gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680989 Posts in 27625 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims May 12, 2024, 11:59:58 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: THE BEATLES REMASTERED... finally  (Read 3983 times)
P.J.
Smiley Smile Associate

The least you could do is smile.

View Profile
« on: April 07, 2009, 09:13:23 AM »

Got this email today...

We are delighted to announce the release of the original Beatles catalogue, which has been digitally re-mastered for the first time, for worldwide CD release on Wednesday, September 9, 2009 (09-09-09), the same date as the release of the widely anticipated "The Beatles: Rock Band" video game.

Each of the CDs is packaged with replicated original UK album art, including expanded booklets containing original and newly written liner notes and rare photos. For a limited period, each CD will also be embedded with a brief documentary film about the album. On the same date, two new Beatles boxed CD collections will also be released.

The albums have been re-mastered by a dedicated team of engineers at EMI's Abbey Road Studios in London over a four year period utilising state of the art recording technology alongside vintage studio equipment, carefully maintaining the authenticity and integrity of the original analogue recordings. The result of this painstaking process is the highest fidelity the catalogue has seen since its original release.

The collection comprises all 12 Beatles albums in stereo, with track listings and artwork as originally released in the UK, and 'Magical Mystery Tour,' which became part of The Beatles' core catalogue when the CDs were first released in 1987. In addition, the collections 'Past Masters Vol. I and II' are now combined as one title, for a total of 14 titles over 16 discs. This will mark the first time that the first four Beatles albums will be available in stereo in their entirety on compact disc. These 14 albums, along with a DVD collection of the documentaries, will also be available for purchase together in a stereo boxed set.

Within each CD's new packaging, booklets include detailed historical notes along with informative recording notes. With the exception of the 'Past Masters' set, newly produced mini-documentaries on the making of each album, directed by Bob Smeaton, are included as QuickTime files on each album. The documentaries contain archival footage, rare photographs and never-before-heard studio chat from The Beatles, offering a unique and very personal insight into the studio atmosphere.

A second boxed set has been created with the collector in mind. 'The Beatles in Mono' gathers together, in one place, all of the Beatles recordings that were mixed for a mono release. It will contain 10 of the albums with their original mono mixes, plus two further discs of mono masters (covering similar ground to the stereo tracks on 'Past Masters'). As an added bonus, the mono "Help!" and "Rubber Soul" discs also include the original 1965 stereo mixes, which have not been previously released on CD. These albums will be packaged in mini-vinyl CD replicas of the original sleeves with all original inserts and label designs retained.

Discussions regarding the digital distribution of the catalogue will continue. There is no further information available at this time.

http://www.thebeatles.com/newsletters/issue_044/images/catalogueimage.jpg

"I heard the word -- wonderful thing -- a children's song."
Wrightfan
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2009, 09:14:00 AM »

Drats! I was just about to post this (shakes fist)

I usually don't buy CD's anymore but this will be an exception.
P.J.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2009, 09:16:50 AM »

I am saving $ for just this summer. Remastered box set PLUS the Rock Band game.

Wrightfan
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2009, 09:28:23 AM »

I am saving $ for just this summer. Remastered box set PLUS the Rock Band game.

Yeah. Those two and the new tracks from the Beach Boys compilation=not too much money in the ole wallet  LOL
P.J.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2009, 11:10:20 AM »

As an added bonus, the mono "Help!" and "Rubber Soul" discs also include the original 1965 stereo mixes
Why not just use the original stereo mixes on the FIRST stereo box set???!!!  Undecided

Awesoman
Smiley Smile Associate

Disagreements? Work 'em out.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2009, 01:11:13 PM »

I'm going to be quite broke this year with all the CDs I'm buying.  We *finally* get the Beatles remastered; add to this the new Beach Boys compilation, the Rolling Stones remasters, the Eric Clapton/Steve Winwood live album and allegedly Al Jardine's album. 

And if you don't know where you're going
Any road will take you there
The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2009, 03:24:10 PM »

... the Rolling Stones remasters ... 
Again? Will they come with little certificates again?

“We live in divisive times.”
Music Machine
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2009, 07:54:08 PM »

I think it's a shame that as I understand it, the mono mixes will only be out as a limited edition boxed set as those were mixes the Beatles themselves were involved in and up till the White Album the format they prefered working in. Guess I better start saving up now for that.
Rocky
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2009, 11:37:25 PM »

i'm excited and feel like it's about time. I'm just sitting here imagining all the debates that are surely going to erupt on this board when everybody gets their first listens in though.
matt-zeus
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2009, 04:19:12 AM »

I think they should pad out the 'Past Masters' discs by including some of the unreleased songs from the Anthologies 'Come and get it etc', in fact personally i'd rather dispense of Past Masters altogether and get the A and B sides on the relevant albums.

To go further than that I'd rather a remix of the entire catalogue too, a'la; Yellow Submarine Songtrack (where it all sounded great), I don't give a hoot about any of the original mixes mono or stereo! - (That said the recent Genesis remixes weren't too great) I don't have any slavish devotion to George Martins panning, i'd rather hear the music as best as I can, that's why I always take the stereo 'Pet Sounds' over the mono, I don't give a monkeys about not hearing Mike on the bridge of WIBN etc etc......

Disco, disco, discotheque mama...

My music: http://www.thebrigadier.co.uk
P.J.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2009, 09:37:40 AM »

I always take the stereo 'Pet Sounds' over the mono, I don't give a monkeys about not hearing Mike on the bridge of WIBN etc etc......
I stick to the mono Pet Sounds because of the coda to "God Only Knows". The "new" one has no strength.

Getting back to the Beatles remasters. I'm really getting excited about them and can't wait to see those mini-docs included!

I also wonder if the "Red" and "Blue" albums will be re-released as well... eventually of course.

gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx