gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
681079 Posts in 27629 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims May 22, 2024, 03:09:21 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: H-Bowl '08  (Read 1563 times)
onkster
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: September 05, 2008, 08:18:00 AM »

Anybody going to the Bowl shows next weekend?

I'll be at the Saturday night show...pretty far back, though...
endofposts
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2008, 01:59:59 PM »

Give a review, please.  I wonder how well the tickets are selling.  Since it's the end of Bowl season, there are fireworks, and it's an oldies show, maybe they're doing well.  Although more than one night at the Bowl is a lot of seats.  I'm going to Oakland tonight, and sales don't appear to be going well at all. As of today, orchestra upgrades that are pretty close in are selling at  balcony seat prices.  The top ticket prices of $125 haven't moved much at all, to the point of front row seats still being available.  I'll find out tonight how many seats they manage to fill at the much-smaller venue at the Paramount.  Maybe they'll give them away.  But the show has gotten almost no local promotion, to the point of not even appearing in the upcoming shows listing in at least one major suburban paper.
Rich Panteluk
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2008, 07:46:02 AM »

I'll be at all three shows.  Woo Hoo! Can't wait.  My seats aren't great but I'll be there!
Shady
Smiley Smile Associate

I had to fix a lot of things this morning

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2008, 08:19:06 AM »

Give a review, please.  I wonder how well the tickets are selling.  Since it's the end of Bowl season, there are fireworks, and it's an oldies show, maybe they're doing well.  Although more than one night at the Bowl is a lot of seats.  I'm going to Oakland tonight, and sales don't appear to be going well at all. As of today, orchestra upgrades that are pretty close in are selling at  balcony seat prices.  The top ticket prices of $125 haven't moved much at all, to the point of front row seats still being available.  I'll find out tonight how many seats they manage to fill at the much-smaller venue at the Paramount.  Maybe they'll give them away.  But the show has gotten almost no local promotion, to the point of not even appearing in the upcoming shows listing in at least one major suburban paper.

I'm expecting average at best attendance for the TLOS shows, but the Hollywood Bowl shows are selling very well.

According to someone who would know.

Seriously, there was a Beach Boys Love You condom?!  Amazing.
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx