gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680890 Posts in 27619 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims May 03, 2024, 10:39:49 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: The cocaine tapes  (Read 8972 times)
Jonas
Smiley Smile Associate

I've got the Beach Boys, my friends got the Stones

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 20, 2007, 08:48:50 PM »

Theres a pretty big difference between playing a song in front of a crowd and playing it coked out of your mind in a room.

We would like to record under an atmosphere of calmness. - Brian Wilson
--
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g1IgXT3xFdU
MBE
« Reply #26 on: September 21, 2007, 01:48:14 AM »

I don't think he always left the stage on Heroes. Wasn't he there in the Aussie 1978 when they sang it? Yes the tape ends there.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2007, 02:25:35 PM by MBE » Logged
c-man
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: September 21, 2007, 04:39:31 AM »

I don't think he always left the stage on Heroes. Wasn't he their in the Aussie 1978 when they sang it? Yes the tape ends there.

Thanks.
Well, let's see...when he did that radio interview (Jim Pewter?) in '74, he left the room when booth "Good Vibrations" and "Hereoes" were played.
At the Largo, MD concert in 1977, he remained onstage, playing piano (yes, actually playing the piano).
At the Melbourne, Australia concert in 1978, he stayed onstage, playing bass guitar.
At the Omaha, NE concert in 1979, he definitely left the stage for a few songs, including that one (and, oddly, "Surfer Girl"). 
At the Knewbworth, England concert in 1980, he left the stage. 
But when he does it with his band nowadays...he stays onstage!  Smiley
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: September 21, 2007, 05:04:41 AM »

I don't think he always left the stage on Heroes. Wasn't he their in the Aussie 1978 when they sang it? Yes the tape ends there.

Thanks.
Well, let's see...when he did that radio interview (Jim Pewter?) in '74, he left the room when booth "Good Vibrations" and "Hereoes" were played.
At the Largo, MD concert in 1977, he remained onstage, playing piano (yes, actually playing the piano).
At the Melbourne, Australia concert in 1978, he stayed onstage, playing bass guitar.
At the Omaha, NE concert in 1979, he definitely left the stage for a few songs, including that one (and, oddly, "Surfer Girl"). 

Given he sings the lead, this is a very good thing !

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
James Hughes-Clarke
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 21, 2007, 06:45:54 AM »

Thanks.

Wembley Arena 1980.  During H&V he didn't QUITE leave the stage but wandered around behind the drum kit with his hands in his pockets.

Hypnotise me into thinking I'm not insane
MBE
« Reply #30 on: September 21, 2007, 02:26:36 PM »

So I guess it depended on what his mood was that day.
gfx
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx