gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
681083 Posts in 27629 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims May 22, 2024, 08:07:43 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Brian and Melinda adopt another son  (Read 29860 times)
Dancing Bear
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: October 12, 2009, 07:47:47 PM »

I think there should be an age limit for adopting kids, no matter if they'd stay till they're 18 at an institution.

California's representatives disagree, so be it.

I'm fat as a cow oh how'd I ever get this way!
Pretty Funky
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 12, 2009, 08:29:43 PM »

But natural is ok right?

Paul MacCartney, solo dad, drug conviction, no problem or do you put his kid in a institution as well?
urbanite
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 12, 2009, 08:41:15 PM »

I think it's bizarre, unhealthy, that a woman would have children and hand them off to someone else. 
Dancing Bear
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 12, 2009, 09:22:55 PM »

But natural is ok right?

Paul MacCartney, solo dad, drug conviction, no problem or do you put his kid in a institution as well?
It's not 'ok', but the state can't and shouldn't prevent it from happen, for n reasons.

When it's an adoption, the state can and does check the folks who want to adopt, whoever they are.

♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #54 on: October 13, 2009, 12:02:40 AM »

I think there should be an age limit for adopting kids, no matter if they'd stay till they're 18 at an institution.

California's representatives disagree, so be it.

See, that's the thing...THIS is my only objection to this adoption. It is extremely diffcult being the child of an older parent. I'm not knocking my own father, but there were issues caused by him being so much older than me (46 when I was born), and you can  imagine when the father is in his late   60.Just by the natural order of things, Brian probably has another 20 years left. You know just how much of Dash and Dylan's lives Brian is  going to miss out? It really sucks, knowing that my dad didn't live long enough to see me become a father. Yeah, my dad's passing was due to illness, but how would it feel knowing that it is a near guarantee knowing your dad wouldn't live to see you become a parent, or get married, or graduate college?

Off topic, but my dad was cooler than merda, though. Put it like this: when I was a teen, I was the one who mainly listened to oldies, but my father was the one who listened to (then)current music! I still remember bringing a girlfriend home, when upon hearing Toad the Wet Sprocket blaring, she naturally assumed I left the radio on. Nope, just Dad chillin' in his room.

Oddly enough, he didn't care for the Beach Boys...too "lightweight" for him. Of course, he wasn't familiar with their work other than the real early stuff and "Kokomo".
« Last Edit: October 13, 2009, 11:34:55 AM by Billy Castillo » Logged

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: October 13, 2009, 02:35:58 AM »

Put simply, I think that adopting a baby at that age is wrong and pretty selfish. I`m not having a go at Brian here because I think we all know that this wouldn`t have been his idea but that child has some tough times ahead. Obviously I hope that Brian (and Melinda for that matter) will be healthy for a long time to come but the truth is that even if he lives until that baby becomes an adult, the chances are that he will gradually slow down. I know from personal experience how tough it can be to, as a child, watch one of your parents get sicker and sicker and more and more tired.

The natural order of things is that a child`s parents should die when that child has achieved independence and while due to accidents and illnesses that can`t always be the case, there should be a decent chance of it coming to pass. The odds are clearly stacked against it here and that is a terrible way for this child`s life to begin. Contingency measures may have been put in place but no matter what they are, they will be no replacement for the kids`new parents.

If we all thought that way none of us would ever have kids, in case something happened to us. My Dad's 30 years older than me, I'm 44 years older than my daughter. My Dad's mum lived 'til 98, and was fully independent until she was about 95. But she was probably irresponsible giving birth to my Dad at around 28 years old, right?  She could have raised me and my siblings...

Blimey, this board is suddenly becoming more like the Daily Mail!

Death -  it's part of life.

“We live in divisive times.”
The Heartical Don
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: October 13, 2009, 03:53:42 AM »

See it this way: for driving a car, you need a license. But for creating and rearing a family, you don't. That means that people who are pretty inept at everything in life, drink and drug a lot, and can't discuss in any normal way and like to push around, slap, and bully, and are often totally 'absent' in whatever way, I repeat: these people are allowed to procreate and guide kids through life. With predictable (awful) results.

If I had the chance to be born again, under the condition that I either choose the above environment, or the Wilson/Ledbetter family, my choice would be so easy that I don't even have to name it.

80% Of Success Is Showing Up
Nicko
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: October 13, 2009, 05:27:16 AM »

If we all thought that way none of us would ever have kids, in case something happened to us. My Dad's 30 years older than me, I'm 44 years older than my daughter. My Dad's mum lived 'til 98, and was fully independent until she was about 95. But she was probably irresponsible giving birth to my Dad at around 28 years old, right?  She could have raised me and my siblings...

Blimey, this board is suddenly becoming more like the Daily Mail!

Death -  it's part of life.

As I stated clearly in my post, of course nobody knows what is around the corner. But if a child`s parents are already old then there is a significantly greater chance that they will fall ill or die while those children are not yet adults. That`s all.
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

"Too dumb for New York City, too ugly for L.A."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #58 on: October 13, 2009, 05:31:14 AM »

Be my baby......

I think I just contributed the best post in this thread

a diseased bunch of mo'fos if there ever was one… their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons.

- Lester Bangs on The Beach Boys

PRO SHOT BEACH BOYS CONCERTS - LIST

To sum it up, they blew it, they blew it consistently, they continue to blow it, it is tragic and this pathological problem caused The Beach Boys' greatest music to be so underrated by the general public.

- Jack Rieley
The Heartical Don
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: October 13, 2009, 05:49:47 AM »

Be my baby......

I think I just contributed the best post in this thread

As long as you yourself are of the above opinion, it is all right, sir.

80% Of Success Is Showing Up
Aegir
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #60 on: October 13, 2009, 06:43:06 AM »

I don't think there would be a parent on this board that couldn't be criticized for some reason or another. Perhaps not 17 dogs but 17 versions of 'Pet Sounds' anyone? Attending countless BW/ BB concerts during the same tour seem normal? Take a look at how long your total time logged on this site is (top left of screen). Tell me some would not think that's a bit strange. Insecure even?
26 days, but what's your point? There's a difference between spending time on a message board and orphaning children.

Every time you spell Smile as SMiLE, an angel's wings are forcibly torn off its body.
Mr. Wilson
Smiley Smile Associate

Surfs up around these parts.!

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: October 13, 2009, 08:10:05 AM »

BW has 20 yrs left..?..Acording to U.S. stats..Women live to be an average of 78..Men 74..Yes i know there is plenty of exceptions..But the math says otherwise..Anyway i still think BW is AWARE of everything + it has his blessing..Its his + Melinda"s life..The kids will be taken care of by the extended family..Heck.. Billy Hinsche is part of the family..Lets talk music.
brother john
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #62 on: October 13, 2009, 08:18:32 AM »

I see nothing wrong with this at all. If the kids are given a stable home, great, and even when B&M are gone they'll likely want for nothing and I'm sure a support network will be in place then. My concern is for B&M's existing families -  hope they're getting their share of family too.

Both his parents will be dead by the time he is twenty.

Support network? A big bag of cash and a secretary is no substitute for an actual family.

Religion is a privilege, not a right.
Amy B.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: October 13, 2009, 08:22:24 AM »

Yes, I think the suggestion that Brian is not aware that he has four adopted children is a bit absurd. I don't know him, but I think a lot of people underestimate his state of consciousness.

I'm sure Brian and Melinda have a will, and in that will, I'm sure they have stated who would be the children's guardian if something were to happen to them. That's not to defend their decision to adopt so late in life, but just to say that the children would not be left high and dry. And I can't believe I'm typing this. I guess we'll learn how the kids feel about their childhoods in 20-30 years, when they write their books.   Roll Eyes
DonnaK
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: October 13, 2009, 10:12:11 AM »

You do not adopt children with the attitude that if you're not around someone else will take care of them. That's like a drug addict having children. Let someone else take care of the kids. This whole idea of people at their age adopting children is just crazy. The best interest of the child is what's at stake, not passing them down to someone else. I'm sure there are so many other younger, well qualified couples out there seeking a child to adopt that would have been a much better and wiser choice here. I don't even think I'd want to live in that household.
shelter
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: October 13, 2009, 10:13:53 AM »

The very worst thing that can possibly happen to you when you're a child is that you lose your parents before you're old enough to make it on your own. And this kid has a pretty good chance that's gonna happen to him. So I think this is just wrong.
Amy B.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: October 13, 2009, 10:40:12 AM »

You do not adopt children with the attitude that if you're not around someone else will take care of them. That's like a drug addict having children. Let someone else take care of the kids. This whole idea of people at their age adopting children is just crazy. The best interest of the child is what's at stake, not passing them down to someone else. I'm sure there are so many other younger, well qualified couples out there seeking a child to adopt that would have been a much better and wiser choice here. I don't even think I'd want to live in that household.

Which is why I said, "This is not to defend their decision to adopt..." I was just trying to address the idea that there were no provisions made "just in case." I agree with you that it's not wise or fair to adopt a baby so late. IMO, they should have stuck with the two girls. They were still young enough then. But then, I'm trying not to judge.
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

"Too dumb for New York City, too ugly for L.A."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #67 on: October 13, 2009, 01:13:53 PM »

As long as you yourself are of the above opinion, it is all right, sir.

Grin

a diseased bunch of mo'fos if there ever was one… their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons.

- Lester Bangs on The Beach Boys

PRO SHOT BEACH BOYS CONCERTS - LIST

To sum it up, they blew it, they blew it consistently, they continue to blow it, it is tragic and this pathological problem caused The Beach Boys' greatest music to be so underrated by the general public.

- Jack Rieley
Pretty Funky
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: October 13, 2009, 02:08:46 PM »

I don't think there would be a parent on this board that couldn't be criticized for some reason or another. Perhaps not 17 dogs but 17 versions of 'Pet Sounds' anyone? Attending countless BW/ BB concerts during the same tour seem normal? Take a look at how long your total time logged on this site is (top left of screen). Tell me some would not think that's a bit strange. Insecure even?
26 days, but what's your point? There's a difference between spending time on a message board and orphaning children.

The point was made after criticism of the Wilsons having 17 dogs. We all have our oddities. I don't have a issue with you spending almost a month logged on discussing a 60s surf band (tongue in cheek BTW). Some would call it nuts. Maybe Melinda thinks she is the US Bridget Bardot with the dogs?

Confession time. Family members have recently adopted 3 kids from a drug addict mother who has since died. I imagine the new parents, as any parent here, would give more time and concern to the 'now' rather than 10-20 years down the track. As would a judge. Bringing up good kids IMO is not just the basics of food and shelter but what the extended environment has to offer ie education, health care, friends and family. So Brians family we know. What of his friends and their families. Melindas family? Didn't the mother move in? Could others be involved?

We don't know the half of it and shouldn't need to.

I don't know anything about institutions in California but going by the finances of the state they could be underfunded. Are there more kids up for adoption than young parents wanting them? As I mentioned in a earlier post even if the Wilsons only have a limited time with the kids, it could be better than the alternative.

One more thing, I thought Brian looked happier in that family picture than most shots of him onstage for the last 10 years.
Nicko
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: October 13, 2009, 02:19:07 PM »

One more thing, I thought Brian looked happier in that family picture than most shots of him onstage for the last 10 years.

I don`t think that means too much though. Anyone can look happy in a staged photo after all.
Nicole
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: October 13, 2009, 03:23:53 PM »

I think it's nice that everyone is voicing their concerns for this child, but what power do we have over any of it? No amount of discussion and criticism is going to change the fact that he adopted the little boy. I know, it IS a message board so we're all free to discuss what we'd like, except for bootlegs, but it makes things tense around here. And it really is a petty thing to get into an argument about. I don't see why we (meaning the ones that disagree with the decision) can't at least try to be happy for the family and see it their way.
Pretty Funky
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: October 13, 2009, 03:41:11 PM »

Its the BBs fault I think. We need a good lawsuit to get our teeth into instead! Grin
Shady
Smiley Smile Associate

I had to fix a lot of things this morning

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: October 13, 2009, 03:43:57 PM »

. I don't see why we (meaning the ones that disagree with the decision) can't at least try to be happy for the family and see it their way.

I agree, everyone should just be happy for whatever Brian and his family want, hell if could of been Brian's idea, stranger things have happend.

Yet it is interesting to talk about it, and voice opinions.

But all this talk about death is very morbid  Undecided

According to someone who would know.

Seriously, there was a Beach Boys Love You condom?!  Amazing.
Dancing Bear
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: October 13, 2009, 03:53:01 PM »

. I don't see why we (meaning the ones that disagree with the decision) can't at least try to be happy for the family and see it their way.
I don't see why FOR ONCE Brian (& Melinda) can't keep his private life.... private.

Nicole
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: October 13, 2009, 03:57:55 PM »

I'm all for that, but it might be a little strange if someone spotted the family out one day and all of a sudden, Brian's got a little Asian baby with him. People would certainly have questions Cheesy It's just something that goes along with being a celebrity, I think. A lot of your private life becomes everybody's business.
gfx
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx