gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680945 Posts in 27622 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims May 09, 2024, 02:08:06 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Is anyone here going to the South Bend Indiana concert?  (Read 2210 times)
DonnaK
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: September 14, 2008, 06:24:14 PM »

It sounds like "Is anyone going to the hole-in-the-wall-town concert?" Sorry to anyone from South Bend. It seems as if Brian is definitely doing smaller venues this time around except for the Bowl shows.

Anyway, is anyone here making the trek to Indiana? I live near Chicago, and apparently he's opting not to come here this time, so I have to go there. It will be an overnighter for me as I don't like driving 105 miles home at night. If anyone is going, how about getting together for a pre-concert meet up?

Thanks in advance,
Donna
LostArt
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2008, 06:34:24 AM »

I'm thinking about going the the South Bend show.  It'd be a bit of a drive for me (290 miles), as I live in east-central Wisconsin, and I'd have to take two days off from work, but I think I just might do that.  Minneapolis is only slightly closer, and I have a band job that night anyway.  I was hoping, of course, for a Madison or Milwaukee or even a Chicago show, but I haven't heard anything about shows in those cities.  One would think that Chicago would definitely be on the list.  I'm going to wait just a few more days, just in case anything closer is announced, but it's looking like South Bend may be my only opportunity.   
Amanda Hart
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2008, 09:24:02 AM »

I live in central Ohio and am really disappointed that I might not be able to go to any shows.  None are closer than 4 hours and the two closest (South Bend and Ann Arbor) are on weeknights.  Ann Arbor on Wednesday isn't doable because I teach Pilates on Wed. nights and Thursday in South Bend won't work because my husband is a banker and can't take Fridays off.

Cry It's really sad because I get concert tickets from my mom for birthday and I was really excited about using them for this but I don't think it's going to work
GoofyJeff
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2008, 10:35:09 AM »

Where are you guys finding these new concert dates?  I read messages about some in NY and now IN...  we all know that BW.com sucks @$$ for letting fans know when Brian will be playing, so where does one get the info.

Thanks   Cool

"Because of the attitude of a few mental dinosaurs intent on exploiting our initial success, Brian's huge talent has never been fully appreciated in America and the potential of the group has been stifled.... If the Beatles had suffered this kind of misrepresentation, they would have never got past singing 'Please Please Me' and 'I Wanna Hold Your Hand' and leaping around in Beatle suits."
-Dennis Wilson, 1970
DonnaK
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2008, 02:11:50 PM »

Jeff. Brian just calls me and lets me know LOL
DonnaK
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2008, 02:13:45 PM »

Seriously, someone posted it on the BW.com board with the presale word. I bought a ticket as it doesn't look like Bri is coming to Chicago, but who knows? He may just pull one off at the last minute. It seems like smaller venues are the trick.
punkinhead
Smiley Smile Associate

what it means to be human

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2008, 02:58:16 PM »

Definatly going
« Last Edit: September 15, 2008, 03:08:39 PM by punkinhead » Logged

To view my video documentation of my Beach Boys collection go to www.youtube.com/justinplank

"Someone needs to tell Adrian Baker that imitation isn't innovation." -The Real Beach Boy

~post of the century~
"Well, you reached out to me too, David, and I'd be more than happy to fill Bgas's shoes. You don't need him anyway - some of us have the same items in our collections as he does and we're also much better writers. Spoiled brat....."
-Mikie

"in this online beach boy community, I've found that you're either correct or corrected. Which in my mind is all in good fun to show ones knowledge of their favorite band."- punkinhead
HighOnLife
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2008, 03:28:13 PM »

Hey! I was born in South Bend!

I don't take offense.  Grin

"I don't do drugs. I am drugs."
DonnaK
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2008, 06:24:37 PM »

You guys want to join me, Greg Shady, and Dave from Indy for a meet up before the SB show?Huh Around 5:30 probably at the Bistro at the venue. Let us know. Smokin
LostArt
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2008, 04:56:40 AM »

EDIT: never mind.

« Last Edit: September 16, 2008, 05:03:04 AM by LostArt » Logged
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx