gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680885 Posts in 27619 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims May 02, 2024, 09:47:25 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: My suggestion For The Next BB Release (Alan, Mark etc.)  (Read 6194 times)
mikeyj
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 04, 2007, 09:00:03 PM »

Neither would I. But let's not overrate.

Im not saying they are on par with Wordsworth or Shakespeare or something, alls I was saying was that their not "dopey". I dont think they are THAT brilliant except in the fact that its so simply written yet so poignant.
the captain
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 04, 2007, 09:01:47 PM »

I like plenty of them--but they're just pop lyrics...

Demon-Fighting Genius; Patronizing Twaddler; Argumentative, Sanctimonious Prick; Sensationalist Dullard; and Douche who (occasionally to rarely) puts songs here.

No interest in your assorted grudges and nonsense.
mikeyj
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 04, 2007, 09:33:59 PM »

I like plenty of them--but they're just pop lyrics...

LOL I see your point with most of the lyrics. Some of them are beyond dopey even, some are just downright pathetic. Eg: Summer of Love...
Jonas
Smiley Smile Associate

I've got the Beach Boys, my friends got the Stones

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 05, 2007, 07:19:40 AM »

LOL @ people getting offended

We would like to record under an atmosphere of calmness. - Brian Wilson
--
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g1IgXT3xFdU
SG7
« Reply #29 on: June 06, 2007, 02:33:36 PM »

I think the next thing they should release is something no one has, period. I would love to be surprised for once.
Magic Transistor Radio
Smiley Smile Associate

Bill Cooper Mystery Babylon

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: June 06, 2007, 03:28:18 PM »

I would love to hear some original Brian Wilson songs/productions with Mike, Al, Bruce, Dave or even Blondie or Ricky singing on it. I think that the Gettin in Over My Head album, as far as producing and song writing was excellent. Unfortunately, its hard to listen to Brian singing lead for 45 miniutes. Another idea would be for Brian to get 2nd generation BBs or girls to sing the songs.

"Over the years, I've been accused of not supporting our new music from this era (67-73) and just wanting to play our hits. That's complete b.s......I was also, as the front man, the one promoting these songs onstage and have the scars to show for it."
Mike Love autobiography (pg 242-243)
pixletwin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 23, 2007, 02:21:50 PM »

Something more Dennis-centered. I would like an official release of Dennis singing Good Timin, for example.
NightHider
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 26, 2007, 12:07:48 AM »

What 'non-official release' is Dennis singing Good Timin' available on?  Any live concert footage of this someone can post to youtube?
Peadar 'Big Dinner' O'Driscoll
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: June 26, 2007, 03:13:46 AM »

A live concert dvd form the early seventies would be great, something including blondie and Ricky or maybe that central park (i think) concert where they sing okie from muskogie and heroes and villians

babedog
Smiley Smile Newbie

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 26, 2007, 04:10:29 AM »

A live concert dvd form the early seventies would be great, something including blondie and Ricky or maybe that central park (i think) concert where they sing okie from muskogie and heroes and villians
  Id love to get a copy of the first showtime t.v. special.. any leads would be most appreciated
MBE
« Reply #35 on: June 26, 2007, 04:53:16 AM »

Which showtime special?
thomasogg
« Reply #36 on: June 26, 2007, 06:42:41 AM »

Oh Myn God!! I don't care how much it costs - I am buying that thing! Why can't we get releases like that over here in sunny Jersey? (Not New Jersey folks, the channel islands one..)
gfx
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx