gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680989 Posts in 27625 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims May 12, 2024, 11:12:32 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: proper way to clean vinyl  (Read 3783 times)
punkinhead
Smiley Smile Associate

what it means to be human

View Profile
« on: March 09, 2007, 09:08:34 PM »

can somebody give me some good tips on cleaning records?

To view my video documentation of my Beach Boys collection go to www.youtube.com/justinplank

"Someone needs to tell Adrian Baker that imitation isn't innovation." -The Real Beach Boy

~post of the century~
"Well, you reached out to me too, David, and I'd be more than happy to fill Bgas's shoes. You don't need him anyway - some of us have the same items in our collections as he does and we're also much better writers. Spoiled brat....."
-Mikie

"in this online beach boy community, I've found that you're either correct or corrected. Which in my mind is all in good fun to show ones knowledge of their favorite band."- punkinhead
MBE
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2007, 02:43:20 AM »

Ok buy a proper record cleaning brush. Use record cleaner fluid or distiled water. Pour a little on the record use brush to get the entire surface. Play record wet, dry afterwards with a soft washrag. Also buy a needle cleaner.
SG7
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2007, 07:34:06 AM »

http://www.doityourself.com/stry/vinyl
Daniel S.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2007, 03:32:10 PM »

You know, you guys shouldn't make fun of punkinhead. I too would like to have a record collection and a nice stereo system some day. Some day when I have a lot of moolah. And I don't know sh*t about cleaning a record.

Let us all stay teenage gamblers listening to the radio.
punkinhead
Smiley Smile Associate

what it means to be human

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2007, 10:41:34 PM »

thank you

To view my video documentation of my Beach Boys collection go to www.youtube.com/justinplank

"Someone needs to tell Adrian Baker that imitation isn't innovation." -The Real Beach Boy

~post of the century~
"Well, you reached out to me too, David, and I'd be more than happy to fill Bgas's shoes. You don't need him anyway - some of us have the same items in our collections as he does and we're also much better writers. Spoiled brat....."
-Mikie

"in this online beach boy community, I've found that you're either correct or corrected. Which in my mind is all in good fun to show ones knowledge of their favorite band."- punkinhead
MBE
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2007, 10:01:06 PM »

I wasn't making fun of him.. That is how I clean records. Btw save some money to start  a record collection it us a wonderful hobby.
halblaineisgood
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2007, 08:49:09 AM »

cleaning records is overated, just keep it in its sleeve and blow on the needle when dust collects.....unless you're a real serious record collector any kind of "cleaning system" or whatever they're trying to sell you is a waste of money. thats just my two cents
MBE
« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2007, 12:30:40 PM »

On a system that would perserve your vinyl, (say anothing over $300) the records do need to be damp to play their best.
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx