gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680885 Posts in 27619 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims May 02, 2024, 05:16:15 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Brian Wilson / Wayne Coyne Interview  (Read 16583 times)
rocksucker
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: December 05, 2011, 03:29:11 PM »

You have to wonder what he was expecting. Being unimpressed is one thing, but I think it's wrong to judge anyone suffering from mental illness. People who haven't experienced it can't even begin to imagine what it's like, and it comes off as incredibly ignorant. I would no sooner mock someone with a physical handicap for not getting around as well as I do.

This is a salient point, insomuch as I've always had the feeling that it's not something that Wayne has a grasp of. I actually applaud Wayne for speaking his mind about people who he feels to be lacking in basic humility, but despite his 'freakiness' he comes across as a very well-balanced individual and I've got the impression with things he's said in the past that he doesn't quite understand that not everyone is as fortunate as he is in this respect.

rocksucker.co.uk
gfx
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx