gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680935 Posts in 27621 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims May 09, 2024, 08:47:22 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 36 37 38 [39] 40 41 42 43 44 ... 47 Go Down Print
Author Topic: 50th Anniversary Tour Dates (as they roll out) (*UPDATED, Feb 15th*)  (Read 230442 times)
Stegibo
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #950 on: April 23, 2012, 09:56:06 AM »

So, will the concert at the Jazz Festival be broadcasted somewhere?

Are you ready for some Fun Fun Fun?!
Justin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #951 on: April 23, 2012, 10:03:50 AM »

Well the New Orleans Jazz Festival runs from April 27 to May 6th.  According to their official Youtube page, they will be broadcasting live from the festival from May 4th to 6th ONLY.  I do not believe they will be officially broadcasting The Beach Boys' portion of the show.  On the page, the countdown for the webcast is listed as 12 days (from today)...and definitely does not imply they are webcasting the performances on the 27th at all.  See:  http://www.youtube.com/jazzfest

And also from their Facebook Page;

"Have you checked out our Jazz Fest YouTube Page? We've put up a few videos to get you ready for #jazzfest2012 and don't forget we will be webcasting on May 4 - 6!"

So that's that, I guess.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2012, 10:05:37 AM by Justin » Logged
Stegibo
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #952 on: April 23, 2012, 10:12:56 AM »

Thanks for the info. Bummer!

mammy blue
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #953 on: April 23, 2012, 10:40:05 AM »

I'm a New Orleanian and I'll be there on friday. Anybody else coming? Where should I post my thoughts and impressions?
Justin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #954 on: April 23, 2012, 10:50:55 AM »

I'm a New Orleanian and I'll be there on friday. Anybody else coming? Where should I post my thoughts and impressions?

Exciting!  Do let us know your thoughts.  I think we'll be setting up an "official thread" for each night there is a gig so that everyone can post all their personal stories/pics/videos in that one specific thread.  So later in the week, you should find a thread on the board just for the New Orleans gig.
Wrightfan
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #955 on: April 23, 2012, 12:01:52 PM »

Just posted, the program cover for the reunion tour:
https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/575327_10150780469632241_34250497240_9448859_1253376258_n.jpg
Justin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #956 on: April 23, 2012, 12:03:43 PM »

Very nice...I'm really digging the official logo/images for the tour.  I'm just realizing now that I'll probably be spending a whole lot at the Merch table now  Undecided
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

"Too dumb for New York City, too ugly for L.A."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #957 on: April 23, 2012, 12:08:45 PM »

Soo...the tour starts tomorrow(!)...just wondering how we're going to handle the proceedings here on the board?  With each new date that rolls around, I'm sure there will be news articles, pictures and of course videos posted like crazy.  Are we just going to keep going on this particular thread and post until it explodes?  To me, I think we should devote a thread to each individual date just so comments/reviews/pictures/videos can all be organized in its own thread--instead of just jumbled into one long thread. 

Just wondering before things start to go really crazy around here tomorrow....

Yes Justin , I was thinking the same about having a thread for each gig etc.....

Also can't wait to see reviews , youtube footage , stage set , set list , Al fluffing his words (who cares  Cool , fans spoilt underwear  LOL  WHATEVER can't bloody well wait, bring it on

Maybe a separate section could be added to the board for the reunion gigs. On the other han, we have a section that lists reviews of cconcerts. So we might as well just post the concerts there

a diseased bunch of mo'fos if there ever was one… their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons.

- Lester Bangs on The Beach Boys

PRO SHOT BEACH BOYS CONCERTS - LIST

To sum it up, they blew it, they blew it consistently, they continue to blow it, it is tragic and this pathological problem caused The Beach Boys' greatest music to be so underrated by the general public.

- Jack Rieley
Justin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #958 on: April 23, 2012, 12:13:08 PM »

I know Rocker, but even with the sub-board available I honestly foresee people posting many threads here on the General Discussion section regarding the shows.  Almost no one goes to the Concert Review section and unless someone can 100% moderate this General Discussion board to catch all the "tour review" related posts and move them over to the Concert review section---I see a mess of posts in both sections, if not  all of them scattered around the Gen Discussion board.  We'll see....
Stegibo
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #959 on: April 23, 2012, 01:35:30 PM »

From BBB Board:
There is one song that I know of going on the set list that has a couple of small sections sung in spanish (but it's not "Kokomo")...

Bruce Johnston
Tucson, Airzona
April 23, 2012

What could it be? Shocked

Lowbacca
Smiley Smile Associate

please let me wonder

View Profile
« Reply #960 on: April 23, 2012, 01:36:43 PM »

Hey, Mexican Girl
A diamond in your hair
The soul of Los Feliz
Where laughter fills the air
Won't you make me smile?
Light up my sun dial?
Girl, you cast a net
On the day we met

Mexican Mexican Mexican Girl
Dance your way into my world

Hey, Mexican Girl
We'll light the burning fire
Heal me with your passion
Inspire me to inspire

Burning all night strong
As tender as a song
Help me understand
Make me a better man

Mexican, Mexican, Mexican Girl
Dance your way into my world
(Te quiero)
Hey bonita muchacha
Don't-cha know that I want-cha
Hey bonita muchacha
I need to know that I gotcha

You have my sacred heart
We'll finish at the start
Can you picture me
In your family tree?

Heyyy, hey hey hey hey
Hey, hey
Heyyy, hey hey heyyy
Mexican Girl
Mexican Girl
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #961 on: April 23, 2012, 01:37:34 PM »

At my Window is the song with spanish lyrics! Cool edit: its french LOL
« Last Edit: April 23, 2012, 01:41:09 PM by SMiLE Brian » Logged

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
STE
Smiley Smile Associate

"I'm not on top like I used to be"

View Profile
« Reply #962 on: April 23, 2012, 01:46:56 PM »

I Just Wasn't Made For These Times

Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #963 on: April 23, 2012, 01:56:09 PM »

Hey, Mexican Girl
A diamond in your hair

*koff* "dahlia"...  Grin

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
Lowbacca
Smiley Smile Associate

please let me wonder

View Profile
« Reply #964 on: April 23, 2012, 02:00:43 PM »

Hey, Mexican Girl
A diamond in your hair

*koff* "dahlia"...  Grin
Jeez, you're right.  Undecided That's what happens when you thoughtlessly copy and paste.  Grin
Wirestone
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #965 on: April 23, 2012, 02:01:23 PM »

I Just Wasn't Made For These Times

Bet you're right.
G.B.Beachboy
Smiley Smile Newbie

View Profile
« Reply #966 on: April 23, 2012, 02:07:19 PM »

Hi First post but here goes, I was looking forward to completing a lifetime ambition which was to travel from the UK to see the Beach Boys in their home state of California. I couldn't believe my bad luck when they announced all the Californian dates were in the dates of my vacation which has been bought and paid for and can't be changed without loss of funds. Then to add insult no UK dates have been announced, which although not being California would have been a substitute. Do you think the Band will play any more dates in the USA especially in California when they return home, or has my chance gone for good?
Lowbacca
Smiley Smile Associate

please let me wonder

View Profile
« Reply #967 on: April 23, 2012, 02:11:42 PM »

Hi First post but here goes, I was looking forward to completing a lifetime ambition which was to travel from the UK to see the Beach Boys in their home state of California. I couldn't believe my bad luck when they announced all the Californian dates were in the dates of my vacation which has been bought and paid for and can't be changed without loss of funds. Then to add insult no UK dates have been announced, which although not being California would have been a substitute. Do you think the Band will play any more dates in the USA especially in California when they return home, or has my chance gone for good?
In a new interview Bruce Johnston stated that the chances of them continuing to tour (after the string of already announced gigs has concluded) are rather slim. Sorry, mate. But in the world of the Beach Boys (just like in Spiceworld  Grin) you never know what may happen. And you can always catch a Mike&Bruce show after that.
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #968 on: April 23, 2012, 02:12:50 PM »

Check any ticket broker websites?

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
G.B.Beachboy
Smiley Smile Newbie

View Profile
« Reply #969 on: April 23, 2012, 02:18:34 PM »

In a new interview Bruce Johnston stated that the chances of them continuing to tour (after the string of already announced gigs has concluded) are rather slim. Sorry, mate. But in the world of the Beach Boys (just like in Spiceworld  Grin) you never know what may happen. And you can always catch a Mike&Bruce show after that.

Guess that was probably going to be the case but thanks for the information.
Jon Stebbins
Honored Guest

View Profile
« Reply #970 on: April 23, 2012, 06:24:55 PM »

I'll be there. Can't wait!
Autotune
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #971 on: April 23, 2012, 06:39:07 PM »

I'll be there. Can't wait!

I'll be there!! It's the best 8000-mile trip ever!

"His lyrical ability has never been touched by anyone, except for Mike Love."

-Brian Wilson on Van Dyke Parks (2015)
Autotune
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #972 on: April 23, 2012, 06:39:47 PM »

From BBB Board:
There is one song that I know of going on the set list that has a couple of small sections sung in spanish (but it's not "Kokomo")...

Bruce Johnston
Tucson, Airzona
April 23, 2012

What could it be? Shocked

Oh mi amor

"His lyrical ability has never been touched by anyone, except for Mike Love."

-Brian Wilson on Van Dyke Parks (2015)
Runaways
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #973 on: April 23, 2012, 06:47:47 PM »

did i miss something, why would IJWMFTT be in spanish?
SG7
« Reply #974 on: April 23, 2012, 06:58:07 PM »

did i miss something, why would IJWMFTT be in spanish?

It's kind of hidden in the back in  the sometimes I feel very sad section of the song. I think they isolated that part also in the Pet Sounds boxset too if I'm correct? There's been a few threads that have been spent trying to figure out what it means.
gfx
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 36 37 38 [39] 40 41 42 43 44 ... 47 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx