gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
681051 Posts in 27629 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims May 18, 2024, 03:27:38 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 43 44 45 [46] 47 48 49 50 51 ... 53 Go Down Print
Author Topic: "Made in California" Box Set  (Read 321420 times)
The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« Reply #1125 on: November 05, 2012, 07:52:05 AM »

(Actually the most likely scenario is that all we insatiable apes will have finally overbred and depleted resources to the point where we have totally infested the planet, and we go back to hunting and gathering in a world that's nasty, brutish and short... and then Yellowstone erupts and ends life as we know it anyway.)

Here is a new theory, Cohenist in its pessimism, too maudlin to get all of it the first time.

If Yellowstone goes up and your first thought is "Darn, now we'll never get to hear the box set" then I admire you immensely. Your fandom exceeds my own sir; I'll be too busy worrying about all that ash affecting the laundry hung to dry to worry about MaDeiNCaLiFoRNia.

“We live in divisive times.”
The Heartical Don
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1126 on: November 05, 2012, 08:24:59 AM »

(Actually the most likely scenario is that all we insatiable apes will have finally overbred and depleted resources to the point where we have totally infested the planet, and we go back to hunting and gathering in a world that's nasty, brutish and short... and then Yellowstone erupts and ends life as we know it anyway.)

Here is a new theory, Cohenist in its pessimism, too maudlin to get all of it the first time.

If Yellowstone goes up and your first thought is "Darn, now we'll never get to hear the box set" then I admire you immensely. Your fandom exceeds my own sir; I'll be too busy worrying about all that ash affecting the laundry hung to dry to worry about MaDeiNCaLiFoRNia.

You got your priorities wrong, buddy. I suggest a board ban. Moderator?

80% Of Success Is Showing Up
Micha
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1127 on: November 05, 2012, 09:52:48 AM »

That "MaDE iN cALiFoRNiA” comment was one of the funniest, coolest things I’ve ever read on this board, as was Micha’s “D’oe!”

Hey, wow!!! Thank you, Pete!  Head Spin Smiley

Ceterum censeo SMiLEBrianum OSDumque esse excludendos banno.
Ziggy Stardust
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1128 on: November 05, 2012, 10:44:30 AM »

http://www.discorder.com/shop/artist/Beach-Boys/Made-in-california--ltd-/6CD/5099923234529/p=gm/
" Format: 6-CD
Delivery time: pre-order now
Price: € 118.49
Points worth: 118 (when buying this item)
Barcode: 5099923234529
Releasedate: January 18, 2013 "
Jukka
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1129 on: November 05, 2012, 11:18:08 AM »

Okay, so now se have some actual information. Any guesses on when they publish the tracklist? I say it's 21.12.2012, just three minutes before the world ends.

"Surfing and cars were okay but there was a war going on."
hypehat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1130 on: November 05, 2012, 11:39:24 AM »

Would hesitate to call that actual information. Just the latest in a long line of speculative release dates from third parties. Clearly the only logical explanation is that they are re-recording every song on the box with Joe Thomas to get that full autotune sound.

All roads lead to Kokomo. Exhaustive research in time travel has conclusively proven that there is no alternate universe WITHOUT Kokomo. It would've happened regardless.
What is this "life" thing you speak of ?

Quote from: Al Jardine
Syncopate it? In front of all these people?!
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1131 on: November 05, 2012, 12:08:14 PM »

Would hesitate to call that actual information. Just the latest in a long line of speculative release dates from third parties. Clearly the only logical explanation is that they are re-recording every song on the box with Joe Thomas to get that full autotune sound.
I think they re-did BWPS as Joe Thomas Presents SMiLE as well. Grin

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
FatherOfTheMan Sr101
Smiley Smile Associate

I made a game

View Profile
« Reply #1132 on: November 05, 2012, 12:16:45 PM »

We're getting info next week.

punkinhead
Smiley Smile Associate

what it means to be human

View Profile
« Reply #1133 on: November 05, 2012, 12:18:05 PM »

Do you suppose we'll get a great addition of 80s and 90s music that hasn't been released except on maybe a random single/soundtrack? Or songs that we're considered greatest hits but no longer are on those compilations?

To view my video documentation of my Beach Boys collection go to www.youtube.com/justinplank

"Someone needs to tell Adrian Baker that imitation isn't innovation." -The Real Beach Boy

~post of the century~
"Well, you reached out to me too, David, and I'd be more than happy to fill Bgas's shoes. You don't need him anyway - some of us have the same items in our collections as he does and we're also much better writers. Spoiled brat....."
-Mikie

"in this online beach boy community, I've found that you're either correct or corrected. Which in my mind is all in good fun to show ones knowledge of their favorite band."- punkinhead
Justin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1134 on: November 05, 2012, 12:23:56 PM »

I can't believe I'm still checking this thread and we still don't have an official release date or a tracklisting.  The real waiting for this release hasn't even begun!
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1135 on: November 05, 2012, 12:28:21 PM »

I can't believe I'm still checking this thread and we still don't have an official release date or a tracklisting.  The real waiting for this release hasn't even begun!

What is this "waiting" you speak of ?

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
hypehat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1136 on: November 05, 2012, 12:29:48 PM »

Yeah this is insane. Just trying to forget about it until i log in one day and this has jumped 4,000 pages because it hasn't got the UK mix of SIP on it or something.

All roads lead to Kokomo. Exhaustive research in time travel has conclusively proven that there is no alternate universe WITHOUT Kokomo. It would've happened regardless.

rab2591
Smiley Smile Associate

"My God. It's full of stars."

View Profile
« Reply #1137 on: November 05, 2012, 12:42:46 PM »

The time between the official announcement of the tracklist and the official release, I assume.
_____

I haven't really bothered thinking about this release. I'm actually hoping it comes out later on, at a time when I'm less broke Grin

Bill Tobelman's SMiLE site

God must’ve smiled the day Brian Wilson was born!

"ragegasm" - /rāj • ga-zəm/ : a logical mental response produced when your favorite band becomes remotely associated with the bro-country genre.

Ever want to hear some Beach Boys songs mashed up together like The Beatles' 'LOVE' album? Check out my mix!
rab2591
Smiley Smile Associate

"My God. It's full of stars."

View Profile
« Reply #1138 on: November 05, 2012, 12:46:48 PM »

I think they re-did BWPS as Joe Thomas Presents SMiLE as well. Grin

LOL

Jimmy Buffett rewrite the lyrics for Holidays and Roll Plymouth Rock.
Autotune vocals on Mrs. O Learys Cow will sound spectacular.

Bill Tobelman's SMiLE site

God must’ve smiled the day Brian Wilson was born!

"ragegasm" - /rāj • ga-zəm/ : a logical mental response produced when your favorite band becomes remotely associated with the bro-country genre.

Ever want to hear some Beach Boys songs mashed up together like The Beatles' 'LOVE' album? Check out my mix!
Freddie French-Pounce
Smiley Smile Associate

A.K.A. mrmoustachioto

View Profile
« Reply #1139 on: November 05, 2012, 12:47:29 PM »

I haven't really bothered thinking about this release. I'm actually hoping it comes out later on, at a time when I'm less broke Grin

Yeah, I was slowly banking up money behind other purchases, but then I went a bought Oasis's Familiar To Millions on Vinyl, and those of you who know will know my cash has just been rapidly depleted...

Check out the Mono/Stereo Mix Breakdown podcast Mixology here: https://mixology.podbean.com/
Justin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1140 on: November 05, 2012, 12:48:30 PM »

Yeah hypehat, I'm hoping the upcoming concert DVD will distract me for a few weeks before my holiday travels.

I can't believe I'm still checking this thread and we still don't have an official release date or a tracklisting.  The real waiting for this release hasn't even begun!

The time between the official announcement of the tracklist and the official release, I assume.

Correct.  I've got a few other deluxe releases (non BB related) that are coming in the next few weeks and I'm glad that the wait for those are finally coming to a close.  I wish I could say the same with this BB set but we're not even close to that point!  We're still waiting just for the official announcement----siiiiiiigh.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2012, 12:49:30 PM by Justin » Logged
hypehat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1141 on: November 05, 2012, 01:05:00 PM »

Yeah, I was slowly banking up money behind other purchases, but then I went a bought Oasis's Familiar To Millions on Vinyl, and those of you who know will know my cash has just been rapidly depleted...

You FOOL. I'd rather pay £70-225 to listen to a specially recorded tape of Boris Johnson insulting and mocking me to the very inner core of my soul than that record!

Freddie French-Pounce
Smiley Smile Associate

A.K.A. mrmoustachioto

View Profile
« Reply #1142 on: November 05, 2012, 02:06:33 PM »

You FOOL. I'd rather pay £70-225 to listen to a specially recorded tape of Boris Johnson insulting and mocking me to the very inner core of my soul than that record!

Each to their own I guess. Either that or I'm an obsessive collector.

Check out the Mono/Stereo Mix Breakdown podcast Mixology here: https://mixology.podbean.com/
hypehat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1143 on: November 05, 2012, 03:00:28 PM »

Didn't mean no beef, mate. Upon reflection, I think I own it on CD somewhere. I used to really like Oasis. But it's a really dodgy live album, iirc, and those vinyl prices are absolutely insane. I can't see how it's so expensive! Thought you spent like £30 on it and was like 'well no records for me for a while', like most people
« Last Edit: November 05, 2012, 03:01:33 PM by hypehat » Logged

Freddie French-Pounce
Smiley Smile Associate

A.K.A. mrmoustachioto

View Profile
« Reply #1144 on: November 05, 2012, 10:39:32 PM »

Didn't mean no beef, mate. Upon reflection, I think I own it on CD somewhere. I used to really like Oasis. But it's a really dodgy live album, iirc, and those vinyl prices are absolutely insane. I can't see how it's so expensive! Thought you spent like £30 on it and was like 'well no records for me for a while', like most people

Hey, the ones I looked up at the moment are way above what I paid - I've seen it go for alot more, and could probably make money by re-selling it if I change my mind Grin

hypehat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1145 on: November 06, 2012, 04:23:55 PM »

Hey, the ones I looked up at the moment are way above what I paid - I've seen it go for alot more, and could probably make money by re-selling it if I change my mind Grin

Haha, yeah, at least it'll be a nice nest egg   Grin

Cabinessenceking
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1146 on: November 07, 2012, 04:38:37 AM »

CAPITOL GIMME MY GODAMN BOX SET
« Last Edit: November 07, 2012, 07:43:03 AM by Cabinessenceking » Logged
Bean Bag
Smiley Smile Associate

Right?

View Profile
« Reply #1147 on: November 07, 2012, 08:30:34 AM »

CAPITOL GIMME MY GODAMN BOX SET

Yeah, what's scoop on this release?  I'm not down with combing through 47 pages today to find the answer.   Grin

Maybe the OP could update his first post with the vitals?
« Last Edit: November 07, 2012, 08:31:35 AM by Bean Bag » Logged

Aegir
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1148 on: November 07, 2012, 08:35:24 AM »

Except... there is no information.

Every time you spell Smile as SMiLE, an angel's wings are forcibly torn off its body.
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1149 on: November 07, 2012, 08:51:12 AM »

Except... there is no information.

There is always information. The trick lies in knowing how to access it.  Grin
« Last Edit: November 07, 2012, 08:52:27 AM by Andrew G. Doe » Logged

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
gfx
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 43 44 45 [46] 47 48 49 50 51 ... 53 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx