gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680883 Posts in 27618 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims May 02, 2024, 02:01:42 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Enquiring minds want to know?  (Read 14257 times)
Pretty Funky
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 28, 2015, 05:39:12 PM »

Legacy? There's enough threads covering that so I'm not going near it. Grin
Micha
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #51 on: January 28, 2015, 11:36:46 PM »

Then BW can use a hollogram of Mike without the ego LOL
It would still draw a healthy round of boos from the audience.  angel
As it should be.... Cool

If there should be another Brian Q&A I think I'll ask whether he thinks his cousin Mike should unequivocally booed at when he or an image of him is seen on a stage.

Ceterum censeo SMiLEBrianum OSDumque esse excludendos banno.
The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 29, 2015, 05:23:07 AM »

Financially Brian might be better off touring under the BBs' name… for the first week or three. Then the gigs would tail-off - he just couldn't undertake the same number of shows as M&B, and the touring legacy would wither on the vine.

Why would he want to even go there, though? All signs are to me that he's happy in his new role collaborating with the more creatively active faction of the guys who were once BBs, and with a bunch of young contemporary artists.

Mike and Bruce slogging it out along the back roads of the US and beyond means he can conduct his creative indulgences without keeping a worried eye on his bank balance.

Brian Wilson is and always will be the soul of the band but that's because of his legacy. BW the contemporary creative hardworking guy is his own man.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2015, 09:00:18 AM by John Manning » Logged

“We live in divisive times.”
HeyJude
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #53 on: January 29, 2015, 05:58:08 AM »

Financially Brian might be better off tourism under the BBs' name… for the first week or three. Then the gigs would tail-off - he just couldn't undertake the same number of shows as M&B, and the touring legacy would wither on the vine.

Why would he want to even go there, though? All signs are to me that he's happy in his new role collaborating with the more creatively active faction of the guys who were once BBs, and with a bunch of young contemporary artists.

Mike and Bruce slogging it out along the back roads of the US and beyond means he can conduct his creative indulgences without keeping a worried eye on his bank balance.

Brian Wilson is and always will be the soul of the band but that's because of his legacy. BW the contemporary creative hardworking guy is his own man.

There is zero indication Brian ever has wanted to or would "take" the license and tour, without Mike, as "The Beach Boys." The only time in the last 20-plus years I've ever seen Brian indicate he wants to tour as "The Beach Boys" was in 2012. Had he been able to continue with the full lineup, I think we would have seen more BB shows with Brian. How many more I have no idea.

As for Brian's "bank balance", while it's all relative, we did examine this in as much as detail as one possibly can some time back in some other threads. While the licensing fee Brian and Al (and Carl's estate) get is likely a nice chunk of change for doing nothing, it is not, relative to the income generated from touring, some sort of HUGE amount of money. Brian and Al would make far more money actively touring and getting a full equal percentage off the top. Brian and Al made FAR more touring in 2012 than they have off their cut of the licensing fee in 2013, 2014, etc.

THE BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE IS ON FACEBOOK!!! http://www.facebook.com/beachboysopinion - Check out the original "BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE" Blog - http://beachboysopinion.blogspot.com/
The LEGENDARY OSD
Smiley Smile Associate

luHv Estrangement Syndrome. It's a great thing!

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 29, 2015, 06:42:57 AM »

Then BW can use a hollogram of Mike without the ego LOL
It would still draw a healthy round of boos from the audience.  angel
As it should be.... Cool

If there should be another Brian Q&A I think I'll ask whether he thinks his cousin Mike should unequivocally booed at when he or an image of him is seen on a stage.
Fire away! And hopefully you'll be in the audience capturing all those boos with your iPhone and report back to us asap. Enjoy the show!  Thud

myKe luHv, the most hated, embarrassing clown the world of music has ever witnessed.
Micha
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #55 on: January 29, 2015, 08:00:14 AM »

Even if I had an iphone, I couldn't record things that are only in your head.

Ceterum censeo SMiLEBrianum OSDumque esse excludendos banno.
gfx
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx