gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680903 Posts in 27619 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims May 07, 2024, 05:57:58 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: John Cale playing Velvet Underground songs live in concert!!!  (Read 752 times)
Rocky Raccoon
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: May 21, 2016, 02:46:00 PM »

This is incredible.  Last month in Paris, John Cale played the Velvet Underground & Nico album in its entirety, most definitely the first time any member of the Velvets has done anything of the sort.  I hadn't heard of most of the guest artists except for Animal Collective but they do a fine job.  Some of the songs are done pretty straightforward, some are radical reworkings, the latter which are hit and miss but still worth looking at.  Still seeing John Cale who has never been one to really look into the past revisit VU songs is really something to see.  An edited version of the performance (which reportedly omits some White Light/White Heat songs that were also played at the concert) is streaming here.

http://concert.arte.tv/fr/john-cale-and-guests-velvet-underground-nico

It's highly unlikely but I wonder if Cale has considered taking this on tour in the US.  I would buy tickets to that in a second.

gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx