gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
681043 Posts in 27629 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims May 17, 2024, 06:49:51 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Hear Dion's new single "I Read It (In The Rolling Stone)"  (Read 1412 times)
RockabillyNBlues
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: December 13, 2011, 02:18:55 PM »

Rolling Stone is premiering Dion's latest single "I Read It (In The Rolling Stone)". Find out how you can hear it here...http://rockabillynblues.blogspot.com/2011/12/rolling-stone-premieres-dions-new.html
Ron
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2011, 11:15:56 PM »

I saw Dion in concert in about 1995.  Complete asshole.  It was an oldies show, and he came out after about 10 vintage acts (Little Eva believe it or not, Peter Noone, The Tokens, Little Anthony, etc.) and refused to sing anything anybody had ever heard of.  So he just did about half an hour sitting on a stool off of whatever his latest album was.  

It was like one big garden party. 
Alex
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2011, 06:30:51 AM »

Dion couldn`t please anyone, so he just pleased himself. LOL

"I thought Brian was a perfect gentleman, apart from buttering his head and trying to put it between two slices of bread"  -Tom Petty, after eating with Brian.

https://givemesomeboots1.blogspot.com/
RockabillyNBlues
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2011, 06:58:58 PM »

lol...now I want to go listen to Rick Nelson's "Garden Party"! Smiley
Ron
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2011, 11:58:52 PM »

I mean I can understand where he's coming from, but you know sometimes you have to dance with the one that brought ya, you know what I mean?

At all those oldies shows, you know who were the best two?  1. Peter Noone from Herman's Hermits.  That guy is awesome.  He's funny, he can still go, he's good with the crowd, etc... and  2., Lou Christie.  That guy's a rock star.  He had all these women about 40 years old who had plastic surgery and crap wearing dresses too tight being groupie sluts dancing up near the stage.  It was something to watch. He's wearing those flashy suits people wore in the late 80's, and just ROCKED that place.  I went to this one show, he killed it for about 40 minutes, after he sang all HIS hits, he started singing other people's hits, It was crazy, it was like he was just showing off or something.  I swear to god, eventually they came on stage and took the microphone away from him.  Afterwards he probably took about 10 women back to his hotel.  Guy had to be pushing 60, still acting like he's 25.  

Here's some of his shtick from about a month ago.  Still rockin'

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=byfCFVGu5QQ&feature=related
« Last Edit: December 17, 2011, 12:07:48 AM by Ron » Logged
jeffh
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2012, 01:24:14 PM »

I saw Dion in Milwaukee maybe six years ago in an oldie show. He came on last, and did a TON of his old hits, in addition to one or two of his newer songs. He was great.
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx