gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680917 Posts in 27621 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims May 08, 2024, 03:17:45 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Special Walmart Exclusive Product for C50  (Read 29054 times)
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #125 on: May 02, 2012, 04:43:08 AM »

So funny Mike wants to trade places with Justin Timberlake. LOL His banter from a few years back made fun of him.

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
Iron Horse-Apples
« Reply #126 on: May 02, 2012, 05:23:34 AM »

I managed to get to Walmart this morning and was shot at by masked gunmen as I entered. I dived for cover behind the Beatles section, which was full of black people with coldsores. Dodging an elephant turd, I made my way down the junk food aisle, which had been specially widened for the hordes of morbidly obese asian-oriental capitalists.

I asked one of the shelf stackers if they had the zine-pak, and she punched me in the face and accused me of not being trashy and fat enough to shop here. I explained I was a Beach Boys fan, and she took pity on me, and pointed to the frozen pig aisle.

I finally found the zine-pak, which had been tucked into the generous buttocks of white supremacist wearing clothes three years out of date!

After having to queue for 17 hours, I finally managed to get out of the door, where I was promptly hit by a pickup truck being driven by Obama's health reforms.

Angry

Still, at least I'll have something to read in hospital!

« Last Edit: May 02, 2012, 05:24:27 AM by Iron Horse-Apples » Logged
LostArt
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #127 on: May 02, 2012, 06:02:11 AM »

I managed to get to Walmart this morning and was shot at by masked gunmen as I entered. I dived for cover behind the Beatles section, which was full of black people with coldsores. Dodging an elephant turd, I made my way down the junk food aisle, which had been specially widened for the hordes of morbidly obese asian-oriental capitalists.

I asked one of the shelf stackers if they had the zine-pak, and she punched me in the face and accused me of not being trashy and fat enough to shop here. I explained I was a Beach Boys fan, and she took pity on me, and pointed to the frozen pig aisle.

I finally found the zine-pak, which had been tucked into the generous buttocks of white supremacist wearing clothes three years out of date!

After having to queue for 17 hours, I finally managed to get out of the door, where I was promptly hit by a pickup truck being driven by Obama's health reforms.

Angry

This is the funniest post I have read here in a long time.  You've made my day!
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #128 on: May 02, 2012, 06:13:07 AM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z8zNsUTWsOc

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
Wild-Honey
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #129 on: May 02, 2012, 06:43:20 AM »

Angry

Mine too Smiley
The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« Reply #130 on: May 02, 2012, 07:00:46 AM »

i still find it remarkable that they chose the appearance of Surfin USA in the movie Teen Wolf and the release of Stars & Stripes as two of their 20 biggest career milestones.
I also found that odd!  Also, what was Al thinking when he said that he'd want to be Katy Perry for a day??  Cheesy  Otherwise, a very nice commemorative package, and nice they put DIA12 on there!

Al probably didn't say that. He probably said "that he'd want to Help Me Rhonda Katy Perry for a day".   Grin

“We live in divisive times.”
The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« Reply #131 on: May 02, 2012, 07:02:56 AM »

Angry

Brilliant  LOL

“We live in divisive times.”
SBonilla
« Reply #132 on: May 02, 2012, 07:25:58 AM »

Angry

Mine too Smiley
That person has a fat fetish, among other things. Yuck. Get well soon.
coco1997
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #133 on: May 02, 2012, 03:12:07 PM »

Is the mp3 of "Do It Again" available anywhere other than this package?

"I've never been to Mars, but I imagine it's quite lovely."
bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #134 on: May 02, 2012, 03:17:48 PM »

NO. Please support your local Beach Boys and buy it now

Nothing I post is my opinion, it's all a message from God
southbay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #135 on: May 02, 2012, 03:19:56 PM »

NO. Please support your local Beach Boys and buy it now

There is no mp3 of DIA.  Just this CD

Summer's gone...it's finally sinking in
Heysaboda
Smiley Smile Associate

Son, don't wait till the break of day....

View Profile
« Reply #136 on: May 02, 2012, 03:25:52 PM »

Angry

Are you Bob Dylan??

Grin

Son, don't wait till the break of day 'cause you know how time fades away......
Heysaboda
Smiley Smile Associate

Son, don't wait till the break of day....

View Profile
« Reply #137 on: May 02, 2012, 03:31:36 PM »

who the heck is Bo Bice?

Undecided

Son, don't wait till the break of day 'cause you know how time fades away......
b00ts
Smiley Smile Associate

Greldont

View Profile WWW
« Reply #138 on: May 02, 2012, 04:57:46 PM »

Angry

This would have made me laugh out loud if I still had any capacty for human emotion. Seriously, great job, you fucking cutie pie! <3 <3  Grin (My first emoticon)

- B00ts
Ron
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #139 on: May 02, 2012, 05:22:16 PM »

This is truly one of the greatest threads on this message board.  "A day in the life of bill and sue" turns into "The day all the nerds had to go out in public". 

Oh, smiley face makes it nice.

Smiley
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #140 on: May 02, 2012, 05:29:23 PM »

Angry

This would have made me laugh out loud if I still had any capacty for human emotion. Seriously, great job, you f*cking cutie pie! <3 <3  Grin (My first emoticon)
What happened to your capacity for human emotion?

Freddie French-Pounce
Smiley Smile Associate

A.K.A. mrmoustachioto

View Profile
« Reply #141 on: May 02, 2012, 10:55:11 PM »

As they are back in stock on the website....

Is there anybody interested in buying a ZinePak and then shipping it to england for moi? (will will pay any applicable fees, but please don't use me for profit!)

Check out the Mono/Stereo Mix Breakdown podcast Mixology here: https://mixology.podbean.com/
Les Chan
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #142 on: May 03, 2012, 08:31:06 AM »

Made the trip to find the CD yesterday.

Store 1 - 1  copy was found.  Bought it for $13.88 plus tax

store 2 - No Copies found.  Upsetting !!

Store 3 - No copies found.  - Really mad because I spent my time and more gasoline driving around!!!

This is indeed a limited edition release!  Glad to have the one I bought and to hear the 2011 recording of Do It Again!
guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

"Barba non facit aliam historici"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #143 on: May 03, 2012, 09:08:05 AM »

who the heck is Bo Bice?

Undecided

This question says quite a lot about the staying power of the TV show "American Idol". I'll say no more, other than "Ruben Studdard"...

Bo Bice was a long-haired, country-rocker kind of singer who was on Idol and sang a version of "Vehicle" by Ides Of March that a lot of people liked. I don't remember if he won, but he had some visibility then got swallowed up into the Idol machine and beyond that I don't know.

"All of us have the privilege of making music that helps and heals - to make music that makes people happier, stronger, and kinder. Don't forget: Music is God's voice." - Brian Wilson
filledeplage
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #144 on: May 03, 2012, 09:42:19 AM »

After chuckling over a couple of posts in this thread, I ventured into a Walmart on Cape Cod.  Assuming (wrongly) I could locate it, myself, I cruised around the racks, finding one lonely Sounds of Summer.   The poor Fab 4 had Beastie Boys, improperly catalogued, among their stuff, but, suppose that it was at least common orthographic ground as between the two legendary groups.  

Found a salesperson to check the inventory, he responded that they were indeed on the list, but uncertain as to where they were located, and he just threw up his hands.   I almost gave up, consoling myself with the $5 bargain bin.  An old black and white image in a corner of a CD caught me.  Carl.  on something called 10 Great Songs?  2009?

Glancing up and straight ahead, the  Zine pack was there alright, with the newly released stuff.  It might have had some promotional posters, as Adele's seemed to.  Maybe they were part of the delivery but did not make it to the store floor.  They seemed to have a fair supply.    

Walmart takes some bashing but they do have some pretty reasonable prices.  Nordstrom's it ain't.  But, you can't buy a CD in Nordstrom's, so it all evens out in some way.  

The little "zine" book is worth the price...Timely and retro with good sized print, lovely graphics and little vignettes...It is always a treat to open a new Beach Boys album (or whatever they call it, now) even in Walmart!   Wink

pixletwin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #145 on: May 03, 2012, 09:43:16 AM »

I caved in and order mine on line yesterday.  Cry
Bedroom Tapes
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #146 on: May 03, 2012, 01:56:03 PM »

I dig the fun mad libs, little facts, and discography.  Nice little package.
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #147 on: May 04, 2012, 02:15:56 AM »

This is truly one of the greatest threads on this message board.  "A day in the life of bill and sue" turns into "The day all the nerds had to go out in public".  

Smiley

Know the funniest part ? Because WalMart will have sold out of the 'ZinePak in the stores and online in, like, two hours, they'll order up a whole mess more. Which will still be there in three years time.  Grin

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
filledeplage
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #148 on: May 04, 2012, 05:35:17 AM »

This is truly one of the greatest threads on this message board.  "A day in the life of bill and sue" turns into "The day all the nerds had to go out in public".  

Smiley

Know the funniest part ? Because WalMart will have sold out of the 'ZinePak in the stores and online in, like, two hours, they'll order up a whole mess more. Which will still be there in three years time.  Grin

Once you get past the "creep" factor walking in the door, there are a lot of great deals.  It doesn't have to feel so stark and factory like.  They could soften the décor (or lack, therof) with softer lighting and friendlier color tones. 

The employees do try, and are generally proactive, but they were clueless about where the Zines were.  If I was looking for Adele, or some "contemporary" music, there were posters which announced the location, directly below.  I was not the teen (even if I felt that way) in the music aisle anymore;  I was someone's mom, looking for 60's rock.  I wonder if Capitol printed posters to display alongside or above the Zine pack.  Very few brick and mortar sales points for music exist post mp3 technology, so Walmart is the place to go.

Capitol used to blanket stores with promotional material.  And, under the stark flourescent lighting, the tan color of the sand got "washed out" in one's visual field.  It was the wide spectrum red "The Beach Boys 50" which caught my eye.  Otherwise, I would have left Walmart after making "the pilgrimage" for naught.   I won't be going to another Walmart soon.   

They might think they have sold out, because they can't find where they put them. 

At least, where I was.   Wink
Wrightfan
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #149 on: May 04, 2012, 07:05:27 AM »

Really love the ezine. Highlight is Mike saying that he wished he had an honest attorney  LOL
gfx
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx