-->
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 12, 2024, 04:10:09 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
News: Carnival Of Sound
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  The Smiley Smile Message Board
|-+  Non Smiley Smile Stuff
| |-+  The Sandbox
| | |-+  RIGHT WINGERS
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: RIGHT WINGERS  (Read 7413 times)
Pinder's Gone To Kokomo And Back Again
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: May 29, 2013, 02:26:11 AM »

Someone has to do it lest we go on pretending to have a nuanced and shaded conversation around here.

The playpen is open!
Dunderhead
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2013, 02:27:38 AM »

uh....

You doing ok here?

TEAM COHEN; OFFICIAL CAPTAIN (2013-)
Jason
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2013, 07:11:11 AM »

A nuanced and shaded conversation? The "not-right wingers" can only reply with "durrrrrrr you're all racists". I've seen not one bit of racism in the last few threads here, unless suddenly criticizing the actions of people who just don't happen to be white (race rioters in Sweden) makes one a racist.
Chocolate Shake Man
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2013, 08:00:15 AM »

No, but saying that someone will always be incapable of being productive precisely because they are Somali is indeed prejudiced. Maybe you missed that part.
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2013, 08:11:43 AM »

Agreed

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
Jason
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2013, 09:04:04 AM »

No, but saying that someone will always be incapable of being productive precisely because they are Somali is indeed prejudiced. Maybe you missed that part.

Who said that and where?
grillo
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2013, 09:12:27 AM »

The only people more racist than right wingers are lefties who reinforce the creation of a permanent underclass through their vocal support of the oppressive welfare/warfare state (this underclass being largely people of color).
How ya like them apples?

“You never change things by fighting the existing reality.
To change something, build a new model that makes the existing model obsolete.”
― Richard Buckminster Fuller
Jason
« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2013, 09:25:42 AM »

Some Somalis demanding even more free stuff (even though everything is already handed to them for free) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VjtD8CL5_0Q

Please watch the video. Do you honestly think your political system could make these people productive? Virtually no Somalis work and they will not work in the future either.

Last night Somalis attacked our police force again and started some new fires: http://na.se/nyheter/orebro/1.2087259-polis-attackerad-av-stenkastande-ungdom

Immigration from the third world is really a windfall and a boon to mankind.

I have a funny feeling that rockandroll is referencing the quoted post above. There is no racism in this post. He's pointing out the failure of the Swedish welfare state that Somali people just happen to take advantage of and then claim they're somehow the "victims". Newsflash - it's not racism to call these people out on their bullshit. If it looks and quacks like one...
Mendota Heights
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2013, 09:45:29 AM »

My only goal is to describe reality as correctly as possible. Isn't that something we all should strive for?

These are of course just a few examples, you will find more if you do your due diligence rockandwrong. This is the reality we face in Sweden today and it won't change any time soon. Maybe you missed that part.

So do not call me a racist, call me a realist.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2013, 10:01:40 AM by Swedish Frog » Logged

I have been dubbed Mr. Pet Sounds and Mr. Country Love by polite and honored board member Smile Brian. I hope I live up to those esteemed titles.
Chocolate Shake Man
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2013, 09:54:35 AM »

Some Somalis demanding even more free stuff (even though everything is already handed to them for free) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VjtD8CL5_0Q

Please watch the video. Do you honestly think your political system could make these people productive? Virtually no Somalis work and they will not work in the future either.

Last night Somalis attacked our police force again and started some new fires: http://na.se/nyheter/orebro/1.2087259-polis-attackerad-av-stenkastande-ungdom

I have a funny feeling that rockandroll is referencing the quoted post above. There is no racism in this post. He's pointing out the failure of the Swedish welfare state that Somali people just happen to take advantage of and then claim they're somehow the "victims".

No, he isn't. He is saying that no political system could "make these people productive" since "Virtually no Somalis work and they will not work in the future." Of course, how could Swedish Frog presume to know what the Somalis will be doing in the future is anyone's guess but it clearly rests on the assumption that they are a lost cause, as an entire ethnic group. I would like to give him the benefit of the doubt by assuming that he doesn't realize the very real and monstrous implications of this, though his bizarre attempts to provide statistics that do not reinforce his claim (that he calls "racist", though I did not use that term) certainly chip away at the "innocently naïve" angle.

As you have noticed, I am quite happy to let this ilk have a field day with this discussion. In my opinion, it is beyond rational discussion which is why I left that thread and haven't returned once to look at it. The only reason I am responding now is to clear up your misapprehension but I would like to leave it at that. Personally, I'm not surprised that you have this opinion, but you're entitled to it but personally I find that it is a stance that is as easy to argue against as "They faked the moon landing."
« Last Edit: May 29, 2013, 10:02:50 AM by rockandroll » Logged
Jason
« Reply #10 on: May 29, 2013, 10:01:36 AM »

Well, regardless...they don't work because the welfare state gives them what they need without having to work. That's not racism, that's reality.
Chocolate Shake Man
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 29, 2013, 10:03:58 AM »

Well, regardless...they don't work because the welfare state gives them what they need without having to work. That's not racism, that's reality.

Again, that's not what Swedish Frog said, nor do I consider it reality since that flies in the face of how a welfare state historically operates. Take for example the enormous achievements that have come out of the welfare state for the rich in the United States.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2013, 10:05:07 AM by rockandroll » Logged
Mendota Heights
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 29, 2013, 10:05:35 AM »

Here is another example:

Sydsvenskan (http://translate.google.com/translate?sl=sv&tl=en&js=n&prev=_t&hl=sv&ie=UTF-8&eotf=1&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.sydsvenskan.se%2Fsverige%2Fett-problem-jamforbart-med-hiv-for-sveriges-somalier%2F&act=url). "- The ones who chew khat do not care anymore. They don't care about the children or their family, not about the economy or the future. They just sleep all day, Warsame Yassin Osman says."

I have been dubbed Mr. Pet Sounds and Mr. Country Love by polite and honored board member Smile Brian. I hope I live up to those esteemed titles.
drbeachboy
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 29, 2013, 10:10:28 AM »

I have a funny feeling that rockandroll is referencing the quoted post above. There is no racism in this post. He's pointing out the failure of the Swedish welfare state that Somali people just happen to take advantage of and then claim they're somehow the "victims".

No, he isn't. He is saying that no political system could "make these people productive" since "Virtually no Somalis work and they will not work in the future." Of course, how could Swedish Frog presume to know what the Somalis will be doing in the future is anyone's guess but it clearly rests on the assumption that they are a lost cause, as an entire ethnic group. I would like to give him the benefit of the doubt by assuming that he doesn't realize the very real and monstrous implications of this, though his bizarre attempts to provide statistics that do not reinforce his claim (that he calls "racist", though I did not use that term) certainly chip away at the "innocently naïve" angle.

As you have noticed, I am quite happy to let this ilk have a field day with this discussion. In my opinion, it is beyond rational discussion which is why I left that thread and haven't returned once to look at it. The only reason I am responding now is to clear up your misapprehension but I would like to leave it at that. Personally, I'm not surprised that you have this opinion, but you're entitled to it but personally I find that it is a stance that is as easy to argue against as "They faked the moon landing."
I'd like an honest answer from you on this please. I would love know that if you were given the power to run Sweden this afternoon, what exactly would you do to end the strife? I mean in a hands-on way that is meaningful to everyone on both sides of the issue. Not rhetoric or political or philosophical BS. Again, I want to know what actions you would take, not just how you fell in general about it. Thanks!

The Brianista Prayer

Oh Brian
Thou Art In Hawthorne,
Harmonied Be Thy name
Your Kingdom Come,
Your Steak Well Done,
On Stage As It Is In Studio,
Give Us This Day, Our Shortenin' Bread
And Forgive Us Our Bootlegs,
As We Also Have Forgiven Our Wife And Managers,
And Lead Us Not Into Kokomo,
But Deliver Us From Mike Love.
Amen.  ---hypehat
Chocolate Shake Man
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 29, 2013, 10:20:45 AM »

I'd like an honest answer from you on this please. I would love know that if you were given the power to run Sweden this afternoon, what exactly would you do to end the strife? I mean in a hands-on way that is meaningful to everyone on both sides of the issue. Not rhetoric or political or philosophical BS. Again, I want to know what actions you would take, not just how you fell in general about it. Thanks!

You are certainly in no position to make any demands of me, since I asked you to back-up with evidence of an example, the charge you lobbed at me. You have since neglected to do so. Why on earth would I actually take the time to craft a response with someone who is clearly so unwilling to actually engage with any of my points. Again, I put it you: demonstrate an example where I have put forth "rhetoric or political or philosophical BS." Only once you do that will I actually assume that you are prepared to be a grown-up and not someone who is so intolerant that he is only capable of having a conversation on his own terms.
Mike's Beard
Smiley Smile Associate

Check your privilege. Love & Mercy guys!

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 29, 2013, 10:44:55 AM »

The question wasn't asked to me but I would like to give an answer. I would scrap the 80% wage incentive to employers straight away. Either you have the means to pay an employee 100% out of your own pocket or TS. Anyone that came to Sweden to find work that hasn't gained employment by a certain cutoff point would be sent packing. Individual circumstances such as how long they have been in the country, how long they had previously worked in the country (if at all), how much tax they had paid into the system while employed, how they came to lose their previous job (if they had one) would all determine how long this window would be open to them. And no favourable treatment in helping them find a job either - they should recieve no more job/training opportunities than a native Swede.
As for any non native found guilty of participating in the previous mentioned riots, that's a simple one; a one way economy ticket back to their native land and a lifetime ban from ever entering the country again.

I'd rather be forced to sleep with Caitlyn Jenner then ever have to listen to NPP again.
Jason
« Reply #16 on: May 29, 2013, 10:50:21 AM »

I'd go one further. Get rid of the welfare state. Anyone who wants to come in can find gainful employment otherwise they can starve and they can die. Let all citizens carry guns. Castle doctrine laws apply everywhere - if you're trespassing it's at the property owner's discretion how to deal with you. If you physically threaten someone, you run the risk of getting put down like a rabid dog. When savages who do not respect the rights of others to their lives, liberty, and property end up on the receiving end of a bullet, they'll think twice before being non-productive parasites.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2013, 10:51:27 AM by The Real Beach Boy » Logged
Paulos
« Reply #17 on: May 29, 2013, 10:59:10 AM »

Wow, I expected this thread to be about Aaron Lennon, Theo Walcott etc...
Mike's Beard
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 29, 2013, 11:20:21 AM »

Wow, I expected this thread to be about Aaron Lennon, Theo Walcott etc...

Football players for those of you scratching your heads.  Wink

I'd rather be forced to sleep with Caitlyn Jenner then ever have to listen to NPP again.
drbeachboy
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 29, 2013, 11:48:03 AM »

You are certainly in no position to make any demands of me, since I asked you to back-up with evidence of an example, the charge you lobbed at me. You have since neglected to do so. Why on earth would I actually take the time to craft a response with someone who is clearly so unwilling to actually engage with any of my points. Again, I put it you: demonstrate an example where I have put forth "rhetoric or political or philosophical BS." Only once you do that will I actually assume that you are prepared to be a grown-up and not someone who is so intolerant that he is only capable of having a conversation on his own terms.
The response that I thought you'd write. You are in here arguing the point. I just asked a question. If you have an answer to it, then I am sure that more than just myself would be interested in hearing it. This situation needs a practical solution, not pie in the sky idealism.

The Brianista Prayer

Oh Brian
Thou Art In Hawthorne,
Harmonied Be Thy name
Your Kingdom Come,
Your Steak Well Done,
Amen.  ---hypehat
drbeachboy
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 29, 2013, 11:49:47 AM »

The question wasn't asked to me but I would like to give an answer. I would scrap the 80% wage incentive to employers straight away. Either you have the means to pay an employee 100% out of your own pocket or TS. Anyone that came to Sweden to find work that hasn't gained employment by a certain cutoff point would be sent packing. Individual circumstances such as how long they have been in the country, how long they had previously worked in the country (if at all), how much tax they had paid into the system while employed, how they came to lose their previous job (if they had one) would all determine how long this window would be open to them. And no favourable treatment in helping them find a job either - they should recieve no more job/training opportunities than a native Swede.
As for any non native found guilty of participating in the previous mentioned riots, that's a simple one; a one way economy ticket back to their native land and a lifetime ban from ever entering the country again.
Thank you for answering my question. A quite practical approach in my view.

The Brianista Prayer

Oh Brian
Thou Art In Hawthorne,
Harmonied Be Thy name
Your Kingdom Come,
Your Steak Well Done,
Amen.  ---hypehat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 29, 2013, 12:03:37 PM »

I'd go one further. Get rid of the welfare state. Anyone who wants to come in can find gainful employment otherwise they can starve and they can die. Let all citizens carry guns. Castle doctrine laws apply everywhere - if you're trespassing it's at the property owner's discretion how to deal with you. If you physically threaten someone, you run the risk of getting put down like a rabid dog. When savages who do not respect the rights of others to their lives, liberty, and property end up on the receiving end of a bullet, they'll think twice before being non-productive parasites.

Wasn't the world like this at one time? Sorry for you that humanity has "advanced" as far as it has. Now if the world DID you back to such a scenario as you describe, reality is you'd probably be taken out in mere minutes and I guess you'd have to be OK with that.

RocknRoll, this thread was really designed for these guys to just talk at each other in a giant spiral of hot air for eternity...... Your efforts, no matter now intelligent are in vain.

Regarding guns: why not create a positive environment rather than this "I'll shoot you if you trespass" (on what property may I ask? And how will it be YOUR property if anyone with more guns or friends can come take it from you?) ... How about creating official neighborhood Militia organizations that can provide arms, housing, food, education for ANYONE willing to sign up for duty? But, no. Angry and violent individuals will always want angry and violent "solutions"
« Last Edit: May 29, 2013, 12:54:46 PM by Pinder Goes To Kokomo » Logged
Mike's Beard
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 29, 2013, 12:45:06 PM »

RocknRoll, this thread was really designed for these guys to just talk at each other in a giant spiral of hot air for eternity...... Your efforts, no matter now intelligent are in vain.

Again, the question was put forward to RocknRoll on how he would deal with the situation in Sweden if he had the power to do so. A question he can't or won't answer. I put forward what I consider to be a firm but fair solution - so who's really spouting the hot air in this thread?

Not everybody wants to hug an immigrant and give them a stack of cash that they don't deserve, not least of all when some of them then cause chaos and destruction on the streets because they feel that they deserve even more.

Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 29, 2013, 12:48:39 PM »

and what do YOU deserve? and why?
Mike's Beard
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 29, 2013, 12:52:14 PM »

and what do YOU deserve? and why?

I'm just a stupid right wing nut - could you clarify your question slightly?

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to: