gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680928 Posts in 27621 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims May 08, 2024, 07:40:13 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Bruce....married or divorced?  (Read 28994 times)
filledeplage
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: November 05, 2014, 10:06:58 AM »

"the touring band" is a misnomer for the " The Mike Love Magic TM and groupies oogling project featuring Bruce Johnston"
Thanks, you just made my point. 

It might just be that "The Touring Band" is an entity recognized by BRI. 
bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: November 05, 2014, 10:25:16 AM »

Yes, obviously. I am agreeing with you about my huge mistake. You sure showed me! I think I got a little too hopped up on all the social change brought on by "Student Demonstration Time" and started getting inspired by Carl's conscientious objector status and decided to rebel against proper capitalization.
Maybe we don't agree, but that was this place if for.  I am first to defend content over form.  That is why we have spellcheck.  My iPad autocorrects and corrected the YouTube text.  (Notwithstanding entering lower case in web form.)

But that any supporters position of "The Touring Band" are targeted needlessly is getting old.  And hilarious, because I see and will continue to see any and all versions of this music sphere. 

If you hadn't "gone there" with minutiae, I would not have responded.   

You brought up SDT.  Not me. 

As you seem to base your reputation on your spellcheck, what exactly can we infer from your highlighted text?

Nothing I post is my opinion, it's all a message from God
filledeplage
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: November 05, 2014, 10:58:45 AM »

Yes, obviously. I am agreeing with you about my huge mistake. You sure showed me! I think I got a little too hopped up on all the social change brought on by "Student Demonstration Time" and started getting inspired by Carl's conscientious objector status and decided to rebel against proper capitalization.
Maybe we don't agree, but that was this place if for.  I am first to defend content over form.  That is why we have spellcheck.  My iPad autocorrects and corrected the YouTube text.  (Notwithstanding entering lower case in web form.)
But that any supporters position of "The Touring Band" are targeted needlessly is getting old.  And hilarious, because I see and will continue to see any and all versions of this music sphere. 

As you seem to base your reputation on your spellcheck, what exactly can we infer from your highlighted text?
No, I don't.  And, whatever iOS uses in its substituted judgment, isn't spellcheck, which is Microsoft-based. And, if I used spellcheck or grammar term erroneously, I apologize.  There is a "definite and identifiable" faction on this forum that becomes very contentious each and every time any time there is a positive or supportive position of the entity that is officially sanctioned to tour.  And that is always the subtext. 

And, it becomes a thread to bash, and harass any poster whose position is different, for nothing but viewpoint-based, little or nothing is resolved.  And at the point, I'm thinking it is harassment that is "viewpoint-based." I hope the mods are taking notice.  It is one faction who has continually used the forum to attack Mike's group.  And the same several posters who just jump in, as though on "speed-dial." There is a definite pattern. 

If I wrote "if" for "is" then mea culpa. 

And, I won't apologize for following any band configuration.  I see them all. There is greatness in each of them, if people choose to look.

ontor pertawst
Smiley Smile Associate

L♡VE ALWAYS WINS

View Profile WWW
« Reply #78 on: November 05, 2014, 11:07:03 AM »

I say we all take a deep breath and go back to being nosy about Bruce. Does he prefer stuffing or potatoes or both?
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: November 05, 2014, 11:07:27 AM »

Poor old Mike.... Roll Eyes

Crying with bud lights in club kokomo while Bruce pistolwhips fans for asking if he is married.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2014, 11:13:02 AM by SMiLE Brian » Logged

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: November 05, 2014, 11:14:05 AM »

No, I don't.  And, whatever iOS uses in its substituted judgment, isn't spellcheck, which is Microsoft-based. And, if I used spellcheck or grammar term erroneously, I apologize.  There is a "definite and identifiable" faction on this forum that becomes very contentious each and every time any time there is a positive or supportive position of the entity that is officially sanctioned to tour.  And that is always the subtext. 

And, it becomes a thread to bash, and harass any poster whose position is different, for nothing but viewpoint-based, little or nothing is resolved.  And at the point, I'm thinking it is harassment that is "viewpoint-based." I hope the mods are taking notice.  It is one faction who has continually used the forum to attack Mike's group.  And the same several posters who just jump in, as though on "speed-dial." There is a definite pattern. 

And, I won't apologize for following any band configuration.  I see them all. There is greatness in each of them, if people choose to look.

ahhh, the decline of the english language....  you write "that" for  that's, "was  for what, if for is. all in the space of half a sentence.
Need to send you back  to school.  
And, in case you didn't notice, while you're on your all the groups are great diatribe, this thread is about the lack of an answer to the question, Is Bruce divorced?
 Should you want to complain to the mods about those folks harassing you/Mike for whatever, please be polite and start your own thread

Nothing I post is my opinion, it's all a message from God
filledeplage
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: November 05, 2014, 11:30:25 AM »

ahhh, the decline of the english language....  you write "that" for  that's, "was  for what, if for is. all in the space of half a sentence.
Need to send you back  to school.  
And, in case you didn't notice, while you're on your all the groups are great diatribe, this thread is about the lack of an answer to the question, Is Bruce divorced?
 Should you want to complain to the mods about those folks harassing you/Mike for whatever, please be polite and start your own thread
bgas - my response was to Debbie, with regard the political opinion.  We have seen a thread topic spin off into another realm. I'm in the camp that thinks a personal life, is personal.  And just because a question is asked, it doesn't require a response.
Debbie Keil-Leavitt
« Reply #82 on: November 05, 2014, 11:41:21 AM »

Yes, obviously. I am agreeing with you about my huge mistake. You sure showed me! I think I got a little too hopped up on all the social change brought on by "Student Demonstration Time" and started getting inspired by Carl's conscientious objector status... I guess I must've been swept up in that fervor when I decided to rebel against proper capitalization. I can only hope the forces of moderation will take hold and I'll get back to proper capitalization.

I think Debbie was just making a tongue-in-cheek comment referring to our dear Bruce's "Obama is an asshole" stuff, anyway. Your response to that struck me as a bit "funny." Apologies!

Um yeah, it was a joke...Re: my attempt to stifle free speech in spite of the BBs profound influence on politics, I guess I'm just that kind of woman...I can't imagine any response I could make that could possibly address that commentary.  My head is still spinning.

How was any of this perceived as an attack on the touring band?  Who mentioned the touring band?  Go to all the shows you want, filledeplage (can't remember if it's capitalized or not, sorry).  I can't imagine that anyone is trying to stop you.  In fact, what would we do without your reviews?  I can honestly say that I've never read anything like them, ever...
filledeplage
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: November 05, 2014, 12:57:15 PM »

Yes, obviously. I am agreeing with you about my huge mistake. You sure showed me! I think I got a little too hopped up on all the social change brought on by "Student Demonstration Time" and started getting inspired by Carl's conscientious objector status... I guess I must've been swept up in that fervor when I decided to rebel against proper capitalization. I can only hope the forces of moderation will take hold and I'll get back to proper capitalization.

I think Debbie was just making a tongue-in-cheek comment referring to our dear Bruce's "Obama is an asshole" stuff, anyway. Your response to that struck me as a bit "funny." Apologies!

Um yeah, it was a joke...Re: my attempt to stifle free speech in spite of the BBs profound influence on politics, I guess I'm just that kind of woman...I can't imagine any response I could make that could possibly address that commentary.  My head is still spinning.

How was any of this perceived as an attack on the touring band?  Who mentioned the touring band?  Go to all the shows you want, filledeplage (can't remember if it's capitalized or not, sorry).  I can't imagine that anyone is trying to stop you.  In fact, what would we do without your reviews?  I can honestly say that I've never read anything like them, ever...
Debbie - thanks for your kind words...as the day post-election, with this huge power shift, I guess I'm thinking about all of those things, and am passionate about that whole dynamic.  Obama is live, right now, trying to do damage control after the election.  (Yes, that is off-topic!)

And, thanks for your posts as well as your respect for boundaries...
Debbie Keil-Leavitt
« Reply #84 on: November 05, 2014, 01:32:42 PM »

Debbie - thanks for your kind words...as the day post-election, with this huge power shift, I guess I'm thinking about all of those things, and am passionate about that whole dynamic.  Obama is live, right now, trying to do damage control after the election.  (Yes, that is off-topic!)

Ah, yes the election.  I just went out and bought a bottle of wine in response to that.  I don't think I'm going to bother with a glass.  I'm just going to try to drink it all down as fast as I can and pray for some strong meds..enough to last until 2016...
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

I drink expired tea. wanna sip or spit?

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: November 05, 2014, 10:05:24 PM »

You know, I found this thread highly entertaining. It's like a comedy of absurd, modern re-write of "Much ado about nothing", let's call it. I entirely agree with every post made by Mr. Edelson & HeyJude. I don't care 1 bit about BBs Britain, what Bruce did say there, but this specific thread title requires a simple yes-no answer. In fact, it's so simple a question it could've been asked in the Insignificant questions thread. But then, we wouldn't have such a funny exchange between ontor & filledeplage (+- others).

Short notice: the cat you see to the left is the best. Not counting your indoor cat who might have habit sitting at your left side when you post at SmileySmile.

Who is Lucille Ball & Vivian Vance Duet Fan Club CEO? Btw, such Club exists?

Zany zealous Zeddie eats broccoli at brunch break but doesn't do's & don't's due to duties.
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #86 on: November 05, 2014, 10:19:35 PM »

Um yeah, it was a joke...Re: my attempt to stifle free speech in spite of the BBs profound influence on politics, I guess I'm just that kind of woman...I can't imagine any response I could make that could possibly address that commentary.  My head is still spinning.

How was any of this perceived as an attack on the touring band?  Who mentioned the touring band?  Go to all the shows you want, filledeplage (can't remember if it's capitalized or not, sorry).  I can't imagine that anyone is trying to stop you.  In fact, what would we do without your reviews?  I can honestly say that I've never read anything like them, ever...

Ah, yes the election.  I just went out and bought a bottle of wine in response to that.  I don't think I'm going to bother with a glass.  I'm just going to try to drink it all down as fast as I can and pray for some strong meds..enough to last until 2016...
I'm so bummed by the whole state of affairs that i may need something stronger than wine lol

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #87 on: November 06, 2014, 05:16:07 AM »

Go to all the shows you want, filledeplage (can't remember if it's capitalized or not, sorry).

It's generally rendered thusly: "filledeplage".

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
Don Malcolm
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: November 06, 2014, 05:54:46 PM »

Great to have you here, Debbie. It's often contentious here, and you show great patience (and much good humor) with the peregrinations that often come into play when our strong personality types collide!

Public figures have a great deal of trouble keeping private matters private, and it doesn't hurt if we collectively look for ways to cut them some slack. If they are truly people of national importance (and Brian Wilson clearly still fits that definition...), then there will be intense interest for many and it will be virtually impossible to escape the scrutiny. Our natural curiosity is going to get the better of us more often than not. But we ought to find ways to let people have love lives that have as much love in them as possible. That's what we'd want for ourselves, and we ought to try to give it to those who are dealing with the "frenzy of reknown."
YoungInMind
Smiley Smile Newbie

Anna Maria Island = my other home

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: October 29, 2015, 11:46:35 AM »

I believe he may be currently separated from his wife.

I read that on one site only.  As someone else said, it's his business and I agree.

I found him to be a kind, welcoming Beach Boy at a concert we went to.  He came over, chatted with us for quite some time and did not hit on my beautiful 29 year old daughter which most men do.  That tells me he has his wife or someone in his life but again, not my business.

What I don't get is, Bruce told us he has 5 children.  I have never read about anything other than about him having 4 sons. Watching the Campfire on you tube, they were adorable young boys and apparently are successful young men.   I have a lot to say about my four children, one earns double what the family earned in our best days in her upper 20's (both 6 figures) and yes we're ever so proud of her, proud of all of them. So a father or mother speaking proudly about their children isn't uncommon.

If he wants to talk about his wife or anyone else, he will. He isn't shy.  Grin
gfx
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx