gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
681067 Posts in 27629 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims May 20, 2024, 04:48:53 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 ... 186 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Official BB You Tube Thread  (Read 1400038 times)
Rerun
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #175 on: May 22, 2006, 06:48:28 PM »

Because it's so great and the first link is now invalid...Cool Cool Water again....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VgU3jfCkBS8&search=cool%20cool%20water

"Today, in our increasingly secular world, loving one another doesn't just mean "loving."  It means being forced to accept as normal those behaviors and lifestyles that are absolutely abnormal.  It's not enough to live and let live.  You must chant their mantra as well; you must repent, renounce your own values, and pronounce those of the radical left as superior and adopt them."
punkinhead
Smiley Smile Associate

what it means to be human

View Profile
« Reply #176 on: May 22, 2006, 09:07:31 PM »

somebody's been doin some good uploading:

Bluebirds Over the Mountains (different from the earlier promo uploaded):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Uu5UKxh1Wg

Beach Boys Live Aid (1985)- Wouldn't it Be Nice-
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H1H4FeGd81s

Go-Go's perform Surf City at BW Tribute-
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5arKyzLHv8E

To view my video documentation of my Beach Boys collection go to www.youtube.com/justinplank

"Someone needs to tell Adrian Baker that imitation isn't innovation." -The Real Beach Boy

~post of the century~
"Well, you reached out to me too, David, and I'd be more than happy to fill Bgas's shoes. You don't need him anyway - some of us have the same items in our collections as he does and we're also much better writers. Spoiled brat....."
-Mikie

"in this online beach boy community, I've found that you're either correct or corrected. Which in my mind is all in good fun to show ones knowledge of their favorite band."- punkinhead
Ebb and Flow
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #177 on: May 22, 2006, 10:07:21 PM »

here's a clip of Brian and George Martin in the booth exploring God Only Knows

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jP1U3vhG4o4

What documentary is that from?  Looks interesting.

I wish George Martin didn't sound so overwritten and rehearsed when he does these things.  I've only seen a glimmer of someone who seems like a real person, and that's when he played that take of "A Day in The Life" in Anthology and smiled.  Most of the time it seems like he's giving some great speech, even when he talks about Lennon dropping acid in front of him.
Daniel S.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #178 on: May 22, 2006, 10:52:07 PM »

He's British, he's supposed to be uptight.

By the way, how many times did Lennon drop acid?

Jim Morrison claimed to have dropped acid 146 times.

Brian Wilson - 3 times
« Last Edit: May 22, 2006, 10:54:10 PM by Heywood Floyd » Logged

Let us all stay teenage gamblers listening to the radio.
Roger Ryan
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #179 on: May 23, 2006, 06:56:27 AM »

Wow, I've waited for ten years to see a clip from that show. It was part of a special George Martin did on his favorite recordings. I remember reading about it in the old Brian Wilson newsletter a decade back, but never got to see the show. I guess a minute is better than nothing.
XY
« Reply #180 on: May 23, 2006, 08:21:40 AM »

Wanna see something funny?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vaAL3acDWdo

LOL
punkinhead
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #181 on: May 23, 2006, 09:41:38 AM »

that's funny

To view my video documentation of my Beach Boys collection go to www.youtube.com/justinplank

"Someone needs to tell Adrian Baker that imitation isn't innovation." -The Real Beach Boy

~post of the century~
"Well, you reached out to me too, David, and I'd be more than happy to fill Bgas's shoes. You don't need him anyway - some of us have the same items in our collections as he does and we're also much better writers. Spoiled brat....."
-Mikie

"in this online beach boy community, I've found that you're either correct or corrected. Which in my mind is all in good fun to show ones knowledge of their favorite band."- punkinhead
Daniel S.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #182 on: May 23, 2006, 10:26:41 AM »

I love Brian.

Reverend Joshua Sloane
Smiley Smile Associate

Since I cannot rouse heaven I intend to raise hell

View Profile
« Reply #183 on: May 23, 2006, 12:02:09 PM »

Way to fumble, Brian.

Did it ever occur to you, Cable, how wise and bountiful God was to put breasts on a woman? Just the right number in just the right place. Did you ever notice that, Cable?
Reverend Joshua Sloane
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #184 on: May 23, 2006, 12:03:29 PM »

He's British, he's supposed to be uptight.

By the way, how many times did Lennon drop acid?

Jim Morrison claimed to have dropped acid 146 times.

Brian Wilson - 3 times

John himseld said hunreds.

I agree on the point you're raising with Brian's usage of such things. Perhaps that was because Brian still had a strong relationship with both parents, whereas John didn't and was free to indulge in all.

Did it ever occur to you, Cable, how wise and bountiful God was to put breasts on a woman? Just the right number in just the right place. Did you ever notice that, Cable?
Reverend Joshua Sloane
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #185 on: May 23, 2006, 12:06:16 PM »

I wish George Martin didn't sound so overwritten and rehearsed when he does these things.  I've only seen a glimmer of someone who seems like a real person, and that's when he played that take of "A Day in The Life" in Anthology and smiled.  Most of the time it seems like he's giving some great speech, even when he talks about Lennon dropping acid in front of him.

I understand what you're saying, but, is a person supposed to dumb down their speaking to fit the mold? Maybe he talks like that anyway, it's better than him going:

"Ooh lookie' ere, we gots Carl's lead blabber goin' on 'ere, and den we gots his bloddy second wun 'ere. Now we gots the whole bloody group of twangers and hitters and all that bloody racket on four."

XY
« Reply #186 on: May 24, 2006, 01:53:36 AM »

Brian solo "Surfer Girl", 1991:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bcf3BrSfiog
Rockard
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #187 on: May 24, 2006, 02:41:43 AM »

wow. that was marvelous. still got some nice vibrato on the falsetto there!
punkinhead
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #188 on: May 25, 2006, 08:43:21 AM »

a time to live in dreams- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZY8UzTUOP-o
unfortunatly, it's just a picture of dennis and just the song, but if you havn't heard the song, listen!

Dennis singing You Are So beautiful...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=peXxQugmItQ
I believe this was taken from An American Band

~post of the century~
-Mikie

Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

"Too dumb for New York City, too ugly for L.A."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #189 on: May 25, 2006, 08:49:04 AM »

Dennis singing You Are So beautiful...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=peXxQugmItQ
I believe this was taken from An American Band

I always wondered why they show the speaking-part of the concert in Australia and the song from a California-Concert

a diseased bunch of mo'fos if there ever was one… their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons.

- Lester Bangs on The Beach Boys

PRO SHOT BEACH BOYS CONCERTS - LIST

To sum it up, they blew it, they blew it consistently, they continue to blow it, it is tragic and this pathological problem caused The Beach Boys' greatest music to be so underrated by the general public.

- Jack Rieley
Daniel S.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #190 on: May 25, 2006, 09:42:08 AM »

Someone needs to put up the A&E Biography of Brian. It's probably the best documentary on Brian, so far.

Don't Back Down
Smiley Smile Associate

shoo-be-do-ba

View Profile WWW
« Reply #191 on: May 27, 2006, 12:29:11 PM »

Not sure if it's been posted here:

Wouldn't It Be Nice @ Live Aid

Moon shines bright, asleep in my bed, like so many people got a big day ahead of me
Reverend Joshua Sloane
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #192 on: May 27, 2006, 12:34:49 PM »

Not sure if it's been posted here:

Wouldn't It Be Nice @ Live Aid

I see Brian singing but I don't hear him.

These performances are interesting. On record I don't think they have ever sounded chaotic -- no matter how many musicians on a song -- but playing the same songs live with a larger number of musicians always sounds a bit cluttered. Whereas I find the Hawaii concerts very pleasing, even as sloppy and simple as they are being only the five of them.

Aegir
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #193 on: May 27, 2006, 01:40:29 PM »

What do you think of Brian's SMiLE live performances with the huge touring band, then?

Every time you spell Smile as SMiLE, an angel's wings are forcibly torn off its body.
Reverend Joshua Sloane
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #194 on: May 27, 2006, 01:49:17 PM »

I've not seen or heard any yet.

JScott
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #195 on: May 27, 2006, 02:27:57 PM »

I've not seen or heard any yet. 

HuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuh?Really?HuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuh??

“Hey, I don’t know the answer to life. I just know that when enough voices combine with the right melody, you’ve got the sound of heaven.”
Rerun
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #196 on: May 27, 2006, 08:53:37 PM »

Brian solo "Surfer Girl", 1991:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bcf3BrSfiog

Not his finest falsetto, but I'm surprised to hear that he still has it and the ability to transition to it with a bit of ease.

"Today, in our increasingly secular world, loving one another doesn't just mean "loving."  It means being forced to accept as normal those behaviors and lifestyles that are absolutely abnormal.  It's not enough to live and let live.  You must chant their mantra as well; you must repent, renounce your own values, and pronounce those of the radical left as superior and adopt them."
Don't Back Down
Smiley Smile Associate

shoo-be-do-ba

View Profile WWW
« Reply #197 on: May 27, 2006, 09:37:40 PM »

In response to the false setto comment on the YouTube site, I guess it's not uncommon for Brian to have a little falsesetto, since he used/uses it in his first solo recordings ("Brian Wilson", and "Sweet Insanity"). I guess it's just rare that he would use it live back then. I love how he goes into that great doo-wop ending on that clip. What else did he perform at this show?

Moon shines bright, asleep in my bed, like so many people got a big day ahead of me
I. Spaceman
Smiley Smile Associate

Revolution Never Again

View Profile
« Reply #198 on: May 28, 2006, 01:29:15 AM »

FALSETTO!!!!!!!!!!!!! Jeez.

Nobody gives a sh*t about the Record Room
Rerun
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #199 on: May 28, 2006, 09:52:11 AM »

FALSETTO!!!!!!!!!!!!! Jeez.

uh...wha?

gfx
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 ... 186 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx