gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
681063 Posts in 27629 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims May 19, 2024, 03:14:52 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Mike Love on Love & Mercy: ‘Poor Brian, He’s Had a Rough, Rough Time’  (Read 128137 times)
Empire Of Love
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #475 on: June 13, 2015, 07:43:31 AM »

Lolz.  So now opposing someone's view is intolerance?  That is rich.  You must be an attorney.
What I am is a BB fan.

Yes, it isn't just forming an opposing opinion.  It is insulting the one who opines.  When one insults, it is often because the underlying  argument is a failure.  And they got nothing else.

As you said, if the shoe fits...

grillo
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #476 on: June 13, 2015, 08:01:33 AM »

Why do you guys care what Cam thinks, and why are you trying to bully and browbeat him into submitting to your point of view? Get A Life.

All that horrible bullying?  You mean trying to reason with someone by posting dictionary definitions and expecting that person to abide by them?  I hope the guy doesn't develop a bad case of lexicophobia.

What an utter crock to call this discussion bullying.  Anyone presenting an opinion should expect contrary opinions to be expressed and should be prepared to defend their own opinion - with reason and without denying the plain meaning of words.  If you consider being challenged bullying, then don't join the discussion.

Guys and girls, if the best defense you have is to cry "bullying", you've not got much of a case.

First of all, I'm not "defending" anyone, I'm asking why you care what Cam thinks.  I also wonder why you feel the need to control the conversation by  telling me I should not join it if I think you are a bully.  Tell me what else I ought to do if I disagree with you. Empire of Love indeed.

You are guilty of your own charge.  Why do you care so much what I think about what Cam thinks?  Because he is being bullied?  Except he's not being bullied, he's being challenged and instead of addressing arguments he snarks.  He is free to express his opinion and free to snark.  And I am free to call BS.
I care because I find your mob mentality pathetic. Pile on the guy who disagrees and then call it a conversation...right.  I care because you have made the same point over and over but feel the need to have the last word and mock those who call you on it. So I am pushing back and questioning you on your motives. Do you NEED to be right? Do you NEED Cam to be wrong? Can you back down or walk away?

“You never change things by fighting the existing reality.
To change something, build a new model that makes the existing model obsolete.”
― Richard Buckminster Fuller
pixletwin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #477 on: June 13, 2015, 08:03:02 AM »

Occasionally there is a thread which brings out the dark and dirty underbelly of ss.net... This is one of those threads.

Don't we have better things to do? Like mow the lawn, call a friend and invite them out to lunch, or families to be with?

I think I'll go read a book on the front porch with my dog.

filledeplage
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #478 on: June 13, 2015, 08:03:34 AM »

Wow, now I am being insulted over my actual BBs musical tastes. So what if  I am not a big fan of CATP and Holland's songs, they are lacking from BW's touch.

Even ML on a good day would admit BW was the creative force driving the BBs.

No Brian involvement on Holland and So Tough?

Sail on Sailor - co authored by BW - released in 73 and 75 as a single and on The Departed sound track.
With BW / T. Almer/R. Kennedy/J. Rieley/ VD Parks

Funky Pretty - B. Wilson/M.Love/J. Rieley
Mt. Vernon and Fairway - BW
I'm the Pied Piper - BW/CW
Better Get Back in Bed - BW

Magic Transistor Radio - BW
Radio King Dom - BW

Vocals on Cal Saga - BW

CATP - So Tough

You Need a Mess of Help - BW / J. Rieley
He Come Down - A. Jardine /BW/ M. Love
Marcella - BW/Tandyn Almer/ J. Rieley

It appears that BW had a great deal of involvement on both Holland and So Tough...
Douchepool
Smiley Smile Associate

Time to make the chimifuckingchangas.

View Profile
« Reply #479 on: June 13, 2015, 08:07:28 AM »

Occasionally there is a thread which brings out the dark and dirty underbelly of ss.net... This is one of those threads.

Don't we have better things to do? Like mow the lawn, call a friend and invite them out to lunch, or families to be with?

+1

The Artist Formerly Known as Deadpool. You may refer to me as such, or as Mr. Pool.

This is also Mr. Pool's Naughty List. Don't end up on here. It will be updated.
filledeplage
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #480 on: June 13, 2015, 08:08:48 AM »

Lolz.  So now opposing someone's view is intolerance?  That is rich.  You must be an attorney.
What I am is a BB fan.

Yes, it isn't just forming an opposing opinion.  It is insulting the one who opines.  When one insults, it is often because the underlying  argument is a failure.  And they got nothing else.
As you said, if the shoe fits...
It is not I who is opining that Mike used the word "probably" in any untoward context. It has a meaning of  "very likely." It also means with "considerable certainty."
filledeplage
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #481 on: June 13, 2015, 08:10:19 AM »

+1
Have one... Beer
guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

"Barba non facit aliam historici"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #482 on: June 13, 2015, 08:12:28 AM »

Should I repost it again? Or sum it up? Let's sum it up.

Landy wrote Brian's own family out of a will and instead tried to make him and therefore his family the beneficiaries to that estate. It's morally, ethically, and legally *wrong*.

Landy's son talked to a tabloid where he defended his father but conveniently ignored the issue of changing the will.

Some said the word of Landy's son is or should be "equal" to that of Brian and Melinda who have been married for the past several decades.

If some think Landy's word or that of his son are worth reading in light of them changing a man's will - their patient - the basic morality and a sense of right and wrong should kick in at some point if that's a possibility and the absurdity of such a notion would become obvious.

Because a doctor and his staff who willingly tried to write a patient's family out of that patient's will have already cashed in their credibility chips at the table. They have no more cards to play after that. Those who think that group's "perspective" is worth  considering should ask to be dealt into that twisted card game that the Daily Mail seems to have been hosting, as well as some on this board.

Just take the Old West adage to heart before getting cheated: Never play poker with a man named "Doc".

And again, the bottom line is, if anyone here has something factual to counter or dispute anything I (and others) have said in this and other threads on this topic and others related, whether it be about the Landys, Brian's family and how they responded and acted on the will issue and other related things with Landy, and so forth...put your cards on the table and show us what you got.

Otherwise, you got to know when to fold 'em - as Kenny Rogers so aptly put it into a song.

So what have you got? Put the cards on the table.

I don't know what thread you are reading but no poster here has defended Landy's actions at any point or disputed what he did.

This tactic of yours again? "I don't know what thread you're reading BUT....."

Seriously, that's amateur hour. It's been done so often anyone can pick it aout. At least read what I wrote, and respond to it.

IT'S ABOUT EVAN LANDY AND THOSE SAYING HIS WORDS ARE "EQUAL" TO BRIAN'S OWN FAMILY!

IT'S ABOUT THOSE WHO THINK EVAN LANDY'S WORDS ARE WORTH READING AS OPPOSED TO THE MOVIE'S "VERSION OF EVENTS"!

IT'S ABOUT THOSE WHO SUGGEST EVAN LANDY HAS EVEN THE SLIGHTEST DEFENSE FOR HIS FATHER'S ACTIONS AFTER HIS FAMILY TRIED TO f*** BRIAN WILSON AND HIS FAMILY BY CHANGING THE WILL!

How about this, Mike's Beard or anyone else: Tell me anything that Evan Landy wrote that would be worth considering in light of the fact he *personally* stood to inherit a percentage of Brian Wilson's estate had Gene Landy's plan been successful and no one stepped in.

Tell me how someone who stood by and watched as all this stuff happened and was paid to do so, yet fails to mention the most egregious actions of his father in the only appearance he's made publicly for a long time to ":set the record straight" should be pointed to as something worth reading AND considering?

Put *your* cards on the table. And make sure you read the posts before trying that stuff again about "I don't know what thread you're reading BUT..."

We're not that naive.

"All of us have the privilege of making music that helps and heals - to make music that makes people happier, stronger, and kinder. Don't forget: Music is God's voice." - Brian Wilson
guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #483 on: June 13, 2015, 08:14:48 AM »

+1
Have one... Beer

Go see the film "Love & Mercy", how about that option? I've seen it, I think I'm going again either today or tomorrow.

"All of us have the privilege of making music that helps and heals - to make music that makes people happier, stronger, and kinder. Don't forget: Music is God's voice." - Brian Wilson
Empire Of Love
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #484 on: June 13, 2015, 08:16:13 AM »

I am beginning to feel judged from the intolerant mob mentality of a few posters here who seem to be rallying against me.  It is disheartening that in this era of love and acceptance we cannot take Noah Webster at his word.  I think you guys and girls are probably out to get me and by that I mean I am certain you are out to get me.  But I don't really mean what I appear to have said as I have been misquoted by the auto-correct the mods have hidden in the code of this board for the sole purpose of confounding me.  Please forgive all that has gone before, I am being controlled by my wifeandmanagers, it is the meds talking, not me (don't worry, I am off street drugs, these are prescribed by my overlords).  Their methods are probably bad but one can't be certain unless one is there, in spite of the court case, the license revocation, and the fact that my will was changed while I was over medicated.  If anyone knows a good TM instructor please send contact information, I hear it cures all ills and possibly causes people who don't know me to defend me even at the expense of reason.

Don't judge me, that was satire.  Is satire permitted or should we rally to remove Stewart and Colbert from the airwaves?  Perhaps we could 1984 their work out of existence.

Wait, you guys/girls are all being serious?

Empire of Love (meant ironically, I don't really love anyone)
« Last Edit: June 13, 2015, 08:35:52 AM by Empire Of Love » Logged

guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #485 on: June 13, 2015, 08:18:25 AM »

Occasionally there is a thread which brings out the dark and dirty underbelly of ss.net...

It runs deeper than this.

Cam Mott
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #486 on: June 13, 2015, 08:39:30 AM »

In a recent interview Brian said the following about Mike:

Q: He [Mike] was always on your back, though, to tend to the commercial rather than the artistic."

A: He was probably an anchor. He probably wrote a lot of the words to songs like “Good Vibrations.” And he’s probably a good man.

Now, does this mean Mike was without a doubt an anchor, and that without a doubt wrote the words to songs like Good Vibrations and without a doubt is a good man?

Nope.  But thankfully that's not what he said, is it?  What he actually said was:

A: He was an anchor. He wrote a lot of the words to songs like “Good Vibrations.” And he’s a good man.

Thankfully Brian knows how to conduct himself in an interview even when he is being baited.

Wouldn't it be more like

Landy: "Was Mike an anchor? Probably. Did he write a lot of words to songs like "Good Vibrations"? Probably. And is he a good man? Hell, yeah."

if Landy had publically praised Mike for 30 years as the group's anchor and writer of lots of words to songs like GV and good man.

Another case of classic Cam Mott avoidance?  Or are you taking me for a ride?  It is hard to tell...

Even Doe isn't here defending this one, you are riding solo this time out.  But Old Faithful just keeps on keeping on, increasingly less coherent, but nevertheless not detered!

I took it you were making some kind of a comparison and the original statement was by Mike commenting on a relationship between Brian and Landy but had your example had the two in the relationship, Mike and Brian, commenting on each other rather than someone commenting on their relationship. So I made it Landy commenting on a relationship between Brian and Mike so the circumstance fit the comparison you were trying to make.

I was demonstrating the meaning of "probably".  If Brian said that Mike "probably" wrote the lyrics to Good Vibrations he would be leaving room for doubt, because regardless of the level of likelihood implied by the word, it stops short of certainty...because that is the definition of probable/probably.

It does not matter who is asking/answering the question.  What matters is the meaning of the word.  Mike used to speak with certainty in regards to Landy's methods, and for that he should be commended.  But now, for reasons unknown to me, he reserves certainty only for Landy's money grab and speaks of his methods/therapy in probability.  He leaves the door open for the possibility it wasn't all that bad.  And then he furthers the point by referring to the Evan Landy article.

But you won't address the clear distinction between his "hell yeah" and his "probably", which mystifies me as much as Mike's choice of words.

EoL

Yes, the meaning of "probably" with a better (imo) oranges to oranges comparison is also what I was demonstrating.  I did address it repeatedly, "probably" is still affirmation of his previously strongly stated (more strongly worded if you wish because it makes no difference) denouncement of Landy and no one has demonstrated anything different. You are welcome to continue in your own smug and dismissive semantic gymnastics and refusal to take an answer but you haven't negated Mike's public denouncements with your opinion or semantics.

"Bring me the head of Carmen Sandiego" Lynne "The Chief" Thigpen
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #487 on: June 13, 2015, 08:46:33 AM »

Wow, now I am being insulted over my actual BBs musical tastes. So what if  I am not a big fan of CATP and Holland's songs, they are lacking from BW's touch.

Sail on Sailor - co authored by BW - released in 73 and 75 as a single and on The Departed sound track.

Radio King Dom - BW

Vocals on Cal Saga - BW

CATP - So Tough

It appears that BW had a great deal of involvement on both Holland and So Tough...

Have to agree with you here, and in fact have to expound on it...

Funky Pretty not only has a small vocal cameo from Brian ('pretty funky gone'), he is the drummer on that track.

All 3 of his songs on CATP feature his vocals, and 2 of them were mainly produced by Brian ('Marcella' excepted)

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
Mike's Beard
Smiley Smile Associate

Check your privilege. Love & Mercy guys!

View Profile
« Reply #488 on: June 13, 2015, 08:50:53 AM »

Seriously, that's amateur hour. It's been done so often anyone can pick it aout. At least read what I wrote, and respond to it.

IT'S ABOUT EVAN LANDY AND THOSE SAYING HIS WORDS ARE "EQUAL" TO BRIAN'S OWN FAMILY!

IT'S ABOUT THOSE WHO THINK EVAN LANDY'S WORDS ARE WORTH READING AS OPPOSED TO THE MOVIE'S "VERSION OF EVENTS"!

IT'S ABOUT THOSE WHO SUGGEST EVAN LANDY HAS EVEN THE SLIGHTEST DEFENSE FOR HIS FATHER'S ACTIONS AFTER HIS FAMILY TRIED TO f*** BRIAN WILSON AND HIS FAMILY BY CHANGING THE WILL!

How about this, Mike's Beard or anyone else: Tell me anything that Evan Landy wrote that would be worth considering in light of the fact he *personally* stood to inherit a percentage of Brian Wilson's estate had Gene Landy's plan been successful and no one stepped in.

Tell me how someone who stood by and watched as all this stuff happened and was paid to do so, yet fails to mention the most egregious actions of his father in the only appearance he's made publicly for a long time to ":set the record straight" should be pointed to as something worth reading AND considering?

Put *your* cards on the table. And make sure you read the posts before trying that stuff again about "I don't know what thread you're reading BUT..."

We're not that naive.

Hang on, I just need to open a window to let some of this hot air out...

OK I'm back.  Show me anywhere where a poster is agreeing with Evan Landy's version of events. Where any poster is siding with Landy justifying what his father did. Put *your* cards on the table.
Don't confuse people respecting Evan's right to give his viewpoint with people thinking it invalidates the overwhelming evidence to the contrary.  

I'd rather be forced to sleep with Caitlyn Jenner then ever have to listen to NPP again.
Empire Of Love
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #489 on: June 13, 2015, 08:52:10 AM »

Q: He [Mike] was always on your back, though, to tend to the commercial rather than the artistic."

A: He was probably an anchor. He probably wrote a lot of the words to songs like “Good Vibrations.” And he’s probably a good man.

Now, does this mean Mike was without a doubt an anchor, and that without a doubt wrote the words to songs like Good Vibrations and without a doubt is a good man?

Nope.  But thankfully that's not what he said, is it?  What he actually said was:

A: He was an anchor. He wrote a lot of the words to songs like “Good Vibrations.” And he’s a good man.

Thankfully Brian knows how to conduct himself in an interview even when he is being baited.

Wouldn't it be more like

Landy: "Was Mike an anchor? Probably. Did he write a lot of words to songs like "Good Vibrations"? Probably. And is he a good man? Hell, yeah."

if Landy had publically praised Mike for 30 years as the group's anchor and writer of lots of words to songs like GV and good man.

Another case of classic Cam Mott avoidance?  Or are you taking me for a ride?  It is hard to tell...

Even Doe isn't here defending this one, you are riding solo this time out.  But Old Faithful just keeps on keeping on, increasingly less coherent, but nevertheless not detered!

I took it you were making some kind of a comparison and the original statement was by Mike commenting on a relationship between Brian and Landy but had your example had the two in the relationship, Mike and Brian, commenting on each other rather than someone commenting on their relationship. So I made it Landy commenting on a relationship between Brian and Mike so the circumstance fit the comparison you were trying to make.

I was demonstrating the meaning of "probably".  If Brian said that Mike "probably" wrote the lyrics to Good Vibrations he would be leaving room for doubt, because regardless of the level of likelihood implied by the word, it stops short of certainty...because that is the definition of probable/probably.

It does not matter who is asking/answering the question.  What matters is the meaning of the word.  Mike used to speak with certainty in regards to Landy's methods, and for that he should be commended.  But now, for reasons unknown to me, he reserves certainty only for Landy's money grab and speaks of his methods/therapy in probability.  He leaves the door open for the possibility it wasn't all that bad.  And then he furthers the point by referring to the Evan Landy article.

But you won't address the clear distinction between his "hell yeah" and his "probably", which mystifies me as much as Mike's choice of words.

EoL

Yes, the meaning of "probably" with a better (imo) oranges to oranges comparison is also what I was demonstrating.  I did address it repeatedly, "probably" is still affirmation of his previously strongly stated (more strongly worded if you wish because it makes no difference)denouncement of Landy and no one has demonstrated anything different. You are welcome to continue in your own smug and dismissive semantic gymnastics and refusal to take an answer but you haven't negated Mike's public denouncements with your opinion or semantics.

You were so close to the truth you could probably taste it.  But at least you finally admitted that his wording was less strong than it was in the past.  Now, if you'd admit that "yes" and "hell yea" communicate certainty and that "probably " communicates less than certainty, you'd be on to something.  Baby steps.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2015, 08:53:49 AM by Empire Of Love » Logged

Mike's Beard
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #490 on: June 13, 2015, 08:56:23 AM »

Funky Pretty not only has a small vocal cameo from Brian ('pretty funky gone'), he is the drummer on that track.

I could be wrong but I'm guessing that Brian "probably" played the entire backing track.

I'd rather be forced to sleep with Caitlyn Jenner then ever have to listen to NPP again.
Cam Mott
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #491 on: June 13, 2015, 08:56:43 AM »

"IT'S ABOUT EVAN LANDY AND THOSE SAYING HIS WORDS ARE "EQUAL" TO BRIAN'S OWN FAMILY!

IT'S ABOUT THOSE WHO SUGGEST EVAN LANDY HAS EVEN THE SLIGHTEST DEFENSE FOR HIS FATHER'S ACTIONS AFTER HIS FAMILY TRIED TO f*** BRIAN WILSON AND HIS FAMILY BY CHANGING THE WILL!"

I don't know who said all of this but thinking both sides should be heard isn't an endorsement of any wrongdoing imo.

Mike's Beard
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #492 on: June 13, 2015, 09:10:05 AM »

"IT'S ABOUT EVAN LANDY AND THOSE SAYING HIS WORDS ARE "EQUAL" TO BRIAN'S OWN FAMILY!

IT'S ABOUT THOSE WHO SUGGEST EVAN LANDY HAS EVEN THE SLIGHTEST DEFENSE FOR HIS FATHER'S ACTIONS AFTER HIS FAMILY TRIED TO f*** BRIAN WILSON AND HIS FAMILY BY CHANGING THE WILL!"

I don't know who said all of this but thinking both sides should be heard isn't an endorsement of any wrongdoing imo.

Exactly. We all read the fucking Mail article so we all had an interest in what Evan had to say. And anyone with knowledge of the will tampering and a decent grip on reality would conclude after reading it that Evan is at worst trying to rewrite history to make his dad look less the calculating opportunist he really was or at best unwilling to accept what a piece of crap his father was. 

ontor pertawst
Smiley Smile Associate

L♡VE ALWAYS WINS

View Profile WWW
« Reply #493 on: June 13, 2015, 09:10:55 AM »

Aw, isn't that precious? Both sides need to be heard. By all means, lets hear more from the people who conspired to steal BW's estate. There's so much we can learn from these criminals. I'm planning on running a similar scam on John Stamos, after all.

Cam, maybe you can do more "research" and learn more from Evan. He takes cash or checks. Maybe you can do a Kickstarter to raise the funds. Probably.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2015, 09:22:43 AM by ontor pertawst » Logged
Cam Mott
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #494 on: June 13, 2015, 09:11:09 AM »

Nope.  But thankfully that's not what he said, is it?  What he actually said was:

Wouldn't it be more like

Another case of classic Cam Mott avoidance?  Or are you taking me for a ride?  It is hard to tell...

Even Doe isn't here defending this one, you are riding solo this time out.  But Old Faithful just keeps on keeping on, increasingly less coherent, but nevertheless not detered!

I was demonstrating the meaning of "probably".  If Brian said that Mike "probably" wrote the lyrics to Good Vibrations he would be leaving room for doubt, because regardless of the level of likelihood implied by the word, it stops short of certainty...because that is the definition of probable/probably.

It does not matter who is asking/answering the question.  What matters is the meaning of the word.  Mike used to speak with certainty in regards to Landy's methods, and for that he should be commended.  But now, for reasons unknown to me, he reserves certainty only for Landy's money grab and speaks of his methods/therapy in probability.  He leaves the door open for the possibility it wasn't all that bad.  And then he furthers the point by referring to the Evan Landy article.

EoL

Yes, the meaning of "probably" with a better (imo) oranges to oranges comparison is also what I was demonstrating.  I did address it repeatedly, "probably" is still affirmation of his previously strongly stated (more strongly worded if you wish because it makes no difference)denouncement of Landy and no one has demonstrated anything different. You are welcome to continue in your own smug and dismissive semantic gymnastics and refusal to take an answer but you haven't negated Mike's public denouncements with your opinion or semantics.

You were so close to the truth you could probably taste it.  But at least you finally admitted that his wording was less strong than it was in the past.  Now, if you'd admit that "yes" and "hell yea" communicate certainty and that "probably " communicates less than certainty, you'd be on to something.  Baby steps.

Actually I don't see it as less strong wording but more truthful wording. I had said earlier that Mike presumably had first hand knowledge of the things he answered with "yea" but was not an actual eyewitness to the therapeutic relationship of Landy and Brian so "probably" is an appropriate response but the truth shows he believed thoroughly Landy was wrong and he denounced him completely and no one has shown anything different imo.

Empire Of Love
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #495 on: June 13, 2015, 09:16:36 AM »

We're not that naive.

Hang on, I just need to open a window to let some of this hot air out...

OK I'm back.  Show me anywhere where a poster is agreeing with Evan Landy's version of events. Where any poster is siding with Landy justifying what his father did. Put *your* cards on the table.
Don't confuse people respecting Evan's right to give his viewpoint with people thinking it invalidates the overwhelming evidence to the contrary.  

Where is filledpledge?  Where is grillo?  One of our own is under attack and no one comes to his defense?  Well if no one else is going to defend guitarfool then the burden falls on me.  GF may use a lot of words to get across his point but to say his words are empty and meaningless is cruel and intolerant and unacceptable.  This board has reached a new low with this sort of bullying.  Please leave our mod alone.  He has his opinion and you have yours but he should be able to present his case without fear of being attacked.

From the very bottom of my admittedly shallow heart I plead for your help in defending our mod!  No more hate speech!  No more hate speech!

Empire of (trying my best to) Love

Empire Of Love
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #496 on: June 13, 2015, 09:20:02 AM »

Wow, now I am being insulted over my actual BBs musical tastes. So what if  I am not a big fan of CATP and Holland's songs, they are lacking from BW's touch.

Radio King Dom - BW

Vocals on Cal Saga - BW

CATP - So Tough

Hey, SB has his opinion and you have yours.  Quit the endless parsing of album credits and learn try to learn to tolerate all viewpoints.  Facts do not matter, opinions matter, especially when repeated over and over again with no supporting statements.  I am calling for an end to needless attacks on SB's opinion regarding Brian's involvement on these records.  It's pathetic how someone would attack SB on the basis of facts.

Empire of Pure Love And Equality for All Opinions Even Those Not Supported By Facts
« Last Edit: June 13, 2015, 09:22:09 AM by Empire Of Love » Logged

Cam Mott
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #497 on: June 13, 2015, 09:34:54 AM »

Aw, isn't that precious? Both sides need to be heard. By all means, lets hear more from the people who conspired to steal BW's estate. There's so much we can learn from these criminals. I'm planning on running a similar scam on John Stamos, after all.

Cam, maybe you can do more "research" and learn more from Evan. He takes cash or checks. Maybe you can do a Kickstarter to raise the funds. Probably.

I have done research and shared it on these boards? Have you?

guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #498 on: June 13, 2015, 09:42:24 AM »

Here are my cards:

Evan Landy was a paid employee who was involved in all of this. He was one of the "watchers", the Surf Nazis as some called them, who was shadowing and monitoring Brian during Gene Landy's treatment. He was a firsthand participant and eyewitness to what Gene Landy was doing.

Now, if we accept that Gene Landy's actions were wrong on the most basic level, or even to the point the various courts and legal/ethical organizations did when they acted to remove Brian from Landy entirely after stripping him of his license to practice in California...

At some point when you're witness to and aware of activities that are taking place that are on anyone's standards wrong, unethical, immoral, and even illegal, you have a choice to either speak up and act to stop it, or continue to be paid to do your job and go along with the program.

There was the issue of the over-medication and administration of certain medications and prescription "cocktails" which harmed Brian. There were other purely health-related issues with the treatments and various regimens prescribed by Gene Landy that jeopardized the health of his patient.

Then there was the legal elephant in the room of changing the man's will, which on any standard is beyond wrong, it's illegal.

When Evan Landy comes forward in an interview the same week a film comes out about Brian Wilson, attempting to defend his father's (and his) actions yet refusing to even acknowledge at least one of the key issues that ended up sinking his father legally, there is no reason to point to that interview as worthy of consideration if not - again in my opinion - suggesting the word and defense of Landy should be on equal consideration with Brian's own wife and family. That - again - is absurd.

In my opinion, someone who was a paid employee that refused to take action at the time this was happening, and decades later refuses to admit there was wrongdoing at all but rather an atmosphere of love and caring has forfeited the right to be taken seriously, if not heard in general.

We're going around in circles here trying to defend the indefensible. By pointing to the interview with Evan Landy as something interesting to consider or on equal footing with those who were actually on the right side of history, it removes any sense of weighing what was right or wrong.

If you were neck-deep in what was going on, and you saw things happening that were questionable if not wrong on a basic level (like the changing of the will), yet you continued to collect a salary while ignoring all of it and not acting on it, then to come out 20+ years later defending those actions which by almost all standards were "wrong"...

You've forfeited the right to be taken seriously.

So point to Evan Landy's words as something worth considering. Equate them to what Brian's family saw and did. See how the legal and medical oversight/regulation channels dealt with Gene Landy. Weigh all the options. Then consider the sources. And see how absurd this push to point fans to an interview which is a defense of Gene Landy's actions really is in light of the facts.

There is another legal term to consider besides whistleblower, and that's "accessory". Plug that in and see how it fits.

Hank Briarstem
Smiley Smile Associate

I feel dizzy.

View Profile
« Reply #499 on: June 13, 2015, 09:44:11 AM »

I for one am proud the board now has an Umpire of Love! Recall that Brian Wilson's greatest achievement was being a Cougar centerfielder! Or possibly not.

Brian once told me - "Hank, fry me an egg. Over easy."

Would that life were so simple. But where was I? Ah yes! Given the differences of opinion among the many Beach Boys fans regarding Michael Edward Love, it was a brilliant solution -- designate an Umpire of Love! And only that has prevented this tightly constructed 20-page thread from becoming a 200-page morass of "he probably said, she probably said."

I recall Al Jardine saying "I'll probably get a haircut today." And he did. Boldly. This was, I believe, the same day he feigned illness and missed the Summer Days, Summer Nights cover shot, preferring instead to see the barber. And let's not forget that Al has to this day a full head of hair. Can we say the same for all the living Beach Boys? Probably not.

The question we must ask ourselves is whether this Umpire of Love concept should be extended. Umpire of Wilson? Umpire of Jardine? Umpire of That Guy Who Wrote the Manilow Song? Umpire of Marks? Umpire of Chaplin? Umpire of Fataar?

Efficiency dictates consideration. Or probably not. My fifth wife's clever third cousin efficiently emptied the bank account in Des Moines, and it took me years to recover some minimal level of fiscal solvency.

But I digress.

By all means! Umpire of Love! Let us razz the great man in the grand tradition of booing the ump! "Can you not see, Willie?" "Borrow my glasses" "Your mother wears Ben Gay inappropriately!"

I recall Dennis Wilson telling me "Stop following me, putz!" Ah that Dennis. How we must have laughed, though I can't recall.

Play ball!
gfx
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx