gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680960 Posts in 27623 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims May 10, 2024, 06:53:13 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: POB Bambu on Vinyl!  (Read 13620 times)
SloopJohnB
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: June 24, 2008, 08:46:41 AM »

Me too, not heard anything yet. the sundazed shipping charge is a lot more for europe

That's why I pre-ordered it on Amazon too. I wonder why there's such a significant difference between Sundazed and Amazon when it comes to shipping the same item...  Huh

I don't know where, but their music sends me there
Pleasure Island!!!!!!! and a slice of cheese pizza.
Custom Machine
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 26, 2008, 02:42:54 PM »

My vinyl copy of POB arrived from Sundazed today.  A great looking package!  Unfortunately, Disc one is warped to the extent that it won't play.  I called Sundazed and they said that the entire first run of POB on vinyl is sold out, so they are doing a second run.  I'm sure Amazon and others will have it back in stock when it becomes available again.
Leo K
Smiley Smile Associate

I Have Lost Touch With The World

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 27, 2008, 02:07:00 PM »

How does the vinyl sound?

Mine is supposed to arrive next week...can't wait.

MBE
« Reply #28 on: June 27, 2008, 04:13:23 PM »

Mine should be here tomorrow or Monday I am very excited.
KokoMoses
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: July 01, 2008, 12:49:30 AM »

My vinyl copy of POB arrived from Sundazed today.  A great looking package!  Unfortunately, Disc one is warped to the extent that it won't play.  I called Sundazed and they said that the entire first run of POB on vinyl is sold out, so they are doing a second run.  I'm sure Amazon and others will have it back in stock when it becomes available again.

I actually broke my original POB vinyl disc because it was warped (I DID find it for $5.99 however... This was in 1992) and I was a complete idiot and tried to warp it back into place over my stove. It actually worked but then it fell and I actually stepped on it while bending down to pick it up and busted it in half!!!!!! I haven't forgiven myself since! THEN about 5 years ago, a friend burned me a CD from the 91 issue and I STEPPED ON THAT and broke it in half while cleaning out my car!

My Sundazed vinyl copy will be kept in a safe!
MBE
« Reply #30 on: July 01, 2008, 02:10:32 AM »

Dennis must be playing tricks on you.
Leo K
Smiley Smile Associate

I Have Lost Touch With The World

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 01, 2008, 09:38:26 AM »

The vinyl set is an incredible listening experience. I have yet to do an A/B comparison with the CD, but it appears the exquisite sound is wider in dynamic range, and the sound picture is deeper overall...I was stunned, and listened almost through the whole 3 LP set in one sitting. The warmth and clarity of the sound is absolutely stunning. The dark tones are deep and resonant, rounded and full. The highs are clear, but welcoming to the ear, no sound of stress or fatigue on the ear. After listening I felt as if my ear had just soaked in a warm nourishing bath. It's a grand experience in every way...an epic journey.

And the packaging is grand in every way, with much care in the design and the extra 2 page photo spread booklet (with POP lyrics on the back page) is a nice touch. Dennis's thank note is on a separate card. The liner notes are all there as well (except for the David Leaf or expanded notes seen in the CD set PDF). The vinyl is a deep blue...just beautiful.

I just ordered another "safety" copy!
MBE
« Reply #32 on: July 02, 2008, 02:55:50 AM »

It is great on vinyl. Faithful to the original mix but cleaner. You and I is especally more clear. Never liked the song that much until I heard it this way. Anyways it's a dream come true for a vinyl fan like myself.
shelter
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 04, 2008, 01:47:25 PM »

Dennis's thank note is on a separate card.

The thank you note is a very simple but really wonderful addition. Great idea to include it that way.
49ersphil
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 04, 2008, 04:37:14 PM »

Have ordered (but not yet received) it from HMV in UK.
Was intending to just listen to CD version and keep the vinyl unopened for posterity. Now looks like I'll have to get another one to hear what I'm missing and add it to my CD's of the 77 LP done as a vinyl transfer, CiscoDisc bootleg and promo DVD-A of POB in 5:1 Stereo.

Roll Eyes

Close your eyes and lean back and listen to wind chimes
Peadar 'Big Dinner' O'Driscoll
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: July 08, 2008, 02:29:37 AM »

Got this, beautiful package, lots of stuff packed in. The song  "Time" is scratched for me but maybe i just need a better vinyl player. Its a pity the taylor hawkins Holy man is not on it, guess they ran out of space.

Fantastic to have this, was beginning to think id never see the day  Grin

MBE
« Reply #36 on: July 08, 2008, 03:17:34 AM »

Holy Man is on my copy on the second LP.
shelter
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 08, 2008, 04:09:03 AM »

Holy Man is on my copy on the second LP.

I presume it's on all copies...?

On CD it comes after Bambu, on vinyl it comes after the four POB bonus tracks.
Peadar 'Big Dinner' O'Driscoll
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: July 09, 2008, 09:09:26 AM »

sorry my mistake. its there

buddhahat
Smiley Smile Associate

Hi, my name's Doug. Would you like to dance?

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 18, 2012, 02:03:12 AM »

I'm thinking of getting the Sony Legacy 3 LP set, but it's reasonably pricey - £30 upwards.

I'm just wondering from those that own it, what the pressing and packaging is like, and if it's worth spashing out the dough.

Many thanks in advance.

Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes ......
The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 18, 2012, 02:11:16 AM »

Anyone know of a UK site this is still available at?  Thanks in advance…

“We live in divisive times.”
Cliff1000uk
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 18, 2012, 03:07:43 AM »

John-go here....http://www.whatrecords.co.uk/items/46297.htm

Regardless of the price-this is absolutely essential. Apart from being a great album, the packaging is really nice, the liner notes very informative and the vinyl sounds rich and just fills the room.

A must-have
Alan Smith
Smiley Smile Associate

I'm still here bitches and I know everything. –A

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 18, 2012, 04:10:29 AM »

I'm thinking of getting the Sony Legacy 3 LP set, but it's reasonably pricey - £30 upwards.

I'm just wondering from those that own it, what the pressing and packaging is like, and if it's worth spashing out the dough.

Many thanks in advance.

It's fantastic in all respects, definitely grab it.

I have a original Australian pressing and the differences are: colour corrected cover art, great layout, and good incorporation of the liner notes as per the CD.  Good reprod of Dennis's thank you and feedback invitation.

The Vinyl is well pressed and shows off the remaster nicely (which will be influenced by the quality of your stereo of course), where as my original vinyl is kinda flimsy - can't compare the sound as the new is remastered (although I get equally fat bass reproduction from the original (not that I play it that much)).  Blue vinyl is a bit gimicky, whatever, and they oversaturated the Caribou label, again, no big deal.

I took advantage of an economic downturn in a large Western nation and got mine for about $40 (Australian) which is about 29 quid - in Oz store prices are around 48 PSD, so I think the current price is fair.

Not sure how it will pan out as a collectible/investment - but if you like vinyl and love this album, just do it!!!

« Last Edit: January 18, 2012, 04:12:31 AM by Alholio71 » Logged

ESQ - Subscribe Now!!!

A new Beach Boys forum is here! http://beachboys.boards.net/
buddhahat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 18, 2012, 04:35:49 AM »

Thanks all for the info and thanks Cliff for the link. They're actually sold out but are hopefully getting some in next week.

Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes ......
hypehat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 18, 2012, 11:59:38 AM »

Saw a 70's pressing of this the other day. But couldn't buy it Sad

All roads lead to Kokomo. Exhaustive research in time travel has conclusively proven that there is no alternate universe WITHOUT Kokomo. It would've happened regardless.
What is this "life" thing you speak of ?

Quote from: Al Jardine
Syncopate it? In front of all these people?!
The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: January 18, 2012, 01:26:02 PM »

Anyone know of a UK site this is still available at?  Thanks in advance…

Regardless of the price-this is absolutely essential. Apart from being a great album, the packaging is really nice, the liner notes very informative and the vinyl sounds rich and just fills the room.

A must-have

Many thanks for that Cliff1000uk - soon as I can get my sleeping one week-old son off my chest and into his cot, I'm on it! Great site that....
« Last Edit: January 18, 2012, 01:45:34 PM by John Manning » Logged

buddhahat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 18, 2012, 01:30:09 PM »

A must-have

Many thanks for that Cliff1000uk - soon as I can get my sleeping one week -old son off my. Best and into his cot, I'm on it! Great site that....

Congratulations!

SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 18, 2012, 01:46:45 PM »

A must-have

Many thanks for that Cliff1000uk - soon as I can get my sleeping one week -old son off my. Best and into his cot, I'm on it! Great site that....

Congratulations!
Ditto, thats awesome.

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 18, 2012, 04:13:57 PM »

Thank you fellas… he's with Mum now so I'm shopping…

The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 18, 2012, 04:25:15 PM »

… oooh and look what I found:

http://www.whatrecords.co.uk/items/57484.htm

gfx
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Up Print 
gfx