, barely able to think, the man rushes inside and tears at the box. "It's here, it's finally here!".

Carefully lifting his treasure out of the box, pulling apart the wrapping paper, he sees peeking through the Mylar wrap..."Whitesnake: Live At Donnington 1990". (shaking fists, looking toward the sky...) "NOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooo!!!!" The end.

Disclaimer: A lot of Fellini didn't make sense either... Grin

"All of us have the privilege of making music that helps and heals - to make music that makes people happier, stronger, and kinder. Don't forget: Music is God's voice." - Brian Wilson
Heysaboda
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #8590 on: October 31, 2011, 11:02:33 AM »

Cheesy

I picture a foggy, Fellini-esque film scene of a man walking through his neighborhood and finding everything closed and the streets deserted, from the local cafe, to the corner bakery, to old Mr. Giacomo's produce stand. "Where is everyone?", he asks worriedly. Spinning around on his heels, he runs back to his own block, finding nothing but drawn curtains and locked doors, not a neighbor or person in sight, everything having been drawn up and pulled tight. Stopping to catch his breath, he hears the faint sounds of exotic music somewhere in the background, seeming to come from all the houses he assumed had been deserted..."Wait, is that a...marimba, with tape echo???" "That sounds like, could it be, why it's Mike Love recording a Cabinessence vocal! It's here, it has finally arrived! Everyone is listening! I've got to get home..."

Now running toward his own house, he knows, just KNOWS, the postman will surely appear, and be waiting for him with his box set delivery as well. Getting closer and closer, running out of breath, he can barely make out through a haze of dense fog a uniform-clad figure clutching a package. It HAS TO BE, he mutters under his breath, it just HAS to be that postman! Barely able to stop as he approaches the uniformed man, he hears him say "I thought I'd missed you, I know you've been waiting for this. All I need is for you to sign this sheet...". Grabbing the pen and clipboard, out of breath and on the verge of tears, he scribbles something illegible then grabs the parcel. Forgetting to thank the postman, not able to speak, barely able to think, the man rushes inside and tears at the box. "It's here, it's finally here!".

Carefully lifting his treasure out of the box, pulling apart the wrapping paper, he sees peeking through the Mylar wrap..."Whitesnake: Live At Donnington 1990". (shaking fists, looking toward the sky...) "NOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooo!!!!" The end.

Disclaimer: A lot of Fellini didn't make sense either... Grin

LOL  Grin

Except I would change the movie thusly:

The postman hands a HUGE package to the man, who rips it open to see the SMiLE 5 CD set in ALL its glory and splendor.  He turns to thank the postman, who has already started to walk away.  The camera pans to the face of the postman, who is revealed as Brian Wilson circa 2011, muttering under his breath, "Better late than never!" and H&V plays as he walks off to the next delivery........

pixletwin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #8591 on: October 31, 2011, 11:11:23 AM »

Here is my recent exchange with amzon:

You are now connected to Rosalynn from Amazon.com.
Me:Hello. I need to find out when this is shipping. I have been charged and my status is at "Shipping Soon".
Rosalynn:Hello Marc, my name is Rosalynn. I'll be happy to assist you with that.
Is this for The Smile Sessions Box Set?
Me:It is.
Rosalynn:This title will be released on November 1, 2011.
Me:Which has also been my expected delivery date since I ordered back in August.
Rosalynn:Yes, definitely.
The payment is on the process of charging you.
When you place an order, we contact your bank for a purchase authorization to verify your card so your payment is now processing.
We'll make sure that you will be receiving your item on November 1.
Me:Thank you. Can you also tell me the status of my other two orders, which also have had the same expected delivery date?
Rosalynn:Sure. Can I have the order number?
Me:xxxxxxxxxxxx and xxxxxxxxxx
Rosalynn:These are for The Smile Sessions Vinyl (2LP) and The Smile Sessions (2CD), right?
Me:Exectly.
Rosalynn:The status is the same with you first order. They will be released on November 1 and the expected delivery date is on that same day.
Me:Ok. I just wanted to make sure because I am paying for a delivery promise from Amazon of November 1st and I hadn't heard any shipping news so I was beginning to get a little concerned.
Rosalynn:Don't you worry. We'll make sure that your orders will be delivered on time and worth the time you've waited.
Me:That is reassuring Rosalynn. Thank you. Smiley
Rosalynn:You're welcome. Is there anything else I can help you with?
Me:Not at the moment.
Rosalynn:Feel free to contact Amazon.com for further assistance.
Me:I will. Have a nice day.

My fingers are firmly crossed.
rab2591
Smiley Smile Associate

"My God. It's full of stars."

View Profile
« Reply #8592 on: October 31, 2011, 11:12:38 AM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?&v=dw09zOhZ_Ck#!

Bill Tobelman's SMiLE site

God must’ve smiled the day Brian Wilson was born!

"ragegasm" - /rāj • ga-zəm/ : a logical mental response produced when your favorite band becomes remotely associated with the bro-country genre.

Ever want to hear some Beach Boys songs mashed up together like The Beatles' 'LOVE' album? Check out my mix!
Jason
« Reply #8593 on: October 31, 2011, 11:14:20 AM »

Now THIS is something that needs to be done on the scale that Beautiful Dreamer was.
hypehat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #8594 on: October 31, 2011, 11:20:02 AM »

Losing my sh*t right now  Grin

Jason
« Reply #8595 on: October 31, 2011, 11:22:49 AM »

So that's why the board stinks. Smiley
homeontherange
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #8596 on: October 31, 2011, 11:26:55 AM »

Just got my box  Grin So happy right now
hypehat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #8597 on: October 31, 2011, 11:30:31 AM »

So that's why the board stinks. Smiley

It's a figure of speech, maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan  Roll Eyes

SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #8598 on: October 31, 2011, 11:46:33 AM »

Now THIS is something that needs to be done on the scale that Beautiful Dreamer was.
Agreed, screw Beautiful Dreamer and its Leafian propaganda of "Brian and the 5 buttholes"
« Last Edit: October 31, 2011, 11:49:40 AM by SMiLE Brian » Logged

JohnMill
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #8599 on: October 31, 2011, 11:50:41 AM »

Mine went from Shipping Soon to Not Yet Shipped to Shipping Soon within a matter of an hour.  They are a bizarre little outfit that's for sure.  Tired of talking about them though so...

Does anyone else headbang to the bridge in "Wind Chimes"?

God Bless California
For It Marks My Faith To See
You're The Only State With The Sacred Honor
....to sink into the sea
gfx
Pages: 1 ... 339 340 341 342 343 [344] 345 346 347 348 349 ... 380 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx