gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680998 Posts in 27626 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims May 14, 2024, 09:41:10 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Brians new album?...  (Read 3224 times)
matt-zeus
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« on: September 14, 2007, 06:37:25 AM »

I was thinking today about the news we had a few months ago about Brians new album, the one which was reported that he'd recorded a load of demos with Scott Bennett, obviously we can assume that most of this became Lucky old sun, but that still leaves some other things - A Spanish Language ballad (to rival God only knows apparently!) could this be related to that Mexican flavoured one in TLOS?
Also, weren't there tracks being written with the chap from Ambrosia (70s soft rock band)?
Anyway, i'm hoping for an album out of this, but whether it will be TLOS on its own (reportedly about 30 minutes in length) or whether it will be integrated into a new album like the Who did with Endless wire (where they started off with a load of new tracks and then had their new multiparted rock opera at the end) is open to debate.
I'm not sure, it might be nice to have TLOS on its own, but then it also might be nice to have some extra tracks too.
Can anyone else remember any details?

Disco, disco, discotheque mama...

My music: http://www.thebrigadier.co.uk
Ron
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2007, 07:44:05 AM »

Brian mentioned when he was talking about that album that Proud Mary was going to be on it, lol.  So maybe it would be 4 or 5 extra tracks like that kind of tacked on along with the "Lucky Old Sun" stuff. 
matt-zeus
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2007, 08:22:40 AM »

Oh yes 'Proud Mary', how could one forget about that!

Disco, disco, discotheque mama...

My music: http://www.thebrigadier.co.uk
Roger Ryan
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2007, 09:42:05 AM »

Well, he's getting a little closer to putting "Proud Mary" out there since reports have noted that Brian has included his PM "Rock..Roll...Rocking & Roll" chant in TLOS!

One question: with ten actual songs, plus the spoken word narratives, plus the linking musical interludes and rounds, isn't TLOS closer to the 40 - 45 minute mark than the 30 minute mark in length? If that's the case, I feel pretty certain TLOS on its own will be Brian's next studio release.
Dr. Tim
Smiley Smile Associate

"Would you put a loud count on it for us please?"

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2007, 10:38:07 AM »

Well who's going to release it?  He says he's unsigned at the moment (see the news link at the bottom of the screen).  Will he try to line up a deal first or record it on his own dime and then try to shop it?  And failing that, self-release it like the Roxy double?  Sure all that could happen, but I would think they'd try to get a deal first before expending all that cash, even if it is only pocket change to someone like Brian.  He might need to seek out a boutique label as opposed to one of the hoary dinosaur companies like Warners or Arista - which could end up as a win-win if sales are respectable enough to make it a "prestige" or "legacy" release.

Hey kids! Remember:
mono mixes suck donkey dick
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2007, 11:01:59 AM »

Put it out on Capitol.

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
Malc
Smiley Smile Associate

It's all about 'harmony' ...

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2007, 11:34:28 AM »

Put it out on Capitol.

and credit it to 'The Brian Wilson Band' ... after all, Scottie helped write it, Paul co-arranged sections, Darian helped sequence it, Jeff is an integral part of it ... as is Taylor, Probyn, Bob, Nick, Nelson, Jim and the Stockholm Strings ...  Cool

www.facebook.com/beachboysalbumsleeves - a cool place to visit !
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

"Too dumb for New York City, too ugly for L.A."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2007, 12:41:34 PM »

Put it out on Capitol.

and credit it to 'The Brian Wilson Band' ... after all, Scottie helped write it, Paul co-arranged sections, Darian helped sequence it, Jeff is an integral part of it ... as is Taylor, Probyn, Bob, Nick, Nelson, Jim and the Stockholm Strings ...  Cool

What about "Cute Taylor Mills plus ten" ?  Cheesy

a diseased bunch of mo'fos if there ever was one… their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons.

- Lester Bangs on The Beach Boys

PRO SHOT BEACH BOYS CONCERTS - LIST

To sum it up, they blew it, they blew it consistently, they continue to blow it, it is tragic and this pathological problem caused The Beach Boys' greatest music to be so underrated by the general public.

- Jack Rieley
Bicyclerider
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2007, 12:42:17 PM »

I have no doubt that no label would have been all that interested in Brialn's next album/TLOS without Brian's management first having him premiere it live to great critical acclaim, creating a "buzz" that might get a major interested in releasing it.

It worked for Smile, and it appears to be working for TLOS.
Wirestone
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2007, 01:20:20 PM »

There's also the "Beatle Man" song that he talked about in interviews a couple of weeks ago.

He said he wrote 18 songs in the summer of 06. With 9 of the them (the 10th is Goin' Home from the Paley sessions) in TLOS, that leaves another 9.

Seems like TLOS could have a follow-up album already written.
the captain
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2007, 01:29:47 PM »

This is an excerpt from one of my posts a month ago about this topic (more or less). It includes those song titles that had been mentioned a year ago as being from his "upcoming album."

There could be:
Live Let Live
What Love Can Do

Previously mentioned (last September, when news of an upcoming album bounced around):
Oxygen to the Brain
I'm Goin' Home
A Message Man
Wonderin' What You're Up to Now
Proud Mary

Have there been other rumors or one-offs out there that we might reasonably expect there? You don't think he'd reuse Spirit of Rock 'n' Roll or Walking Down the Path of Life, do you?

Demon-Fighting Genius; Patronizing Twaddler; Argumentative, Sanctimonious Prick; Sensationalist Dullard; and Douche who (occasionally to rarely) puts songs here.

No interest in your assorted grudges and nonsense.
Wirestone
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 14, 2007, 03:02:04 PM »

Just for kicks:

Beatle Man
Spanish ballad
Walkin Down the Path of Life
What Love Can Do
Believe in Yourself (still love this song)

and then --

You're Still a Mystery
Some Sweet Day
My Mary Anne
Rock and Roll Express
Proud Mary

Look -- it's a follow up album!
Ron
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 14, 2007, 03:40:42 PM »

I think I'd like best for it to be released as a big 'ol live cd with a bunch of live songs he didn't do on the roxy album, plus the whole Lucky Old Sun movement live. 
Fun Is In
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 14, 2007, 03:54:11 PM »

What? No rock'n'roll album? Shocked
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

"Too dumb for New York City, too ugly for L.A."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: September 14, 2007, 04:12:16 PM »

What? No rock'n'roll album? Shocked

There's some cool rock-stuff on TLOS

a diseased bunch of mo'fos if there ever was one… their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons.

- Lester Bangs on The Beach Boys

PRO SHOT BEACH BOYS CONCERTS - LIST

To sum it up, they blew it, they blew it consistently, they continue to blow it, it is tragic and this pathological problem caused The Beach Boys' greatest music to be so underrated by the general public.

- Jack Rieley
Jonas
Smiley Smile Associate

I've got the Beach Boys, my friends got the Stones

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 14, 2007, 04:18:07 PM »

I'd love them to release 'You're Still a Mystery' but I wouldnt want them to replace the original vocals...

We would like to record under an atmosphere of calmness. - Brian Wilson
--
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g1IgXT3xFdU
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: September 14, 2007, 08:34:49 PM »

If Brian's singing as good as he has been lately, I wouldn't mind a remake!

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx