gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680897 Posts in 27619 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims May 05, 2024, 03:46:40 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 ... 26 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Brian Wilson Taping Soundstage Special With Special Guests  (Read 166392 times)
Dancing Bear
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #250 on: December 14, 2014, 04:27:50 PM »

I'm waiting for the new songs or Hold On Dear Brother.

That said, if Felipe is writing something that you disagree with, in my opinion it would be better to say that he's a moron who doesn't know what he's talking about than to question his English skills. Funny how someone's skills with a second language are never questioned when you agree with what he said.  Smiley

I'm fat as a cow oh how'd I ever get this way!
alf wiedersehen
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #251 on: December 14, 2014, 04:32:21 PM »

I think an important question to ask (applied to this situation) is "Is my Portuguese better than his English?"
« Last Edit: December 14, 2014, 05:31:59 PM by Bubbly Waves » Logged
Wirestone
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #252 on: December 14, 2014, 06:43:53 PM »

(Edit. Sigh.)
« Last Edit: December 14, 2014, 06:55:56 PM by Wirestone » Logged
Wirestone
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #253 on: December 14, 2014, 06:48:54 PM »

(And this too, while I'm at it.)
« Last Edit: December 14, 2014, 06:56:09 PM by Wirestone » Logged
drbeachboy
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #254 on: December 14, 2014, 07:03:20 PM »

(And this too, while I'm at it.)
Never Mind!
« Last Edit: December 14, 2014, 07:04:22 PM by drbeachboy » Logged

The Brianista Prayer

Oh Brian
Thou Art In Hawthorne,
Harmonied Be Thy name
Your Kingdom Come,
Your Steak Well Done,
On Stage As It Is In Studio,
Give Us This Day, Our Shortenin' Bread
And Forgive Us Our Bootlegs,
As We Also Have Forgiven Our Wife And Managers,
And Lead Us Not Into Kokomo,
But Deliver Us From Mike Love.
Amen.  ---hypehat
alf wiedersehen
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #255 on: December 14, 2014, 07:04:17 PM »

(Edit. Sigh.)

The event that dare not speak its name.
bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #256 on: December 14, 2014, 07:15:32 PM »

(Edit. Sigh.)

You decided to remove your posting mentioning the mods had removed all the Youtube links for this show yourself?  
Or you were warned to do so, by one( 2,3?) of the mods??  

I realize there is a policy about boots, but does this mean that every link EVER posted of a YOUTUBE Video which may not be "legal" has been wiped from the media?  
There are hundreds of them there( or were; I haven't checked)
 Or is it only the new Brian links?   done quietly and without notification here.  

Ohhh, it's suddenly a time of massive censorship on this board
« Last Edit: December 14, 2014, 07:39:55 PM by bgas » Logged

Nothing I post is my opinion, it's all a message from God
The Cincinnati Kid
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #257 on: December 14, 2014, 07:23:39 PM »

I can understand the possible reasoning for taking the links down, but I hope an explanation is being crafted at this time.   
guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

"Barba non facit aliam historici"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #258 on: December 14, 2014, 07:53:18 PM »

To avoid copyright issues and issues surrounding posting or sharing copyrighted material that could potentially effect the board, please do not publicly post or re-post any links to recordings of the concert which was filmed in Vegas on this board. Thank you, everyone, for your cooperation and understanding.

"All of us have the privilege of making music that helps and heals - to make music that makes people happier, stronger, and kinder. Don't forget: Music is God's voice." - Brian Wilson
?
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #259 on: December 14, 2014, 08:46:14 PM »

That's kind of odd...  Was an issue made about this or is the board being (overly) cautious?
startBBtoday
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #260 on: December 14, 2014, 09:05:33 PM »

Really enjoying the YouTube stuff, especially Al on Wouldn't It Be Nice, and Nate Reuss on all his leads, but who's doing that horrendous falsetto tag on California Girls?

Mickey Mouse with a sore throat?
Pretty Funky
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #261 on: December 14, 2014, 09:29:59 PM »

To avoid copyright issues and issues surrounding posting or sharing copyrighted material that could potentially effect the board, please do not publicly post or re-post any links to recordings of the concert which was filmed in Vegas on this board. Thank you, everyone, for your cooperation and understanding.

Can the words 'Ed Pinchak' and 'Youtube' be used here?
Custom Machine
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #262 on: December 14, 2014, 10:17:02 PM »

Craig, are you at liberty to tell us a little more about this?  I can't imagine that the board mods decided on their own to delete the previous links and request that no more links be posted.  After all, YouTube is a legitimate site, owned by one of the largest corporations in the world, with millions of copyright holders happily monetizing, via YouTube ads, the appearance of videos containing their material.  As I'm writing this the videos previously linked are still up, but if a removal request has been submitted it may have not yet taken effect. 

I am looking forward to the PBS Soundstage presentation, and although it would not be a true representation of history, personally I'm in favor of just about any vocal post production and sweeting they wish to add, short of giving BW or anyone else a robotic sound.  And I'd be really surprised if they don't go to the trouble of sweetening the performance with some newly recorded vocals here and there, as was done a half century ago with the BB's first live album.

Is the concern that some entity doesn't want the public to see and hear the concert in it's original form?  Comments on this board have been quite positive, but are they concerned about some that have been less than stellar, such as some jerk on this board using the term "horrendous" to describe the falsetto tag on Calif Girls?  I can tell you unequivocally that the Calif Girls vocal tag done in the concert (by Brian E?) is ten zillion times better any vocal tag attempt that could have been attempted by the poster who made that comment.  "Less than stellar" would have been a much better description than "horrendous".

Pretty Funky
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #263 on: December 14, 2014, 10:46:02 PM »

They are still on Brian's own message board.....Go figure? Huh
« Last Edit: December 14, 2014, 10:47:35 PM by Pretty Funky » Logged
bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #264 on: December 15, 2014, 12:00:49 AM »

They are still on Brian's own message board.....Go figure? Huh

Which is why it seems silly to have yanked the links from this board

Nothing I post is my opinion, it's all a message from God
stack-o-tracks
Smiley Smile Associate

The baker man

View Profile
« Reply #265 on: December 15, 2014, 12:12:33 AM »

Are the suits all up in here, or is it me? It really is a mystery....

If the mods the links they yank, they're still on Youtube to be frank, now what the hell?

Strange, really. All the links are still on YouTube, though a nice video of Sail On, Sailor has been taken down from an Instagram account, leading me to believe the suits are involved somehow. Don't they know that zero people who use the internet watch PBS, and zero people who watch PBS use the internet?

Just a reminder that you can always download streaming media before the powers that be try to pull it from the internet in their attempt at what I would call "damage control."

YOU CAN REMOVE THE VIDEOS BUT U"LL NEVER TAKE MY LOW BITRATE BOOTLEGS!!1!1111one!!!

Suits probably don't want people to know how good the show actually was before Joe Thomas gets his fuckin' robot singing hands all over it.....

No mas, por favor.
Pretty Funky
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #266 on: December 15, 2014, 01:05:14 AM »

Suits probably don't want people to know how good the show actually was before Joe Thomas gets his fuckin' robot singing hands all over it.....

LOL
smile-holland
Smiley Smile Associate

The dream of Amsterdamee...

View Profile
« Reply #267 on: December 15, 2014, 01:11:27 AM »

Craig, are you at liberty to tell us a little more about this?  I can't imagine that the board mods decided on their own to delete the previous links and request that no more links be posted.  After all, YouTube is a legitimate site, owned by one of the largest corporations in the world, with millions of copyright holders happily monetizing, via YouTube ads, the appearance of videos containing their material.  As I'm writing this the videos previously linked are still up, but if a removal request has been submitted it may have not yet taken effect. 

That's kind of odd...  Was an issue made about this or is the board being (overly) cautious?

We were informed that a certain record company is giving YT movies from Brian's Vegas concert more than average attention at the moment, regarding copyrght infringements. Which is the reason why we don't want to take any risks right now. There wasn't any reason to warn about this prior to the concert as we only got word on this after the performance. So we understand it might come accross as a sudden and hurried decision. Call it 'overly cautious' if you will, but we'd rather do it this way than getting official warnings about it.

When it comes to posting links to YT we usually don't make a problem of it. And one can question if even so much as posting a link (in this case) would harm this board. On the other hand we know this is one of those boards that is monitored on a regular basis. And by posting links, we actually make it an easier job for a record company (or for that matter anyone) to easily look up these movies and get them removed. I'm sure more movies will pop up on YT these next couple of days. So if you really want to see and hear Brian's new songs or parts of the gig in general, my advise would be to actively screen YT, and if they do surface, enjoy them while you can. Posting a link here will only get them removed even more quickly.

Please believe us that we wouldn't do this if we didn't take these signs seriously.

Rule of thumb, think BEFORE you post. And THINK how it may affect someone else's feelings.

Check out the Beach Boys Starline website, the place for pictures of many countries Beach Boys releases on 45.

Listening to you I get the music; Gazing at you I get the heat; Following you I climb the mountain; I get excitement at your feet
Right behind you I see the millions; On you I see the glory; From you I get opinions; From you I get the story
Sie W
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #268 on: December 15, 2014, 03:11:40 AM »

Probably get something along the lines of this I got in 2008....

YouTube | Broadcast Yourself™

Dear Member:

This is to notify you that we have removed or disabled access to the following material as a result of a third-party notification by Brother Records Inc claiming that this material is infringing:

The Beach Boys - Then I Kissed Her: http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=nOlMkUDaS2U

Please Note: Repeated incidents of copyright infringement will result in the deletion of your account and all videos uploaded to that account. In order to prevent this from happening, please delete any videos to which you do not own the rights and refrain from uploading additional videos that infringe on the copyrights of others. For more information about YouTube's copyright policy, please read the Copyright Tips guide.

If you elect to send us a counter notice, please go to our Help Centre to access the instructions.
Be aware that there may be adverse legal consequences in your country if you make a false or bad faith allegation of copyright infringement by using this process.
Sincerely,

YouTube, Inc.

Copyright © 2007 YouTube, Inc.

I put it on for my own pleasure..... Never again Sir!
Fall Breaks
Smiley Smile Associate

How it really got to my soul

View Profile
« Reply #269 on: December 15, 2014, 04:19:05 AM »

I love Saturday Night On Hollywood Blvd! Reminds of We Are Golden by Mika.

"I think people should write better melodies and sing a little sweeter, and knock off that stupid rap crap, y’know? Rap is really ridiculous" -- Brian Wilson, 2010
?
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #270 on: December 15, 2014, 04:23:48 AM »

Thanks for the clarification, SMiLE Holland.

The labels really need to look at themselves in the mirror when they're wondering why the music business continues to evaporate.  Is there anything more daft than shutting down free promotion?
Lee Marshall
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #271 on: December 15, 2014, 05:46:24 AM »

Thanks for the clarification, SMiLE Holland.

Is there anything more daft than shutting down free promotion?

No.  Every 'play' is a free 'ad' for the artist and/or the album in whatever form it's available for the use of the consumer...or in this case...eyes on the show and then on the dvd.  At NO time since the advent of the 45 rpm disc has anything remotely connected to the music industry been done with any kind of 'smarts'.

As for 78s and sheet music before it?  Up YOURS"...I'm not THAT old. Wink

"Add Some...Music...To Your Day.  I do.  It's the only way to fly.  Well...what was I gonna put here?  An apple a day keeps the doctor away?  Hum me a few bars."   Lee Marshall [2014]

Donald  TRUMP!  ...  Is TOAST.  "What a disaster."  "Overrated?"... ... ..."BIG LEAGUE."  "Lots of people are saying it"  "I will tell you that."   Collusion, Money Laundering, Treason.   B'Bye Dirty Donnie!!!  Adios!!!  Bon Voyage!!!  Toodles!!!  Move yourself...SPANKY!!!  Jail awaits.  It's NO "Witch Hunt". There IS Collusion...and worse.  The Russian Mafia!!  Conspiracies!!  Fraud!!  This racist is goin' down...and soon.  Good Riddance.  And take the kids.
NickandthePassions
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #272 on: December 15, 2014, 05:55:00 AM »

Saturday Night on Hollywood Blvd. is fantastic!  No Pier Pressure looks like it'll be a great one. I just don't want one of the artists to get too much fame singing one of Brian's songs.

"Living a dream
Don't wanna sleep
Might miss something"
GoodVibrations33
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #273 on: December 15, 2014, 06:03:44 AM »

Anybody see Brian hobble off stage and knock his chair over after "Fun, Fun, Fun"?  Is he having back problems again?  I thought he was on the mend, he seemed to be doing better up until I saw this.
Cam Mott
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #274 on: December 15, 2014, 06:12:32 AM »

Saturday Night on Hollywood Blvd. is fantastic!  No Pier Pressure looks like it'll be a great one. I just don't want one of the artists to get too much fame singing one of Brian's songs.

It's kind of Brian's Kokomo.

"Bring me the head of Carmen Sandiego" Lynne "The Chief" Thigpen
gfx
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 ... 26 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx