gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680955 Posts in 27623 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims May 10, 2024, 05:19:45 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Poll
Question: Should this discussion be moved to the Sandbox?
Naahh, Beach Boys, SMiLE and drugs is as on-topic as can be - 99 (67.8%)
It's about time, I've requested this at least 20 pages back - 27 (18.5%)
Who cares, it isn't going to be released anyway - 11 (7.5%)
I don't like drugs and I don't like SMiLE, we might as well delete this discussion - 2 (1.4%)
The SMiLE music and drug use cloud this discussion - 7 (4.8%)
Total Voters: 138

Pages: 1 ... 337 338 339 340 341 [342] 343 344 345 346 347 ... 380 Go Down Print
Author Topic: SMiLE Sessions box set!  (Read 1741026 times)
MarcellaHasDirtyFeet
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #8525 on: October 31, 2011, 05:40:10 AM »

Amazon.com- Order status

Shipment #1: Shipping soon

<refresh>

<refresh>

<refresh>

Angry
37!ws
Smiley Smile Associate

All baggudo at my man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8526 on: October 31, 2011, 05:43:18 AM »

Manish:Thank you for waiting.
I am sorry for this Inconvenience, and for this I've changed the shipping method for order #104-9225986-6333040 to One-Day Shipping at no cost.
and for this I would request you, Please wait little longer, your order will get shipped out very soon.
Me:What's "very soon"?
Manish:37!ws, your order has been entered in the shipping process and will get shipped out and once it will get shipped out, you will get a confirmation email from Amazon.com
Me:When will it get shipped out?
Manish:It will get shipped out within couple of hours
Me:OK. Just concerned because I'm out of town from Wednesday until late next week and I needed this for my trip.

That's my online Amazon chat right there. If I check back "within a couple of hours," I'm calling some indie places.

Check out my podcasts: Tune X Podcast (tunex.fab4it.com) and Autobiography of a Schnook (SchnookPodcast.com); there are worse things you can do!
dmcguire70
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #8527 on: October 31, 2011, 05:53:56 AM »

The whole box set (Minus the box) is available on I tunes for $110 Australian.

"I loaned you money when the funds weren't too cool"

"The ocean scares me."
..................................Brian Wilson, 1976
rab2591
Smiley Smile Associate

"My God. It's full of stars."

View Profile
« Reply #8528 on: October 31, 2011, 05:55:44 AM »

Mine just got updated to 'shipping soon'. If it ships today I know I'm getting it by Wednesday. Can't wait!

w00t!

Bill Tobelman's SMiLE site

God must’ve smiled the day Brian Wilson was born!

"ragegasm" - /rāj • ga-zəm/ : a logical mental response produced when your favorite band becomes remotely associated with the bro-country genre.

Ever want to hear some Beach Boys songs mashed up together like The Beatles' 'LOVE' album? Check out my mix!
acedecade75
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #8529 on: October 31, 2011, 05:57:15 AM »

Is there any information yet as to how many units have sold?
hypehat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #8530 on: October 31, 2011, 05:57:55 AM »

This is the longest day EVER

All roads lead to Kokomo. Exhaustive research in time travel has conclusively proven that there is no alternate universe WITHOUT Kokomo. It would've happened regardless.
What is this "life" thing you speak of ?

Quote from: Al Jardine
Syncopate it? In front of all these people?!
letsmakeit31
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #8531 on: October 31, 2011, 06:08:55 AM »

Just finished CD1 tracks 20-28 best tracks? For me it's H&V Stereo mix & the Sections, Vega-Tables Demo (Great to hear this cleaned up and mixed right), Smile backing Vocals montage is breathtaking and nicely mixed too but best of all is the Surf's Up 1967 quite rightly a highlight of the whole box set and as I'd said before I'm finding it much much better than the 1966 version we all know and love. The producers Mark Linett, Alan Boyd, Dennis Wolfe. Without whom of course deserve all the praise in the world for going beyond my hopes and dreams and making this set even better than I could hope for and I've not yet listened to CD2 yet!!! Best hear it now LOL.
homeontherange
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #8532 on: October 31, 2011, 06:15:18 AM »

When I visit my parents, I need to search the whole house for the box set. Evil

Sounds exciting. Like searching for an easter egg! But this one's much sweeter  Wink
dmcguire70
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #8533 on: October 31, 2011, 06:37:15 AM »

Surfs up 67' done in a lower key and complete with that weird wild honey piano. Still prefer the 66 version. BTW the Smile backing vocals montage sounds great ,however some of the vocals seem to phase when ! listen to them as if they have been "Touched up" IE auto tune ,,hmmmm.
Say it isn't so messyrs Boyd and Linnett!!

"I loaned you money when the funds weren't too cool"

"The ocean scares me."
..................................Brian Wilson, 1976
drbeachboy
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #8534 on: October 31, 2011, 06:44:12 AM »

Alright from what I understand here is the issue with the box set version at least.  Amazon has run out of copies from their distributor but has requested more copies and the request has been granted.  The box sets are currently being packed for shipment and expected to ship tomorrow with delivery time still expected for Tuesday (I would guess assuming like most of us you have had this thing on pre-order since August).  This is coming directly from the gentleman I spoke with minutes ago at Amazon so hopefully we all start seeing updates on our shipping status soon.

I'm getting the same story from Amazon.
My status finally changed from Not Yet Shipped at 7:15am to Shipping Soon at 9:30am. Good to see and I'm feeling mighty relieved at the moment. Smiley

The Brianista Prayer

Oh Brian
Thou Art In Hawthorne,
Harmonied Be Thy name
Your Kingdom Come,
Your Steak Well Done,
On Stage As It Is In Studio,
Give Us This Day, Our Shortenin' Bread
And Forgive Us Our Bootlegs,
As We Also Have Forgiven Our Wife And Managers,
And Lead Us Not Into Kokomo,
But Deliver Us From Mike Love.
Amen.  ---hypehat
tansen
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #8535 on: October 31, 2011, 06:47:57 AM »

Just heard the mono album on CD1 tracks 1-19 and had to stop to write down my thoughts. WOW 1-7 flows along so well for me much better than BWPS.  CIFTM is amazing, No hard edits anywhere on these mono tracks Surf's up is much Better too. Every track has something new to the ears even to some like myself and most of this board who got or heard all the bootlegs WILL hear something new!!!.Look at last sounds nice and clear and got background Vocals!!!!. Back to hearing the extra tracks on CD1. Please Beg, Steal, Or Borrow this Album NOW!!!!

Just finished CD1 tracks 20-28 best tracks? For me it's H&V Stereo mix & the Sections, Vega-Tables Demo (Great to hear this cleaned up and mixed right), Smile backing Vocals montage is breathtaking and nicely mixed too but best of all is the Surf's Up 1967 quite rightly a highlight of the whole box set and as I'd said before I'm finding it much much better than the 1966 version we all know and love. The producers Mark Linett, Alan Boyd, Dennis Wolfe. Without whom of course deserve all the praise in the world for going beyond my hopes and dreams and making this set even better than I could hope for and I've not yet listened to CD2 yet!!! Best hear it now LOL.

I completely agree that it flows better than BWPS, it's pretty much perfect. But I seem to be the only one who isn't that impressed with SU 67.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2011, 06:49:00 AM by tansen » Logged

Tansen - "He Who Commands an Army of Notes"
drbeachboy
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #8536 on: October 31, 2011, 06:48:51 AM »

Surfs up 67' done in a lower key and complete with that weird wild honey piano. Still prefer the 66 version. BTW the Smile backing vocals montage sounds great ,however some of the vocals seem to phase when ! listen to them as if they have been "Touched up" IE auto tune ,,hmmmm.
Say it isn't so messyrs Boyd and Linnett!!

I'm wondering if Carl heard this version before working on the '71 version? Brian's vocal is softer and the words flow easier in a very similar way to how Carl approached singing the lyric.

The Brianista Prayer

Oh Brian
Thou Art In Hawthorne,
Harmonied Be Thy name
Your Kingdom Come,
Your Steak Well Done,
On Stage As It Is In Studio,
Give Us This Day, Our Shortenin' Bread
And Forgive Us Our Bootlegs,
As We Also Have Forgiven Our Wife And Managers,
And Lead Us Not Into Kokomo,
But Deliver Us From Mike Love.
Amen.  ---hypehat
letsmakeit31
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #8537 on: October 31, 2011, 06:53:05 AM »

OMG Vega-Tables Fade!!! The first 2mins!!!, I don't believe it!!!! Amazing best track so far in the 2cd set still got 3 more tracks to go Phew!!! What a great day to not be working Smiley
letsmakeit31
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #8538 on: October 31, 2011, 06:55:04 AM »

Vega-Tables fade sessions is one of my fav sessions ever so this is blowing my mind!!! Esp the first 2mins!!!!
pixletwin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #8539 on: October 31, 2011, 06:58:44 AM »

Yeah my status was also changed to "Shipping Soon"... I sure hope they actually ship today.
hypehat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #8540 on: October 31, 2011, 07:03:03 AM »

So the doorbell rings......

I run downstairs.....

Answer the door......

And the postman hands over......

My copy of......

The Phil Spector Christmas Album

Angry

All roads lead to Kokomo. Exhaustive research in time travel has conclusively proven that there is no alternate universe WITHOUT Kokomo. It would've happened regardless.
What is this "life" thing you speak of ?

Quote from: Al Jardine
Syncopate it? In front of all these people?!
Rob Dean
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #8541 on: October 31, 2011, 07:03:33 AM »

Well still awaiting my Amazon delivery :-(( so have been to HMV in Cribbs Causeway ( Bristol , UK that is ) and got the 2CD set , they have now sold out of that format and expecting more in this afternoon.........

Also for anyone in the Bristol are , 'Fopp' in Park Street have all formats in numerous quantities , AND is right in your face on a display stand  as you enter the shop  Grin
CosmicDancer
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8542 on: October 31, 2011, 07:06:21 AM »

Yeah my status was also changed to "Shipping Soon"... I sure hope they actually ship today.

I emailed Amazon and they said it looks like my order has been shipped through UPS and should be delivered tomorrow.  Of course they said if I didn't receive it by the end of the day to contact them for a refund or replacement.  I'm going to take them at their word, but my status still says "shipping soon".  I know the frustration seems silly, but having waited for so long and having paid the extra dough to get on 11-1, I think it's justifiable to question these things.

The Un-Funny Alliance:  Are you not "good at being funny"?  Join us today in our mission to make the world a less funny place one "easy" fart joke at a time!
Cliff1000uk
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #8543 on: October 31, 2011, 07:17:15 AM »

Well, I went home at lunch to find the boxset hasn't arrived but nipped into HMV and got myself the 2CD box for this afternoon-phone and email on divert for a couple of hours!!
pixletwin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #8544 on: October 31, 2011, 07:22:22 AM »

I emailed Amazon and they said it looks like my order has been shipped through UPS and should be delivered tomorrow.  Of course they said if I didn't receive it by the end of the day to contact them for a refund or replacement.  I'm going to take them at their word, but my status still says "shipping soon".  I know the frustration seems silly, but having waited for so long and having paid the extra dough to get on 11-1, I think it's justifiable to question these things.

In addition to the expectations, I know quite a few of us have taken a day of work tomorrow, so if the set is late it only adds to the frustration. Still I am confident we should have them. I have never had a bad experience with Amazon.
D409
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #8545 on: October 31, 2011, 07:27:19 AM »

Ok, just finished listening to the 2 CD set. It's brilliant, the sound is excellent, it's nice to have material previously heard on bootlegs and in other formats all cleaned up and in one place. Due to the nature of the source material (i.e. unfinished songs without vocals), however, I found it very hard to listen to some of the songs without singing the vocal lines from BWPS.
It's certainly aimed at a niche market, and I'm not sure I could handle the full monty 5 CD set, and I can almost see a few of these ending up in the 2nd hand racks due to purchasers not being fully aware of what they have in their hands, but it's a magnificent project and a magnificent product for anyone curious enough to dip their toes into the legend of Smile.
letsmakeit31
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #8546 on: October 31, 2011, 07:27:26 AM »

Ok just finished with CD2 and I wished track 13 GV sessions highlights wasn't the same as in the GV box set Sad  Still sounded good but could of used other sessions rather than reuse the GV box set version. Track 5 H&V prelude to fade is great listening enjoyed it. Track 6 My Only Sunshine session more enjoyable than the finished master IMHO, But best of all is Track 10 just that first 2mins blew me away totally loved it wait until you hear it and you'll feel the same. Ok I'm done Another cup of tea then I will write a review. Just wished I had the 5cd set but out of my price range and can't even download it off internet cause my home broadband is out Sad. But Who cares I will hear it all in full soon I'm sure. But I'm just glad to get 2cd set made my year it has Smiley
37!ws
Smiley Smile Associate

All baggudo at my man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8547 on: October 31, 2011, 07:30:45 AM »

Somebody explain something to me.  I'm serious about this.  

Why in the hell do people order these things from Amazon or somewhere like that anyways?  Just drive to the store and buy it when it comes out.  No worrying about shipping.  No worrying about getting a beat up copy.  I just don't get it.  I know they're cheaper sometimes but in most cities you can get it just as cheap somewhere, Best Buy, Target, whatever.  I bought Brian's "Disney" CD off the shelf at Best Buy for 10 bucks.  Ain't no way in hell anybody beat that online.  

I mean I understand if you're in a small town and nothing's around that might have it, but most people live at least within an hour or so of some kind of major store that would carry it.  

Why order "from Amazon or somewhere like that anyways"? Several reasons in my case:

1) The price. I know, I know, get it from a local, honest store. But hey, sometimes ya gotta go with price, especially if like me you're not exactly rich. By far.

2) Had a $25 gift card from Amazon, which takes even more off the price.

3) Amazon is usually pretty reliable. Can't always count on the stores to have it. And as some reported, some stores who DO carry it only have one or two copies on hand.

4) As I and many others have experienced before, sometimes you even get the item BEFORE its release date if you order in advance. Happened with me when I ordered The Beatles In Mono -- got it the day before its release.

5) And ever think that some people literally do not have time to go out and about and getting it? I have two jobs and am in grad school. Because of job #2, the only time I have to do my homework is tonight and tomorrow night. I'm not putting my education at risk to drive around to record stores when I can (theoretically) have Amazon or some other online dealer have it delivered to my desk at work. My wife is pretty much in the same boat as me, except for the grad school part...but she also doesn't have the time to go traipsing across town. Takes no time to have the set delivered and pop the CDs into a player and press "Play."

6) I have an Amazon Visa card. When I use it, I get points I can use toward further purchases. When I use it ON AMAZON, I get triple points. With Christmas coming up, I can save some money shopping for Christmas presents after this Amazon order. Can't get that with any other method...

Check out my podcasts: Tune X Podcast (tunex.fab4it.com) and Autobiography of a Schnook (SchnookPodcast.com); there are worse things you can do!
TV Forces
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #8548 on: October 31, 2011, 07:37:24 AM »

My status finally changed from Not Yet Shipped at 7:15am to Shipping Soon at 9:30am. Good to see and I'm feeling mighty relieved at the moment. Smiley

Mine switched to "shipping soon" at 8pm EST last night.  I got an e-mail at 6am EST this morning that it shipped.
But the package does not yet appear to be in the possession of UPS.

I only pre-order items that I don't believe I'll be able to find in stores easily.  I think it's safe to assume that Amazon would have more copies than my local store.  Of ANY item.  Plus, good luck finding it for $110 at an indie outlet.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2011, 07:38:39 AM by TV Forces » Logged
grooveblaster
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #8549 on: October 31, 2011, 07:56:59 AM »

Even though my amazon status is still "shipping soon" the charge finally went through on my credit card, which in the past means shipping has started. So you guys might want to check your CC charges.
gfx
Pages: 1 ... 337 338 339 340 341 [342] 343 344 345 346 347 ... 380 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx