gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680956 Posts in 27623 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims May 10, 2024, 12:30:00 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 ... 107 108 109 110 111 [112] Go Down Print
Author Topic: MiC up for order on Amazon, August release  (Read 443116 times)
TomWollaert
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2775 on: August 31, 2013, 09:21:49 AM »

I really love what they've done with "Don't Go Near the Water". First time I've been able to listen to it without cringing!  Cheesy

Mike Love's just a sentimental sap, you guys.
ArchStanton
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2776 on: August 31, 2013, 09:29:47 AM »

Biggest shock of this box set for me is that I rather like the "Summer in Paradise" live song. I kind of enjoy that album in a kitschy, early 90s so bad it's good kind of way, but I think I like this...for what it is.

Weird.
monicker
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2777 on: August 31, 2013, 12:28:58 PM »

Yikes, still haven't received it from ImportCDs (though i've heard all the unreleased/new stuff already). I really thought the point of pre-ordering something is to get it on, or maybe a day or two after, release day. Actually, if something is not limited run, what is the purpose of pre-ordering?

Don't be eccentric, this is a BEACH BOYS forum, for God's sake!
sockittome
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2778 on: August 31, 2013, 06:47:56 PM »

Fun Fun Fun is a full stereo mix (as in, vocals & instr.) of the single version, full fade and all.  Sounds great to my ears!
Emdeeh
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2779 on: August 31, 2013, 07:28:56 PM »

It's shipped -- FINALLY!!

Rocky Raccoon
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2780 on: August 31, 2013, 07:31:49 PM »

Biggest shock of this box set for me is that I rather like the "Summer in Paradise" live song. I kind of enjoy that album in a kitschy, early 90s so bad it's good kind of way, but I think I like this...for what it is.

Weird.

Part of the reason is that it's almost completely different from the album version.  They knowingly changed it and added a chorus to make it better.  I like this version as well but if you listen to the original, it's awful.

HeyJude
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2781 on: August 31, 2013, 07:35:24 PM »

Weird.

The SIP tracks worked better live than on the album. The album, setting aside the wonky writing and style choices, had some really bad production. I wouldn't even necessarily fault the early work with ProTools digital recording. That probably contributed to the overly-harsh, digital sound. But it's also the awful electronic drum sounds and the uber-90's sound. "Summer of Love" is like Exhibit A for like ten different wrong things. It rips off an already middling-at-best song when it rips off the riff of "Some of Your Love", it also has to have callbacks to old BB hits in the lyrics, and it has that beat-box 90's sound thing that was already dated in 1992.

Anywho, stuff like the SIP title track and even the ill-advised cover of "Under the Boardwalk" worked better live. They even did a few others early on before they were dropped from the setlist, like another ill-advised cover, "Hot Fun in the Summertime."

THE BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE IS ON FACEBOOK!!! http://www.facebook.com/beachboysopinion - Check out the original "BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE" Blog - http://beachboysopinion.blogspot.com/
GoodVibrations33
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2782 on: November 03, 2013, 04:40:39 AM »

Any update on when the online sessionography for MIC will be available?
c-man
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2783 on: November 03, 2013, 06:51:16 AM »

The longer it's taking, the better it's becoming - meaning, more complete and more accurate - so I think it'll be worth it. Hopefully so will everyone who reads it!  My master plan is to have it finished & available to read online right around the Christmas ordering rush, so that manifold potential gift shoppers will see it while surfing (the 'net) and become so enthralled with the captivating story of the Beach Boys' music that they order MIC for the music fan in their lives, and it becomes a million-plus seller by New Years!   
SurfRiderHawaii
Smiley Smile Associate

Add Some Music to your day!

View Profile
« Reply #2784 on: November 03, 2013, 12:29:37 PM »

Price down to $109 on US Amazon

"Brian is The Beach Boys. He is the band. We're his f***ing messengers. He is all of it. Period. We're nothing. He's everything" - Dennis Wilson
Mayoman
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2785 on: November 03, 2013, 12:55:37 PM »

Yikes, still haven't received it from ImportCDs (though i've heard all the unreleased/new stuff already). I really thought the point of pre-ordering something is to get it on, or maybe a day or two after, release day. Actually, if something is not limited run, what is the purpose of pre-ordering?
ImportCDs is known to sometimes cancel pre-orders without notice, so you may want to contact them.
GoodVibrations33
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2786 on: November 03, 2013, 01:23:56 PM »

The longer it's taking, the better it's becoming - meaning, more complete and more accurate - so I think it'll be worth it. Hopefully so will everyone who reads it!  My master plan is to have it finished & available to read online right around the Christmas ordering rush, so that manifold potential gift shoppers will see it while surfing (the 'net) and become so enthralled with the captivating story of the Beach Boys' music that they order MIC for the music fan in their lives, and it becomes a million-plus seller by New Years!   

Thanks for the update, c-man!  Sounds like it's gonna be awesome!!!
Gertie J.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2787 on: November 03, 2013, 08:01:56 PM »

yesssss!!!!!!!!!

dj, blogger, and hanger-on
Niko
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2788 on: November 03, 2013, 08:06:01 PM »

It's sure to sell a million units   Grin

gfx