-->
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 09, 2024, 01:17:28 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
News: Beach Boys Britain
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  The Smiley Smile Message Board
|-+  Non Smiley Smile Stuff
| |-+  The Sandbox
| | |-+  Climate 'cop-in/cop-out in Copenhagen: Any HELP from Brian's Elements?
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Climate 'cop-in/cop-out in Copenhagen: Any HELP from Brian's Elements?  (Read 9568 times)
Exapno Mapcase
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 21, 2009, 01:58:08 PM »

Christ, you can find 'strong' 'evidence' and 'facts' and ' figures' for either side of the argument.  Some people will never be convinced because they're too busy looking at who's making he arguments and who has to gain - which of course is the same for either side (unless, of course it's some nut case making the argument on a nut case show on a nut case channel  aimed at nut case viewers).  It makes more sense to agree that pollution ain't good and we should all be doing a hell of a lot more to look after our environment.  It shouldn't have to take the fear of rising tides and alarming changes in temperature to make us realise that.  Unless you, too, are a nut case.

Honk! Honk!
SloopJohnB
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: December 22, 2009, 01:21:23 AM »

Christ, you can find 'strong' 'evidence' and 'facts' and ' figures' for either side of the argument.  Some people will never be convinced because they're too busy looking at who's making he arguments and who has to gain - which of course is the same for either side (unless, of course it's some nut case making the argument on a nut case show on a nut case channel  aimed at nut case viewers).  It makes more sense to agree that pollution ain't good and we should all be doing a hell of a lot more to look after our environment.  It shouldn't have to take the fear of rising tides and alarming changes in temperature to make us realise that.  Unless you, too, are a nut case.

Mind you, I'm all in favor of reducing pollution and developing "clean" energy (well, except for large windmills, but that's another issue). I just wanted to point out that reducing our CO2 emissions isn't a priority.

I don't know where, but their music sends me there
Pleasure Island!!!!!!! and a slice of cheese pizza.
Exapno Mapcase
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 22, 2009, 08:25:43 AM »

I felt that way about the windmills too, but now... providing they don't take over the landscape and they do prove productive, I'm in favor.

Honk! Honk!
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: