gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680897 Posts in 27619 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims May 05, 2024, 03:21:45 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 ... 47 Go Down Print
Author Topic: 50th Anniversary Tour Dates (as they roll out) (*UPDATED, Feb 15th*)  (Read 230212 times)
The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« Reply #250 on: February 15, 2012, 08:15:21 AM »

I  am of the opinionation that Mr. Doe, an insider party to specific informationiasisms, is teasing us now and displaying his powers by choosing not to unveilicate the UK touring dates of the Beach Boys, a popular rhythm combo from California who might or might not be celebratificationing their semi-centenary.

“We live in divisive times.”
The Heartical Don
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #251 on: February 15, 2012, 08:18:26 AM »

I  am of the opinionation that Mr. Doe, an insider party to specific informationiasisms, is teasing us now and displaying his powers by choosing not to unveilicate the UK touring dates of the Beach Boys, a popular rhythm combo from California who might or might not be celebratificationing their semi-centenary.

...is the right answer. I just heard that the BBs will play each and every British city, town, and village, for free.

80% Of Success Is Showing Up
JimC1702
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #252 on: February 15, 2012, 08:18:52 AM »

Wahoo!  Saratoga Springs, NY.  I am so there!!

"Beautiful...beautiful...now it sounds like jewelry.........here we go"
Melt Away
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #253 on: February 15, 2012, 08:27:28 AM »

See you in Pittsburgh!!!

CarlTheVoice
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #254 on: February 15, 2012, 08:28:09 AM »

Brian's website says more soon, but doesn't include the other Euro dates. So I am not more worried that the UK dates won't be added. This is really bad! I never would have thought the UK would be overlooked! If they aren't doing any I'd rather know now so that I can decide whether I fly to somewhere else.  Cry
Wirestone
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #255 on: February 15, 2012, 08:29:34 AM »

Mike & Bruce have regularly played Tucson (my home) for years, so I'm glad to see they are apparently coming here rather than Phoenix. Now my worry... since it's listed as the very first show, I believe this will be a HUGE event, not only for Tucson but the musical world. It's not a large venue, although of course I have no way of knowing how else it might be configured for any particular show. I suspect tickets will sell quickly; sure hope I can get in.

Seems like the first couple of dates might be kind of smaller, test shows -- I think the big kick off will probably be the NOLA show. But yeah -- if the anticipation gets higher, you'll want to scramble for tickets!

Also, this heartens me -- anyone notice that there are dates both in theaters and in larger, outside venues? Anyone thinking we're going to have a two setlists situation?
« Last Edit: February 15, 2012, 08:39:24 AM by Wirestone » Logged
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

"Too dumb for New York City, too ugly for L.A."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #256 on: February 15, 2012, 08:29:47 AM »

Didn't Mike mention that three Japan dates were ooked ? I'm sure we'll hear about other dates soon.

a diseased bunch of mo'fos if there ever was one… their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons.

- Lester Bangs on The Beach Boys

PRO SHOT BEACH BOYS CONCERTS - LIST

To sum it up, they blew it, they blew it consistently, they continue to blow it, it is tragic and this pathological problem caused The Beach Boys' greatest music to be so underrated by the general public.

- Jack Rieley
AndrewHickey
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #257 on: February 15, 2012, 08:42:04 AM »

Brian's website says more soon, but doesn't include the other Euro dates. So I am not more worried that the UK dates won't be added. This is really bad! I never would have thought the UK would be overlooked! If they aren't doing any I'd rather know now so that I can decide whether I fly to somewhere else.  Cry

I think I'm going to buy tickets for the Italian shows just in case, if they haven't announced UK shows by Friday.

The Smiley Smile ignore function: http://andrewhickey.info/the-smiley-smile-ignore-button-sort-of/
Most recent update 03/12/15
CarlTheVoice
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #258 on: February 15, 2012, 08:44:06 AM »

Oh I am so annoyed by this! If there are going to be UK dates, they should just say these will come on soon. Then we know we will have some. Not saying anything is so bad! I've had a lot of bad luck recently and it seems like it's just carrying on!
Mikie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #259 on: February 15, 2012, 08:47:02 AM »

Yipeeeee!!!  Oh boy, oh boy, oh boy!

I'll see a few of you Bay Area fans on June 1 at the Greek Theatre in Berkeley or the following month at Harvey's Lake Tahoe Amphitheater in Stateline, Nevada!

Gotta be cool now, power shift here we gooooooooo!    Grin

I, I love the colorful clothes she wears, and she's already working on my brain. I only looked in her eyes, but I picked up something I just can't explain. I, I bet I know what she’s like, and I can feel how right she’d be for me. It’s weird how she comes in so strong, and I wonder what she’s picking up from me. I hope it’s good, good, good, good vibrations, yeah!!
jimmy1949
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #260 on: February 15, 2012, 08:53:56 AM »

I see a lot of open dates around July 4th..wonder if they'll do a freebie in Washington DC..that would really promoye the new album!! Smiley
Rob Dean
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #261 on: February 15, 2012, 09:06:34 AM »

I see a lot of open dates around July 4th..wonder if they'll do a freebie in Washington DC..that would really promoye the new album!! Smiley

would be nice BUT i'm sure that James Watt will say that '70 year old guys attract the wrong element'  LOL
DonnyL
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #262 on: February 15, 2012, 09:09:24 AM »

June 1          
Berkeley, CA                          
The Greek Theatre
On Sale: March 4  

YAY EAST BAY

!

CarlTheVoice
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #263 on: February 15, 2012, 09:11:27 AM »

Someone please put us UK fans out of our misery and let us know what the situation is! Good or bad we need to know!
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

"Too dumb for New York City, too ugly for L.A."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #264 on: February 15, 2012, 09:12:06 AM »

Hollywood bowl, allright...

a diseased bunch of mo'fos if there ever was one… their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons.

- Lester Bangs on The Beach Boys

PRO SHOT BEACH BOYS CONCERTS - LIST

To sum it up, they blew it, they blew it consistently, they continue to blow it, it is tragic and this pathological problem caused The Beach Boys' greatest music to be so underrated by the general public.

- Jack Rieley
DonnyL
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #265 on: February 15, 2012, 09:20:43 AM »

http://bangordailynews.com/2012/02/15/living/beach-boys-to-perform-on-bangor-waterfront/?ref=latest

that article linked above indicates more than 100 dates and implies Blondie will be joining for the entire tour:

For the first time in more than 20 years, all of the original surviving members — Brian Wilson, Mike Love and Al Jardine — of the Beach Boys will join longtime members David Marks, Bruce Johnston and Blondie Chaplin to perform live together on a worldwide tour featuring at least 100 dates and starting in New Orleans on April 27.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2012, 09:24:10 AM by DonnyL » Logged

Wrightfan
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #266 on: February 15, 2012, 09:21:50 AM »

Even though the May 15th show is one day after my birthday and very close to us, the Westchester County Center is not really known for their concerts.

Looks like Dad and I go gambling at Sands to what will be a newly opened Sands event center for May 19th  Smiley
Justin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #267 on: February 15, 2012, 09:22:54 AM »

Ughhhhh...not the Bowl.....!  It's nearly impossible to get any of the pool circle seats up front as you have to be a member of the ticket club.   Siiiiiiigh.
Amy B.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #268 on: February 15, 2012, 09:26:07 AM »

Haven't read this whole thread, so sorry if this has been mentioned, but...
Is anyone else taken aback by the ticket prices? The Beacon Theater shows in NYC are $236 or $153 for balcony. That's a lot of clams.
Runaways
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #269 on: February 15, 2012, 09:28:49 AM »

where are y'all seeing prices and stuff. i can't even find those dates
Wrightfan
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #270 on: February 15, 2012, 09:32:06 AM »

Is anyone else taken aback by the ticket prices? The Beacon Theater shows in NYC are $236 or $153 for balcony. That's a lot of clams.

It's New York City.  Razz
anazgnos
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #271 on: February 15, 2012, 09:33:43 AM »

Ughhhhh...not the Bowl.....!  It's nearly impossible to get any of the pool circle seats up front as you have to be a member of the ticket club.   Siiiiiiigh.

The Hollywood Bowl is a fantastic world-class venue since the remodel, with awesome sound and sightlines anywhere you sit.  I don't care if I have to sit in the back row, I'm thrilled they're at the Bowl.
Justin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #272 on: February 15, 2012, 09:33:53 AM »

I'm confused by the Beacon link...on the BB site it says on sale Feb 20 yet you go to that site they provide in the link and they look to be already on sale for high prices.  The site does NOT look official to me but more like a scalpers' site.  It looks like tickets for any event at the Beacon is through Ticketmaster (you can find all the events for sale there) but the Beach Boys are not yet listed on Ticketmaster for tickets...
Amy B.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #273 on: February 15, 2012, 09:35:25 AM »

It's New York City.  Razz

Yeah, well, for those of us in northern New Jersey, there are no other nearby shows. I guess I could drive down to Camden, NJ. That's near Philadelphia and is about 1.5 hours from me. Saw Brian in NYC and it was about $100 for pretty good seats.
Amy B.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #274 on: February 15, 2012, 09:37:29 AM »

I'm confused by the Beacon link...on the BB site it says on sale Feb 20 yet you go to that site they provide in the link and they look to be already on sale for high prices.  The site does NOT look official to me but more like a scalpers' site.  It looks like tickets for any event at the Beacon is through Ticketmaster (you can find all the events for sale there) but the Beach Boys are not yet listed on Ticketmaster for tickets...

I hope you're right, and lower priced tickets will be listed when the tickets go on sale.
gfx
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 ... 47 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx